SENSORY OVERLOAD - HALLUCINOGEN LIVE & SHPONGLE DJ SET

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
72 posts Page 1 of 3
raptor

ESP are proud to present one of the true masters of the psychedelic genre – SIMON POSFORD aka HALLUCINOGEN & SHPONGLE.

There are many words to describe modern electronic music but none that come close to the wealth of emotion and experience that comes from listening to a Posford performance. Join us to experience a true artist as we prepare for you a night like no other!

HALLUCINOGEN LIVE & SHPONGLE – TWISTED RECORDS (UK)

With a career spanning almost 15 years, Simon Posford is one of the most recognized and respected artists of the psychedelic genre. His sound has become synonymous with the psychedelic experience and is considered the pinnacle of modern day psychedelic music.
His trance music (Twisted, The Lone Deranger)and ambient/dub releases (Are You Shpongled?, Tales Of The Inexpressable, Nothing Lasts But Nothing Is Lost) blew the lid off the musical scene that had built up around his influence. Simon is renowned for his meticulous production skills and this is characterised through the multilayered depth his music displays. Through pooling his talent from a host of worldly influences his sound is enriched with a certain unmistakable quality that is revered by psychedelic and electronic enthusiasts from around the world. Are you ready?

Its getting close and here at ESP HQ we are pulling out all stops to make this one of our best events ever! A 'Sensory Overload' of production is planned!

Update:7 0% of tickets have now been sold. Early purchase is advised to avoid disappointment! Tix available from:

INTHEMIX: http://www.inthemix.com.au/whatson/even ... e_Shpongle

MOSHTIX:
http://www.moshtix.com.au/record.asp?lE ... ustraliens and outlets www.moshtix.com.au/outlets.asp

Last edited by raptor on Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

ALEXUP

Hope to be there, looks like fun.

phatpat

got my ticket :D

zaffa

sounds sweeeeeeeet pls can you let us know the set times???? dont want to miss the shpongle set ????? :shock:

The Journey Man Project

yeah might head up to this... seehow wrecked I am from E.C :)

BigSpoon

Shpongle followed up with homebake.

Going to be an epic weekend!

Wookie is excited indeed! :D

brainstorma

what a way to start calibrations of my b'day

raptor

Hi all!

Ive added DJ PAUL TAYLOR (SPUN RECORDS) to finalise the lineup! This party feels like it will be a cracker :)

DJ PAUL TAYLOR-SPUN RECORDS U.K

Paul Taylor began his DJ"ing career as a DAT dj in the season of
'96 in Goa. Travelling back and forth between Goa and U.K , he ran a Trance records store in London and started to play for some of the major party groups (Kundalini, Escape From Samsara, Enlightenment) in London at the time . In 2000 he joined TIP World records as a label DJ and co A&R and for the next two years; began to become known internationally both as a TIP DJ, and for track selection for compilations. In 2002, he left London to live in Ibiza , co-producing music with artists such as Earthling, Soundholics, CampoSonic. While in Ibiza he also joined Spun Records as Label Dj and A&R, and compiled the top selling Spun Compilation:"Tweakers".

Paul has also co-produced tracks with some of the leading artists in the scene like Wizzy Noise,Joti Sidhu and Psysex. His DJ compilations include Time and Space 1&2 for Maia records Mexico and Freedom Fighters for Crystal Matrix records Portugal. He continues to divide his time by playing around the globe at many of the big festivals and also compiling new CD's of cutting edge full on trance.

DISCOGRAPHY (production)

*. Co-Production of 3 tracks for Earthling Album "PAtterns" 2003 Acidance Records
*. "Anti-Gravity". .. With Earthling "SpunOut" Spun Records
*. "White Rabbit"..With Earthling Alchemy Records
*. "Hari Katsch" (As CampoSonic) With Earthling ,Shanti & Bushman...Sound Sorcery Records Mexico
*. "Waking Life" (As CampoSonic)....Spun Records
*. "Psychedelic Circus" ...with Soundaholix ...Spun Records
*. "Multiverse" ....with D-Tek....Sound Sorcery Records Mexico
*. "Headhunter" ...With Wizzy Noize and Joti Psychaos ...Spun Records
*. "Schwarmageddon" ....With 40% and Joti Psychaos...Sirius Records Japan
*. "MAstula" ...with ParaNormal Attack and X.P Voodoo ..Crystal MAtrix
Records
*. "Out Of the Box" ....with Psysex...Crystal MAtrix Records Portugal

DISCOGRAPHY (CD Compilations)

* "Time and Space Part 1&2" (with Dimitri Nakov) Sound Sorcery (Maia)
Records Mexico
* "Tweakers"...Spun Records
* "Freedom Fighters" ...Crystal Matrix Records Portugal
* "Force 9" ...Sirius Records Japan

*Taliana*

Im crossing everything possible that i can come to this.

silent_bob00000

getiing my ticket on friday

looks like its goin to be a great one

sman

I saw on the email that the Shpongle set is

9.30 - 11:30

Any idea what time the the hallucinogen set will be?

My missus wants to come but has a course the next day at 7:30 am which goes all day... if it is not too late she will come along.

venatrix

^^ yeah fully, I'm not buying tix till set times are released cause i have to work till 11 that night.

raptor

The lineup for the guest acts are: paul taylor 12.30- 2 and hallucinogen 3.30-5 (times may be subject to change)

venatrix

Raptor wrote :
The lineup for the guest acts are: paul taylor 12.30- 2 and hallucinogen 3.30-5 (times may be subject to change)

dranged

hour and a half?

bummed
please subject those times to change

thank you

itchytriggerniggerfingers

^^ thats 1.5 hours LIVE, not DJ set.

Keep in mind that he's also doing the 2 hour Shpongle dj set earlier....

dranged

^^ oh really?

Criticism revoked. All good!

venatrix

My visual enhancement devices arrived via mummail today. Now that I am properly prepared it's time to buy my tickets! Can't wait for this!

itchytriggerniggerfingers

venatrix wrote :
My visual enhancement devices arrived via mummail today.

Can't wait to see & possible try & experience these babies. I might even have to indulge in a pair of my own :wink:

Now that I am properly prepared it's time to buy my tickets! Can't wait for this!

Yes, tickets would be great, in fact I think I might buy mine right now 8)

AliEn_MkD

I got mine...so... See you there... :killah:

BigSpoon

reckon we'll get some new Shpongle songs at this event?

raptor

BigSpoon wrote :
reckon we'll get some new Shpongle songs at this event?

quite possibly! ;)

ionized

venatrix wrote :
My visual enhancement devices arrived via mummail today. Now that I am properly prepared it's time to buy my tickets! Can't wait for this!

Can we please limit this kind of talk? This is a public forum and there could be children reading this.

venatrix

ionized wrote :
Can we please limit this kind of talk? This is a public forum and there could be children reading this.

There ARE 'children' reading this LOR!

Are you ready for sensory deprivation? ARE YOU? HUH?

OGPete

Hope to make it to this one. Like home away from home...

72 posts Page 1 of 3