SYDTEK 17th oct

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
128 posts Page 2 of 6
Pete_Paranoid

FRACAS wrote :
timbo82 wrote :
30 mins from a city isn't far enough it's just lazy. .

timbo82 wrote :
i was waiting for that. at least there wont be any rules bring your dogs bring your fire toys and bring your systems turned up to there full potential. there wont be any pretty decor or stalls just an excuse to do what you want and play any music you like. if you want come along and afterwards tell me what you didn't like. and i will be there picking up the rubish.

And you're still lost!

Cowboys From Hell by Pantera

Under the lights where we stand tall
Nobody touches us at all
Showdown, shootout, spread fear within, without
We're gonna take what's ours to have
Spread the word throughout the land
They say the bad guys wear black
We're tagged and can't turn back

You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town

Here we come reach for your gun
And you better listen well my friend, you see
It's been slow down below,
Aimed at you we're the cowboys from hell
Deed is done again, we've won
Ain't talking no tall tales friend
'Cause high noon, your doom
Comin' for you we're the cowboys from hell

Pillage the village, trash the scene
But better not take it out on me
'Cause a ghost town is found
Where your city used to be
So out of the darkness and into the light
Sparks fly everywhere in sight
From my double barrel, 12 gauge,
Can't lock me in your cage

You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town

Here we come reach for your gun
And you better listen well my friend, you see
It's been slow down below,
Aimed at you we're the cowboys from hell
Deed is done again, we've won
Ain't talking no tall tales friend
'Cause high noon, your doom
Comin' for you we're the cowboys from hell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have more respect for my elders to perform at your whore of a site!
Fuck you, and fuck ShedWreck!
2nd17th

well, i can nearly run my own stage, i have all the stage and light and half the sound but i dont think im willing to risk it being confiscated. PM my the location and ill think about it.
rollyz

Hmmm... should come up with a back pack sound system, and a candy sellers style tray mixing desk to play off on the front....then can just keep playing if we get moved from one site to the next.
AdrianPsy

So is this thing gonna be worth going to or not?

I don't understand what all the bickering is about...
bjclhb

is this 30 mins from city centre or from city fringes?
timbo82

another 3 or 4 stages have been added but check inthemix for exact details of them.
as of gear being confiscated all the parties ive been to no gear has ever been confiscated and if they are going to they will give you a warning to pack up right now and go type thing.

and on the back pack system one of the figure 8 guys has a wheely bin with a deep cycle battery, cd player and and a car stereo in it for those portable moments.

i personaly don't know the location but have been told that its less than 30mins from the cbd so make what you like of that.
2nd17th

well packing up now can take 5 hrs.
timbo82

well thats even better. if it takes you 5 hrs. how long would it take our highly skilled police enforcement officers to do it then multiply that by 20 stages. i can't guarantee anything as it's not my party, but it will be worth while even if you bring your gear in a truck and if you don't like what you see stay and enjoy the rest of the show.
spangk

timbo82 wrote :
another 3 or 4 stages have been added but check inthemix for exact details of them.
as of gear being confiscated all the parties ive been to no gear has ever been confiscated and if they are going to they will give you a warning to pack up right now and go type thing.

and on the back pack system one of the figure 8 guys has a wheely bin with a deep cycle battery, cd player and and a car stereo in it for those portable moments.

i personaly don't know the location but have been told that its less than 30mins from the cbd so make what you like of that.

I actually have no clue... but seem to have a memeroy of confiscation laws being maybe upon second warning confiscation is legal... first time so so not legal 8)

...i love a good illegal party within city scapes... especially when combat wombat might play but i hate it when i've cracked my first coopers and the riot squad show up :lol:
Pete_Paranoid

AdrianPsy wrote :

Homewreckers!
It's when everybody closes their eyes and pretends breaking in to private property is ok. The parties aren't free, it's stealing, someone pays for it. It's when everybody sell outs and that hippy shit about karma, and protecting the environment is just a load of horseshit!
Guess we know where to look the next time someone stuff goes missing, huh?
Pete_Paranoid

DSS sluts of the scene and the rich man's darling. Taking from the poor and giving to the rich. The police know this so they never get touched.
timbo82

so you've finally got to your point . i thought you were having a go at me. so dss who are rich broke in to your house and stole stuff off you who is poor. well why don't you take it up with them and if you want to have a go at me why don't you pm me or start another thread were we can debate party politics laws and any other bullshit you like. rather than fill a thread thats is meant to purely inform people about a party with your bullshit and obscure musical quote's that no know one has a clue what you mean. and if you only want to bag out this party at least have the decency like me to bless us with your presence than feel welcome to point out all the things you didn't like in the party reviews section so we can take them on board as a community for future parties.

love tim
Pete_Paranoid

timbo82 wrote :
...I don't understand how the scene can be corrupt when there is no money involved.
:?:

With most doofs if the party is not run with the owner on their private property, then it is on public or crown land and the administration of the land is on the government payroll. The deed holders of the land are Australian citizens, and paid by its citizen's through our state and federal government tax. The ticket price is the promoter's intention to cover the cost of artists and hire gear. Your ticket is a reflection of your share to run the party, and vice versa the crew member's fee. The events now days are run with a high degree of sophistication and have first aid and security facilities available. In a worse case scenario the party would be shut down and the promoter given a fine. In most cases we create a fire break as in the tradition of its indigenous owners. Consent for the land if not sought is intended. Therefore the objective of the event is balance to be obtained, equilibrium. Equilibrium = happiness.
DSS parties are usually run on private property without permission. The land may be vacant for many reasons, including it is a fire hazard or bad structural integrity. This may cause danger to human life and therefore will always get a big fat black cross to me doing an event there. If something gets broken by the crew, attendees or police, then it is paid for by an insurance company. How does the insurance company pay for it? By rasing their premiums. Therefore the cost is slowly transferred from the ultra rich to the poor and most disadvantaged. Capitalism and globalism at its finest.
Even the DSS crew sound system is crap, they can't even run it through a FOH mixer, how's that for bass in your face?
The Fractal Storm's KV2 ES 2.5kW would be a better managed system.
sydtek

Final line up and DJs will be confirmed by Thursday
- we are serious about bringing your own system, and if any bits and bobs are needed, plenty crews have some stuff to share around.....

As for confiscation/police etc:

There is always safety in numbers, time and time again we have seen the police leave us to it, provided everything is demed safe...eg no fire hazards etc. This venue is primo

Furthermore, as Timbo82 has expressed, a warning is given and if you choose to heed it, no wukkas. If you fly in the face of a police officer in any circumstance, they will lay down the law.....

We ask that you use your common sense and sense of goodwill to others. If you're paranoid and just plain ignorant about something, just Pete it.
bjclhb

so how does one set about finding out directions for this party? would it be here or on inthemix? the inthemix forums are just ranting on about recieving an sms with directions? anyone know whats the go?
timbo82

you crack me up pete. the last three warehouse parties ive been too dss have had nothing to do with its the younger generation that have spent every last cent they have to buy a little system and aren't as lucky as some of the psy-trance crew to own cars so can't go to the bush so warehouse parties is there only outlet. the older generation are moving over. also the past few dss warehouse parties ive been to have been in parks govt owned land and places just like state forest owned by the people and any warehouses that have been used have been set for demolition and not one owner has wanted to press charges.
and on insurances are you telling me state forest or national parks are safer than warehouses and if i hurt myself in the bush and sue that wont push the price of public liability for anyone having an illegal party (amplified sound systems are not permitted in most state forest) in the bush. hey the last party i paid $60 for in state forest had no security no first aid and the roads in and out were extremely dangerous even in a 4wd. i can now see the comparison between paid for illegal dangerous event and an illegal dangerous free part. $60
You might know a bit about lights but comparing a 2.5kw kvsound satellite system to a 15k rig with a front of house mixer tuned on sia smartlive show you've got no idea about sound. no disrespect to shaun cant wait to hear his new rig.
pete your living in the past get over it at least come down and support the fractal storm boys and we'll have a beer and enjoy freedom to play and listen to any music we like in free spaces.
sydtek

I love it when you talk shop Timbo82, makes me hot. i will turn ghey for you.

2x EV MT2's, a EV P3000 and xover for $200 or 1 x EV MT2, p2000 and xover for $140 for anyone who needs a little bottom end re-inforcement..

(there is a joke in there somewhere, or am I tech-talk flirting with timbo ;p)
omnava25

FRACAS wrote :
timbo82 wrote :
30 mins from a city isn't far enough it's just lazy. .
dont you live in the city? it should be right up your ally, literally.
timbo82

SYDTEK FREE PARTY THIS SATURDAY - Feat stages by DSS, Fun Bus, Collective, 2flies, Dog'n'Duck, MITC, FTP, OHMSNOTBOMBS, Bodega, Killerwats, Ftp2, Fractal Storm, Scum Asylum, TECHnique and more.
final details will be up tomorrow. any extra stages still welcome
Pete_Paranoid

sydtek wrote :
Final line up and DJs will be confirmed by Thursday
- we are serious about bringing your own system, and if any bits and bobs are needed, plenty crews have some stuff to share around.....

As for confiscation/police etc:

There is always safety in numbers, time and time again we have seen the police leave us to it, provided everything is demed safe...eg no fire hazards etc. This venue is primo

Furthermore, as Timbo82 has expressed, a warning is given and if you choose to heed it, no wukkas. If you fly in the face of a police officer in any circumstance, they will lay down the law.....

We ask that you use your common sense and sense of goodwill to others. If you're paranoid and just plain ignorant about something, just Pete it.

go for it...
Pete_Paranoid

timbo82 wrote :
you crack me up pete. the last three warehouse parties ive been too dss have had nothing to do with its the younger generation that have spent every last cent they have to buy a little system and aren't as lucky as some of the psy-trance crew to own cars so can't go to the bush so warehouse parties is there only outlet. the older generation are moving over. also the past few dss warehouse parties ive been to have been in parks govt owned land and places just like state forest owned by the people and any warehouses that have been used have been set for demolition and not one owner has wanted to press charges.
and on insurances are you telling me state forest or national parks are safer than warehouses and if i hurt myself in the bush and sue that wont push the price of public liability for anyone having an illegal party (amplified sound systems are not permitted in most state forest) in the bush. hey the last party i paid $60 for in state forest had no security no first aid and the roads in and out were extremely dangerous even in a 4wd. i can now see the comparison between paid for illegal dangerous event and an illegal dangerous free part. $60
You might know a bit about lights but comparing a 2.5kw kvsound satellite system to a 15k rig with a front of house mixer tuned on sia smartlive show you've got no idea about sound. no disrespect to shaun cant wait to hear his new rig.
pete your living in the past get over it at least come down and support the fractal storm boys and we'll have a beer and enjoy freedom to play and listen to any music we like in free spaces.

Oh, I forgot the Behringer rack. Did you save a bundle?
GraveFlies

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
AdrianPsy wrote :

Homewreckers!
It's when everybody closes their eyes and pretends breaking in to private property is ok. The parties aren't free, it's stealing, someone pays for it. It's when everybody sell outs and that hippy shit about karma, and protecting the environment is just a load of horseshit!
Guess we know where to look the next time someone stuff goes missing, huh?

lol at psytrance
IXIn

Hey Peter Paranoid.

Accidentally an hero the whole thread much?
FRACAS

IXIn wrote :
Hey Peter Paranoid.

Accidentally an hero the whole thread much?

IXIn

^

wassat?

cat-like typing.

MEOW

unless you are saying i'm a pussy.

then

WOOF where mah dawgs @?
128 posts Page 2 of 6