ReGrowth Festival Cancelled

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
326 posts Page 7 of 14

Sangoma_Muti

hmmm just have to hope that menog is played when the speakers are at FULL TILT, need those twisted psychedelic basslines to fill the air at the highest decibals, no point wasting him on small volumes. looking forward to seeing line-up. Nice one regen...irie
psythagoras

R.E.G.E.N wrote :
On Friday night the psytrance stage will finish amplified music at midnight and then we will be treated to a live drumming circle, feel free to bring your drums and join in. With an amazing light show and live visuals this will for sure be a drum circle experience like no other. Trancing true tribal style!

In the past few years of attending doofs/festivals I have often wished that for a period of time everything would go acoustic. I always perceived that it would be best having acoustic during the day and amplified at night. Consequently I have decided to buy light amplifying glasses for night time and some seriously dark shades for daytime so as at this "considerably council effected event" I will achieve my wish. :D Thanks R.E.G.E.N.

p.s. Does anyone know where I can by light amplifying glasses or anywhere that I can get my hands on some pure carotene :shock: and very dark sunglasses 8) ? The ones at the servo say they are UV protected but damn them, I know the truth.

R.E.G.E.N

Hi Everyone,

With tickets selling really fast and the 3 day - six stage festival just over the rolling green horizon everyone is getting really, REALLY excited.

In all this excitment it is easy to forget to buy your presolds.

Don't forget!

Early owl tickts $40 SOLD OUT
Early Bird Tickets $50 SOLD OUT
Presolds NOW $60 AVAILABLE (finish in the morning of the 18th)
Price on the Gate $90

Buy your tickets now and save your clams.

Happy days

keirrajade

for anyone who's driven up to this site before:

i've never been before and unsure of how good the track is, wondering whether my celica will make it up there...any comments?

itchytriggerniggerfingers

keirrajade wrote :
whether my celica will make it up there

Are you on the TOCA forums :?:

keirrajade

never heard of it
MarkS

R.E.G.E.N wrote :
We are currently in negotiation with council on the topic of having music at a lower volume throughout the 12-8am period on Saturday night and they are giving us a definite answer on Tuesday night.

So the $60 pre-sale tickets close on Tuesday midnight ? How much notice are we going to be given on Tuesday night on the 18th, on this forum , of whether or not the main stage will be allowed to at least to run at reduced volume Midnight -8am Saturday night to Sunday morning? I can only make it for the weekend so this is an issue for me.
Best wishes.

keirrajade wrote :
never heard of it

Toyota Owners Club Australia. Friendly bunch of car nuts & enthusiasts :D

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

R.E.G.E.N

Hi Keirrajade,

That sure is a nice car you have there.

As for access. The road involves 21 kms of unsealed roads. Most of this is good 2way dirt roads. Extra care should be taken in the wet.

The road thins in sections and care should be taken at all times for the local community and the festival community on the roads.

Look out for native fauna also.

There is heaps out that way.

Directions will be posted soon.

Safe travels

R.E.G.E.N

We will be extending the pre-sale tickets till Wednesday night, so everyone can make their decisions based on the Council's decision. ( Keep in mind, the Senior Planner and Health and Safety Officers have recommended the event proceed, with conditions, which we have met so far )
So.... also keep in mind that ALL artists are still playing, no changes to the overall line-up.
MENOG will be cranking at FULL BLAST. Zen Mechanics will be cranking at FULL BLAST.
You will be able to get some sleep, if you desire, and if you don't, we will have something to entertain you through the night, something very, very entertaining indeed.
It will be a new concept for some, but " a change is as good as a holiday "
So we are looking forward to seeing all your smiling dials, on the most amazing festival site i've ever seen, with six stages, next weekend.
More details as soon as we know.

keirrajade

itchytriggerniggerfingers wrote :
keirrajade wrote :
never heard of it

Toyota Owners Club Australia. Friendly bunch of car nuts & enthusiasts :D

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

aah sweet! i will have to check it out :) cheers!

mine is the 92 sx 180 series, not quite as nice as that black one :P

keirrajade

R.E.G.E.N wrote :
Hi Keirrajade,

That sure is a nice car you have there.

As for access. The road involves 21 kms of unsealed roads. Most of this is good 2way dirt roads. Extra care should be taken in the wet.

The road thins in sections and care should be taken at all times for the local community and the festival community on the roads.

Look out for native fauna also.

There is heaps out that way.

Directions will be posted soon.

Safe travels

cheers for that, is there much of a steep climb/many big bumpy areas?

psy*clone

shouldn't be a problem for 2wd vehicles. if it rains you'll still get thru, just drive smart. last time it was a complete wash out, and i got thru with an old civic. just remember to get a decent run off when climbing the hills and crossing puddles. you dont wanna break down in the middle the puddle.

shame about the council and the "noise" which the neighbours might hear if they listened real closely.

thanx for the effort regen crew, it'll be a crazy party.

MarkS

R.E.G.E.N wrote :
We will be extending the pre-sale tickets till Wednesday night, so everyone can make their decisions based on the Council's decision. ( Keep in mind, the Senior Planner and Health and Safety Officers have recommended the event proceed, with conditions, which we have met so far )
So.... also keep in mind that ALL artists are still playing, no changes to the overall line-up. .

Cool, thanks.

Mark

dranged

yeah I'm sold, bought my tick! :)

frrresh!

oops

dranged wrote :
yeah I'm sold, bought my tick! :)

frrresh!

wohoo! See you down there.

and apparently with the new council regs there might even be showers... so you don't have to be too much of a dirty hippy :P
Ritchie_Jay

Hey,

As a warmup for ReGrowth I'll be playing a phat prog trance set on Audio e tomorrow Morning with the lovely Duglass.

I have some festival tickets to give away too.

Tune in to 2RRR 88.5fm at 8am.

Enjoy,

Ritchie.
Last edited by Ritchie_Jay on Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dranged

oops wrote :

wohoo! See you down there.

and apparently with the new council regs there might even be showers... so you don't have to be too much of a dirty hippy :P

I'm not going down without a fight! :lol:

can't wait :twisted:

DECRION DEE

psy*clone wrote :
shouldn't be a problem for 2wd vehicles. if it rains you'll still get thru, just drive smart. last time it was a complete wash out, and i got thru with an old civic. just remember to get a decent run off when climbing the hills and crossing puddles. you dont wanna break down in the middle the puddle.

shame about the council and the "noise" which the neighbours might hear if they listened real closely.

thanx for the effort regen crew, it'll be a crazy party.

shut up marty you will sleep in the car allnight 8)

venatrix

Sadly I will not be at this year's regrowth :cry:

So I would really love you all to take lots of photos so I can embrace the magic by proxy. Can't wait to see pictures of all your smiling munted faces :)

Best of luck to all involved, I am sure it will be a really special event.

robbie303

Hmmmm......worrying news about the Council noise guidelines but maybe acoustic stuff through the late night/ early morning will be nice?! I'm going to be really dying to hear something loud by sunrise though!! :) Anyway, I'll be there. Cant wait.

keirrajade

3 days to go!!
i had a dream the other night that i arrived at dark and it was pissing down rain so i couldn't set up my tent! haha...frustrating..

was originally going to come at sunrise saturday morning, but now considering coming friday avo instead....hmmm

does anyone need a lift from canberra cos i'll be driving!

keirrajade wrote :
3 days to go!!
i had a dream the other night that i arrived at dark and it was pissing down rain so i couldn't set up my tent! haha...frustrating..

Sounds like you were having Supercreek / Floodcreation flashbacks :lol:

Fingers crossed the weather will be fine for Raingen, oops I mean Regen :wink:
rosie

R.E.G.E.N wrote :
On Friday night the psytrance stage will finish amplified music at midnight and then we will be treated to a live drumming circle, feel free to bring your drums and join in. With an amazing light show and live visuals this will for sure be a drum circle experience like no other. Trancing true tribal style! Some of the other stages will unfortunately have to shut down in this time but the Ixchell chill and Rootical Swamp stage will be providing some forms of entertainment and the SOS stage will have unplugged live music. The cinema will also be going all night. All in all it will also provide a good opportunity to get some sleep before the massive planting effort on Saturday :wink:
To compensate for these factors we are extending the festival hours to
a starting time of 2pm Friday and going right through to midnight on the Sunday.

Cheers,
R.E.G.E.N

This all sounds absolutely amazing. I for one will be warmly welcoming the diversity!
This weekend is going to be freaking awesome. Thank you in advance Regen crew!!

Esoterica2000-III

Thank you so for being soo considerate!! Its sure pushed us (Regen) to our limits to bring you Regrowth '08 this year. We will do everything in our power to deliver the best ecological festival out there >

On another note, I still have some presale tix for sale, call me (Roque) on 0406 020975 and perhaps we can arrange delivery or pickup from marrickville if its before thrusday night. Also there are still some spaces available on the Regrowth bus which is leaving from central friday morning. Tickets are $110 with festival ticket included.

Peace, roq
326 posts Page 7 of 14