D.O.S... UR RECOMENDED SOLUTION 7 feat. TALPA LIVE

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
141 posts Page 1 of 6
Abuse

Photography For Flyer: Steven Willis

DIMENSIONS OF SOUND UR 7th RECOMMENDED SOLUTION
by NPC

This party has now grown to be a "joint" celebration for nik "dicA's", Shaun's "psyanide" and Daves "daheen" 30th birthday. Come celebrate with three of the old boys of the psy scene as we ramp up the celebration process. we will have lots of quirk to keep you entertained and a few light beverages to help us through the day...we have a grand site for dancing and camping and lots of all round fun in general...

6th-8th of feb 09

Featuring:

TALPA - UP/MMR/SunDance - SERBIA

Goran Juric was born in 1982 in Subotica, Serbia and at the age of 4, was already showing a keen interest in music, pestering his parents to learn the piano. Amazingly and in hindsight quite incorrectly his school considered him to be without talent, so consequently he chose instead to play tennis.

It wasn’t until he was 15 that the pull of his considerable talent influenced him to begin once more his passion, when he finally started writing electronic music.

Three years later and he was mastering the tools of production, the results of which were developing more and more every day, Goran was at this time devoting up to 16 hours each day learning about production and composition, all self taught.

Even without any serious finished compositions, a label showed interest in his music and Sundance Records from Australia released two of his tracks on a compilation.

Soon after this Talpa made a deal with Sundance for an album which was released in October 2004 called ‘Art of Being Non’. The album was an instant success with Talpa’s music being compared with trance heavyweights Infected Mushroom for both production and musicality.

In 2005 his touring career was brought to a grinding halt when he was forced to serve in the army. Even so during this period he was able to release some of his tracks on various labels, such as Suntrip Records, Fabula Records, Boom Records, Digital Psionics, and of course Sundance.

Talpa’s style varies from track to track, it’s melodic and funky, wrapped in a psychedelic carnival covering. His style is unique with no other artist in the world writing anything close to his sound. You always know when you’re hearing a Talpa composition and you can be assured the story to each of his tracks is always unique.

After a full 3 years, his new album, “When the Somberness Becomes a Gameâ€
Last edited by Abuse on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:17 pm, edited 23 times in total.

Bounce

Sounds fun:) I'll have to try getting the weekend off work!

The Journey Man Project

Talpa :shock: 8) wicked :twisted:

Cyberwlf

Talpa rocks, intelligent psychedelic music. His new album is quality and looking forward to seeing such talent around these parts!

psyllium

Looks sweet! :)

STEVONOISEMAKER

line up: :killah:
price: :killah:
npc: :killah:

Galactic Monkey

Sounds great, Talpa is a top act indeed :) Good to see Guy play another set before he leaves Oz again :DDD

tract

Great to see Talpa back in Australia and finally playing in NSW outdoors.

Good luck with the gig, the lineup looks tops and the ticket price is fantastic :)

spangk

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
yea it is good to see Talpa won't be passing right by.... anddd outdoors. Ratherrr 8)

Jeannie

:dance: :thumb:

tract

spangk wrote :
:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
yea it is good to see Talpa won't be passing right by.... anddd outdoors. Ratherrr 8)

Totally!! :)

It's good to see outdoor events flourishing with Psychedelic music, the open air really delivers the genuine experience.

AdrianPsy

Any idea of the location?

Or am I missing something?

itchytriggerniggerfingers

AdrianPsy wrote :
Any idea of the location?

Or am I missing something?

NPC = Newcastle :idea:

Abuse

This party is joined with niks (dicA) bday.. the line up so far is for the friday night/sat morning, there will be more additions still to come for the following night and next morning, keep posted
:twisted: :twisted:

psyllium

Looking heaps better! :D

Viva la collective!

traveller

great news!

:atom:

Bounce

thanks for the update :D

dicA

*bump*

ALEXUP

Looking really good, cheering to be involved!

Talpa's live set is not one to be missed.

Kaneda

Looks great guys, wish I could be there for it! :D

Talpa rocked it at West Psyde / Random Instinct back in '05 :)

noitnemretsim

Sweet, looking forward to hearing cybes play. Havent heard him since he got back and was attacked by the travel bug again. Unlucky, that bug bites pretty hard.

tract

^^ Indeed. Cyberwlf is the name on everyones lips from what I'm told.

susan

could very well be, loved Cyberwolf's set at tribe new year,
quirky, dark and dancey. only thing that would have made
it better is if it had been mainfloor, on regens big growly rig.

AdrianPsy

Hey if anyone has 2 spare seats for me and my girl that are going and are leaving from Sydney on friday AND are staying only saturday night and leaving sometime saturday, would they be so kind to give us a lift?

I can understand if no one can but if anyone can, we'll be most willing to chip in for petrol money. Cheers :)

PM me

ATREYU

Any idea of the 2nd nights lineup yet?
141 posts Page 1 of 6