CONQUEST presents ASTRIX - SUNDAY 29TH JUNE 2008

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
31 posts Page 1 of 2
Conquest

CONQUEST is proud to present
ASTRIX (Hommega Productions, ISRAEL)
One of the pioneering future trance artists of the millennium, Astrix (aka Avi Shmailov), undoubtedly rules the global trance scene. He has established himself as top tier artist and it is clearly heard in his unique and melodic music style. Playing live and spinning his tunes around the world has helped him pave his way to the DJmag top 100 DJ list and currently sitting at No. 18, Astrix is one of the few artists in the scene who really makes big waves throughout electronic dance music and gaining universal recognition.

His live and DJ Sets in high profile gigs including Skol beats (Brazil), Brixton Academy and South West 4 (UK), Gathering (Japan), Pacha and Sessions (United States) and Love Parade in Israel, which have seen him play to over 200,000 people at once, taking them into full-on journeys of the most uplifting echelons of the future trance world, with a heavy focus on the feelings invoked by the more traditional strains of trance music while never losing site of the groovy element. He cites the likes of Royksopp, Coldpaly, Linkin Park, and Chemical Brothers as inspirations for the non-trance elements in his music, and it’s this combination of euphoria and funk, along with his faultless, crystal-clear production technique, that sits him head and shoulders above most producers - psy or otherwise.

http://www.myspace.com/astrixmusic

With support from
Dark Child (BEEF RECORDS / T-QUEST)
Gil Paradox
NoMSG (D’PSYFA / SUBSONIC)
Fabeta (Brazil)
Jaimz

SUNDAY 29TH JUNE 2008
DOORS OPEN 8:00PM

Home Nightclub
101/1 Wheat Road, Cockle Bay Wharf
Darling Harbour

TICKETS
Pre-sale - $22 + booking fee
More at the door...

Tickets available online from http://www.inthemix.com.au, http://www.homesydney.com and from all Moshtix outlets.

See you on the dancefloor...

www.conquest.co.il
Last edited by Conquest on Wed May 28, 2008 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

psyburbia

WOW! This sounds fantastic :)

phatpat

arrrggggh not home nightclub :(

tract

Astrix stands out amongst many because what he makes is by no means formulaic dancefloor fodder. It’s clear listening to his music that he is more of a musician and a rare talent indeed.

Dogs rectum.

He epitomizes fodder, thus his popularity.

You should have gone with the "he is the guy everyone imitates" in the dairy section angle...people would have swallowed that.

Anyway good luck with the gig. He looks kinda like Raptor so you should move a few dozen tickets to the ditsy Brazillian chicks that love highly questionable remixes.

/polite cough

AliEn_MkD

Nice pullout but Home Nightclub is not for Astrix i think... Too bad for me i cant be there. Astrix is Astrix, will pull atention evrywhere, good luck to the peapole who make it happend and lot of fun to evryone who will be there. :killah:

tract

AliEn_MkD wrote :
Nice pullout but Home Nightclub is not for Astrix i think... Too bad for me i cant be there. Astrix is Astrix, will pull atention evrywhere, good luck to the peapole who make it happend and lot of fun to evryone who will be there. :killah:

For sure baba..you have good ideals and opinions :)

keirrajade

holy fucking shit, im SO going to this!!! i LOVE astrix

grr why is it on a sunday?!??

The Journey Man Project

yeah for sure the mini album cd I've got from '07 ain't half bad bad for Israely cheese... might see about convincing myself to go to this haha

gher

tract wrote :
Astrix stands out amongst many because what he makes is by no means formulaic dancefloor fodder. It’s clear listening to his music that he is more of a musician and a rare talent indeed.

Dogs rectum.

You should have gone with the "he is the guy everyone imitates" in the dairy section angle...people would have swallowed that.

Anyway good luck with the gig. He looks kinda like Raptor so you should move a few dozen tickets to the ditsy Brazillian chicks that love highly questionable remixes.

/polite cough

Just what I was going to say, except the part about looking like Raptor. I just don't see it.

Who has he got for support?

The Journey Man Project

pfft good music is good music... end of story :shock:

tripy

now we r fukin talkin
finally some 1 woke up

boom ..

itchytriggerniggerfingers

The Journey Man Project wrote :
pfft good music is good music... end of story :shock:

can't see any in this thread...

unless they put Raptor on the lineup :D

The Journey Man Project

:lol: yes Itchy, obviously your taste in music is th eonly good taste so we shall all bow down... :smasha: "We're Not Worthy" :lol:

itchytriggerniggerfingers

The Journey Man Project wrote :
:lol: yes Itchy, obviously your taste in music is th eonly good taste so we shall all bow down... :smasha: "We're Not Worthy" :lol:

Well from looking at the list of CD's you offload regularly, there's not much wrong with your taste (except I can't understand why you would want to part with so much good musics :D )

Incongruous

yeah, this is a must-go. phat!

D-Psyfa

Looks like a killer night boys. Looking forward to it.

All the best

Conquest

More details now online...

tract

gher wrote :
tract wrote :

Dogs rectum.

/polite cough

Just what I was going to say, except the part about looking like Raptor. I just don't see it.

Who has he got for support?

Probably Fabeta if it's Raptor you are talking about...

lulz

:D

raptor

very original lineup :roll:

ALEXUP

They Stole your formula!!!

jaimz

Raptor wrote :
very original lineup :roll:

Having a party with an international and without Raptor on the lineup is pretty original.

paradox

:exactly:
:roll:

monkey

:dj: :samurai: :flash: :exactly:

Orpheus

ONLY ONE WEEK TO GO!!!

I'M SO EXCITED I NEED TO CHANGE MY UNDERWEAR!!!!!

Darkchild

hiya :)

astrix on his last visit to sydney put on a great show :)

look forward to a fun night :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
love is the answer :love:
31 posts Page 1 of 2