SPOONBILL ZOOMORPHIC ALBUM LAUNCH::

ACT Forums - Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
34 posts Page 1 of 2
Servants of Sound.

SPOONBILL (Omelette Records - live) - launching his 3rd Album

Saturday 18 April
Spoony’s iconic mix of improvised electronica, antiquated Australiana and live instrumental recordings have been a standout in the underground scene aeround the world. It is with exquisite pleasure that Servants of Sound invite you to share Spoonbills newest album ZOOMORPHIC.

Except a night a crazy electronica, amazing performance and the inaugral Spoonbill Olympics vying for the magnificent Wooden Spoon trophy.

Tickets $15 (+bf) pre-sale, $25 on the door.
WARNING numbers are limited so this gig may sell out

Tickets available from http://www.greentix.com.au/evinfo.php?eventid=32773 from Tuesday 3rd March 2009.
Other ticketing outlets to be annouced.

Don't miss this opportunity to see one of the most original electronic artists in the country lay it down in a new nest of artistic expression and creation.

Support from:
Brainstorma (SYD)
Biggie
C.L.I.Mate
Close?
Apply Steve

more info at http://www.servantsofsound.org
Last edited by Servants of Sound. on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psytata

:killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: NICE :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :dj: :P :P :P :P :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
brainstorma

mwahahahahahaaaaaaaa

have i got somthing special to unleash on you all for this one

:dj: :angry: :killah: :twisted: :wtf: :smasha: :vomitonyou: :drink: :m: :exactly: :hug: :stab: :evil:
FRACAS

brainstorma wrote :
mwahahahahahaaaaaaaa

:

hopefully some pants?? :D :killah:
brainstorma

FRACAS wrote :
brainstorma wrote :
mwahahahahahaaaaaaaa

:

hopefully some pants?? :D :killah:

na mate its your's, barry's and tim's mum doing a special show for all the canberra kids
they been planign it for weeks
FRACAS

they will show u up ...!! i hear all the mums play these days are killahs :killah: :killah:

have a good one bro.....
brainstorma

getttign closer

time to get big kev
sunsolunar

I don't think I've ever heard you play before, Blair... Should I be worried? :wink:
the_hairy_krishna

I heard a nasty rumour that Servants lost the Tietro venue!!!! Any truth to this??? I hope not... Tietro's is such an awesome venue for this sort of thing.
Ugly Bunyip

The venue owner is upset since the Side Project gig there a week ago. A large amount of alcohol was brought to the venue by patrons and resulted in the venue not making any money even though it was almost a capacity crowd. The owners are seriously consider not allowing their venue to be used for these sort events anymore.

The reality is alcohol sales pays for venues. Bringing alcohol into licenced venues just shoots the scene in the foot.

Spoonbill will still be going ahead. What this space.....
brainstorma

sunsolunar wrote :
I don't think I've ever heard you play before, Blair... Should I be worried? :wink:

i think you shoudl ask the bra boys if you should be worried

they all have the mix i made as a warm up for this gig

im hunting out new obscure tracks of wrongness
sunsolunar

Haha, does it involve that "noise" you were playing out of your car at the Rainbow campsite?

:wink:
brainstorma

sunsolunar wrote :
Haha, does it involve that "noise" you were playing out of your car at the Rainbow campsite?

:wink:

it may contain elements of said childrens tv show songs in it
sunsolunar

brainstorma wrote :
im hunting out new obscure tracks of wrongness

And you, my friend, are the perfect person to do that :mrgreen:
the_hairy_krishna

Ugly Bunyip wrote :
The venue owner is upset since the Side Project gig there a week ago. A large amount of alcohol was brought to the venue by patrons and resulted in the venue not making any money even though it was almost a capacity crowd. The owners are seriously consider not allowing their venue to be used for these sort events anymore.

The reality is alcohol sales pays for venues. Bringing alcohol into licenced venues just shoots the scene in the foot.

So very true, hoping that a slump in the alcohol sales doesn't repeat.... Though I'm thinking that the Sideproject crew should have just blamed it on the economic downturn ;)

Cannot wait for this gig - am rubbing my hands together in anticipation and I know a lot of people are excited about it... will be an epic night!
brainstorma

the_hairy_krishna wrote :
Ugly Bunyip wrote :

So very true, hoping that a slump in the alcohol sales doesn't repeat.... Though I'm thinking that the Sideproject crew should have just blamed it on the economic downturn ;)

Cannot wait for this gig - am rubbing my hands together in anticipation and I know a lot of people are excited about it... will be an epic night!

is this club part of the student union facilities??

do the SRC subsadise the price of alcohol at there venues in the ANU

if this is the case then the cost of a beer would be the same as bringing yoru own if nto cheaper for what you forked out at the bottlo

so why bring your own when the fenue is a SRC venue and by doign so not ownly shoot yourself in the foot for future parties but also means the SRC have to put prices up on every thing to cover costs
beatpyramid

brainstorma wrote :
Ugly Bunyip wrote :

is this club part of the student union facilities??

do the SRC subsadise the price of alcohol at there venues in the ANU

if this is the case then the cost of a beer would be the same as bringing yoru own if nto cheaper for what you forked out at the bottlo

so why bring your own when the fenue is a SRC venue and by doign so not ownly shoot yourself in the foot for future parties but also means the SRC have to put prices up on every thing to cover costs

From memory i dont think it is a SRC venue. Absinthe and lemonade was 11 dorra! can get that cheaper elsewere. either way, It is a shot through the foot to bring in grog.

DONT SHIT IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD!
Ugly Bunyip

Though I'm thinking that the Sideproject crew should have just blamed it on the economic downturn ;)

A bit hard when at cleanup the venue and the bins immediately outside where full of alcohol containers the venue doesn't sell.
Servants of Sound.

:bounce: :bounce: All new venue!!! Stay tuned for a brand new never before used indoor/outdoor venue 15 mins from Canberra's CBD!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Fire Twirlers,
Installation Artists
lush outdoor area

:bonfire: Stay Tuned :bonfire:
beatpyramid

Servants of Sound. wrote :
:bounce: :bounce: All new venue!!! Stay tuned for a brand new never before used indoor/outdoor venue 15 mins from Canberra's CBD!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Fire Twirlers,
Installation Artists
lush outdoor area

:bonfire: Stay Tuned :bonfire:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
Physical Body

15 minutes walking, riding, Public transport or driving?...all very different distances.

so at 80kms/h driving speed thats a potential of a 20km radius anyhwhere in canberra :?

So any hints on the direction or suburb. :atom:
psytata

I no its abot a 3-4 min drive from my house!!! :killah:

Just a reminda that the tickets r on sale now and they are alot cheaper now then on the door.

This day/night should be 1 great one thats for shore, got a few little secrets :bounce:
Physical Body

Um playing a guessing game Platform one(?) or what ever its called these days down in tuggers?
Ecotek

It's not platform 3, way cooler spot. Think red flowers, and small houses.....
Servants of Sound.

Hi All......

No it is definately not Platform 3. SOS is excited to invite you all to a never before used licensed outdoor venue.
With plenty of space for all kinds of fun This venue is something special. We are keen for anyone who has installation art to bring it along and all you twirlers and jugglers, have we got space for you....

Come Dressed for fun and games, The Spoonbill Olympics will be held on the night with a prestigious trophy (and maybe some prizes) going to the winner!!!!!

Rose Cottage http://www.rosecottage.net.au/Rose_Cottage_Canberra.html is a beautiful historic homestead located in the South of Canberra on the corner of the Monaro Highway and Isablella Drive.

The event will now run from 5pm until 2:00am. There will be a BBQ Dinner and Finger food available and the bar will be open all night

Please respect that there is NO BYO at this event. Support your local venues so they continue to be available for our community to use :)

Tickets for this event are still available online from http://www.greentix.com.au/evinfo.php?eventid=32773 so get in quick.

mip.jpg
mip.jpg (56.13 KiB) Viewed 1150 times

shapeimage_11.jpg
shapeimage_11.jpg (76.5 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
34 posts Page 1 of 2