Back To The Future - 26th September 09

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
43 posts Page 1 of 2
shtonkalot

Couldn't find much mention of this here.
I'm in a great conundrum of having to figure out where I'll be at this weekend.
Earthdance looks amazing and is a 3 dayer.
Back to The Future also looks amazing and as a single night event most of my pals seem to be gravitating towards it.
Decisions decisions...

Life is good when the hardest decision you've faced all week is locking in which amazing psy-experience you'll be having in the near future.
keirrajade

go to both! hehe, i'm going to try to do both!
blinja

back to the future is free, great lineup, with many surprises still be announced, back to the future IMOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
shtonkalot

I'd love to go to both but I've only just enough gigawatts in my flux capacitor to get to the one.
Watch out future, here I come. :arrow:
traveller

whats this bak to the future party?

havent seen any infos on it...
FRACAS

traveller wrote :
whats this bak to the future party?

havent seen any infos on it...

*nods* ???? hard to goes if nobody knows???
spangk

It's on fb and basically loads of same djs plying at both..
Abuse

So what happening with the double bookings
there seems to be a few of them :?: :?: :?:
[eK]

should be a funky little party
blinja

not sure aye, i booked them first afaik, back to the future is going ahead and will continue to go ahead, if your after some information check your doof mates on fb, otherwise do a search, shouldnt be too hard :)
Satori

a combined effort with earthdance may be best?
merlinux

Just a little update to say there will be no combined Earthdance party. Back To The Future is still on. Happy chicken sound and all.
Double bookings are Dika and Jeannie. We will post updates about it but the party is still ON :) 2 parties are better than none...
tract

Great Scott! Here is to diversity and an open source free alternative!

Nice work and good luck with your party 8)

:atom:
rollyz

N.S.E.W.?
KOKIDOO

:lol: hoh!!!!lovely to hear we r still going back to the future :) ....no consideration for me ........ :killah: free party + big supports n smily Happy chicken!!! rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...bring it .... .
nice to know earth dance is out in the bush ...sounds great!!!!!! ... .....both party will be sick....!!!!
( with this weather ...yummy yummy !!!!:mrgreen: ) :bounce: ...i be dancing on the earth and Back to the future !!!!........zsickkkkkkkkkk.....
AdrianPsy

Someone should give OP party info and let him edit first post or someone should make a new thread with official info mayb mayb?
shtonkalot

AdrianPsy wrote :
Someone should give OP party info and let him edit first post or someone should make a new thread with official info mayb mayb?

I didn't want to put too much up here, I figure if the organizers want the info up here they'll put it up.
scottfree

Interesting when the psy scene goes failbook only....... good luck :o
blinja

we have our reasons, if your a regular doofer you shouldnt have any problems finding out the party info, randoms might struggle but its for our safety, cant keep running parties if the cops are all over our shit ;p
scottfree

blinja wrote :
not sure aye, i booked them first afaik, back to the future is going ahead and will continue to go ahead, if your after some information check your doof mates on fb, otherwise do a search, shouldnt be too hard :)

Sooooo, I'm just not sure why fb is more "safe" than this forum. If I wanted to find out, all I'd have to do is register on fb and do a search.....

And if I'm not a regular doofer, I can't find out about parties, so I can't become a regular doofer..... catch-22 :wink:

No worries mate, I'll find some "randoms" to hang out with instead.
shtonkalot

scottfree wrote :
Sooooo, I'm just not sure why fb is more "safe" than this forum. If I wanted to find out, all I'd have to do is register on fb and do a search.....
I'm not getting into the argument but I did try search for this on facebook and failed. I got the page linked from a friend.
STEVONOISEMAKER

^^ Bahaha, not this argument again!

Here’s an easy way of explaining the possible reasoning the organisers have:

If you were a spy, and you wanted to find out about psy parties and doofs, would you:

a). go to a website called “australiens”, which lists psytrance parties, other related topics, and also loads of jibba jabba from a few crackheads*

or

b). go to facebook, a social networking website, listing lots and lots of crap. More crap than australiens in fact!

To find a doof on straliens: Join forum, click state, there you go: list of all parties! Or even easier, go to the “what’s on” page, which will list most events.

To find a doof on failbook: Create profile, trawl through thousands of birthday parties, weddings, raves, bar mitzvahs, picnics and LAN parties, and maaaaybe find a doof.

No website is completely safe, however the organisers have given it a shot to keep it quiet, and thus minimise chances of spies and misbehaving tards finding out about it.

I say good on em!

*may contain more than a few crackheads.
blinja

very nicely said stevo :)
noitnemretsim

So armed with a party name and knowledge it only exists on facecrack, should be hard to find? especially with all the confusing suggestions on how to find it.
STEVONOISEMAKER

^Haha this is very true.

However it wasn’t the organisers who put it on australiens, but someone who wouldn’t have known they’d left it out on purpose:p

I think it’s been hidden on failbook now anyway, so prob won't come up in searches.

either way, next weekend is gonna be a big steaming pile of fun!!
43 posts Page 1 of 2