EARTHDANCE SYDNEY 2009 CAMPOUT

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
94 posts Page 4 of 4
jaimz

bellybutton wrote :
thats cause it is the same crew putting on this party....is the crews that really fucked up the Earth dance name
didnt you guys see the last couple of earthdances....absolute disgrace it was.......fuckin horrible
these crews have turned their backs on the doof scene.......and taken their greedy antics to the city thank god. Wish they would stay there...............and everything they represent....but alas they have secured loydds land and the trust of all you silly folk.
ill see ya all at Back to The Future...where the real essence is

I disagree with you. I think the crews involved in Earthdance have their hearts in the right place. I think the city Earthdances have been fantastic (with the exception of last year, which in reality was a victim of its own success). I fail to understand your negative viewpoint.

I'm especially looking forward to this years. There seems to be a very positive feeling about it from many different quarters. I think it will be a truly memorable one and it's certainly the right thing to take it back to the bush for this year. I hope next year it might be back in the city, spreading its positive message in a reinforced way.
psyllium

Looking forward to this weekend :)

Just a reminder for people to rug up, sposed to be down to 6 degrees on Sunday!
tract

So Raptor a morning Dj is playing the 3 am night set while one of the Ed organisers sees fit to drop himself into a morning set.. Right. Whoever programmed the lineup is on fucking cocaine (again).

LET ME FUCKiNG DRUM YOU

1. Raptor should play the morning set before Ozzy, Raptor is getting the 0day .wav from the main guys. He has music you cannot get and he can deliver it. He is incredible as a dj. He has sources and ability. He does it for performance not some ego shit. He is also incredible dressed as a woman.

2. Scotty MSG is a warmup/transition DJ. He isn't main-stage material, he cannot evar deliver the main set. He fucked the last ED I went to in Sydney park by playing the last set..and jesus did he fuck it hard. Why let him repeat the travesty ??. I'm all for charity but even more I like a receptive dance-floor. MSG isn't it and will never be it. It isn't that he lacks talent, he just does not have the music or the length to sustain it. Step back Scott, respect those who can fulfill man, we like you, but you just ain't it bro......

3. Tom Jaimz. Whenever he plays make sure you hear him. Tall, sexy and competent. Everything I look for in a Dj. Fuck it I'm getting naked to you now.

If I had $50 to spend to attend a one night party I might think about attending, but I'd rather spend the money on a bottle of Stoli.

peace and I hope you all die slowly you hippie cunts.

NP: No Paz No Jaz (Atomic Pulse & Popstream RMX)
ozzy

tract wrote :
So Raptor a morning Dj is playing the 3 am night set while one of the Ed organisers sees fit to drop himself into a morning set.. Right. Whoever programmed the lineup is on fucking cocaine (again).

LET ME FUCKiNG DRUM YOU

1. Raptor should play the morning set before Ozzy, Raptor is getting the 0day .wav from the main guys. He has music you cannot get and he can deliver it. He is incredible as a dj. He has sources and ability. He does it for performance not some ego shit. He is also incredible dressed as a woman.

2. Scotty MSG is a warmup/transition DJ. He isn't main-stage material, he cannot evar deliver the main set. He fucked the last ED I went to in Sydney park by playing the last set..and jesus did he fuck it hard. Why let him repeat the travesty ??. I'm all for charity but even more I like a receptive dance-floor. MSG isn't it and will never be it. It isn't that he lacks talent, he just does not have the music or the length to sustain it. Step back Scott, respect those who can fulfill man, we like you, but you just ain't it bro......

3. Tom Jaimz. Whenever he plays make sure you hear him. Tall, sexy and competent. Everything I look for in a Dj. Fuck it I'm getting naked to you now.

If I had $50 to spend to attend a one night party I might think about attending, but I'd rather spend the money on a bottle of Stoli.

peace and I hope you all die slowly you hippie cunts.

NP: No Paz No Jaz (Atomic Pulse & Popstream RMX)

Dan,i consider us mates bro,
But that is very out of line.....
:verymad:
D-Psyfa

I had also considered us mates Dan, but I guess a mate would say that to my face.

I'm a pretty approachable guy mate. If you think your opinion would help my programming with any event I am involved in, give me a call and express it over the phone (I do/ did value your opinion). I put myself on at that time as the Prayer for Peace was on then and my set was going to be cut short (I played for around 45 mins). The prayer for peace was on another stage and so we moved the whole crowd away from this stage. I'm not sure if Lui/ Raptor would have appreciated a 45 min set ;) Since you have been such a loyal supporter of Earthdance, we'll make sure you are consulted next year ??? :shock:

On a more positive note....thanks to all those who attended. I hope you all enjoyed the weekend. Thanks to Marco and all the crew to for all of your hard work over the years and especially this year for getting back to basics and providing such a wicked party for all those who attended!!
rollyz

^^^^ You played? Did you donate your $50? Did all the other artists, crew, volunteers donate $50? How much was raised? How much went into expenses?
D-Psyfa

I am not sure of the numbers at this stage (FYI- I am not the organiser, I've just been advising updates on australiens so I don't see the expense budget etc)
Pete_Paranoid

Glad it was a success Scott.

rollyz wrote :
^^^^ You played? Did you donate your $50? Did all the other artists, crew, volunteers donate $50? How much was raised? How much went into expenses?

Hungry! Feed me!
susan

no msg has well documented dancefloor strike rate with me.
the boy has smashed it up on so many brilliant daze and nights.
:bounce:

ps: who's jaimz?
Factor 1

HI everyone, I myself thoroughly enjoyed this little festival, I think against all odds that it was a winner. Was good to see everyone working together and enjoying themselves, a real good networker. To the organisers I would like to say a big thankyou. :-) Peace and Love.
tilly

we had a great weekend!!!!got to hang out with mates,meet new people,camp,skim rocks in the river and play with my son.....(he had a great time it was such a nice party to bring him along too) and DANCE for peace..... perfect!! :D thanks heaps to marco and crew for a fun weekend all round. :D i hope we get back there next year! my back is still killing me from doing cartwheels! ha but way worth it. peace out! t p n z
jasperor

such an awesome weekend Thanks to everyone! :)
2nd17th

Code: Select all
we had a great weekend!!!!got to hang out with mates,meet new people,camp,skim rocks in the river and play with my son

one guy tried to bash someone for bringing their children, after he was kicked out he went to the police and reported child abuse. the police came and thought the place was great and left a few minutes later. he shouldnt come to a country that has different cultural beliefs and then use violence to show his disapproval. i remember exactly who he is and isnt welcome at any of our parties.
jaimz

susan wrote :
ps: who's jaimz?

Good question. Just watch the following, replacing "Ferris Bueller" with "Jaimz".

susan

hahaha- perfect! you know it....i'm a long time disciple mate ;)
Pete_Paranoid

Earthdance is not a piss up.
Most doofers don't comprehend this.

tract

D-Psyfa wrote :
I had also considered us mates Dan, but I guess a mate would say that to my face.

I'm a pretty approachable guy mate. If you think your opinion would help my programming with any event I am involved in, give me a call and express it over the phone (I do/ did value your opinion). I put myself on at that time as the Prayer for Peace was on then and my set was going to be cut short (I played for around 45 mins). The prayer for peace was on another stage and so we moved the whole crowd away from this stage. I'm not sure if Lui/ Raptor would have appreciated a 45 min set ;) Since you have been such a loyal supporter of Earthdance, we'll make sure you are consulted next year ??? :shock:

I guess the harshness of my invective found resonance and you reciprocated. I also note a defensive tone in your reply, again; I provoked such a response and express my contrition for it given all the energy you have provided to the event and the respect you rightfully garner within the community due to your commitment to the party over successive years.

Largely the fault is mine in presuming that the lineup was a collective decision and not yours alone; in future years, yes I am happy to be consulted as to the acceptable and appropriate times for the considered disc-jockeys to play at the out door or "open air" bush-disco. This is not something I would just do for any party, but for Earthdance, anything.

Sorry for the lateness of my response too, given the oppertunity I will try and grab some face time with you and we can further discuss the issues.
Sensum

God Dan it!
tract

Sensum wrote :
God Dan it!

When I post, don't make the mistake of thinking I am inviting comment.

:)
94 posts Page 4 of 4