R.E.G.E.N presents: GOA GIL!! 24hr DJ set 15th December

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
125 posts Page 1 of 5
R.E.G.E.N

:D R.E.G.E.N are very happy to present a once in a lifetime experience. Goa Gil (Avatar Records), one of the founding fathers of the psychedelic trance movement will for the first time in Australia be playing one of his legendary 24 hour DJ sets at our spectacular outdoor location in the Southern Highlands of NSW. :D

“….Dance is active meditation. When we dance we go beyond thought, beyond mind and beyond our own individuality…..â€
Last edited by R.E.G.E.N on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:12 am, edited 14 times in total.

ozzy

Nice one lads.
About time this man came to our shores.
:)
paradox

i am for shuuuuuuu there :trip: re

boom
Gill

tripn

wicked!! but seriously... only a 24 hour set?? :P

spangk

tripn wrote :
wicked!! but seriously... only a 24 hour set?? :P

Yea totally lame. Hardcore man, Goa Gil :shock: :mrgreen:

Rockn guys!

Meltdown
Site Admin

Nice work REGEN! Champions!! :D

ALEXUP

WOW

psyllium

Set times please :P

ATREYU

Siiick one. :thumb:

MeowTron

damn---that is going to be really really special..

tune in and drop out!

if only i could master wormhole technology in time!!!!

simon

so i have read reviews that says this guy cannot mix, he simply slams it to the next track or he train wrecks the mix, and that he plays mostly darkpsy now. can someone confirm that?

because 24 hours of that sounds painful to me.

ALEXUP

simon wrote :
so i have read reviews that says this guy cannot mix, he simply slams it to the next track or he train wrecks the mix, and that he plays mostly darkpsy now. can someone confirm that?

That is exactly what I have heard, Train wrecks and fade ins... Sounds like my style. :oops:

simon

ALEXUP wrote :
simon wrote :

That is exactly what I have heard, Train wrecks and fade ins... Sounds like my style. :oops:

Apparently the track selection makes up for it but me not being a darkpsy fan im not so sure that track selection alone will do it for me... I really would like to see him tho, its not often we aussies get the chance. I think he played once, ages ago on a beach, in 1995 perhaps ? im sure i remember seeing a flyer in newtown.

ozzy

ALEXUP wrote :
simon wrote :

LOL
Mine too!
;)

psyllium

FRACAS

trainwrecks or not ....this will be a experience not to be missed....
....i m sure any dj would have a few issues doing a set spanning an entire day(if they could demand one :) )

Go REGEN ......nice one!!!

Daheen

simon wrote :
I really would like to see him tho, its not often we aussies get the chance. I think he played once, ages ago on a beach, in 1995 perhaps ? im sure i remember seeing a flyer in newtown.

According to the man himself he has only been to Australia once before, back in 73. He drove all over the country and hung out with the aborigines for a while, but definately didn't play any psytrance.

Goa Gil uses DAT to play with, so that explains the mixing style. Space Tribe only fades in fades out when he DJs and has played some of the best sets I've ever seen so I guess track selection is where its at (although personally I do love a good beatmatch :) ).

We are all really excited about this one. I read a quote that said "Goa Gil is to the psytrance scene what Lee Scratch Perry is to the Dub scene". He has played such a pivotel role in influencing the music we all love today that it will be a real honour to get to see him play.

Can't wait !! :D :D :D

ALEXUP

Agreed, good work Regen!!

I am just trying to get my head around the 24 hour thing, Big Efforts I say.

Gora

I'v heard him play 36 hours, the man is a beast, confirmed he play's mostly dark but i doubt he'll go hard 24 hours. Then again i might be wrong!

"....i m sure any dj would have a few issues doing a set spanning an entire day" :shock: No way Hosse! You keep feeding me and i'll do it for ya' my dear Fracas! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyhow i would not miss this for the world, sick!

traveller

psyllium wrote :
Set times please :P

:D

rollyz

I'm there already! Just marked it in my little black book :twisted:

I recon more DJ's should do longer sets.....ok not quite 24 hours, but give 3 -4 a go and make a journey of it if you can. Sometimes when some DJs get on, it feels like they are only just getting started, when its time up for the next DJ....

tripn

rollyz wrote :

I recon more DJ's should do longer sets.....ok not quite 24 hours, but give 3 -4 a go and make a journey of it if you can. Sometimes when some DJs get on, it feels like they are only just getting started, when its time up for the next DJ....

thats why paul of EPP has always given the dj's 3 hours each. it allows them to create a journey rather than just beating out the 10 latest tracks they bought. come to track 3if your into long dj sets.

spangk

tripn wrote :
rollyz wrote :

thats why paul of EPP has always given the dj's 3 hours each. it allows them to create a journey rather than just beating out the 10 latest tracks they bought. come to track 3if your into long dj sets.

I'd suggest letting the promoters know that this is a good thing... AND the punters want more of it :) D I think the main problem in implementing longer sets would be political... mOdern doof strategic.

FeralBrown

spangk wrote :

I'd suggest letting the promoters know that this is a good thing... AND the punters want more of it :) D I think the main problem in implementing longer sets would be political... mOdern doof strategic.

Totally... at our little shindiggiy-thingies we crank out a good 4-8 hours each! There are plenty of DJs capable! (and CRAVING)

Anyway- FUCK YES!!!! Nice one, guys!

VJ DAMAGE

1st thought ~ OMFG! NO WAI!!

2nd thought ~ 24hrs? (sung to the tune of The Police) "Pissing in a bottle"
125 posts Page 1 of 5