The Great Freak Forward

Western Australia Forums - Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
17 posts Page 1 of 1
akira

The Great Freak Forward
Are you blind to the grind?

Free Indoor Psychedelic Trance Party

Featuring UV deco and Sonorous Stentorian Vociferous sound!

Friday 12th November @ The Kitchen (entry rear Hip-e club Leederville)

Djs - Jogy, Lysergic, Psyche, Tshanti, Akira, Psytye and Druid of Psy

9pm - Late

More info - 0404 733 446 or email neil@hopkinsofficefurniture.com

Did I mention it was free???

Druid Of Psy

it'll be whack jam

be there or be square

Psyche1

Please support this!! You won't be sorry..

Druid Of Psy

Ok well here is the line up and set times for the Great Freak

Tshanti 9 - 10
Psytye 10 - 11
Akira 11 - 12
Psyche 12 - 1
Jogy 1 - 2
Lysergic 2 - 3
Druid of Psy 3 - 4
Madpup 4 - close

Peace

Fiba Optix

whats with the 1 hour set times - thats like 10 tracks :?:

Cheers
Fiba

Druid Of Psy

yeah I know

we wanna do it longer but ya only have a certain time limit when you do in doors, we're planning on doing outdoors soon but we need to get our name out there first and try and get some Money behind us

Psyche1

Fiba Optix wrote :
whats with the 1 hour set times - thats like 10 tracks :?:

Cheers
Fiba

True. But these are the things we gota go through to start something here with our limited time.

Fiba Optix

fairy muff :)

Cheers
Fiba

Psyche1

To all who came down a big thanx. This party was a huge success!! Look out for the next one!!

telli

it was tha b0m!!! the place was rammed and it was stomping stomping!

and i met biodiversity as well! hi asl?! :P

get your space suits ready for the next party!

bio[diversity]

Yay, just got back from my little trip around the southwest of WA, in a big bloody behemoth of a motorhome ( shower and all ) and i've gott :killah: a say, one of the highlights was The Great Freak Forward.!!

Excellent night had by all, the promoters deserve a big pat on the back for this one, especially as it's their first ( hopefully not the last ) The crowd lapped up everything the DJ's could give them, and that was heaps. The mixing was technically very very good. Talent that belies their young ages was apparent, as was the pure excitement and energy of being up in front of a pumping crowd in the very psy friendly venue. Sound was crisp and clear and the decorations looked great.
Expecially enjoyed meeting all the crew over there, Telli, Druid, Mike and the rest that i can't remember your names ( sorry ) Expecially liked the energy from mike's set ( go Party Pooper, loved the reaction from the crowd with the police sample )and the progressive grooves of the last DJ, Madpup.
The one hour set times worked well I thought, as it kept the momentum building and the energy levels never had a chance to wane. I for one danced all night and could have kept going for hours.
Hope the venue gets you back in and that the next gigs just keep getting bigger and better.
And if any of you are in Sydney, make sure that you drop us a line so we can PARTY HARD, sydney style. :killah:
Till then, Peace.
Shayne

psytye

really glad you enjoyed it man! we were soo stoked with how our first nite turned out, we are currently in planning for our second one.... altho that has been put on hold until after we all recover from earl of fnord!

twas great to have an interstater their to share our first nite with, we couldn't hve asked for it to go any better!

hopefully sometime next year i will be doing the melbourne, sydney, brisbane, cairns things.... so i'll definately make sure to drop you a line. i'm tye, i spoke to you a few times i think, i'm the guy who played second(10-11pm).

hehe wow... it feels so strange to be on australiens. haven't been here for ages!

bio[diversity]

yeah cool tye, i liked your set, lot's of energy.
keep up the good work.
see ya when you're over this side.
cheers,

madpup

Hey, thanks for the kind words, it is nice to know that experienced psy trancer has nice things to say about the party. Hope the next one will go just as well.

telli

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Druid Of Psy

yeah guys,

i must say even tho this is a bit of a late reply it was a rather insane night.

fully looking forward to the next gig once we get it together. Hopefully before madpup goes away (you got some wicked morning music man).

Shayne as for sydney. I'll come over once i have a chance, meet up and show us around the psy scene

well gotta get cruising hope ta see ya all when i get back

telli

*bump*
17 posts Page 1 of 1