NO TO POPE

Current Events, World Discussion, Opinions etc
59 posts Page 1 of 3
ALEXUP

Just wanted to see what peoples thoughts are on this whole pope thing. $108,000,000.00 it is costing the tax payrer blah blah. So I joined the website www.notopope.com and one of the main sponsers is:

I am still planning to protest but why must alien cult's always be involved in everything.

atmospsypherica

So you all can get naked and join in a orgy of no holes bared alien probing with all your mates male and female. Waiting for a UFO float down Oxford St for gay Mardi Gras - time they sponsor one , Gays have $ not the psy trance crowd . you think they would learn.

atmospsypherica

But if you are after more -related to topic controversy.
The Reverend Karl Hand-
http://www.mccsydney.org/

MCC SYDNEY and No To Pope Coalition.

The church of MCC Sydney is not affiliated with the No To Pope Coaliation. Media reports have indicated that Metropolitan Community Church Sydney is "a member of" the No To Pope Coalition. This is untrue.

The Rev Karl Hand, who is the Interim Pastor of MCC Sydney, has attended media conferences where it has been implied that the church is an affiliate of the No To Pope Coalition. Metropolitan Community Church Sydney respects the rights of each individual to have their own opinion. In this case, The Reverend Karl Hand has exercised his right to have an individual opinion.

MCC Sydney invites, and welcomes, all people to attend our groups and Sunday Worship services. MCC Sydney is an inclusive Christian church that welcomes all people.

The question is - is he Gay? this is also a sponsor too Community Action Against Hemophilia http://www.caah.org/

So is this why he has his opinion :!: More shit to dig here then the Raelian Movement- but nice try :wink: :lol:

arcadian

atmospsypherica wrote :
...you think they would learn...
:D
FeralBrown

ALEXUP wrote :
Just wanted to see what peoples thoughts are on this whole pope thing. $108,000,000.00 it is costing the tax payrer blah blah. So I joined the website www.notopope.com and one of the main sponsers is:

I am still planning to protest but why must alien cult's always be involved in everything.

I just heard an interesting statistic about this "costing the taxpayer" business the other day. World Youth Day is forecast to triple the State's expenditure in tourism-associated revenue alone! ($108Mx3=$324M)

So... ummm... yeah...
That's all.
venatrix

FeralBrown wrote :
I just heard an interesting statistic about this "costing the taxpayer" business the other day. World Youth Day is forecast to triple the State's expenditure in tourism-associated revenue alone! ($108Mx3=$324M)

So... ummm... yeah...
That's all.

Supposed too. I heard on the news that all the hotels are empty and no one is booking any touristy things.

PS there is already a thread on this:

http://www.australiens.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12913

FeralBrown

Yeah, but the thing is they're not just talking about Sydney's income or an influx of pilgrims- e.g. Tamworth and surrounds are booked the fuck out with people trying to escape Sydney for the next 2 weeks... I'd imagine the snowfields are probably experiencing a pretty phenomenal boom, too...

Nundle (the village near where I live) is catering for 3 busloads of pilgrims a day for a week (+1650 people passing through) following WYD who wanna see a bit more of Australia -tickets are $170 a head for the bus and lunch alone- I'd imagine a lot of the little tourist-orientated villages spotted around the countryside have similar little things going on, too.
tripn

FeralBrown wrote :

So... ummm... yeah...
That's all.

fuck that. its a transfer of money from the taxpayer to certain sectors of the economy, mainly tourism. every person ive spoken to about it including myself would rather that money be spent on public services than diverted into private business hands. plus its not like the catholic church and the vatican dont have enough fucking money to hire their own private security contractors. they are charging $400 a ticket for world youth day so that alone should cover part of the costs. to add insult to injury, not only do we have to pay $108 million for this shit we also have to pay the cost of the police who are there to arrest us and fine us $5500 if we publicly object to the whole thing. what a joke. and dont even get me started on the bullshit draconian laws that have been put in place to grant these catholics special privileges at the expense of everyone elses civil liberties.

atmospsypherica

Hey I supported Rudd, because Labor was the only choice to stop Howards IR reform. What did concern me a bit was Rudd being the Christian Right factional leader of the party also. But all political leaders are being governed by religious forces. So for me was the choice to go with the Unions, but sadly they have just become a business that ties itself with Labor. They have only survived due to the introduction of Superannuation that Keating introduced
As chief architect of Australia's $1 trillion superannuation system, former prime minister Paul Keating has a lot to say about the industry he created.Australia's superannuation system is now worth $1 trillion. As the architect of this system, does such an achievement warm the cockles of your heart?
Industry Super Funds basically prop up the finances of Unions.

So move onto collective bargaining- It is getting to the point that offsets expected by business's are setting us back and in fact not giving us any real genuine CPI increase. This is not a great system for the future of the average worker, but the pain is a slow process. Something Howard wanted to speed up big time.

This may seem a bit off 'TRACK' but think of the NSW Railway employee representative Union. The NSW government won't budge - ratepayers don't want to pay more in rates and commuters don't want to pay more in fares. And we hear of all the rort's going on in the Railways. Hard choice but you either stand with them for their threatened strike on World Christian Youth Day or be brainwashed by political quagmire of bureaucracy :arrow: all stations leading to the highest echelons of the Catholic Church.

Fuck all this bullshit fringe groups, and it's really hard to trust Union representative bodies to not sell out there members due to $ tied up in the superannuation industry. I hope the strike goes ahead. Stay home choose your freedom to protest by using this chaos to not go too work. :D Sorry Boss I'm sick today and so is everything thing else when I open my front door today. :lol:

venatrix

World Youth blah blah is super dooper fuxxored.

I am making it my mission to fuck as many fresh catholic tourists as possible during this shitfight. With condoms. Lots of them. Or even better without condoms, then I can tell them how I am going to abort their child LOR!

MeowTron

:shock: you. are . scary.

tripn

venatrix wrote :
World Youth blah blah is super dooper fuxxored.

I am making it my mission to fuck as many fresh catholic tourists as possible during this shitfight. With condoms. Lots of them. Or even better without condoms, then I can tell them how I am going to abort their child LOR!

lol. either way is pretty funny. try and fuck someone high up in the catholic heirarchy with a condom and then expose them and show everyone that not even the popes subordinates obey his bullshit decrees.

venatrix

tripn wrote :
lol. either way is pretty funny. try and fuck someone high up in the catholic heirarchy with a condom and then expose them and show everyone that not even the popes subordinates obey his bullshit decrees.

haha fully. or maybe i could fuck them and then tell them that i am actually gay ahahahaha. or i could just rock up to a hotel and do the rounds of some youth groups, take photos/videos then send them a montage.

S.E.T.H

In the first post and in certain OZ psytrance history there seems to be massive objection to "alien cults".

Isnt Australiens a "cult" for "the alien in every Australian"

call it symantic's but I'd like to think you could all get the fuck over it.

I fully agree with steve regarding the rest of this shit......

Hell ...sasha cohen aka borat just copped heaps of grief for asking what the difference between hamas and homous is?

what have we come to?

itchytriggerniggerfingers

S.E.T.H wrote :
In the first post and in certain OZ psytrance history there seems to be massive objection to "alien cults".

I fully agree with steve regarding the rest of this shit......

Hell ...sasha cohen aka borat just copped heaps of grief for asking what the difference between hamas and homous is?

what have we come to?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Lukey, there was a post re Raeliens a few months ago. Try doing a search back - also read the UFOria party thread :arrow:

FeralBrown

S.E.T.H wrote :

Ummm... no.
Totally not.

Main Entry:
se·man·tics Listen to the pronunciation of semantics
Pronunciation:
\si-ˈman-tiks\
Function:
noun plural but singular or plural in construction
Date:

1: the study of meanings: a: the historical and psychological study and the classification of changes in the signification of words or forms viewed as factors in linguistic development b (1): semiotic (2): a branch of semiotic dealing with the relations between signs and what they refer to and including theories of denotation, extension, naming, and truth 2: general semantics3 a: the meaning or relationship of meanings of a sign or set of signs; especially : connotative meaning b: the language used (as in advertising or political propaganda) to achieve a desired effect on an audience especially through the use of words with novel or dual meanings

Now let's try "cult" for the slow learners.

Main Entry:
cult Listen to the pronunciation of cult
Pronunciation:
\ˈkəlt\
Function:
noun
Usage:
often attributive
Etymology:
French & Latin; French culte, from Latin cultus care, adoration, from colere to cultivate — more at wheel
Date:

1: formal religious veneration : worship2: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents3: a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents4: a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>5 a: great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad b: the object of such devotion c: a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

and finally we have "forum"

Main Entry:
fo·rum Listen to the pronunciation of forum
Pronunciation:
\ˈfȯr-əm\
Function:
noun
Inflected Form(s):
plural forums also fo·ra Listen to the pronunciation of fora \-ə\
Etymology:
Latin; akin to Latin foris outside, fores door — more at door
Date:
15th century

1 a: the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business b: a public meeting place for open discussion c: a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas2: a judicial body or assembly : court3 a: a public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion b: a program (as on radio or television) involving discussion of a problem usually by several authorities

...see the difference yet?
FeralBrown

tripn wrote :
FeralBrown wrote :

So... ummm... yeah...
That's all.

fuck that. its a transfer of money from the taxpayer to certain sectors of the economy, mainly tourism. every person ive spoken to about it including myself would rather that money be spent on public services than diverted into private business hands. plus its not like the catholic church and the vatican dont have enough fucking money to hire their own private security contractors. they are charging $400 a ticket for world youth day so that alone should cover part of the costs. to add insult to injury, not only do we have to pay $108 million for this shit we also have to pay the cost of the police who are there to arrest us and fine us $5500 if we publicly object to the whole thing. what a joke. and dont even get me started on the bullshit draconian laws that have been put in place to grant these catholics special privileges at the expense of everyone elses civil liberties.

Yeah, well. You can do what you want when you rule the world.
All I'm saying is that it's not a complete loss.
Besides, the "tourist industry" isn't only a private sector per se- it's fast becoming the only productive mode of sustaining regional Australia... y'know, the people that supply you with food and shit...
I don't think that the Rudd govt. would've actually had the foresight/insight to know that this effect would be achieved, so no props to them, but the fact remains that while Sydney-siders and politicos can rant and rave about how much this is an infringement on human rights and nothing but a dead loss and all the rest, there are people who are ACTUALLY losing out due to poor governmental choices ALL THE TIME, in your own back yard.
Finally they'll be reaping some benefits.

Just a bit of flipside perspectivism.
:)

bobret the hobret

atmospsypherica wrote :
So you all can get naked and join in a orgy of no holes bared alien probing with all your mates male and female. Waiting for a UFO float down Oxford St for gay Mardi Gras - time they sponsor one , Gays have $ not the psy trance crowd . you think they would learn.

they did have a float this year - not sure about other years. and yes there was a u.f.o. lol.

FeralBrown wrote :

Besides, the "tourist industry" isn't only a private sector per se- it's fast becoming the only productive mode of sustaining regional Australia... y'know, the people that supply you with food and shit...
I don't think that the Rudd govt. would've actually had the foresight/insight to know that this effect would be achieved, so no props to them, but the fact remains that while Sydney-siders and politicos can rant and rave about how much this is an infringement on human rights and nothing but a dead loss and all the rest, there are people who are ACTUALLY losing out due to poor governmental choices ALL THE TIME, in your own back yard.

I agree with what you are saying & I think this is a good & rationale idea that you have raised.... BUT.... hehe.... The govt *could* have spent the money they invested on funding WYD into the bush / families / agriculture / farming directly.

Farming, agriculture & families benefit. No Catholic fundamentalist kiddy fiddling nutcases come to Australia.

Its a WIN WIN situation :lol: :lol: :lol:
FeralBrown

itchytriggerniggerfingers wrote :
FeralBrown wrote :

I agree with what you are saying & I think this is a good & rationale idea that you have raised.... BUT.... hehe.... The govt *could* have spent the money they invested on funding WYD into the bush / families / agriculture / farming directly.

Farming, agriculture & families benefit. No Catholic fundamentalist kiddy fiddling nutcases come to Australia.

Its a WIN WIN situation :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, absolutely... but given both govt's track records, I somehow think the $s would've wound up as "budget surplus" figures, some kinda unnecessary metropolitan upgrade or staff kick-backs instead of being spent on anything worthwhile. I'm just raising a positive to the situation.
Personally, I hope someone shoots the evil kundt while he's out of Vatican lock-down... but that's another story, and one filled with far more (self)righteous angst than most protests could ever help to muster up... :)
atmospsypherica

FeralBrown wrote :
Personally, I hope someone shoots the evil kundt while he's out of Vatican lock-down... but that's another story, and one filled with far more (self)righteous angst than most protests could ever help to muster up... :)

Seriously Feral Brown be careful saying this. Too late but I'm sure many people have those sentiments but would be weary of the mighty ceiling cat...........GOD damn spooks :D

FeralBrown

It's alright- I'm a tricky person to find!

silly the kid

Anyone see the Leunig cartoon in SMH on the weekend....? Made me :D

atmospsypherica

Get your free condoms

Protesters win court challenge to Pope annoyance laws

TWO Sydney activists have won a Federal Court challenge to special World Youth Day (WYD) laws carrying $5500 fines for annoying or inconveniencing pilgrims.

NoToPope Coalition members Rachel Evans and Amber Pike took the NSW Government to court over the police powers granted for the month of July, seeking a declaration that they were unconstitutional.

Justices Catherine Branson, Robert French and Margaret Stone today ruled the specific clause relating to annoying and inconveniencing pilgrims went beyond the intention of State Parliament.

In 2006, the Parliament passed the World Youth Day Act which allowed the World Youth Day Authority to pass the annoyance clause in 2008.

In dismissing the other points of the coalition's claim, Justice French found that parts of the act banning the sale of certain items including stickers, badges and T-shirts did not infringe upon the right to free political communication.

However, the judge said the annoyance clause was invalid because it could not have been the intention of Parliament to make such vague and extensive limits to free speech.

The NSW Government just cost taxpayers money. The Catholic Church organisers had nothing to do with the laws the NSW Gov't wanted to invoke on stopping protesters. Big Win to No To Pope coalition and major failboat NSW gov't.
59 posts Page 1 of 3