Noah's Ark 'found' on mountain in Turkey

Current Events, World Discussion, Opinions etc
19 posts Page 1 of 1
Galactic Monkey

I guess this proves that we are all inbred then, as well as all the animals :) Still, I'm not so sure how different races originated from just 2 humans some 5000 years ago :)

http://www.news.com.au/world/noahs-ark-found-on-mountain-in-turkey/story-e6frfkyi-1225858944786

CHINESE and Turkish evangelical explorers believe they may have found Noah's Ark - 4000m up a mountain in Turkey.

The team said it had recovered wooden specimens from a structure on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey that carbon dating proved was 4800 years old, around the same time the ark is said to have been afloat.

"It's not 100 per cent that it is Noah's Ark but we think it is 99.9 per cent that this is it," said Yeung Wing-cheung, a Hong Kong documentary filmmaker and member of the 15-strong team from Noah's Ark Ministries International.

The structure had several compartments, some with wooden beams, which were believed to house animals, he said.

The group of evangelical archaeologists ruled out an established human settlement on the grounds that one had never been found above 3500m in the vicinity, Mr Yeung said.

Local Turkish officials would ask the central government in Ankara to apply for UNESCO World Heritage status so the site could be protected while a major archaeological dig was conducted, he added.

The biblical story says God decided to flood the earth after seeing how corrupt it had become, and told Noah to build an ark and fill it with two of every animal species.

After the flood waters receded, the Bible says, the ark came to rest on a mountain. Many believe that Mount Ararat, the highest point in the region, is where the ark and her inhabitants came aground.
venatrix

Galactic Monkey wrote :
The group of evangelical archaeologists

:stab:
traveller

venatrix wrote :
Galactic Monkey wrote :
The group of evangelical archaeologists

:stab:

if they also do kung fu, that would be an awesome tv show!

ive heard of people supposedly discovering the ark in those mountains
every now and again...maybe there was a flood around that time
and there are boats all over the shop?
Kratonic

1. I thought that someone had already claimed to have found it years ago? *shrugs*

2. Is the next step evangelical geologists (you know, the ones that discover that cheeky stash of fish and dinosaur bone impression tools that good old yahweh used to make the fossils with)?
psywise

They need to learn the meaning of the word "parable" IMHO
kayhat

Who cares? I found $20 under the couch today.
herbsandspices

Goes to show what feeble-minded fleshwastes the paper is written to appeal to.
rollyz

4000meters. Is there enough water in the polar ice caps to raise the sea level to 4000m?
ionized

Story behind the Arc of the Covenant is much cooler imho.

Ancient Judean archeology is actually quite cool. They were paranoid as fuck and right into hiding shit all over the land. Real Indiana Jones type stuff.
itchytriggerniggerfingers

Here's my beef with the whole "Noah's Ark" story.

1./ How did Noah manage to come up with a list of all the different species inhabiting the earth, considering we still have not identified all living organisms? (must have been one hell of a roll call!)

2./ How did Noah coax all the different species onto the ark - considering most species are regional to their climate / environment? (Noah must have had one of those high speed diesel catamarans to sail around the world & catch em all in time before the flood peaked!)

3./ How did Noah manage to store them all with the whole predator / prey relationship going on? (I wonder if Christians believe that Noah really penned the theory "only the strongest will survive"?)

4./ When the flood was over, how did Noah manage to release them all back at the exact same location they caught each species at? (And would he of been capable of stopping species from killing each other before they procreate?)
rollyz

Wade would know the answer! :wink:

Good to know that The earth is from 6,333 to 6,580 years old
The year of creation would be created between 4,323 BC to 4,570 BC

So 4800 years ago, God flooded the earth as it was sinful only after 2000 years. Then sends his Son 2000 years later due to the world sinfulness again. Looks like a pattern happening here, and we be again 2000 years building up our sin again.......
catalepsy

Galactic Monkey wrote :
The group of evangelical archaeologists ruled out an established human settlement on the grounds that one had never been found above 3500m in the vicinity, Mr Yeung said.

Couldn't be that they have found the regions first evidence of human settlement above 3500m? No, it must be the ark.

itchytriggerniggerfingers wrote :
1./ How did Noah manage to come up with a list of all the different species inhabiting the earth, considering we still have not identified all living organisms? (must have been one hell of a roll call!)

And how did he classify and differentiate species? Phenotype/Genotype?
Did he have 2 dogs e.g. a male dachshund and a female labrador?
2 wolves, 2 foxes, 2 arctic foxes, 2 African hunting dogs, 2 dingos?

And how did all the plants cope with being submerged with little sunlight for that long?

rollyz wrote :
and we be again 2000 years building up our sin again......

and a new wave of cleansing is surely upon us

catalepsy wrote :
Did he have 2 dogs e.g. a male dachshund and a female labrador?

If my mum had her way, they would all be dachsunds :lol:

In fact, I could see her cross-breeding dachsunds with every other animal type. Imagine dachsunds crossbred with elephants - they'd have short legs (so you could climb up onto them easily) and long backs (so they could carry half a dozen people in one go). How cool would that be 8)
kayhat

$20. Under the couch. 8)
flurohero

some of those fruity 20c books at the op-shop have pictures/accounts of 'it' .mostly published in the 60's.

apparently the first chinese person was called 'nu-wah<noah>','mount arrat' is armenian for 'where it all began','buggery' is derived from supposed religious practices of the bulgarian christians.

enjoy your $20!

flurohero wrote :
some of those fruity 20c books at the op-shop have pictures/accounts of 'it' .mostly published in the 60's.

apparently the first chinese person was called 'nu-wah<noah>','mount arrat' is armenian for 'where it all began','buggery' is derived from supposed religious practices of the bulgarian christians.

enjoy your $20!

No, you enjoy your dollars 20. 8)
flurohero

almost a packet of cigs!240 km fuel for vehicle,2/3 of one full price cd or 100 20c 'von-daniiken' like mystery pre-history freak out reading .

i heard all pre-history relics and machines have been removed from the 'giant-boat'.
apparently too shocking to reveal to the public<oomparts> just like the ancient drawing s of cave men reclining on lounges watching television in french caves or golden spoons in millions of year old coal seams.pre-history-yay!

i'm glad these subjects and stories pop up from time to time.
kayhat

I found $14 in the laundry machine today.
flurohero

i think finding money is like that 'wonder boy' video game where you jump on the right obscure point or follow the right path and ten bucks or rewards of increasing magnitude pop out.

it doesn't get really good till moollions and moolions of dollars pop out and you spend the rest of your life in a spa tub with slaves to fix your super fancy drinks.

is there enough water on this planet to get the ark 14000 feet up the mountian or did the universe flood like in that hindu legend where krishna was a giant red pig?
19 posts Page 1 of 1