Abyss Feat.Scorb (LIVE) 1st July 2006

NSW Forums (Sydney & South Coast). Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
139 posts Page 1 of 6
DarkFaction

ABYSS

Exploring The depths of psychedelia. 1st July 2006 UnderGroundGravity Presents...

Scorb (UK)(Ambivalent Records, LastPossibleSolution Records)

GAPPEQ (Ketuh Records) live

DJ SHIVE (Belgium)

Jaimz (Sonic Dragon Records)
Agent 23 (Illuminati Records)
Eegor (Bus Records , Open Records)
Mash (Underground Gravity)
Galaktik vs Darkchild (T-Quest)
Substance (DarkFaction Records)
Cyberwlf (Nabi Records)
Raptor (Yak&Yeti)

Stay Posted :twisted:

SCORB:

Ady Connor (Scorb aka DJ Yod) is an artist and DJ for both Ambivalent and Last Possible Solution (LPS). Ady also performs Graphic Design duties for both labels including Cd covers, Party promotion and Merchandise.

Ady has a number of side projects: RAM, a Full-On project with Paul Wright (NRS), Squid Inc., A dark progressive project With Santos De Castro (Deviant Species), and Orzel's Machine, a Techno project With Mike Rucinski (Numbworx).

The early part of 2006 involves a busy release schedule starting with tracks and artwork for the new Ambivalent Compilation; AMBCD7 "Further Ambivalent Tendencies", and LPS compilation; LPSCD005 "Denial & Error". Soon to follow will be the second RAM album: LPSCD006 "Killerbites", the eagerly awaited follow up to 2004's "Efficient Chips", which promises to shred dancefloors the world over.

And of course the long awaited Second Scorb Album: AMBCD8 "IPSO FVCTO" the culmination of a years work and including a collaboration with Deviant Species will be released this Spring in anticipation of the 2006 Festival Season.

Ady is in big demand for his energetic Live and DJ sets and has played all over the world including Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and the United States.

GAAPEQ:

Gappeq is not a new name to psytrance. Born and brought up in Czech. Rep., Jiri Tomasek, already has many releases on Ketuh Records. His sound is dark and unique to him that can elevate you from your realm self in to another dimension. Currently working on his album for Ketuh records, this fully qualified musician, audio engineer and graphic designer has already revolutioned most parts of Australia and New Zeland and Europe with his live sets.

www.ambivalentrecords.com

Abyss@mindless.com - For More Information
Last edited by DarkFaction on Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:00 pm, edited 30 times in total.

aNti-MattEr

Excellent! Will this be outdoors?

DarkFaction

aNti-MattEr wrote :
Excellent! Will this be outdoors?

Venue details will be released by end of next week.

Cyberwlf

Much love for Ambivalent Records. Great to see them reappear again after all this time. And Scorb live = :killah:

This gig will be huge!

SubStance

Ambivalent are at it HARD..... They have so much planned for release in 2006.......

Check out there website at www.ambivalentrecords.com
For those who haven't heard scorb you cant miss this GIG .....
And for those who have, i'm sure you wont miss this one!!!!!
Plus New Scorb album out in a couple of months so there will be no shortage in fresh sound at this event
cant wait!!!!!!!!!!
:lol:
Last edited by SubStance on Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thorn

The new LPS comp rocked :twisted: :twisted:
I cant wait for this party :killah:

Vile dellusions

scorb live!! im there!!!

jaimz

I like Scorb. Maybe make the support lineup a bit more varied (sorry, but six dark night djs supporting a dark night act?) and I'd consider going.

SubStance

jaimz wrote :
I like Scorb. Maybe make the support lineup a bit more varied (sorry, but six dark night djs supporting a dark night act?) and I'd consider going.

I can only count 4 Dedicated Night acts.....???
Maybe a few of the acts on this lineup deserve a chance to show they can play whateva slot they are given. Jaimz you play to what time you are given pending on alot of other factors, whats stoping other dj's taking that approach. I am for example playing at around 1pm on the weekend, so if you counted me as just a night act i suggest you come on the weekend as you might be pleasently surprised.

There are more Acts To be confirmed so stay posted and let me know your comments on the rest of the lineup next week, i'm sure it will even up the bill.

jaimz

SubStance wrote :
Maybe a few of the acts on this lineup deserve a chance to show they can play whateva slot they are given. Jaimz you play to what time you are given pending on alot of other factors, whats stoping other dj's taking that approach. I am for example playing at around 1pm on the weekend, so if you counted me as just a night act i suggest you come on the weekend as you might be pleasently surprised.

I'd love to believe you and come all the way out to see you play but after being so disappointed so many times in the past (not necessarily by you, just in general by Sydney DJs), I'm just no longer willing to bother any more. Maybe you could consider posting, say, a top ten of music or a mix set or anything along those lines to give a better idea rather than saying "I'm playing at 1pm!". For all I know you'll be playing Eskimo and Electric Universe.

SubStance

jaimz wrote :
SubStance wrote :

I'd love to believe you and come all the way out to see you play but after being so disappointed so many times in the past (not necessarily by you, just in general by Sydney DJs), I'm just no longer willing to bother any more. Maybe you could consider posting, say, a top ten of music or a mix set or anything along those lines to give a better idea rather than saying "I'm playing at 1pm!". For all I know you'll be playing Eskimo and Electric Universe.

Fair enough.....

Cyberwlf

From my knowledge of SubStance's taste in music, he definitely deviates away from the generic full on stuff you mention. With a clear preference in tastes towards labels like LPS (a label which could be considered to fall on the 'proggier' side of it's Ambivalent equivalent, esp. with releases like Serious pr0n Collector), and having heard him play late morning before, i'm sure he can come up with something quite suitable for the time slot.

thorn

Cyberwlf wrote :
From my knowledge of SubStance's taste in music, he definitely deviates away from the generic full on stuff you mention. With a clear preference in tastes towards labels like LPS (a label which could be considered to fall on the 'proggier' side of it's Ambivalent equivalent, esp. with releases like Serious pr0n Collector), and having heard him play late morning before, i'm sure he can come up with something quite suitable for the time slot.

And more of late..... Looking forward to hearing some Sensient and Zenon stuff late into the arvo as well. Tim's music is perfect for me at that time slot , and i must admit, he saved the day for me at other events. New SPC and some of ambivalent old stuff is in order. Creeping prog with no cheeze or fluff :wink: I'm sure Substance will deliver the goods.... :killah:

Plus keep your ear out for Squids Ink :wink:
Last edited by thorn on Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance

lor.

B-RAVE

LOOKS FULLY SIK BUT I DONT WANT TO DOG,

I GOTTA ASK YOUSE, WILL THERE BE ANY PROG ??

OK.

THX

BYE

Cyberwlf

With Darkchild and Galaktik playing, plus who knows who else, it's a certainty that some prog action will be on the menu.

B-RAVE

^^ AND WOT ABOUT LAZERS, WILL THERE BE SUM ??

OK.

THX

BYE

mash

jaimz wrote :

hey jaimz dont u worry...There will be nite music in the nite and morning music in the morning..:)...

tripn

whats dark faction records ? is it a new upcoming label?

DarkFaction

tripn wrote :
whats dark faction records ? is it a new upcoming label?

Australian based studio project in developement.
Last edited by DarkFaction on Tue May 16, 2006 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tripn

^^^ cool. all the best with it. :thumb:

~Wicked Angel~

SCORB?

Fuck yes

i don't care how much homework i have :p

Dephile

well im gunna have to get a job so i can quit when they ask me to work on scorb

FUCK YEAH BRING ON THE CHUNKY MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bounce

ooooooooh
I am there :bounce:

suspiria

gimme back them words you stole out of my mouth Syl!! :lol:

SCORB!!!

new crew in the know.. could this be the re-ignition the Sydney doof scene needs? the answer to that lies in your hands ppl... :twisted:

cheesy yes but i'm not affiliated with these dirty buggers and all can be even better than it ever was if we want it to... nighty night!
139 posts Page 1 of 6