DOOFCORP~29NOV~FREE event celebrating music & community

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
106 posts Page 1 of 5
Bounce

:dance: SATURDAY NOVEMBER 29th, 2008! :dance:

For directions: email doofcorp2008@gmail.com with "directions" in subject heading before Saturday. Directions will ONLY be sent out via email on the morning of the event.

For those who missed out on the amazing Doofcorp experience in 2006 because they may have been in Vic at another event... :wink: ...here's a taste:

VIVA LA DOOFCORP![/img]
Last edited by Bounce on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:09 pm, edited 39 times in total.

Pete_Paranoid

The link didn't work on my computer, so I provided a different address of the doofcorp review.

http://www.australiens.net/forum/viewto ... rp&start=0

It really was a great event, I found that the different styles of music blended together really well outdoors. Brownee's midday drum'n'bass set was so memorable!

venatrix

Holy motherfucker, last doofcorp was the most epic fucking doof I have been to (except supercreek 08 ). Might need to consult the oracle for ways to get back to sydney for this one. I have full faith in you guys to make it happen xoxoxoxox

SubStance

Had heaps of fun at the last one..... Hope i can get a set at this one too, got some of my own uptempo to add to the mix this year :wink:

ozbreaker

I've never been to doofcorp. In fact I was at the other so-called 'event'.

I feel I made a positive contribution to doofcorp by calling Chris and in a ranty-tirade relayed the tremendous news about the decor, setup, sniffer dogs, 'unprofessional' internationals not showing, general lack of soul, bodginess, and sense of having been generally shafted ending the call with a resounding 'VIVE LA DOOFCORP!'.

So I hope doofcorp can happen this time around so I can be at the right place.

venatrix

I agree with Pete, what I found mega awesome about the last one was the range of styles of music. It was also the first time I heard Plague Sequence. There is a video of them playing at Doofcorp here for anyone interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asE_tnML3w8

Bounce

venatrix wrote :
What I found mega awesome about the last one was the range of styles of music. It was also the first time I hears Plague Sequence. There is a video of them playing at Doofcorp here for anyone interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asE_tnML3w8

Cheers for that! i hadn't seen the vid before, way cool - brings back the memories too....:)
Spoke to Guy (cyberwlf) on msn not long ago and he said he'd run into plaque sequence in london - apparently he's been getting lots of gigs in the UK - AWESOME:)

What's funny too is that doofcorp was the most-psy event we'd ever put on (there were only 3 non-psy sets) but all the djs had free riegn to get as expeimental with thier psy as they wanted so we got an awesome range of diff psy sounds which made for a very interesting and fun party ....
VIVE LA DOOFCORP indeed! :twisted:

Abuse

booyakasha!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

bring on the DOOFCORP! :shock:

venatrix

Bounce wrote :
Cheers for that! i hadn't seen the vid before, way cool - brings back the memories too....:)

No worries hon :) Nice work to VJ DAMAGE for filming it.

Bounce wrote :
Spoke to Guy (cyberwlf) on msn not long ago and he said he'd run into plaque sequence in london - apparently he's been getting lots of gigs in the UK - AWESOME:)

Yeah man Pete is doing really well. Apparently the scene is really hard to break into over there but he is working really hard.

Bounce wrote :
What's funny too is that doofcorp was the most-psy event we'd ever put on (there were only 3 non-psy sets) but all the djs had free riegn to get as expeimental with thier psy as they wanted so we got an awesome range of diff psy sounds which made for a very interesting and fun party ....
VIVE LA DOOFCORP indeed! :twisted:

Doofcorp was my second doof and it was where I fell in love with psy and doofing and everything so it holds a special place in my heart :) Bring back the Doofcorp magic!

TOPSY TURVY

i'm down for it

we have a few emergency spots stored up for rainy AND sunny days

more than happy to help with decor etc....

just pm me and we can start throwing around a few ideas....maybe go exploring?

ALEXUP

Yeah I had a ball last year, gotta love freedom parties!

Bounce

:dance: Lineup, dates, times and other info all COMING SOON! :dance:

gher

And I was planning on going to earl of fnord this year.

ARGH decisions decisions!

psyllium

More like earl of bored ;)

Viva la doof corp!

Shev

Excellent! Image

To me Newcastle parties have the best feel, easier to get to is a bonus! I missed the last one, I won't repeat that mistake.

~Wicked Angel~

yay! :D

omg it's been so long since i've been to a doof! I have to get to one before this one :p

Bounce

~Wicked Angel~ wrote :
yay! :D

omg it's been so long since i've been to a doof! I have to get to one before this one :p

We'll have to make sure its not too far for you to travel then....;) will be good to see you again! :)

more doofcorp details including lineup info so far will be up by next weekend :shock:

~Wicked Angel~

Central coast would be nice ;)

Bounce

Hey guys sorry its taken me so long to put up info ..... first round of djs just added:) yay!

more details including lineup additions up very soon once they have been confirmed/finalised.

Viva la doofcorp!

Pete_Paranoid

Can't wait for this party!

STEVONOISEMAKER

heck yes, well up for this one:)

spangk

:killah:
Bounce

Hey guys sorry for the slackness in getting new details up - pending one more LIVE act TBA shortly the DOOFCORP 2008 lineup is now up! Check it out!

All preparations are now in full swing - so mark your calendars and let the fun times begin!

Remember Doofcorp is a FREE community event so if you would like to help out by bringing decor, being a vj, running a food stall or whatever the contribution may be then this is as much your event as it is ours - so dont be shy come say hi! :D :shock: :D
Last edited by Bounce on Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bounce

ps everyone involved in this event to date (djs, lighting etc etc) will be getting some updates from me this weekend so be sure to check your messages THANKS! : :flash:

bargirl

freakin awesome the next few months are going to be tops
106 posts Page 1 of 5