Global warming is a total myth

Current Events, World Discussion, Opinions etc
29 posts Page 2 of 2
silly the kid

Well I hope any economic intervention proposals are very rigorously scientifically modelled in various ecomonic schools across the globe by independent economic experts and experienced business leaders before any politicians and idealists get to fuck with anything.
Pete_Paranoid

Super profits tax = ETS in sheep's clothing?

Do a little research on Australia, and you will find we are world leaders in many areas, and one of the most advanced counties on the planet. We don't follow the U.S.A., they follow us!
dranged

Pete, you know I thought that too, but if it gets in, in x they'll decide to tax them again with a direct carbon tax/credit...

This spill in the US is a game changer. Hard to believe but respectable people are talking about setting off nukes on the ocean floor, would you believe it.

The cost of dirty fuels has to increase by any means necessary. If this tax gets in, well, coal is abundant, as far as I know. Can we compete internationally with a premium on 200M tonnes of exports? Seems like coking, concrete and electricity would be the logical prime candidates, although maybe that is not a completely bad thing..

On the other hand, to dabble, there does seem to be a disgraceful amount of dead or temporarily reanimated economic corpses on the road with this current lot..
Pete_Paranoid

dranged wrote :
Pete, you know I thought that too, but if it gets in, in x they'll decide to tax them again with a direct carbon tax/credit...

This spill in the US is a game changer. Hard to believe but respectable people are talking about setting off nukes on the ocean floor, would you believe it.

The cost of dirty fuels has to increase by any means necessary. If this tax gets in, well, coal is abundant, as far as I know. Can we compete internationally with a premium on 200M tonnes of exports? Seems like coking, concrete and electricity would be the logical prime candidates, although maybe that is not a completely bad thing..

On the other hand, to dabble, there does seem to be a disgraceful amount of dead or temporarily reanimated economic corpses on the road with this current lot..

To my knowledge coal is heavily subsidised, can this be said for renewable energies?
29 posts Page 2 of 2