ReGrowth presented by R.E.G.E.N 24th-26th April 2010

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
99 posts Page 3 of 4
R.E.G.E.N

Next round of artist announcements:

Monk Fly - live (Frequency Lab/ Daly City Records) http://www.myspace.com/monkfly
Monk Fly is a Producer, Dj and musician influenced by jazz, hip hop, dubstep, jungle, wonky beats and the sound arts. The Monk Fly sound is thus animated, diverse, bass heavy and has ened up in the record bags of some of the worlds most respected leftfield Dj's an producers.
Late 2009 sees Monk Fly solidify this International reputation with a release on reverred US label Daly City. Monk Fly's previous releases through his own label, The Frequency Lab, have had critcal acclaim.
Monk Fly, beyond producing, has long been an active player in the Australian music scene. Being a fouding member of Elefant Traks, hosting a weekly future beats radio show and also the only regular club night HEADROOM dedicated to such left-field wonky beats.

ReseteseR (Brisbane)
ReseteseR Lays down slabs of bass like a cement truck building a parking lot. For the past four years she has been bringing the "scrape-me-face-off-my-shoes-cause-my-feet-wanna-dance" vibe to hippy jam fests with outstanding results. Sporadically infusing unique acid tribal bass freqs with jahtari wondervibes, she has amassed a following from Cairns to Melbourne, busting out the goods at open air reggae-hair-style-dancing-parties, and dank-dirty-city-ditch club gigs. she also has a fan club in the east indies, however has not returned since playing for seven hours on the mainstage at the "coconut flava hoover bassathon" festival 08 which was sponsored by wipeout and lasted thirty seven days before the whole island crumbled into the sea due to sonic vibration.

Jeanie (Solar Records)
Amber (Solar Records)
Nezbit
Pesky
Rythmic Sun
Mangkycranks

:!: :!: There are still a few early bird presale tickets left but will only be available until the end of the month so just a few more days left. Visit our website for ticketing info: http://www.regen.org.au :!: :!:
R.E.G.E.N

Last line up announcements for main stage:

The Rhythm Hunters will be doing a special performance for the festival. These guys are an awesome physical percussion group, check them out here: http://www.therhythmhunters.com/perform ... htm#VIDEOS
Also:
Digital Spectrum - live (Canberra, Fish n' Trip Records) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Digital-S ... 4134096047
Deepcycle Vs BFG
:twisted: Psyanide :smasha:

Stay tuned for Second stage line up announcements!
Last edited by R.E.G.E.N on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abuse

really good choice with getting the rhythm hunters,
they did an awesome show at subsonic ...really enjoyed it :)
thankyou regen :atom:
STEVONOISEMAKER

Abuse wrote :
really good choice with getting the rhythm hunters,
they did an awesome show at subsonic

X2:)

excellent mood setters and an exciting show indeed!
keirrajade

they were absolutely amazing!!! can't wait to see them perform again!
bio[diversity]

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
R.E.G.E.N

Calling all keen or aspiring VJs!
In an effort to encourage any up and coming or dormant VJs we are opening up 2-3 hr sets on the main stage where you can display your talents.
You will need your own laptop with an S-video output, your own content, and your content also on DVD for mixing with. All other equipment will be provided. VJs Damage and Brains will be on hand to provide assistance.
Contact us at: info@regen.org.au
Squizz

Pop quiz.. will there be portaloos and access to running water or possibly even a river or showers?

and does Leopardtron/Danny = the good looker that used to go to doofs years ago and always wore leopard-print tights?
Reiji

:bounce: where would this place be. Super keen to join the party!!?
R.E.G.E.N

Squizz wrote :
Pop quiz.. will there be portaloos and access to running water or possibly even a river or showers?

and does Leopardtron/Danny = the good looker that used to go to doofs years ago and always wore leopard-print tights?

Hi Squizz, yes there will be toilets and running water.
And yes 1 half of Leopardtron = Danny the good looker.
R.E.G.E.N

Reiji wrote :

Hi Reiji, glad to hear your super keen to come along. The festival is south of Sydney in the Southern Highlands. More information will be made available closer to the date.
R.E.G.E.N

To celebrate the launch of our new compilation CD "Regeneration" we are running a special offer for the next 2 weeks only. For every online purchase of 4 Regrowth tickets or more you will get a FREE copy of the CD, or your choice of one of the Regen Records back catalog!! :shock: :shock: (Email us if you would like a different CD).
So get together a bunch of your mates and buy your tickets together to take advantage of this super awesome deal. CDs are valued at over $20! Offer finishes 13th April.
Tickets available at http://www.regen.org.au
Details of the CDs at http://www.regenrecords.com.au
Daheen

16 days and counting!
Can't wait!!
:bounce: :bounce:
synthz

am also getting my knickers in a knot over this.
dancella

:m:
:exactly:Me also... nickers knotted... crocheted in fact!!!
:bounce:
Bouncing Tinkerbell

R.E.G.E.N wrote :
Reiji wrote :

Hi Reiji, glad to hear your super keen to come along. The festival is south of Sydney in the Southern Highlands. More information will be made available closer to the date.

yay finally a party south of Sydney :bounce: ....and the southern highlands is such a beautiful area :love:
Pete_Paranoid

pm sent! :(
psynapsurfa

hey there peoples.

i really need to find a lift to this party.

can anyone tell me if there is transport available, ie festival provided, or can any one offer a lift.

am an experienced doofer. first doofs wereon the north coast aof nsw in th 90s, also did a bit of doofing in newcastle area.
obviously i am willing and able to chuck in for fuel and accessories etc. can travel light. wont take up much room. am friendly enough without being overbearing etc.
wont try to badger you with tripping spirituality stories!!lol!!
and can help out with camp etc, or even just do my own thing.etc
more than anything i just wnt to go have a good time. its been a while and i need to have a boogie ubder the stars with likeminded peoples.
my lift fell through due to serious illness in theier family.

i am in central west nsw, and can get to sydney, newcastle or blue mountains to hookup with transport. just tell me where and illl get there.

cheers.

pm me if need be.

oh, and i am male.

have been to heaps of doofs over the years so you never know we may have shared dancefloor before.

i havent been to many in the last few years as i moved away from my area, and started a family etc. but now i am wanting to start getting out a bit more.

nannoo nannoo
gher

My friend and I are busy that weekend until Sunday afternoon. How much will it be at the door at that point?
exhibit_k

can't. wait. any. loooooooongerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!...... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

have started preparing. only have annoying work to get out of the way, other than that, ready to go bush!!!
R.E.G.E.N

We wish to give a big ups to Ixchel for their ongoing support to REGEN.

Ixchel through there own awesome projects have helped to fund part of this years 2000 native plants, which has so many positive direct and indirect outcomes.

Lets take a look: REVEGETATION -

Brings Diversity to this degraded landscape (Diversity means more life)
= More Diversity of Plant Species - whcih encourages more diversity of Fauna (animals)
Controls possible future erosion
Supresses possible future Salinity issues
Of the local canopy species selected support the reintroduction of Koala's to this area
Makes our hands dirty and brings us together as a community
Lets us know that we can make a difference together
General Environmental awareness
Will fix Carbon pollution as plants grow.
Is fun....

All these things and more.......possible thanks to your participation and the support of organisations such as Ixchel.

THANKS EVERYONE, AND THANKS IXCHEL

ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!!!!!!
R.E.G.E.N

Bus transfers from Sydney Central to the festival site is available. The bus will depart Sydney on Saturday the 24th at 12:00pm Sharp. Returning to Sydney on the evening of the 26th.

To express your interest, please email us at info@regen.org.au
spangk

R.E.G.E.N wrote :

Ixchel through there own awesome projects have helped to fund part of this years 2000 native plants, which has so many positive direct and indirect outcomes.

= More Diversity of Plant Species - whcih encourages more diversity of Fauna (animals)
Of the local canopy species selected support the reintroduction of Koala's to this area
Is fun....

All these things and more.......possible thanks to your participation and the support of organisations such as Ixchel.

ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!!!!!!

That just made my day so much brighter! Having dinner with an Ixchel sister will pass that great news on :love:

That's what happens with team work and a community involvement hey. Magic! That thanks is to people who came and played and contributed and shared and danced and enjoyed Yggdrasil at the Applecromble last year.. you all rock my world btw ;0)

Yehaaah ReGrowth, can't wait to filth my sox and fingernails again.. nice one REGEN :D

:dance:
Pete_Paranoid

spangk wrote :
R.E.G.E.N wrote :

Is fun....

ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!!!!!!

That just made my day so much brighter! Having dinner with an Ixchel sister will pass that great news on :love:

That's what happens with team work and a community involvement hey. Magic! That thanks is to people who came and played and contributed and shared and danced and enjoyed Yggdrasil at the Applecromble last year.. you all rock my world btw ;0)

Yehaaah ReGrowth, can't wait to filth my sox and fingernails again.. nice one REGEN :D

:dance:

I remember Yggdrasil, I went outside to get some extra equipment and left my gear inside, I got locked out and the bouncers wouldn't let me in!
99 posts Page 3 of 4