K-Rudd ---> Gone!!!

Current Events, World Discussion, Opinions etc
32 posts Page 1 of 2
itchytriggerniggerfingers

The king is dead, long live the king!
venatrix

So I take it you're voting for Tony "BudgieButtock" Abbott are you??
ionized

Another great victory for corporate Australia and it's overseas investors! I'm looking forward to Albanese, Forrest and their mates gang banging Gillard in the conference room just as Abbot high fives them in the doorway.

venatrix wrote :
So I take it you're voting for Tony "BudgieButtock" Abbott are you??

Bah :o

traveller

wow i just heard about this too...
first female prime minister!

ionized: indeed!! we probably wont see anyone tryin to mess
with any of the mining moguls for a while at least!

itchy:
great vid haha
"garbage in, garbage out"

my old sigs...
"Don't vote, it only encourages them!"
"If voting could change the system, it would be illegal."
rollyz

Another puppet prime minister run by a few back benchers?

or could she turn out to be another Margaret Thatcher and suprise everyone good?

Though she could end up being the shortest term prime minister if she call an election in a few months....
venatrix

itchytriggerniggerfingers wrote :
Bah :o

Oh yeah AWESOME!!!!

Just don't vote!

What a genius fucking idea that is!

Let's see... people don't vote... and America gets George Bush as president!!!

People DO vote... and they get Obama :idea:

I'll let you figure out that little mathematical equation yourself :arrow: :!:

venatrix wrote :
Oh yeah AWESOME!!!!

Just don't vote!

What a genius fucking idea that is!

Let's see... people don't vote... and America gets George Bush as president!!!

People DO vote... and they get Obama :idea:

I'll let you figure out that little mathematical equation yourself :arrow: :!:

Well considering that Obama is turning out more of a lame duck than Bush was I guess that kinda proves my point :idea:
venatrix

Well considering that Obama is turning out more of a lame duck than Bush was I guess that kinda proves my point :idea:

No.

venatrix wrote :

No.

Actually yes.

Obama promised not to employ lobbyists. Half his cabinet is made up of lobbyists.

Obama promised to reduce CEO & Executive banker excessive salaries & bonuses. However, it only applies for new companies - i.e. it doesn't apply to the existing big banks that put him into office such as Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, NM Rothschild etc etc.

Obama promised to end the occupation of Iraq within 6 months of taking office. Now he is saying that they need to increase troop numbers & pushing back the dealine for another 22 months.

Obama is just a wolf in sheeps clothing. Nothing more, nothing less. He's still backed by the same group of international bankers that allowed the Bush & Clinton dynastys.
venatrix

Actually yes.

Obama promised not to employ lobbyists. Half his cabinet is made up of lobbyists.

Obama promised to reduce CEO & Executive banker excessive salaries & bonuses. However, it only applies for new companies - i.e. it doesn't apply to the existing big banks that put him into office such as Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, NM Rothschild etc etc.

Obama promised to end the occupation of Iraq within 6 months of taking office. Now he is saying that they need to increase troop numbers & pushing back the dealine for another 22 months.

Obama is just a wolf in sheeps clothing. Nothing more, nothing less. He's still backed by the same group of international bankers that allowed the Bush & Clinton dynastys.

Naivete can be charming, up to a point.

Then it becomes embarrassing.

Then it becomes dangerous.

You're currently sitting somewhere between stages 2 and 3.

venatrix wrote :
Naivete can be charming, up to a point.

Then it becomes embarrassing.

Then it becomes dangerous.

You're currently sitting somewhere between stages 2 and 3.

How is pointing out facts naive?

Obama is not the saviour, he is not the change America was looking for, he's just another crony put into office by the banking cartel to suit their agenda.

Naive would be continuing to believe the opposite of what I have just pointed out - that is the image of what he wants you to believe, not who he really is and what he stands for.
venatrix

If you pick three 'facts' out of three thousand, take them completely out of context, and think that you have a full and proper understanding of a highly complex political situation then you are being naive.

If you think that your vote doesn't count, and that you are somehow achieving something by not voting, you are also being naive (although in your case I'd be thrilled if you chose not to vote :wink: )

A leader is only one member of the party :m:

Also,
Obama is not the saviour, he is not the change America was looking for, he's just another crony put into office by the banking cartel to suit their agenda.

Yes he is. While he hasn't miraculously solved all the world's problems, turned water into wine, or had an immaculate conception, he has made significant, controversial changes in his time in office, and he is certainly the change America was looking for after Bush and compared to McCain.
susan

i think it's great. i quite like her. i like obama too. but then... i like most people.
how's that for naive?
Cosmic Wizard

rollyz wrote :
Another puppet prime minister run by a few back benchers?

or could she turn out to be another Margaret Thatcher and suprise everyone good?

Though she could end up being the shortest term prime minister if she call an election in a few months....

When ever Labour has a electional diaster coming to it, it always put a women in charge to soften the blow.

This is no different.

Labour is gone, this it just total desperation.

venatrix wrote :
If you pick three 'facts' out of three thousand, take them completely out of context, and think that you have a full and proper understanding of a highly complex political situation then you are being naive.

If you think that your vote doesn't count, and that you are somehow achieving something by not voting, you are also being naive (although in your case I'd be thrilled if you chose not to vote :wink: )

A leader is only one member of the party :m:

Also,

Yes he is. While he hasn't miraculously solved all the world's problems, turned water into wine, or had an immaculate conception, he has made significant, controversial changes in his time in office, and he is certainly the change America was looking for after Bush and compared to McCain.

Well hey, don't take my word for it, look how his #1 General in Iraq thought so highly of him & his administration in Rolling Stone mag :arrow:
speekeesy

The guy was obviously battle fatigued, rolling stone for christ sake.
He is only one man there are hundreds of thousands aspiring to take his place.
speekeesy

Cosmic Wizard wrote :
When ever Labour has a electional diaster coming to it, it always put a women in charge to soften the blow.
This is no different.
Labour is gone, this it just total desperation.

Don't bet anything valuable on it, Labour isn't going anywhere.
Peril

We have a ranga for PM, this worries me a little. You can't trust their kind.
ionized

venatrix wrote :

Yes he is. While he hasn't miraculously solved all the world's problems, turned water into wine, or had an immaculate conception, he has made significant, controversial changes in his time in office,

Please post... like, an example.

Botched, bloated and inefficient health care reform that will become unfundable by 2015 doesn't count.

Peril wrote :
We have a ranga for PM, this worries me a little. You can't trust their kind.

Agreed. A failure of democracy if ever there was one.
venatrix

Well hey, don't take my word for it, look how his #1 General in Iraq thought so highly of him & his administration in Rolling Stone mag :arrow:

venatrix

ionized wrote :
Please post... like, an example.

Botched, bloated and inefficient health care reform that will become unfundable by 2015 doesn't count.

Sure!

1) write up a list of everything Obama has done since he began his term
2) put a star next to everything that Alex Jones has had a crai about
3) take off the tinfoil hat

Also take a minute or two to have a look at our own healthcare policy. It is also bloated, botched, and inefficient - but at least people don't die or go bankrupt because they can't afford basic medical care. Imagine trying to put through a healthcare policy in Australia today if we didn't already have one. It's a miracle Obama even managed to get his through.
herbsandspices

They'll be lucky if there is an America as we know it in 2015, the government knows it too so who gives a fuck if healthcare is unfundable?

The US was never going to leave Iraq and never ever will. Accept it. The oilfields mean the continued existence of their country. I bet they're itching to get their hands on whatever the Saudis have left too. Watch and wait on that front- "We must stop terrorism at the level of funding, if the Saudi government won't do it, we'll danm well do it for them. The Saudi people must suffer some loss of liberties, for a world safe from terrorists."

But back on topic, I think its disgusting that opinion polls blatantly created by the resource lobby, who managed to sway public opinion (because the dumb fucks repeat whatever is said through the mind control devices spitting out filthy lies in every living room "they took our jahbs!"), creates government. We used to have elections for that. It's a complete failure of democracy, welcome to 1984. The whole system is clearly rotten and I can't blame you for not voting Itchy.

There is no democracy in Australia and there hasn't been for years.
ionized

venatrix wrote :

Sure!

1) write up a list of everything Obama has done since he began his term
2) put a star next to everything that Alex Jones has had a crai about
3) take off the tinfoil hat

Aside from the fact that you seem to know little about US politics or what Obama has or hasn't done, its quite telling that you immediate associate any kind of criticism of Obama and his cabinet with Alex Jones. That's some good cognitive dissonance you've developed there.

I'd also like to point out the inaccuracy of calling a headpiece that is made from aluminum foil, 'tinfoil'. Since, as any garden variety skeptic worth her salt would know, tin has not been used in household foil since 1910. But then I suppose it doesn't roll of the tongue as effortlessly as tinfoil. Hmm.

venatrix wrote :
Also take a minute or two to have a look at our own healthcare policy. It is also bloated, botched, and inefficient - but at least people don't die or go bankrupt because they can't afford basic medical care. Imagine trying to put through a healthcare policy in Australia today if we didn't already have one. It's a miracle Obama even managed to get his through.

Yeah, now imagine that you don't have the option for private healthcare here in Australia and are instead forced into public healthcare. Then you might be getting closer to fact.

It's no miracle that it got through either. The US federal government as it exists today wont be able to afford the unfunded liabilities in a few years time. He's shuffling deckchairs on the titanic and in the long run, it doesn't matter what gets passed because these 'reforms' won't be serviceable. All he has really done is fuck up the private system that was in place by adding government oversight into almost all aspects of the health system. It'll grind to a slow halt and then collapse like most other areas of the US government that are useless and parasitic in nature, unfortunately destroying the private healthcare system in the process. Free health care for all is just as much a fantasy as the rest of the exploitative, unsustainable American dream.

herbsandspices wrote :
They'll be lucky if there is an America as we know it in 2015, the government knows it too so who gives a fuck if healthcare is unfundable?

Yeah nice one Madmax. What.. did they ban thinking in Czech now??
herbsandspices

Do I get an arm mounted crossbow?

You can fly the gyrocopter ionized, or is the steel boomerang more your style?
32 posts Page 1 of 2