Recommended Solutions 6 - Set Times Now Up!!!

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
222 posts Page 8 of 9

ALEXUP

Abuse wrote :
tripn wrote :
will there be a crazy ducks set?

im pretty sure A-HOLES is half of crazy ducks...

anybody know?????

Yes A-Holes is Moran from Crazy Ducks and Damo from Brisbane area.

ATREYU

Raptor wrote :
My top 6 for RS6

1. Entropy - Who wants cracker? - Remix (Doof Rec Unr)
2. Shpongle - Dorset Perception (Terminator Remix - Unr)
3. Zirkin - Come to daddy (Doof Rec Unr)
4. Outer Signal - Focus Pocus (Yabai Rec - Ministry Of Sound)
5. Psysex - Puzzle - Bliss Remix (Unr)
6. CPU vs Neko - Roller Toaster (Nutek Unr - this is the new 'dark' sound of cpu!!!)

Shpongle Terminator remix :wtf:

"Come to daddy" should be sick also.

ATREYU

Recommended Solutions wrote :
New slightly updated line up...

7. TBA

8.30. Spoonbill

10.00. Dookey

11.30 Hedonix

12.30. Akin

1.30. Artifakt DJ Set

3.30. Abuse

5.00. Artifakt – Live

6.30. Chromatone

8.00. Megatron

9.30. Positive Thought Live

11.00. Kaneda

12.30. A-Holes

2.00 Orphea

3.30 Stuart Wild DJ SET (from prog into fun minimal techno (138 - 125)

Whoa This is gonna Kick ass.
+ Woot for Megatron mornin set- bout time.

belstar

hey brains..

i rented a nobirds car and drove to riverina area, whilst getting lost on the worst pot-holed muddy dirty rockiest road u ever saw (trying to take one of those short-cuts that u are sure exist), i thought the car would have major damage for sure let alone dirt, but no, i simply drove thru carlovers the next day and no one was the wiser...

:D

YoBi

CANT FUKN WAIT 4 THIS!!! :D

Lineup looks fukn shweet, non-stop stompyness :twisted:
Real keen to hear most of the ppl playin!!!
...'specially Chromy, ArtifaKt n Spoonbill :twisted:

C u loopy bunch out vere!!!
:arrow:

raptor

The CHROMATONE VS DJ ANAKA track on Mechanik Castle (Mechanik Records) is awesome - hope he plays that one live!

raptor

ATREYU wrote :
Raptor wrote :
My top 6 for RS6

1. Entropy - Who wants cracker? - Remix (Doof Rec Unr)
2. Shpongle - Dorset Perception (Terminator Remix - Unr)
3. Zirkin - Come to daddy (Doof Rec Unr)
4. Outer Signal - Focus Pocus (Yabai Rec - Ministry Of Sound)
5. Psysex - Puzzle - Bliss Remix (Unr)
6. CPU vs Neko - Roller Toaster (Nutek Unr - this is the new 'dark' sound of cpu!!!)

Shpongle Terminator remix :wtf:

http://www.speedyshare.com/274687165.html sample of the terminator track

panzel

I cannot wait 4 this.
Guess i better get some gum boots tho!
Stompin in the mud???
YUM YUM YUM>>>>> :bounce:

keirrajade

3 days to go!!!

guide dogs association

after the torture of plod plod plod electro at recent parties, cant wait for what the newy boys always deliver. Crack that psy whip. i'm totally up for this one. :grr:

keirrajade

*hopes there is NO electro played all weekend*

Kaneda

keirrajade wrote :

What about funky minimal techno / progressive tech house?

(Very, very far away from slut funk...)

ALEXUP

Kaneda wrote :
keirrajade wrote :

I am playing Slut FunK!!!

Gora

Like i can't find anything wrong with slut or funk! :spliff:

Kaneda

ALEXUP wrote :
Kaneda wrote :
keirrajade wrote :

Personally I believe in diversity, and then determining good and bad as it comes, rather than by genre, but I do like to draw a line between Slut Funk and the rest of 'electro'... Mostly because people tend to think -all- electro has to be bad because -some- of it has cheesey bits...

I'll be listening to it if I'm there in time man :D ...Dancing is a maybe, as I'll still be up from the Brisbane Artifakt gig the night before :wink:

Now to work out what to play on Sunday afternoon... Will people still be up for 137bpm dark minimal progressive at 3pm? Hmmmm *strokes goatee*

keirrajade

Kaneda wrote :
keirrajade wrote :

only if it's hard! :P

psyyyytrannnceee!!!

keirrajade

Kaneda wrote :
ALEXUP wrote :
Kaneda wrote :
keirrajade wrote :

Personally I believe in diversity, and then determining good and bad as it comes, rather than by genre, but I do like to draw a line between Slut Funk and the rest of 'electro'... Mostly because people tend to think -all- electro has to be bad because -some- of it has cheesey bits...

i just hate hearin it at doofs because it's all you hear everywhere else - clubs, etc...its nice to go to parties where you don't have to hear it

simon

Kaneda wrote :
Now to work out what to play on Sunday afternoon... Will people still be up for 137bpm dark minimal progressive at 3pm? Hmmmm *strokes goatee*

i would be :) infact i'd bring the whole fam up on sunday just to hear it. (any excuse, im chomping at the bit for a good dance)

but unfortunately by some obscure royal decree and backed up by prophesees of doom no one is allowed to play that stuff anytime other than warm up set in sydney.

yeah, i dont get it either :roll:

spangk

Thats not entirely true. Didn't sensient do a set about 4 yrs ago, maybe it was the first Cycle logical party (?) I might be totally wrong but i thought he did an afternoon set (or did i just imagine thats a good time for it? it gets hard to separate the reality from my fantasy over time)

Anyway it's Newcastle :p um

no no it was Cycle Logical II

simon

spangk wrote :
Thats not entirely true. Didn't sensient do a set about 4 yrs ago, maybe it was the first Cycle logical party (?) I might be totally wrong but i thought he did an afternoon set (or did i just imagine thats a good time for it? it gets hard to separate the reality from my fantasy over time)

stop being so serious! :P

yeah he played after me ( i did warm up i think) , live set then dj set

Kaneda

I always just zoom out and look at the massive range of good dance music there is, and realise that anything can be driving... Yes, even if it isn't 145 bpm killah psytrance. Psychedelic is exploration... And whilst there is alot of exploration to be done between 140 and 150 bpm, time is a marvelous thing and has a few tricks up it's sleeve below 140 :)

...That said, the Kaneda live set has a brand new 35 - 40 minutes of 145 bpm killah :P ... 25 minutes of that written especially for this set :D

Sensient rocks and in the multiple times I've booked him to play, it's gone best leading upto just after midnight... To think of starting killah before him in that lineup would be like sex with no foreplay. (That's the best analogy I can think of at this time of the morning.) There were about 400 people on the dancefloor pre-midnight for his set, and they didn't leave until late the next afternoon... Mmm... More I think about phat thriving lush dancefloor times the more I can't wait for this weekend! :shock:

Kaneda

keirrajade wrote :
Kaneda wrote :
ALEXUP wrote :
Kaneda wrote :
keirrajade wrote :

i just hate hearin it at doofs because it's all you hear everywhere else - clubs, etc...its nice to go to parties where you don't have to hear it

Fully! Bugger off that club radio dance hitz 2007 stuff. When I hear the word 'electro' I think of some of the really wicked underground psychedelic funky as fuck electro I've heard in recent times. Basicly similar production to good psychedelic trance, but slower and with more liquidity in the basslines :)

I love all of it hey... But my personal taste is for it to keep evolving and changing through the course of the event... Like any good journey :)

...This lineup is well quality and I'm proud to be playing alongside some amazing local and global talent... It's a great time to be alive :)

spangk

simon wrote :
spangk wrote :

stop being so serious! :P

yeah he played after me ( i did warm up i think) , live set then dj set

Seriously killar

venatrix

Kaneda wrote :

Fully! Bugger off that club radio dance hitz 2007 stuff.

That's exactly what I think of when I hear the word electro. People in shitty clubs wearing fluoro and being complete fuckwits.

Kaneda wrote :
When I hear the word 'electro' I think of some of the really wicked underground psychedelic funky as fuck electro I've heard in recent times. Basicly similar production to good psychedelic trance, but slower and with more liquidity in the basslines :)

Please please show me this electro that isn't painful and shithouse. I will believe it when I hear it (and promptly rejoyce hehe)

guide dogs association

If its crap electro, u wont hear it at newy parties.

I have a new(y) saying "electro's ok, but you're not allowed to play it"
222 posts Page 8 of 9