Yet another 'For Sale Thread: Beginner Audiophile equipment.

ACT Forums - Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Vitruvidian

Price is $500.00 ono for both.

1 x Denon AVR 1804: Price paid: $1,199.00
1 x Denon DVD 1400: Price paid: $799.00

Both purchased new in November 2003 from Duratone Hifi in Canberra (I still have the receipt). Both the player and amp have boxes, manuals and remotes. Postage will be extra; pick up in Canberra or Sydney is preferred. I have enjoyed this equipment a great deal, have treated them with respect and want to see them go to a good home. This is good quality gear for someone that wants decent musicality, that is easy to listen to. The combo outputs a warm sound, so it will sound great with a 'harder' or 'clinical' speaker. That said, I used them with Paradigm Monitor 9's happily for several years. the only reason I am selling is that I have spent my scholarship on new audio gear and no longer need these.

1 x AVR 1804

This amp is in great condition. It produces a nice, warm sound. It would suit someone wanting to build a nice, musical system that is also good for movies.

Manufacturer's Description:

For optimum Dolby Digital and DTS reproduction, the AVR-1804 features high quality, wideband audio amplification, providing 90 watts power output for each of the six main channels. A large capacity power supply includes a high current power transformer along with discrete power output devices on all six amplifier channels for highest dynamic range and superb reproduction clarity. The AVR-1804 is equipped with a total of 6 power amps including one for the Surround Back speaker to give you more clearly defined sound localization at the rear for 6.1-channel surround sources such as DTS-ES Discrete 6.1, DTSES Matrix 6.1, Dolby Digital EX, and DTS-ES NEO: 6. The AVR-1804 also provides you with 2 speaker terminals for the Surround Back channels, allowing for the ultimate home theater experience in amazing 7.1-channel Surround. The AVR-1804 includes the Personal Memory Plus function that automatically remembers the surround mode you last used for each program source, so that you do not need to select the mode again for that program. The AVR-1804 lets you make system settings via displays on your TV screen from the comfort of your chair. As with all of DENON's high-grade A/V receiver, the AVR-1804 lets you adjust delay times and other parameters so that you can customize the performance of the AVR-1804 to suit your own home theater and enhance operating ease. The adjustments are easy to make via a dialog format on the fluorescent display on the front panel. These customized features are then stored, for each source input and surround mode, in Personal Memory Plus so constant readjustments are not required.

http://reviews.cnet.com/av-receivers/de ... 73842.html
http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/denon/a- ... 18crx.aspx

Also 1 x Denon DVD 1400. In great condition.

Plays MP3, WMA, Super Audio CD, plays multi region DVD compatible and most digital formats including JPEG discs. No HDMI. A high quality player that has never given me a moments trouble.
HI FI CHOICE MAGAZINE COMMENDATION AWARD 2004 "..the Denon DVD-1400 is so good at its musical tasks that it invites the question "why pay less?"..if you want good sound - especially from CD - you should spend that bit extra and invest in this hidden gem from the Denon catalogue."
Other reviews: http://alatest.co.uk/expert-reviews/dvd ... -18959,32/
Vitruvidian

Bump and price cut: $450.00 for both.

Peace.
2 posts Page 1 of 1