SHPONGLE LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
51 posts Page 2 of 3
tract

briandubb wrote :
Now that about RSF I agree with but come on Tract, when that first Shpongle album came out way back when it was very cool....new sounds we hadn't heard before, et al. I agree some of the middle albums went a bit beige but the last one was a step in the right direction and live is live. Their live show looks very cool. Maybe not Tool but still twisted and fun.

And i've also been to heaps of gigs at the Enmore over the years. It sucks when they dont pull out the seats at the bottom but this time they are.

It's a once in a lifetime thing for us Republicans of Boganvillia. :twisted:

Now where is the after party and will it be headlined by Hallucinogen? Please say it's so. :twisted: :twisted:

I thought Shpongle was consistently beige throughout their musical output, but I always did prefer the Demon Tea Recs kind of chill.

By way of concession to a less than ideal venue, presumably it's a sign of basal and irredeemable (predictable) fucking intolerable stupidity when Shpongle is booked to play the Enmore theater instead of a Hallucinogen live show.

Good music does not need fancy visuals or an expensive stage show, more rather average music relies on fancy visuals and an expensive stage show as a crutch for its lacking.

sman wrote :

how jaded are you, tract?

Asking if someone is 'jaded' in an attempt to devalue their opinion is like paying $260 at the gate for an overpriced, commercial bush disco that is held in Victoria...

I'm a fucking capital 'H' hipster, my amp goes up to 11.
itchytriggerniggerfingers

tract wrote :
my amp goes up to 11.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
psyfraggle_

Guys we have 3 tickets to the Enmore, in the reserved area, frontal rows.

85$ per ticket, cheaper than what its going for a ticketek because our crew is going overseas at the time.

SMS 0 4 2 0 2 9 9 5 8 9
venatrix

So we get to sit down for the whole show? Sounds pumping!
Marsoups

got standing tix..

Does anyone know of anything else going on this night, or is it just Shpongle live ? Any after-parties or other events going on this night worth checking out while we're in Sydney ?
STEVONOISEMAKER

Marsoups wrote :

Does anyone know of anything else going on this night, or is it just Shpongle live ? Any after-parties or other events going on this night worth checking out while we're in Sydney ?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17038
Cyberwlf

Shpongle gig I saw in London (with kathmandu and others) was pretty cool as stage performances goes, only slightly ruined by Raja Ram acting like a fool. That said the music was better live than on CD and was nice to have the full stage performance to up the entertainment factor as well. Wouldn't pay for the rip off that RSF has become to see them though and I can't imagine Enmore Theatre or RSF's stage though equalling the size used in London for the production there either.
VJ DAMAGE

Well, I'm stoked they are playing and am super excited to be seeing them at the Enmore & at Rainbow.
sman

venatrix wrote :
So we get to sit down for the whole show? Sounds pumping!

not if you buy dancefloor tix, duh?
2nd17th

hope you all get chatt there then come over chatswood way to support the local talent. open till 1pm sunday. 12k of sound
venatrix

sman wrote :

Am I really about to explain the difference between a general admission and a reserved seating ticket? God I hope not...
sman

venatrix wrote :
sman wrote :

Am I really about to explain the difference between a general admission and a reserved seating ticket? God I hope not...

Sorry, didn't realize you were commenting on the previous post... but at least I see you do know how to use quote
Marsoups

STEVONOISEMAKER wrote :
Marsoups wrote :

Thanks man!!

Will be there will bells on
venatrix

STEVONOISEMAKER wrote :
Marsoups wrote :

Anyone wanting chatt action after shpongle should plan their transport ahead.

It's a bitch to get from enmore to chatswood by public transport so designate your drivers now :)
Ecl1pse

venatrix wrote :
STEVONOISEMAKER wrote :
Marsoups wrote :

Anyone wanting chatt action after shpongle should plan their transport ahead.

It's a bitch to get from enmore to chatswood by public transport so designate your drivers now :)

Aww fark, no idea how I'm gonna get there now, being the only person in my circle of friends with a license. Might just have to put up with horrible trains :P
venatrix

Ecl1pse wrote :
Aww fark, no idea how I'm gonna get there now, being the only person in my circle of friends with a license. Might just have to put up with horrible trains :P

Maybe people could try and arrange a car-pool on here or something? Or a cab-share? It's a fair cab ride but maybe between a maxi-taxi it would be doable? They need to be booked ahead cause there aren't too many of them around but prob the best option. If you're getting a train it might be wise to check if there's trackwork on that weekend too :) Good luck party people!
STEVONOISEMAKER

sit your arse down
Last edited by STEVONOISEMAKER on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keirrajade

booo stevo! why u want seated?
STEVONOISEMAKER

wasn't that i WANTED to be seated, just that i'll be sober, which reduced my usually already limited bobbing and swaying, so thought someone not sober would be keen as beans.

^^haha but i've changed my mind anyways now:p
n-psy-t

Fun night, happy crowd, good tunes! Does anyone have pics to share?
keirrajade

this was absolutely amazing! i went there with high expectations and they were exceeded! the whole show was fantastic, loved the dancers at the end, such a crazy energy amongst the crowd...i don't think i've ever heard such loud cheering before...can't wait to get their new album!
Last edited by keirrajade on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
n-psy-t

i totally didnt expect to be dancing as much but there was sooo much energy, made it nigh impossible :bounce:
rollyz

I wished it didn't stop.
VJ DAMAGE

me too Rollyz. Best thing ever.
fnarky

Awesomeness.
Maybe I should go to Rainbow after all...
51 posts Page 2 of 3