CONQUEST SYDNEY presents GMS - SATURDAY 28TH MARCH 2009

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
93 posts Page 1 of 4
Conquest

CONQUEST SYDNEY presents GMS

CONQUEST is back to present the elusive scientists from IBIZA, planetary centre of dance music - GMS. With their mind-blowing music pushing and blurring sonic boundaries, GROWLING MAD SCIENTISTS are one of the most in-demand live electronic music acts in the world. Something very special is cooking. See you on the dancefloor...

GMS (Spun Records / COAST II COAST, IBIZA)
Groundbreaking psychedelic trance group Growling Mad Scientists—Riktam (Shajahan Matkin) and Bansi (Joe Quinteros, who is originally from Barcelona)—regularly tour the world and have sold over 200,000 albums on over 150 releases. Their music pushes and blurs sonic boundaries and has inspired both producers and punters alike, making G.M.S. one of the most in-demand live electronic acts in the world.

G.M.S. began when Riktam and Bansi met in high school at age 14 in Amsterdam. Both were passionate about electronic music, so the duo chose to leave school and seek their education in the club scene. “We really didn’t find what we really liked to do in school,” says Riktam. “We wanted to focus on music, so we started DJing. It just felt like the right thing to do for us.”

Even though they were too young to legally enter a nightclub, Riktam and Bansi began spinning at clubs in Amsterdam. On most occasions, they had to be whisked into the building’s side door to avoid scrutiny by the authorities. While in the DJ booth, they’d often receive double takes from clubbers who caught a glimpse of the two teenagers rocking the dance floor.

It was on this Indian paradise where the heady strains of Goa trance seeped into these 16-year-old’s bodies and souls. In Goa, Riktam and Bansi DJ’ed at some of the wildest, most memorable parties of their young lives. The experience made an indelible mark on their psyche and subsequent gigs around Europe further enlightened their spirit.

Spun’s purpose is twofold: to serve as a home for G.M.S.’s music and as forum to showcase promising psy-trance talent. “We were releasing records with a lot of labels for quite a few years,” says Riktam. “We thought about how much money the label made and how much we made. It was wiser in the end to have a label of our own so that we can help ourselves and other artists and friends in the trance scene.”

With their songs now almost omnipresent, even Hollywood took note of G.M.S. in 2004 by licensing G.M.S. tracks for Man On Fire starring Denzel Washington. And if you turn on any sports network almost anywhere in the world, chances are good that you’ll hear one of G.M.S.’s tracks pumping in the background.

Having graduated from playing small clubs to performing at mega-festivals like Dance Valley and The Boom and packing super-clubs line New York’s Avalon, G.M.S. aren’t ones to rest on their laurels. As their legion of followers grows, they’re constantly refining their live show and pushing their music to the next level.

“It took us quite a while to get where we are right now,” says Riktam. “It entailed a lot of hard work and a lot of time in the studio. In the end, we’re proof that hard work always pays off.”

http://www.myspace.com/growlingmadscientists

With
MICHELE ADAMSON (Spun Records, IBIZA)
Michele Adamson is a writer, vocalist, DJ & producer. Growing up between the fast paced technology of Hong Kong and the mystical culture of England, she received an extensive and inspìring education that set her on the musical path she blazes across the globe today. Her debut album Fallen Angel was released in 2005 with worldwide success. She then released a comp of her well-known trance hits with Fineplay in Japan as a pre-release for her second album, Strange Arrangements which is available now.

Michele is a prolific contributor to the scene and her distinct vocals can be heard on numerous compilations and esteemed artist albums such as Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible, Alan Parsons - A Valid Path, Younger Brother - Flock of Bleeps, Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians and many more.

Currently touring the world with her new electro live show which she premiered at Pacha this year, Michele is also known for her high-energy, crowd-pleasing performances of material from Strange Arrangements and other trancefloor fillers, such as her collaborations with Astrix, GMS, CPU, Dynamic, & Dino Psaras, among other talented purveyors of psychedelic beats. You can catch Michele's solo psyVocal trance, electro and chill out live shows in countries in the Far and Middle East, Europe, the US, South America, Russia & Australia.

http://www.myspace.com/micheleadamson

and support from
Shaman (CONQUEST SYDNEY / ILLUSION DWELLERS)
NoMSG (D'Psyfa / Subsonic Music)
Gil Paradox
Fabeta (Brazil)

SATURDAY 28TH MARCH 2009
DOORS OPEN 10:00PM

SPACE
127 Liverpool Street, Sydney.

TICKETS
GENERAL PRESALE: $40 + booking fee
TICKETS ON-SALE FRIDAY 20TH FEBRUARY 2009

Tickets available online from http://www.moshtix.com.au, http://www.inthemix.com.au and from all Moshtix outlets.

See you on the dancefloor...

http://www.conquest.co.il
Last edited by Conquest on Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.

blinja

weeeeee <3 conquest

phoney

Awesome. Ive been waiting to see ? for the past 10 years!!!1

So excited im nearly jumping out of my skin :D

tripn

lol.

STEVONOISEMAKER

edit: timing may not be so bad after all, i might just be able to make this...

i wouldn't mind knowing who it is though, so i can decide if it's a worthy addition to the calendar or not...
Last edited by STEVONOISEMAKER on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

e_GOD

phoney wrote :

Yeh ?

here is a piece of old trivia. Hujaboy , Raja Ram etc was originally going to be a EC event , before it folded. It got taken over by Tribadelic not Conquest. How is that when Eliot is Raja Ram's nephew? :roll: :lol: . It must be good for Conquest having a disgruntled ex EC employee with the name of Nathan that sucks up with Ozzy now. What goes around comes around and that old saying :?: you never know what you going to get........more Israely extra cheese - likely.

You got to love it how this crew continually do indoor gigs and not venture into outdoor events. ( probably a good thing considering there record in scamming , remember xerox and illumination? sorry half) But credit and support should be best placed with your own local crews that do indoor events to raise funds for outdoor events and a reward for the extra effort involved with this. Time Sydney put a stop to funding Victoria ventures and support its local industry.

e_GOD

Maitreya Festival 09

Dude fuk off and anoy someone else, your either Marcus or S p i r o and no one likes your shitty opinions...

THIS PARTY WILL ROK THE SOX OFF! SERIOUS SHIT ABOUT TO UNFOLD ONTO U SYDNEY FRAGGLES! GO CONQUEST

e_GOD

Maitreya Festival 09 wrote :
Dude fuk off and anoy someone else, your either Marcus or S p i r o and no one likes your shitty opinions...

THIS PARTY WILL ROK THE SOX OFF! SERIOUS SHIT ABOUT TO UNFOLD ONTO U SYDNEY FRAGGLES! GO CONQUEST

I don't care what you think. But thanks for posting here and making yourself look obvious now Lachlan Bell.

So what if the Sydney crew or who ever hates my guts. At the end of the day spoiled little rich boy you and your mates that being Nathan and co do sweet FA to help the community in Sydney and NSW. Your come in and profiteer.

SO BIG DEAL IT IS GOING TO BE GMS . What happened to 1200 mics by the way. They have lost many fans respect in this country and across the world. There ego's are much the same as yours and your mates. They are old , history. Anyway Sydney even has far better artists and producers then them.

In case you have not realised this country is in a virtual recession. The people who care the most will be supporting it's own local industry and artists etc. Conquest has not paid Coomzy for every event he has played at , I hear. Conquest are run by kids and act it, your not that far off. Conquest props up the career of Orpheus who because of his Israeli status (parents) has many connections with the Israeli's. You (Maitreya) are the only other person I seen give your mate Dan a gig after EC . How do you think he gets his music and samples.

I would rather see Raptor (Lui) being supported then CON _ QUEST.

Finally what a joke you guys got NO money you got Ritchie Rich - HARDWARE putting this gig on. :lol: Cocknecks
Maitreya Festival 09 wrote :
SERIOUS SHIT ABOUT TO UNFOLD ONTO U SYDNEY

el(architek)

e_GOD wrote :
phoney wrote :

Yeh ?

here is a piece of old trivia. Hujaboy , Raja Ram etc was originally going to be a EC event , before it folded. It got taken over by Tribadelic not Conquest. How is that when Eliot is Raja Ram's nephew? :roll: :lol: . It must be good for Conquest having a disgruntled ex EC employee with the name of Nathan that sucks up with Ozzy now. What goes around comes around and that old saying :?: you never know what you going to get........more Israely extra cheese - likely.

You got to love it how this crew continually do indoor gigs and not venture into outdoor events. ( probably a good thing considering there record in scamming , remember xerox and illumination? sorry half) But credit and support should be best placed with your own local crews that do indoor events to raise funds for outdoor events and a reward for the extra effort involved with this. Time Sydney put a stop to funding Victoria ventures and support its local industry.

Hi there,

Yep Raj is my great uncle. It is a shame that E.arthcore was unable to fullfill their obligation as a promoter but Tribadellic is going to do a great job of putting on the show and Ozzy has our full support in doing so (Tribadellic festival was absolutely fantastic this year and was a great example of things to come!); in fact Gilian will even be doing one of the warm up sets. We have our schedule planned for the year, we were in discussions with Raj about doing the tour but Tribadellics concept was what TIP wanted to go with and we don't have a problem with it!

We will be doing an outdoor gig this year. I don't really feel the need to justify why we haven't gotten around to doing this yet.

Also I hate to burst your incredibly well informed bubble but the sydney show is going to be run by sydney crew. We will be supporting them.

As for us working with Hardware... At the end of the day there is a reason why they are doing so well and why so many people who would usually be at 'doofs' (over a city gig) chose to come to the Melbourne leg of Stereosonic. We have worked with them in the past and it has been a pleasure regardless of the outcome of the event. Hardware are co-presenting the Melbourne show (out of the three Australian parties).

Probably time to get a job mate.

blinja

gms :)

monkey

Sydney is in for a treat !! 8) :x :D :D

tract

GMS.

LOL.

The last time there was a party at Space I got a call from a friend who was at the intensive care ward at St Vincents Hospital as the security guards at Space had repeatedly punched someone in the face until they were unconscious. The person who was bashed was apparently the visuals guy who wanted to collect his gear after the "club" had closed.

Hope the gig works out for Conquest :)

Conquest

Dear friends!

We are proud to announce the following surprise to join the line-up:

MICHELE ADAMSON (Spun Records, IBIZA)
Michele Adamson is a writer, vocalist, DJ & producer. Growing up between the fast paced technology of Hong Kong and the mystical culture of England, she received an extensive and inspìring education that set her on the musical path she blazes across the globe today. Her debut album Fallen Angel was released in 2005 with worldwide success. She then released a comp of her well-known trance hits with Fineplay in Japan as a pre-release for her second album, Strange Arrangements which is available now.

Michele is a prolific contributor to the scene and her distinct vocals can be heard on numerous compilations and esteemed artist albums such as Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible, Alan Parsons - A Valid Path, Younger Brother - Flock of Bleeps, Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians and many more.

Currently touring the world with her new electro live show which she premiered at Pacha this year, Michele is also known for her high-energy, crowd-pleasing performances of material from Strange Arrangements and other trancefloor fillers, such as her collaborations with Astrix, GMS, CPU, Dynamic, & Dino Psaras, among other talented purveyors of psychedelic beats. You can catch Michele's solo psyVocal trance, electro and chill out live shows in countries in the Far and Middle East, Europe, the US, South America, Russia & Australia.

http://www.myspace.com/micheleadamson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amsM3-spe2w

See you on the dancefloor...

eldeivit

GMS..
Seriously it is the best live act I ever seen!!

I've been in Australia for some months but I noticed that there are not many international psytrance projects comming to play in Australia and even less to Sydney.. What's even worse... it seems to me that big outdoor parties like in Brazil, Mexico or Europe does not exist in Sydney .... So, if GMS really comming to Sydney I'll be there for sure!!!!

This guys make the best music ever... :lol:

Cyberwlf

Best music ever? lor!

tract

Cyberwlf wrote :
Best music ever? lor!

Fabeta is a better Dj than you, much better.

tripy

gd job conquest crew

nice production

tripy..

Cyberwlf

tract wrote :
Cyberwlf wrote :
Best music ever? lor!

Fabeta is a better Dj than you, much better.

Totally. Killah UNR Dance Floor Fillers!!

But yeah, never seen him but as you said it I have no option but to agree 100%! :P

ATREYU

eldeivit wrote :
GMS..
Seriously it is the best live act I ever seen!!

I've been in Australia for some months but I noticed that there are not many international psytrance projects comming to play in Australia and even less to Sydney.. What's even worse... it seems to me that big outdoor parties like in Brazil, Mexico or Europe does not exist in Sydney .... So, if GMS really comming to Sydney I'll be there for sure!!!!

This guys make the best music ever... :lol:

Come to an outdoor. Theres internationals at most parties these days, but the locals usually rock it more anyway.
Sinister Sequence

Go Go Go obama

YES WE CAN............

eldeivit

Come to an outdoor. Theres internationals at most parties these days, but the locals usually rock it more anyway.

Maybe I just need to hear some of the good australian live acts.(Freq and Space tribe are very good indeed...)

But I mean most of the good ones...(in my opinion) belong to crews such as
*spun records
*compaq records
*bne records
*planet B.E.N Rec
*phonokol rec
*utopia rec

and it seems difficult to see that sort of projects performing in Sydney...

anyway... get ready to trip with GMS

ATREYU

eldeivit wrote :

Maybe I just need to hear some of the good australian live acts.(Freq and Space tribe are very good indeed...)

But I mean most of the good ones...(in my opinion) belong to crews such as
*spun records
*compaq records
*bne records
*planet B.E.N Rec
*phonokol rec
*utopia rec

and it seems difficult to see that sort of projects performing in Sydney...

anyway... get ready to trip with GMS

I'd agree maybe 4-5 years ago.

SpeakaHuggers

What Atreyu said...

word 2 yo mutha :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
monkey

S P A C E for space cadets . . . !!

Space comprises the 300-capacity Antebar
leading into a stunning 1,000-capacity main room
equipped with the very best sound and lighting system money can buy.

This state-of-the-art sound and lighting is backed up by full dressing room facilities,
making Space a world-class performance and events venue,
with the added benefit of excellent transport access including nearby parking stations.

G.M.S (Spun/Coast ii coast-IBIZA/SPAIN) :stab:
Michele Adamson (Spun-IBIZA/SPAIN) :angel:

Supported by ::::::::::::::

Shaman (conquest sydney/Illusion Dweller) :m:
Gil Paradox (IL) :dj:
Fabeta (Brazil) :headphones:
NoMSG (D'psyfa/Subsonic) :atom:

http://www.spacevenue.com.au
93 posts Page 1 of 4