Tsunami Mayhem! Can't Believe It!

Current Events, World Discussion, Opinions etc
40 posts Page 2 of 2

Sushi Mel

In defense of the Aussies/westerners that were whinging about the delay/lack of evacuation:

Remember that the streets of some towns were littered with corpses, dead animals, raw sewage and more..

The Australian government RECOMMENDED that anyone that didnt HAVE to be there, should come home ASAP due to the outbreak of disease.. and I believe that John Howard even hinted towards there being a quarantine put in place if/when the outbreak of disease took hold.. so obviously there was an urgency to get home ASAP.

Put yourself in their situation.. if you were there, you wouldnt want to get sick and then be quarantined with ppl that were even more ill/diseased; and stranded there even longer, away from your family and friends..

When one experiences a close call like that, your first instinct/desire is to get back to your loved ones.

Also think about the state and standard of the hospitals in these countries at the moment.. the standard of their health care and hygiene even at the best of times is very scary...

Sushi Mel

Anyone that has towels, linen, non-perishable food or medical aids that they could donate, please check out my thread re the Sri Lanka Disaster Relief Fund http://www.australiens.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15400#15400

shpongled

Gozer

Shpongled - interesting reading after I just finished reading an atricle in The Daily Telegraph about such theories. Coincidence perhaps?
I did a search on the the author of that article Joe Vialls. He writes about the consipracy of Port Arthur and here too..
Don't want to dismiss the guy because I don't know .. but ever seen The Pledge? Not the same thing but both the main character and Mr Vialls probably have the best of intentions and determination to expose the truth about a horrific incident but there is something missing..
Listen but think for yourself about that story..

Orphea

yeah it's very interesting reading, and as much as it wouldn't surprise me, the article doesn't have me convinced..

Joe Vialls wrote :
"Thus as true resonance approaches, the fault line starts to tremble like a piece of rope under tension, and sends out warnings to the seismographs in the form of steadily increasing transverse shear waves."

"Quite apart from the huge disparity in Richter values, the Indonesians and Indians were disturbed to find that the normal earthquake 'preamble' was missing from their seismograph charts. All this means is that the normal steadily increasing number of transverse shear "S" waves that always precede an earthquake were missing"

This sparks the most questions for me?

I think that any seismologist would be able to see clearly whether it was a normal quake or not, and there you have your answer to natural vs man-made.

Couldn't they even study the trench to find out the real truth?

Except, would it only be the countries in power & with lots of money who could afford to do this, or do they simply have the power to supress the truth from public?

???

the mad kiwi

rollyz wrote :
Chances are it was just a natural cycle in the day of the life of the plannet, and has probably happened thousands of times there before, but humans were not there to record it (or were wiped out before). But if a higher force was to be involved, it gives the chance for more well to do nations to put aside their differences and help their fellow man. It seems to be happening, yet at a scale never scene before.

if you have a look at a map of the world that shows the position of tetonic plates you'll see that round that area of the world its like an epicentre for earthquakes and volcano's.. this shit aint knew *but we already know that...right*

shpongled

yeah im personally not inclined to outright believe things that vialls says - he does seem to be well informed but at the same time likes to speculate wildly based on his (seemingly great) knowledge of things, eg with iraq and iran alot of what he said (while it appeared to be being well informed) seemed to be simply speculation about motives behind actions as opposed to actually KNOWING what was going on. but then when do we truly know *anything* in this crazy world?

:wink:

suspiria

you only KNOW when you have experienced... before that its all just information :wink:

shpongled

hehe actually u dont even really KNOW it then.. all you KNOW is your perception of it :P:)

suspiria

now now, dont be opening that bag of chips now ya hear! :)

tripn

shpongled wrote :
but then when do we truly know *anything* in this crazy world?

well one thing i KNOW for sure is that im going to be absolutely off my fucking chops for this tits on fire party near byron in late february.

niche

having left home on the 25th december and had little to no contact with the real world while travelling up to woodford QLD. i was shocked to discover what had happened.

At the festival i was surrounded by peace, love and a family spirit. everyone was giving everyone else room to shine. One of the days during the festival i lost my two children in the massive crowds (120,000approx visited) and had a heartwrenching 35 minutes being seperated from the kids and tim. After contacting local police etc at festival i found all three, safe and well. That afternoon i read for the first time about the tsunami, my heart just almost exploded. My family went missing for 35 mins and i was a wreck and crying, thousands of familys are devestated, torn apart and shattered. never to be whole again.

I also worked with a guy closely for the last three months who came from one of the worst hit areas. He was over here on a working visa and all his family lived back in indonesia. Days before i read a report saying all airlines were refunding fares for indonesia because of the threat of an attack. He was sullen but said "its ok i live on one of the small islands, that will be ok"
I dont know yet if he is alive.

love and peace to u jerry if u are still with us.

suspiria

*HUGS* Vic

tripn

hey does anyone know if the island of koh lanta was hit by the wave? i have a friend living there.
secret weapon

Was hit, damage doesn't look too bad (considering), got this from google search:

http://mythicaldude.typepad.com/mythica ... umors.html
40 posts Page 2 of 2