ReGrowth Festival Cancelled

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
326 posts Page 9 of 14

niium

Man, councils have gotta go. They are really interfering way too much.

..fucking gutted. My deepest condolences to all who have worked so hard, invested so much creative energy and forked out so much in preparation for this much anticipated event. You guys deserve so much better than this.

exhibit_k

Our deepest sympathies and condolences to the Regen crew. Like you, there are many of us here in Canberra who are also completely shattered and heartbroken.

I would like to be the first to extend an offer to come out to the site and help you guys plant the trees, so that the land is still regenerated. It's only a matter of indicating a date/weekend of when you would like to do this.

And we'll be there with you this weekend to support, console and share the community spirit.

My love to you all

Kas :cry:

silly the kid

absolute bollocks!

I'm really sorry for you guys after everything you have put into this with such good intentions and cooperative spirit. So many people were looking forward to this with such excitement. I hope they realise how many people are going to be really, really disappointed and disillusioned.

STEVONOISEMAKER

time and time again the channels through which we are supposed to oraganise parties are letting us down.

BIG UPS REGEN CREW, amazing job you have done none the less.

we all feel for you. what a tragic outcome!

to the police and goulburn council SHAME ON YOU!!!

amazing we can have metrosexual fluro festivals in the heart of the city disturbing thousands of people, causing traffic chaos and putting tremendous stress on emergency services, while a self sufficent and responsible pro-community gathering in the middle of a forest is banned.

will definitely be attending your syd events this weekend. and if anyone does have an email address for goulburn council, a torrent of "please explain" emails is clearly in order.

k_x

Angry letter to Council sent.

A well worded and eloquent angry letter telling them what dipshits they are to be precise. Obviously without the dipshit bit.

I feel a bit better now.

Vent vent vent.

Sinner

Man. This blows.

*weep*

*weep*

Postal address:
The General Manager
Locked Bag 22
GOULBURN NSW 2580

Phone: 02 4823 4444 Fax: 02 4823 4456

Email: council@goulburn.nsw.gov.au

Business Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm.

After Hours Contact: Duty Officer 02 4822 1080

k_x

silly the kid

k_x wrote :
Angry letter to Council sent.

A well worded and eloquent angry letter telling them what dipshits they are to be precise. Obviously without the dipshit bit.

:lol:

exhibit_k

Guys - don't send abusive messages or letters to the Goulburn Council. There are better avenues to deal with this and it's best not to do it when emotions are running high.

ATREYU

This is a tragedy. Its truely depressing to see how Regen and Reco Solutions have been fucked around by the council. Its almost as if they are going out of their way to try and bankrupt the promoters.

It just shows how if you play by their rules they fuck you anyway.

Regen has played by the rules all the way trying to set an example for responsible/inspiring/educational events. I hope that u guys keep going we cannot let them ban the spice of life.

Bullshit laws.

They complain about Noise, DA, fire, Insurance. Blah Blah Blah. What about big events like car racing that pollute the environment/ make heaps of noise etc. I spose its only cause these commercial events are Multi million dollar marketing campaigns with advertising etc that they get permission to keep doin them without problems. Even if you have your own land they still tell u what to do. U can't win.

P.S We all need to buy 4WD's so we can go to venues deep in the bush where they cannot find us, or hear us.

:vomitonyou:

SYNeR

ATREYU wrote :
P.S We all need to buy 4WD's so we can go to venues deep in the bush where they cannot find us, or hear us.

:vomitonyou:

Or we need cheap & easy space travel to become available.. Anyone up for a moon doof?

Ugly Bunyip

Yes it is not the time to email councils. Poorly worded or aggresive sounding emails today will actually help support the council decision.

What Regen needs right now is our support by showing up this weekend to whatever they come up with, having a great time and paying for a ticket. They need all our energy this weekend. Emailing councils today is just energy wasted.
Last edited by Ugly Bunyip on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

k_x

Don't worry exhibit_k

I made a tactful complaint.

exhibit_k

no worries k_x - thanks mate.

i'm screaming and pulling my hair out on the inside too (whilst displaying a calm demeanour on the outside)!!

ozzy

Ugly Bunyip wrote :
Yes it is not the time to email councils. Poorly worded or aggresive sounding emails today will actually help support the council decision.

What Regen needs right now is our support by showing up this weekend to whatever they come up with, having a great time and paying for a ticket. They need all our energy this weekend. Emailing councils today is just energy wasted.

Agreed.
No one likes to see parties cancelled,
Especially such eco friendly, tree planting events such as Regen.
Best of luck to the lads for this weekend, Im sure you will have a cracking show of support .
:)

rollyz

Twisted Dirty Logic wrote :
Can we still come along one weekend and plant trees?

We could all wear our cassette players and pretend it's a doof.

Yeah , what if we all still came to plant trees, and have a BBQ (with a bit of music) afterwards?

I even fixed my shovel for this weekend :)

MeowTron

hmmm yes while it would feel great to systematicly annihilate all those responsible with an array of instruments, techniques and then burn their houses down...perhaps ever go as far as obliterating goulburn it's self thusly wiping it's existance from the face of the earth(this option is my favorite)...never the less it simply is not a viable appoach and unfortunatly we cant do a thing about it. except support regen and collectivlty dream up a new place where instead of being shut down by a bunch of redneck shitcunts for no reason other than because they can, we can regenerate bush land have fun, were we will be welcomed, supported and blessed by open minded councils.
.... it's always darkest before dawn

:D :D :D

keirrajade

rollyz wrote :
Twisted Dirty Logic wrote :
Can we still come along one weekend and plant trees?

We could all wear our cassette players and pretend it's a doof.

Yeah , what if we all still came to plant trees, and have a BBQ (with a bit of music) afterwards?

I even fixed my shovel for this weekend :)

I'm definately up for this :D

venatrix

How is it then that big commercial festivals that have no other purpose than providing fluoro wearing yobbo tanked up hooligans a place to run amok with some shitty music can get approval to hold events in the middle of Sydney, and an event such as regrowth, the main purpose of which is to regenerate the environment through actual planting of trees, and to create awareness of environmental issues can get rejected, especially at the last minute?

Is it politics? Is it simply a case of not enough money being thrown their way? Is it some complicated combination of them both?

This event made the Sydney Morning Herald last year for god's sake, not as a clapped out hippie drugfest, but as an opportunity to get out of Sydney and do something healthy for yourself and positive for the environment.

Yes I agree that shooting off angry letters while emotions are running high is possibly not the best course of action, perhaps the public need to be made aware of the state of affairs surrounding this terribly sad outcome. Anyone want to write an atricle to the Herald? It does run the risk of putting the scene in the spotlight and that may end up biting us in the arse as the public may turn out in support of the decision when the psychedelic trance element comes out. However it is a significant blow for the scene and it may be that the future of medium to large scale parties is bleak if not dead if we don't speak out about this.

But then again it is really up to the regen boys as to whether they want to take any action, and I respect whatever decision they make.

All is not lost guys. With any luck I will get some parole from my house arrest and come and see all your beautiful faces on the weekend before I leave you forever xoxoxoxox

flashfire

Very sorry to hear this REGEN. I can't imagine the energy and resources your whole crew has poured into this event.

:kiss:

keirrajade

venatrix wrote :
How is it then that big commercial festivals that have no other purpose than providing fluoro wearing yobbo tanked up hooligans a place to run amok with some shitty music can get approval to hold events in the middle of Sydney, and an event such as regrowth, the main purpose of which is to regenerate the environment through actual planting of trees, and to create awareness of environmental issues can get rejected, especially at the last minute?

government makes money out of their festivals...alcohol sales, etc..

ionized

:shock: :shock: :banghead: :banghead: :gun: :stab: :stab: :alien:

I'm completely shattered by this news, I can only imagine how you Regen crew must be feeling after putting so much effort and heart into this festival only to be rickrolled a few days before the event.

Its obvious that someone(s) in power is conspiring to make these gatherings just not happen. It sickens me to think that they would full knowingly make you guys jump through all the redtape only to withold the application at the last minute. Especially considering the ideodology behind the festival and the fact you've made all the concessions that were required... it just doesnt make sense. Its shit that we seem to be living in such a draconian state ... :cry:

I will definately be there on the dancefloor at whatever alternative you guys have planned...

herbsandspices

Yeah, this sucks.

Not that I know anything about the facts, what council said and when etc, but it sounds like a good case for a supreme court injunction to me.

venatrix

keirrajade wrote :
government makes money out of their festivals...alcohol sales, etc..

Wouldn't the money from alcohol sales go to the organisers? I don't know. I mean the tax on the booze would obviously go to the govt, but is that a significant amount? Again, I don't know.

rosie

I, too, am absolutely shattered by this terrible news...

HUGE thank you to the Regen crew for putting in so much effort. We all know how much love went into it. You really did all you could within your power to put this party on. I have actually shed a few tears for you guys, so so sad that this has happened.

I don't know what else to say, but you have a lot of support so keep putting on awesome parties!
326 posts Page 9 of 14