EARTHDANCE SYDNEY 2009 CAMPOUT

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
94 posts Page 2 of 4
rollyz

ATREYU wrote :

And thats Lui with his hands in his pockets. Haha :lol:

Thats what I was thinking... :mrgreen:
tract

D-Psyfa wrote :
No offence intended "people" ;-) I am actually a punter (also a person) as well and will be donating my $50 to help the organisers cover costs and raise some money.

tract pitches a curve-ball and Scotty swings and it's a home run!

The crowd cheers and waves :wave:

In all seriousness though; let's progress the issue and foreground the idea of a 1 night 1 day suggested donation of $20 (ballpark) for the average person who wants to come on the Saturday night, groove their shit, show their respects, stay for a bit on Sunday and enjoy the sunrise, then fuck off home sometime sunday arvo.

Pitch it to your people Scott, you are a respected conduit between us the people/community and Earthdance the organisers, who I am sure are open to discussion and input.

Let's get a constructive and respectful dialog going on here because this $50 3 day shit is fucking retarded.

:)
rollyz

How many people do you expect to turn up? Ok the city Earthdances got 1000s of people turning up. But Bush Doofs these days are lucky to get say 250 people? So with the 100 DJs line up, and their +1s, and the tech crews, VJs, Artists, volunters etc, that would make 249 free loaders and 1 punter paying $50 and we already know who that is..... :mrgreen:
D-Psyfa

tract wrote :
D-Psyfa wrote :
No offence intended "people" ;-) I am actually a punter (also a person) as well and will be donating my $50 to help the organisers cover costs and raise some money.

LOL....nice one.. I hope we are going to see you there :dj:
tract

D-Psyfa wrote :
tract wrote :
D-Psyfa wrote :

LOL....nice one.. I hope we are going to see you there :dj:

In all seriousness though; let's progress the issue and foreground the idea of a 1 night 1 day suggested donation of $20 (ballpark) for the average person who wants to come on the Saturday night, groove their shit, show their respects, stay for a bit on Sunday and enjoy the sunrise, then fuck off home sometime sunday arvo.

Pitch it to your people Scott, you are a respected conduit between us the people/community and Earthdance the organisers, who I am sure are open to discussion and input.

Let's get a constructive and respectful dialog going on here because this $50 3 day shit is fucking retarded.
Factor 1

Personally I dont give a fuck. Fifty bucks for 3 days entertainment? Fucken bargain!
Mk1

To me it seem's retarted that someone would stick their hand up to being such a titearse that they would try to get a discount rate at a charity event!
akin

Agreed. $50 is a fuckin bargin. And it is standard practice within our scene, that if your only going for the single night that YOU have missed out - and you still pay as if you were there the whole time.

So.....Lets not soil it.

Transform it by going to the bush and enjoying it with the rest of our planets humanoids around the globe for the reason that this event was created.

See you all there!

Peace
Amber

Seriously, will there be a one day price?? I can't see myself doing 3 days at 39 weeks pregnant, but a day trip I may manage (if the price is right :))
rollyz

I just feel that the price may turn off a lot of people. Seeing that the festival has been a success over the years, and free, promoting world peace awareness to as many as possible, attracting 1000s. I'd hate to see all this good hard work, from the Earthdance name, lost. It beacame an event that everyone could afford to come to. It would be sad to see people not coming to the event because of pricing structures. It will be extra sad to see the place filled with just artists waiting for their set time.

A better pricing structure should be made, whole weekend, one day and night, last day only. Better still half the price, and you will quadrouple your punters (doubling profits). Will there be market stalls? (food, clothing, happy herbs, peace awareness, etc), a fee from these stalls would be handy seeing that they make profits.

I cant make it this year as my expert skill are needed elsewere this weekend, but I'd hate to see the event falter.

But at the end of the day, I guess a donation is only a donation....
tripy

Suggestion !!!

kill the stages , make 1 ,,, it s hard to feel up 1 guess even 3

LOWER THE BUDGET

lower the cost of the party if u can so nobody suffers as an organization (is not too late )

not every one can make it 3 days or 2 nights ,, i wish ,, have my priorities and to come 1 DAY even i will loose money buT NO PROB FOR SUPPORT AND UNITY

lower the DONATION , so evry 1 can afford it and come cause that s the most important thing ,,UNITY ! SUPPOSE

C u all on Sunday on d floor

hugs
T....
D-Psyfa

For those wondering.....the production costs to put on a 1 day event are the same as a 2 day event.

$50 is still a bargain for such a diverse event in the bush.

From memory, Earthdance only became a free event when the City of Sydney Council kindly sponsored Earthdance to hold the event in the city. Previously when it was in the bush, entry would have been via donation (to cover costs). I am pretty sure I paid entry to the event up at the 4wd park (at Colo) when Shift played, and I also remember going to another one down near Wombeyan caves that I paid entry for. Regardless of who has organised the past bush and future bush events, iut does cost an absoute packet to set up a production out there and it's hard enough to break even, let alone raise good $$ for charity.

I see Charity Balls advertised in the city every so often, which are used to raise money for all sorts of charitable causes. A ticket to a charity ball normally costs around $500.00 to $1000.00 just to attend, and you might get a 3 course meal and a boring guest speaker for your donation

I'd hate to see Earthdance head down that road!! As it stands, I think $50.00 is great value whether you attend for 1 night or 2 nights.
D-Psyfa

Amber wrote :
Seriously, will there be a one day price?? I can't see myself doing 3 days at 39 weeks pregnant, but a day trip I may manage (if the price is right :))

1 day entry will be via $50 donation.
monkey

I'd hate to equate Earthdance to a commercial festival such as Parklife, but people here seem to think Earthdance organizers are running away with $$.

Parklife is now selling tickets at $300... thats a one day event!
Ask me and ill be at Earthdance for a meager $50... And for a non-for profit! Whats there to complain about! Im happy just to be there and be part of the global peace movement..
Aren't you???
keirrajade

wtf $300 for parklife?!?! that's crazy!
keirrajade

is there anybody who will be going to both this and back to the future? i'd like to go to both but figuring out transport has been tricky...any suggestions?
D-Psyfa

there's a couple of DJ's playing at both events...maybe try them?
Pete_Paranoid

Earthdance Brazil style!

Earthdance is a global event, so it's really too simple! Pick one where you feel welcome too and go, or if you're feeling lucky, collect the set!

Please don't forget to donate money!

The mindset of peace is very easy, if you go looking for trouble you'll most likely find it!

Earthdance Byron Bay 8)
Abuse

set times????
rollyz

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
Earthdance Brazil style!

Earthdance is a global event, so it's really too simple! Pick one where you feel welcome too and go, or if you're feeling lucky, collect the set!

Please don't forget to donate money!

The mindset of peace is very easy, if you go looking for trouble you'll most likely find it!

Earthdance Byron Bay 8)

How can you not forget to donate money when you are told at the gate no $50 no entry? How do all the artist feel that they got to pay to play?
peskey

Well I for one cannot wait to get my 50 bucks out to laugh away the weekend. Thanks Scotty and co for putting it on :D
jaimz

Abuse wrote :
set times????

http://earthdancesydney.ning.com/
Abuse

do artists have to pay to play?
Sensum

^^^ :?: :?: :?: ^^^
rollyz

The site says Earthdance 2009 this is a campout for Earthdance volunteers, artists, or crew. No general public punters. Everyone has to pay a $50 donation to cover camping costs (even if only staying 1 day and not the whole weekend). And if anything is left over it goes to some musician group.
94 posts Page 2 of 4