EAT STATIC, SPACE TRIBE & MICHELE ADAMSON - LIVE SAT 2

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
40 posts Page 1 of 2
raptor

ESP & Green Ant in association with 3D World, Inthemix invite you to The Gaelic Theatre on Saturday 2nd of February for a party of epic proportions!

EAT STATIC Live (Solstice Music, UK)

Eat Static were formed in 1989 by Merv Pepler and Joie Hinton, then drummer and synth player respectively for UK psychedelic band Ozric Tentacles. The band made a name for themselves on the Megadog 'live' techno scene of the early '90s, playing alongside the likes of Orbital, Underworld and Aphex Twin

They were the first signings to Megadog-offshoot Planet Dog records, releasing their debut album 'Abduction' in 1993. Since then the band have played hundreds of gigs worldwide and have become one the most respected and spectacular live dance acts around.

Their latest album De-Classified has just been released on Solstice Music and once again sees their sound evolving. Breaks, Dubstep, Trance and Drum n' Bass all fuse with their paranoid, futuristic and up-for-it blend of psychedelic techno.

www.eatstatic.co.uk

Space Tribe Live (Space Tribe Music, Australia)

Olli Wisdom was originally from England, but can now be found living in the Rainforest near Byron Bay, Australia. A pioneer of Psychedelic Trance for many years, in the early 80s Olli was the singer in the theatrical Goth/Glam band "The Specimen", & ran the famous London goth club "The Batcave".

Since 1996 they have released at least an album a year and Space Tribe has continued to lift the spirit and tweak the synapses in Australia, Brazil, Japan, South Africa, Israel, America, Thailand, India, Ibiza, Bali, England, Germany, Hungary, Holland, France, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland.

www.spacetribe.com

Full venue transformation and kick ass sound, lighting and visuals as you would come to expect!

First round tickets are $40 + bf and are avilable through INTHEMIX.COM.AU, MOSHTIX.COM.AU + outlets www.moshtix.com.au/outlets.asp

More info to come - Get ready for the abduction!
Last edited by raptor on Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

traveller

fark yeah eat static!

wanted to see them for years!

and now i dont have to go to progfest anymore!

life is good!

michele adamson

got time to squeeze in a mini live slot for me before i go back to europe on the 8th? ;)
much love
xxx :roll: :P :shock:

Darkchild

hello :)

nice 1 guys..look forward to hearing eat static :)

one of the psy music pioneers i reckon..i remember when i first discovered them in late 80's :) good ol planet dog days :)

have a great 1 peeps and see u then :)

peace love n harmony ~ raffi :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
life is a wave in the ocean of love :love:

VJ DAMAGE

michele adamson wrote :
got time to squeeze in a mini live slot for me before i go back to europe on the 8th? ;)
much love

go on go on go on go on

PLEASE
lui
you gotta

:shock: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Darkchild

hiya :)

oOoOo sorry didn't see michelle's post!

yep im with u sharon..will be great to see michelle perform :)

welcome to aus michelle :)

peace love n harmony ~ raffi :)

life is wave in the ocean of love :love:

phatpat

VJ DAMAGE wrote :
michele adamson wrote :
much love

go on go on go on go on

PLEASE
lui
you gotta

:shock: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

DITTO!!

michele adamson

thanks m8s 8) i am loving Oz big time. going to be really sad to go.... until i come back :lol: hope to spend loads more time here over the next couple of years. so i have time to learn the lingo. just finished my electro live show today so i'm almost ready to go partying and blow off steam. can't wait to hear Eat Static and Olli play. They're the dons!
love
michele xx

Darkchild

hello :)

u welcome :)

is there anywhere that we could possibly check out ur electro tunes or mix michelle?

keep on having fun @ ur oz adventures n see u on the night :)

peace ~ raffi :)

life is a wave in the ocean of love :love:

paradox

yep lui give it a go for michele another good act to look for

and to close the deal for a packt venue

boom
Gill

raptor

After playing around with the lineup.. Im pleased to announce that MICHELE ADAMSON will be performing at the party next saturday night! We are for an extra special treat as this will be her debut performance of her new live act!!!

MICHELE ADAMSON - LIVE (Fineplay Records)

Michele Adamson is a writer, vocalist, DJ & producer. Growing up between the fast paced technology of Hong Kong and the mystical culture of England, she received an extensive and inspìring education that set her on the musical path she blazes across the globe today. Her debut album Fallen Angel was released in 2005 with global sell-out success and her new album Strange Arrangements is a vocal psytrance cd of Ibiza influenced music from around the globe.

Michele is a prolific contributor to the scene and her distinct vocals can be heard on numerous compilations and esteemed artist albums such as Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible, Younger Brother - Flock of Bleeps, Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians and many more.

Currently working on a new style electro live show, Michele is about to start a world launch tour for STRANGE ARRANGEMENTS which will be out next month on Fineplay. You can catch Michele´s solo psyVocal trance, electro and chill out live shows in countries in the Far and Middle East, Europe, the US, South America, Russia & Australia.

When she is not warbling, Michele delivers wicked dj sets of Electro, Trance and Eclectic chill (chillectro!!) as well as performing live with Younger Brother, Shpongle & The Egg.
Last edited by raptor on Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phatpat

Well done guys!! Great news!!!

Although, i wont get there till midnight... will i miss Michele or Eat Static?

ALEXUP

WOOHOO

raptor

phatpat wrote :
Well done guys!! Great news!!!

Although, i wont get there till midnight... will i miss Michele or Eat Static?

At this stage Michele will start at approx 12 minight on the dot then followed by eat static.. so not you wont miss it!

Ill be posting detailed set times next weekend.. It feels like it will be a stomper of a night - I couldnt fit anything more into this lineup if i tried!

phatpat

fuck yeah.... just have to hope the cruise im on isnt late getting back or something!

cheers!

VJ DAMAGE

cheers Lui

keirrajade

unfortunately i wont be able to make it :(

---BoB HaTFeiLD---

^^^strewth mate fucken man the fuck up a bit you fucken

keirrajade

i'm a girl :P

marcusus

Ooer. Michele Adamson! She was one of the reasons I went to earl of fnord in '06 (hah almost said last year :P ). Was originally gonna pass on this, but with the new addition to the lineup I reckon I might come along :)

itchytriggerniggerfingers

keirrajade wrote :
i'm a girl :P

thats just seMANtics :wink:

rosie

Wow this is gonna be a fucking ripper of a night!! This week has gone soooo slooowwwlyyyyy cos I'm so excited :shock:
Can't wait to see Michele Adamson!!!

....oh, and the rest :P

CAN'T WAIT!! :bounce:

skronz

hey guys
i just got to sydney 2 days ago and i have no idea where this party is or how to get there (the important thing is that i got a ticket!!
I would really appreciate some info or even a lift if it's possible.
i'm also really interested in getting involved with the psy community here so if you guys need any help setting up or anything else i can help.
if anyone met me at rainbow, i'm the south african/israeli/canadian guy
see you at the party
namaste,
Ronny

raptor

skronz wrote :
hey guys
i just got to sydney 2 days ago and i have no idea where this party is or how to get there (the important thing is that i got a ticket!!
I would really appreciate some info or even a lift if it's possible.
i'm also really interested in getting involved with the psy community here so if you guys need any help setting up or anything else i can help.
if anyone met me at rainbow, i'm the south african/israeli/canadian guy
see you at the party
namaste,
Ronny

heya ronny

use this website www.whereis.com.au for the map of the venue.. the address is 64 devonshire st, surry hills. If you are getting there by train go to CENTRAL STATION and the venue is 50 meters from the elizabeth st exit.

if you need public transport info you can call 131 500 or www.131500.com.au

find me at the party (ask the door people) or catch me at the end of my set

marcusus

Ergh... all my friends have bailed, the rain is putting a bit of a damper on the plans, and I have to work Saturday morning.

Still, Michele Adamson... I think I might just have to show still...
40 posts Page 1 of 2