Dragon Dreaming Festival 2009 - Call for contributors!

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
40 posts Page 1 of 2
Servants of Sound.

Planning for Dragon Dreaming Festival 2009 is well underway!!! The festival will be held in Canberra over the October long weekend (3-5 October).

We are looking for independent film makers and workshop presenters, installation and performance artists, volunteers and musicians (dj, live electronic and live bands/solo performers) and food and lifestyle stall holders. If this sounds like you (or you just want more information), get in touch at info@servantsofsound.org.

The festival website http://www.dragondreaming.net is nominally up and running but will become more interesting in the next few weeks so keep checking back for up to date info!

:bonfire: :bounce:
beatpyramid

im going to cry with happiness!
solconnection

awww man, cant believe i am going to miss *another* one, what a fool i am!

wishing you guys lots of luck for this next one, your doing great work

have a nice day
-Dan
psytata

Nice, im a DJ can I play? i also have a food stall can I do that as well um what else can I do? :killah: :killah: :killah: 8) :lol: :bounce: :dj: :P :) :o
Ugly Bunyip

Sorry Psytata but you will be doing a 48 hour gate shift mate.
Amber

Spewing about the timing! I would LOVE to get along and be involved in this one, but I have a child due somewhere around the 2nd of October! I've considered coming anyway, but not sure where the nearest hospital is from the site. Also not sure who would be keen to drive me there! I will be there in spirit, and perhaps some decor will make it down somehow. I will not miss this party in 2010, 3rd time lucky! :rainbow:
Ugly Bunyip

Amber,

We went through this last year :) A friend of ours was due the week after Dragon Dreaming. We still have all the maps, directions and numbers on my computer we gave her and her partner.

Nearest hospital is 12-15 minutes away. Best hospital is 30 minutes away. We also will have qualified medical personnel onsite. Would be awesome to have you join us if you felt up to it.

If you decide your up to it when the event is closer email us at info@dragondreaming.net and I will give you all the info you need and even get you access to a house near the site if you need a shower or a rest in a proper bed.

Cheers,

Shane.
Amber

Thanks Shane, you make it sound quite feasible! Its not to far to go, and the hospital can't be much worse than Gosford!! I will definatly try my best to get there then. There is still room to move on my due date, have an ultra sound tomorrow, so hopefully it shifts forward a week! :D
Sunrunner

i, too, am bummed that i am going to miss Dragon Dreaming this year! just make 2010 a good one, hey? ;)
akin

MMMmmmmm.................

Dragon Dreaming time again....

Fantiastic......
FRACAS

:killah: :killah:
ozzy

Wont be missing this!

Respect to the Canberra Massive,
Looking forward to being part of the magic this year.
:killah:
MeowTron

Amber wrote :
Thanks Shane, you make it sound quite feasible! Its not to far to go, and the hospital can't be much worse than Gosford!! I will definatly try my best to get there then. There is still room to move on my due date, have an ultra sound tomorrow, so hopefully it shifts forward a week! :D

well firstly, congratulations ! i was hoping that we could all hear you mix fantastic some toons for dragon ! i don't know how that would go if at that moment baby decides out is better than in!..... well at least it would be a rather unique set..... :P
MeowTron

Sunrunner wrote :
i, too, am bummed that i am going to miss Dragon Dreaming this year! just make 2010 a good one, hey? ;)

oh ok then 2010 it is mr sunrunner, but you were going to be our famous international ! flown in first class, coke, ho's, green jelly, the works....
but yeah sure well see you 2010 mate :wink:
Sunrunner

MeowTron wrote :
Sunrunner wrote :

oh ok then 2010 it is mr sunrunner, but you were going to be our famous international ! flown in first class, coke, ho's, green jelly, the works....
but yeah sure well see you 2010 mate :wink:

hey, don't hold back, i'm quite happy to be an international ;) see you in october? ;)
Jeannie

Of Course of Course!!! Lukey and I ( Jeannie),are up for another Dragon. It was such a fantastic crowd of people to play to , and chill out with.
We would love to come along again. I could be up for some live sets this summer, instead of Djing...been writing the tunes and had a few semi lives sets down now...
Let us know lovelies...
Jeannie n Lukey
xxx
:D
venatrix

Amber :arrow: gtfo! I didn't know you were expecting!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

If it's a girl you have to call it venatrix and if it's a boy you have to call it russel the love hustle ;)

ps yeah saff was literally due any second when she was at DD08 (i think so anyway) so dont write it iff just yet! but do whatever you feel safest and comfortable with. if the worst comes to the worse I will deliver it!
Amber

Thanks guys, not sure if a birth on site is the kind of contribution they are after, but its a very kind offer Venatrix! I will keep your name suggestions in mind.... :D
50papers

This party was so much fun last year , I'll be there for sure
beatpyramid

roughly when will preliminary line ups be announced?
or any hints?
psytata

Who needs a line up when the experience is all you need.

Last year was great and this year.... well it will be extra great

TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :killah: :wink:
beatpyramid

psytata wrote :
Who needs a line up when the experience is all you need.

Last year was great and this year.... well it will be extra great

TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :killah: :wink:

i missed last year due to illness, so im going to take your word for it!
haha.
YEWWWWW!
Sinister Sequence

I must promise to venture outside my tent this year !!
Werd - count us in! :dj:
Satori

Would love to play at this event again! Had so much fun last year. :killah:
2nd17th

im available for laser hire, cheap too.
40 posts Page 1 of 2