Child abuse a gay problem ftw

Current Events, World Discussion, Opinions etc
43 posts Page 1 of 2
spangk

My grandmother will be outraged by this verbal distraction from the Pope. Not all Catholics are as crazy as this old cheese

from SMH wrote :
Child abuse is a gay problem, says Vatican
PAOLA TOTARO HERALD CORRESPONDENT
April 15, 2010

LONDON: The Vatican's Secretary of State - No. 2 to the Pope himself - has suggested the paedophilia crisis engulfing the Catholic Church is linked to homosexuality, not priests' celibacy.

During a press conference in Chile, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone also insisted that the church has never stymied investigation of priests accused of paedophilia.

''Many psychologists and psychiatrists have demonstrated that there is no relation between celibacy and paedophilia,'' the cardinal said. ''But many others have demonstrated, I have been told recently, that there is a relation between homosexuality and pedophilia. That is true. That is the problem.''

The cardinal's remarks have sparked a storm of controversy in Italy as well as Chile, where they were strongly criticised by politicians and medical experts, who accused the Secretary of State of ''vast generalisations''.

Senator Juan Antonio Coloma, president of the right-wing Independent Democratic Union, told the Chilean newspaper La Nacion that while he understood the claims were made in good faith, they were generalisations that could not be sustained.

Senator Patricio Walker of the Christian Democrats categorically disagreed with the comments. ''Paedophilia is a mental and sexual abnormality that affects both heterosexuals and homosexuals,'' he said.

''I would like to see what studies he is talking about because I would find it fairly surprising to see evidence for these claims.''

Cardinal Bertone's comments follow a series of claims from senior Vatican and Catholic officials over the past few weeks that the charges of clerical abuse and their cover-up by the church that have emerged in Europe, the US, Ireland and Australia are a product of media gossip and exaggeration.

Rolando Jimenez, president of the Movement for Homosexual Integration and Liberation in Chile, said no reputable study exists to support Monsignor Bertone's comments.

In Italy, Aurelio Mancuso, former president of the gay rights association, Arcigay, said: ''The truth is that Bertone is clumsily trying to shift attention to homosexuality and away from the focus on new crimes against children that emerge every day.''

The Pope's press secretary, Federico Lombardi, said the pontiff might consider a private meeting with victims of clerical sexual abuse in Malta during a visit there next weekend. But he said the Pope should not be pressured by the media and should be given the space to listen to and communicate with the victims.

Newspapers in Chile reported that the most prominent paedophiles uncovered in the Chilean church attacked young girls and made a teenager pregnant.

The archbishop of Santiago at the time was shown to have received multiple complaints about Father Jose Andres Aguirre from the families of the young girls. But the priest was allowed to continue serving at several Catholic girls' schools. The church later moved Aguirre out of Chile twice and he was finally sentenced to 12 years in prison for abusing 10 teenage girls.

In La Nacion, one of the young women, identified only as Paula, said she had been abused between the ages of 16 and 20. She said when she told other priests at confession, they simply told her to pray but ''everyone looked the other way. No one corrected or helped me''.

The Associated Press reported that she said one of the priests she confessed to about her sex with Aguirre was Francisco Jose Cox, who had been bishop in La Serena, in northern Chile, for several years but was removed in 1997 amid rumours he was a paedophile and transferred to Santiago, then Rome, then Colombia and finally Germany.

The Schoenstatt movement, a worldwide lay community within the Catholic Church, is reported to have paid for his transfers as well as ''treatment''. He was finally removed for ''inappropriate conduct'' in 2002.
Galactic Monkey

"Vast generalization"? More like perverting the course of justice!
ionized

Lol. Homosexuals are the probably last ones that need to go around raping children. There are plenty of consenting adults of similar persuasion that are more then willing to offer their arse.
ionized

Also. I understand it's the will of God and all, but couldn't they have chosen someone less fucking creepy looking for the head of the One True Church.

Marsoups

haha word!
Galactic Monkey

Haha maybe not only they couldn't, but they actually wanted one like that? ;)

How about these gems?

(Can't tell if the last one is him or not but little difference really, I'm sure the chair hasn't changed.)
Last edited by Galactic Monkey on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psywise

I'd be more suprised if the Catholic church issued a statement that was based on fact :?
spangk

Galactic Monkey wrote :

How about these gems?

(Can't tell if the last one is him or not but little difference really, I'm sure the chair hasn't changed.)

The crucifix being satanical is a new take on the symbol. Has been around a long time and in catholic Christianity story is due to St Peter, aka Simon Peter who was i THINK the first Pope maybe (?) and he had himself crucified on the upturned cross feeling he wasn't deserving of the honor of dying as jesus did. Actually I might be lying :p

I thought it had pre christian origins too but i might have stolen that from a really lame book ;)
herbsandspices

That is correct about St Peter, and the pope occupies the same office- hence the upturned cross. I think the reason this method was used though was to prolong the suffering of the victim because upright crucifiction causes positional suffocation due to the position of the body when the arm muscles give out. Though as I understand it the story comes from sources outside the bible. I am no expert on these matters though so could be completlely wrong.
Galactic Monkey

spangk wrote :
Galactic Monkey wrote :

How about these gems?

The crucifix being satanical is a new take on the symbol. Has been around a long time and in catholic Christianity story is due to St Peter, aka Simon Peter who was i THINK the first Pope maybe (?) and he had himself crucified on the upturned cross feeling he wasn't deserving of the honor of dying as jesus did. Actually I might be lying :p

I thought it had pre christian origins too but i might have stolen that from a really lame book ;)

Hehe and this one?

That was the original "no hot linking pic" :)

By the way, the peace symbol represents Jesus hanging down (upside down cross, arms stretched out in an upside down Y) and supposedly is also a satanic sign :)
spangk

Galactic Monkey wrote :
spangk wrote :
Galactic Monkey wrote :

How about these gems?

Hehe and this one?

By the way, the peace symbol represents Jesus hanging down (upside down cross, arms stretched out in an upside down Y) and supposedly is also a satanic sign :)

satanic freaks are just as tragic as religious freaks imo :p ..i alwys associated the peace symbol with the olive branch :/ ..i'm living on memories that i no longer recall the origins of. Is anyone else in this position? Am i ok :shock:
herbsandspices

It's based on semaphore code for N-D, Nuclear Disarmament and is a modern invention from the 50s.
spangk

That's so totally awesome, yoink. I've had this avatar for way too long :D cheers herbs

spangk

Personally, if i was a passionate Cathoilic woman i'd be taking this back to the Vatican with "What would a female priest do to the entire equation? Generally speaking."
kayhat

spangk wrote :

satanic freaks are just as tragic as religious freaks imo :p ..i alwys associated the peace symbol with the olive branch :/ ..i'm living on memories that i no longer recall the origins of. Is anyone else in this position? Am i ok :shock:[/quote]

Hey is that Dracula? ^^^^^

Isn't he supposed to like disappear when he's in a mirror oriented device? Ergo, that's repression and he's not a vampire. Next you'll be burning Paris Hilton at the stake as a witch.

Yeah, but based on the fact that he's a vampire, does mean that he shouldn't be pope in this age of political correctness? Doesn't he have a right to live like everyone else? Maybe the government aren't doing vampires cases right, they NEED the blood of young virgin boys.

We are all, after all, constituted from the same matter whether oil, mud or satanic ass mutilator hooded eye motherfucker. Vampires are part of our imaginery heritage and we need to respect our pope for bringing this fantastic character back to puclic inter vista for all to lulz to.

Vampires are so much cooler then prime ministers anyway. :killah:
venatrix

kayhat wrote :
Hey is that Dracula? ^^^^^

Isn't he supposed to like disappear when he's in a mirror oriented device? Ergo, that's repression and he's not a vampire. Next you'll be burning Paris Hilton at the stake as a witch.

Yeah, but based on the fact that he's a vampire, does mean that he shouldn't be pope in this age of political correctness? Doesn't he have a right to live like everyone else? Maybe the government aren't doing vampires cases right, they NEED the blood of young virgin boys.

We are all, after all, constituted from the same matter whether oil, mud or satanic ass mutilator hooded eye motherfucker. Vampires are part of our imaginery heritage and we need to respect our pope for bringing this fantastic character back to puclic inter vista for all to lulz to.

Vampires are so much cooler then prime ministers anyway. :killah:

kayhat wrote :
Marriage IS an institution, and gay people have got it all wrong in trying to emulate it. It IS for breeding purposes, really.

OK, I'm going to be blunt with what I say next.

I don't think homosexuality is something that should be endorsed publically, personally. I have a fair gay friends and my brothers gay and I accept them and love them as such, but I wouldn't be encouraging homosexual relationships. I think people have got something wrong with their genetics if they're gay. I do with animals, and I do with people. This is why we don't produce offspring asexually. some would argue that homosexual behavior in animals is so common also means that it has evolutionary significance, but I don't think so. It's a common biological fuck-up. Bio-logic, get it?

You know who also has this opinion? My gay brother. He doesn't hate who he is either, he celebrates that he is different and unique. He wouldn't raise a child or try to marry because he recognises his differences and accepts them.

A lot of people go "it's my right to do whatever I want", but they aren't thinking about larger circumstances. I mean, sure, they can't get married, but it's only a small price in what could be a shitstorm that would lead to gay people being even more outcast when disgruntled straight folk start acting like fuckwits towards gays because they disrespected a sacred ceremony of union.

Sorry, guys, this is just my opinion, I don't hate gay people and I have to break the cycle of politically correct BS. A very conservative opinion, I know, but I refuse to believe that I've got a problem because I hold certain views, any more then being pro-gay should be a problem. It's not conflicting, just differing. I think I got it more sussed out then Tony Abbott though :P

Also there's the impact gay marriage would have on the health system, social security, adoption services, foster caring and also gay peoples choice to choose their own religion. These are all good reasons for gay people to reconsider what they are willing to shake up to get their own way. I really don't think it's worth all the conflict and would be quite selfish for them to do it if it isn't worth it.

Just because you can't marry, it doesn't mean you're not any less gay. I can't marry because of lack of partner and money, so should I go and protest at how fucked that is?
kayhat

:angry:

You just are an ambittered wench, Venatrix. :roll:
venatrix

kayhat wrote :

kayhat wrote :
I'm going to spell it out right now.

If I don't like the way that I'm being spoken to and I request you to stop it, then you fucking stop, alright? If you don't, you're just as bad as Wade or Marcus. Worse actually, because you're not as vunerable to attack as they are.

This being said, I don't want people calling me a moron, a fuckhead, an idiot, or anything like that! If you don't respect this request, you're a fucking bully, and I think all bullies should be punished.

Admin would totally agree with me.
kayhat

Point proven ^^^^

Just give up. You're just making yourself look like an idiot.

Oh btw, you basically played right into my hands, I spelt embittered wrong just to show everyone again what a childish spelling nazi you are. Bit like shooting fish in a barrel really. I pull the strings, you jerk and twitch. ;)

I know you really want my attention, but this is the wrong way to go about it :P
Pete_Paranoid

lol at Catholics and paedophiles!

Maybe Christians and paedophiles have more in common then they like to think

Schizoaffective disorder

Schizoaffective disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a mental disorder characterized by recurring episodes of elevated or depressed mood, or of simultaneously elevated and depressed mood, that alternate with, or occur together with, distortions in perception.[1][2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoaffective_disorder

...and...

Almighty row over ethics class in schools
ERIK JENSEN
September 26, 2009

THE State Government's religious education advisory panel will fight a pilot program that offers ethics classes to primary school students who opt out of scripture.

Instead, it will continue its support for a policy that prevents students who opt out from having any instruction, and specifically no ethical instruction, during the time set aside for scripture each week.

In some schools, that leaves as many as 80 per cent of students excluded from education for an hour each week - despite reviews dating back to 1980 recommending the policy be amended.

The pilot, developed by the St James Ethics Centre, is fully funded and was endorsed unanimously by the Federation of Parents and Citizens' Associations of NSW in July. But it must still be approved by the Minister for Education in consultation with a religious advisory panel.

''It doesn't have the support of the religious community, that's just a pragmatic reality,'' the acting chairman of the Inter-Church Commission on Religious Education in Schools, Reverend Mark Hillis, told the Herald. ''I don't see how having a small interest group coming into a school and ramping up things helps.''

The pilot would begin as a 10-part discussion-based program, covering issues such as truth and fairness, offered to students in years 5 and 6. It was taken, in various form, to two previous education ministers but was rejected both times.

The present minister, Verity Firth, was first approached last November and was given a formal proposal on Wednesday. She would not comment on the proposal, other than to say it was being considered.

Philip Cam, a University of NSW philosophy professor involved in developing the pilot, said it would allow children ''twiddling their thumbs'' to think critically about ethical issues that may otherwise be discussed in scripture. ''The question is about giving kids a chance to reflect on values - to think them through,'' he said. ''They don't get as much opportunity to do that day-to-day as they ought.''

http://www.smh.com.au/national/almighty-row-over-ethics-class-in-schools-20090925-g6a0.html

if scripture is not child abuse then I don't know what is!
MotherShabubu

kayhat wrote :

Lol.
He's right though Venatrix, you are an imbittered wench (and a few other things) for making me read Kayhat's ignorant and (in the second case) biggotted views again. Fuck you ;)
(Oh, and any spelling/gramarric errors where just unserted to goad you into attacking, nothing has to do with how bad at grammer/spelling am I)
spangk

hahah o i do love the chaotic disorder that anything becomes on australiens.. what is it like...

ps.. i didn't mind scripture, there were clearly defined outlined photocopies to colour in and i thought the teachers name was funny. Mr Silberman, sounded like a reverse lisp when i was 10, made chuckle inside. AND i thought it kind of funny that i was from a Catholic family and they sent me to Church of England scripture. Didn't hurt me at all.. was almost the light hearted part of my life. Like a breather between realities. Religion is really one of the most subjective experiences and concepts going. Completely dependent on those projecting and i think equally so those receiving. People are weird. And this thread is now ghey.
herbsandspices

I certainly enjoyed sniffing the violet photostat ink in scripture class.

My parents even sent me to sunday school so I would get religion early, get rid of it myself and not get born again later in life. There's something in that for parents / prospective parents I reckon.

Venatrix, please stop provoking him. Please. As a personal favour?
tract

kayhat wrote :

'ambittered' is not a word. It doesn't exist.

Stop taking heroin you fucking idiot.
kayhat

tract wrote :
kayhat wrote :

'ambittered' is not a word. It doesn't exist.

Stop taking heroin you fucking idiot.

Don't you read the entirety of threads? I made the typo because it would wind up venatrix even more, you fucking idiot. Looks like I got two stoners with one bird, hey.

Are you going to point out my dyslexia with that statement with that one, or have you finally caught on now that I'm actually smarter then both of you put together by now?

I will continue taking smack in my eyeball and continue arguing with n00bs, and continue being trivial and telling jaded spelling nazi wannabe intellectuals to go get fucked now.

You may continue standing on your pedestal of trying to outinform each other about "current headlines" now, all the time having no awareness that you're all being steered into discussion exactly the way the popular media want you to go, like fat chicks following a trail of cakes.

btw, you called me a fucking idiot twice now, can't you be a bit more original in your prose?

You're a fucking swan diving double dick sucking camel necrophiliac is a start.
Last edited by kayhat on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
43 posts Page 1 of 2