EARTHDANCE SYDNEY 2008- PRINCE ALFRED PARK SEPT 13

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
35 posts Page 1 of 2
D-Psyfa

EARTHDANCE SYDNEY 2008- SAT SEPTEMBER 13TH
PRINCE ALFRED PARK- CNR CHALMERS STREET AND CLEVELAND STREET, SURRY HILLS
9am-6pm

http://www.earthdance.org.au

The Earthdance Global Music Festival for peace is back in Sydney for some more action packed festivities slotted for Saturday 13 September at the new venue of Prince Alfred Park in Surry Hills. Spring and Earthdance is in the air! Furthermore be sure to keep checking this website, facebook and myspace pages regularly as details of artists, performances and activities on offer are beginning to emerge.

Over the past decade Earthdance, the global festival for peace, has become renowned around the world as a celebration of cultural diversity, music and the arts. Since launching in Sydney in 2004 the popularity of Earthdance has increased rapidly, with a huge turnout making last year the biggest Sydney Earthdance yet. This year Earthdance falls on Saturday 13 September, where the entire city is invited to enjoy the broad array of festivities - spanning music and drama to interactive workshops and markets and much more - at the new location of Prince Alfred Park.

ARTIST LINEUP:

THEATRE OF DISCO – live > RIFRAF > SHADES OF GRAY – live > MARCOTIX
KEN CLOUD > FRETLESS – live > JAIMZ > S.Y.L.K. - live > SVETA
AFRICA HITECH - MARK PRITCHARD & STEVE SPACEK – uk > KINGTIDE – live
FOREIGNDUB > GROOVELANDS – live > ANNA LUNOE > KATO
FUJI COLLECTIVE – live > MDX > THIS VERSION (NZ) – live > GEMMA
THE VERSIONARIES – live > DEEPCHILD > PERET MAKO > HYSKE – live
ANNABELLE GASPAR > NO ANSWER DJS > RITCHIE JAY > EMERSON TODD
SYDNEY SAMBA SCHOOL – live > SPEX > STOMP > MARK MURPHY > ALEX UP
YOGA WORKSHOP W/ MEERA DULLABAH & INDIAN CLASSICAL MUSIC > RAPTOR > NOMSG > PARADISE LOST DJS (BUCKNELL/MIUTANTE/SOUNDS/SILVIO) ASH LE ROUGE > DYLAN GRIFFIN > NICK SUN > THE CROOKED FIDDLE BAND – live > MASHY P feat. M.C. POCHOMAN (CUBA) > BFG vs DEEP CYCLE > LIGHTS OUT CHARLIE MCMAHONE feat. GONDWANA – live > THE CANYONS > MORGANICS
DISCO NOT DISCO INTL ROLLERBLADING TEAM > BIG DAVE > KETAMIND
THE DUKES OF HAGGARD (MAGIC BROCKMAN) > BELMONDO BEATS > TIM SEA
SUNDAY DUB CLUB feat. DOG & DUCK W/ INTENSIFIED SOUND SYSTEM
TIFFANY & MATT CORNELL > MOYLEN > JAKE CASSAR > MICHAEL BIRK > KALI
351 CREW feat. LONG JOHN > BUKKCITY > DOMINIC BROOK > SPRUCE LEE
DARRYL BEATON BAND > JUSTIN OSSHER > FONKE KNOMAADS > INCONGRUOUS
+ MANY MORE

EARTHDANCE SYDNEY NOW ON FACEBOOK AND MYSPACE. Come join us!!

WHAT IS EARTHDANCE?

Earthdance is a global music festival where people around the world unite simultaneously to support peace and humanitarian causes through the global languages of art, music and dance. Since its inception in 1996 Earthdance has been held in 400 cities in over 75 countries. Bringing together different sectors of the community, Earthdance Sydney showcases what makes our city such an exciting artistic and cultural hub. Earthdance Sydney is a not-for-profit organization and is run entirely by volunteers. It is one of the few free Earthdance events worldwide and possibly the biggest. This year’s theme is ‘Honouring The Earth’, and will be adopted by Earthdance festivals across the globe. All festivals donate at least 50% of their profits to their chosen charity. Promoters, musicians, artists and performers all offer their time and love to make the festival happen. Earthdance Sydney adheres to green guidelines as much as possible and strongly supports environmental causes

ART & PERFORMANCE 2008

To conflate with the theme of ‘mother earth’ the visual artworks and performances at this year’s Sydney Earthdance will reflect the motifs of evolution, movement and change. Earthdance transcends traditional notions of a music festival and showcases what makes our city such a diverse artistic and cultural hub. The art at Earthdance 2008 is focused on the artistic process, the creation and the creative journey. Throughout the festival everyone will have the opportunity to explore and interact with a range of striking works and installations from a broad selection of renowned artists. All artists will engage and discuss their works to promote the ideals of shared knowledge and peace. For Art & Performance details click here.

Earthdance is growing near
EARTHDANCE SYDNEY 2008 LAUNCH/FUNDRAISER
We foreshadowed that philanthropy would never be this hedonistic… and we were right!

The Earthdance Fundraiser on Saturday 9 August was an astounding success, with Earthdance veterans and newcomers alike lighting up five stages of The Cross, The Bourbon and The Bunker and kickstarting the countdown to Sydney Earthdance 2008 in grand style. So at this juncture we feel it is appropriate to issue an appropriately affectionate – and indeed ‘earthy’ - thankyou to all the local DJs, promoters, organisers, media representatives and volunteers who made the spectacular event possible. But, while on the gratuities front, it is of the utmost importance that we thank all the members of the public who came along on Saturday and gave the night such an amazing atmosphere. Over $7000 was raised from the fundraiser that will go towards the forthcoming Sydney Earthdance festival, which is now only four weeks away! And special thanks to all those who donated even extra and purchased armbands on the door, every cent counts!

Remember that there is still time to get involved with the festival; we are currently seeking volunteers, accepting market applications and always taking donations – head to the aprropriate section of the Earthdance website for further information.

http://www.earthdance.org.au

EARTHDANCE SYDNEY AND THE ENVIRONMENT

All Earthdance Sydney 2008 flyers are printed on 100% Eco friendly paper. Proudly sponsored by FSC certified Green and Gold Printing - www.greenandgold.com.au

Products carrying the FSC label (Forest Stewardship Council) are independently certified to assure consumers that they come from forests that are managed to meet social, economic and ecological needs of present and future generations.

Earthdance uses and is supported by Bio-Pak "It doesn't cost the Earth". BioPak supplies a new generation of highly versatile, biodegradable, packaging products including plastic resin, film, adhesives, labels and other related packaging consumables all derived from annually renewable resources. More www.biopak.com.au

ENTRY BY DONATION

Keep Earthdance alive and donate kindly. Volunteers will be at the gates. Earthdance Sydney runs on a very slim budget. Promoters, musicians, artists and performers all offer their time and love to make the festival possible. Every cent counts

NO BYO

Leave the booze at home. Earthdance Sydney has some of the cheapest festival drink prices around and money spent at the Earthdance bar will support Earthdance's fundraising efforts. Bags subject to search at entry.

NO GLASS

It is sharp and dangerous, especially with children on site.

BE GREEN & KEEP IT CLEAN

Earthdance Sydney is about peace & the environment so don't toss your rubbish. It makes you look bad. All foreign leaflets, posters & advertising material will be confiscated.

REDUCE YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT, LEAVE THE CAR AT HOME

We support green practices so why not help out, leave your car at home. Prince Alfred Park is literally next to Central Station (Sydney's main transport hub), finding a park is virtually impossible, plus rangers and RBTs will be active on the day.

NO ILLICIT SUBSTANCES

Drugs are illegal and will not be tolerated. Police will be present throughout the event.

some amateur clips from previous festivals

http://www.deepasfunk.com/index.php?page=links

zaffa

what no byo.not cool.....

BigSpoon

was no byo last year either.

That didn't stop me and E-bomb drinking wild turkey outside the gates before we entered. Good times.

tract

zaffa wrote :
what no byo.not cool.....

Sniffer dogs, a fenced in, inner city perimeter all day and an intrusive Police presence focused on arrest.

But fuck it, it's worth it to hear Raptor play and for world piece.

That's why I will be there.

Can't fucking wait either.

Peace is da shit.Dali lama rocks it hard. Bom! Tibet.

Y'all :?

Llama

You'll see me there rocking from 9am till around 2-3 at the Psy Stage :)

Phsiris

This is going to be a mad weekend.

There is going to be some wicked drum and bass cranking friday night that will ensure that when i get to this event, ill be a bit sideways.
Hooray for city benders. :P

BigSpoon

Phsideways!

raptor

looks like good weather for the mahem :dj:

STEVONOISEMAKER

indeed!

a fun day it shall be!

what time you playin lui?

raptor

STEVONOISEMAKER wrote :
indeed!

a fun day it shall be!

1.30 - 2.30

rosie

raptor wrote :
1.30 - 2.30

I'll be there front row centre ;)

grepster

raptor wrote :
STEVONOISEMAKER wrote :
indeed!

a fun day it shall be!

1.30 - 2.30

This very earlies for such a famous dj. In japan we say Raptor is much popular and very famous Disc Jockey who is responsible for many good music here.

Why is this situation popular with Raptor early in the program for the Earthdance party scene ???

Sorry for my English it is some error :)

spangk

Is there no limit to peoples quota of alias logins :lol:

STEVONOISEMAKER

lookin forward to this:)

anyone know when alex is playing also?

STEVONOISEMAKER

grepster wrote :
This very earlies for such a famous dj. In japan we say Raptor is much popular and very famous Disc Jockey who is responsible for many good music here.

Why is this situation popular with Raptor early in the program for the Earthdance party scene ???

Sorry for my English it is some error :)

in australia we put the best djs on first.

it gets very hot here so biggest djs first, that way crowd is not tired when they play...

tract

spangk wrote :

Bitch, be cool.

No there is no limit. We own this shit, you are just a participant. You want change ?? Front the dollars.

Why the FUCK isn't Raptor playing the last set at Earthdance.

Don't tell me Scotty MSG and Tom Jaimz are after Raptor coz guess what, they don't cut it. In 10,000 years they don't even come close to cutting it, It's about music, if you don 't own it don't front it because if you do you sound like a bladder weak, piss ant groin licker. Now if you need reminding, remember Scottys' fail at the last Earthdance...6000 people and the dumb cunt goes flaccid....good job mate. you fucked it HARD. As much as I think he is a dick, Raptor would have taken the party where it needed to be..people want to dance..not be penis fucked by a DJ who is repressed. . Swallow your EGO and respect Raptor for what he does you pathetic penis tugging rectal lickers.

Raptor can drop tunes you piss ant faggots can't even dream of owning. But again, the organisers EGO triumphs and the people miss out on the best music on the day. Good job guys..so totally b0m and shit.

Give Raptor respect he deserves, swallow your egos and realise you are nothing compared to the almighty onslaught that is Raptor in full flight.

Faggot, egotistical cunts. It isn't always about you Scotty and Tom.

You want to talk shit stains about what I have said and how your EGO has disrespected Earthdance ?

PM me Scot NOMSG and JAIMZ..I'd love to chat.

b0m

spangk

tract wrote :
spangk wrote :

Bitch, be cool.

No there is no limit. We own this shit, you are just a participant. You want change ?? Front the dollars.

Woah back fractoid, it was a joke... i thought it was funny, don't really care either way for change when it comes to the net... be your own bitch mother fucker :lol: 8) I'll be mine.

tract

spangk wrote :
tract wrote :
spangk wrote :

Bitch, be cool.

Woah back fractoid, it was a joke... i thought it was funny, don't really care either way for change when it comes to the net... be your own bitch mother fucker :lol: 8) I'll be mine.

So have you got the cash Jose ????

You can influence shit if you have the cash :D

Also, sorry for teh Bitch stuff. Thats very disrespectful :)

spangk

*empties pockets* I got nuffin :(

tract

spangk wrote :
*empties pockets* I got nuffin :(

You need cash to play the boys game, but you got my respect anyway grrl.

Also, I have an enormous penis that is signed to several international labels. My penis is also playing a 2 hour live set at the next BOOM festival after Jaimz and NOMSG plays.

Raptor isn't playing because he isn't involved despite his music and skill being better.

:D

bom!!!!!

also, regen.

traveller

freakin hell...
:P

anyways...from the 3dworld:

D'Psyfa presents
THE DOME

09.30 - Incongruous
10.30 - Ketamind
11.30 - Ritchie Jay
12.30 - Jaimz
13.30 - Raptor
14.30 - Alex UP
15.30 - Dylan Griffin & NoMSG
5pm - Finish

tract

traveller wrote :
freakin hell...
:P

anyways...from the 3dworld:

D'Psyfa presents
THE DOME

09.30 - Incongruous
10.30 - Ketamind
11.30 - Ritchie Jay
12.30 - Jaimz
13.30 - Raptor
14.30 - Alex UP
15.30 - Dylan Griffin & NoMSG
5pm - Finish

Good job you fucking retards.

WHY THE FUCK ISN'T RAPTOR PLAYING THE LAST SET.

Thanks for fucking up yet another ED because of your EGO.

Griffin and MSG have no where near the experience to close an ED. Scotty fucked it like a heavily bleeding menstrual bitch last year...why do we repeat this shit ???

Dylan Griffin - Yo gunna pay me the 5600 euros you owe me in lost disc sales or do I coma yo shit Sydnee ED stylee,BABA ??. Ill be stepping to y'all so have my fucking euros ready, in cash with no more lies and bullshit. You cost me sales??? ..you compensate me shitwad or I make pain on your face.

I'm shanti, but what I won't be is ripped off by a pathetic Melbournne cunt.

jaimz

Slight change to that lineup - Alex and I should be around the other way, I'm playing after Raptor at 2:30 and Alex before at 12:30.

Tract - please give it a rest with your tirades, you know perfectly well Lui, Scott and myself are all equally capable of presenting Earthdance-worthy sets. Scotty had the whole place rocking last year and I'm sure he and Dylan will do just the same this year. The fact is that it will be Scotty and Dylan putting in the hardest work organizing the floor this year and so they have the privilege of playing the closing set. A bit of respect wouldn't go astray.

infinafta

When are the Non Orthodox Nazi Black Men playing?

They give me many compassionate hard-ons and spontaneous abortions :love: :love:

psy*clone

cant wait!

play dark lui, play very dark
35 posts Page 1 of 2