Tax evasion, corrupt law enforcement & technology piracy

Current Events, World Discussion, Opinions etc
33 posts Page 1 of 2
venatrix

Pls learn how to paragraph thx.
traveller

once again, internet is just short for "interconnected networks"

pretty shit tho is how obama, senator rockefeller and others keep tryin to
gain control over an internet "kill switch" for "emergency" internet shutdown.

the latest incarnation is the US “Protecting Cyberspace as a National Asset Act of 2010”
which not only tries to declare the entire internet as a national asset of america (wtf!!!!#@$$@&*!)
but would let obama shut down major private american sites (eg google, youtube, msn)
if they decide to declare an emergency, and they also want access to data from major sites
and ISPs to make sure they are "secure" (yeah right!).

we may just have to take over and make our own internets again!
AFemaleChauvinistPig

BINDIGOAT wrote :
Private computer networks were around all over the world long before the internet, many groups traded software & literature & their were countless BBS systems which were used all over the world, their was no monopoly over the technolgy as their is today, for the systems & networks were run by everyday people, for eg: (Drink Or Die) one of the many software trading groups was said to be founded in 1993 in Moscow by a Russian with the handle "deviator" and a friend who went by the code name "CyberAngel." By 1995, the group was global, but this is debatable, it seems they always point the finger at the russians for being involved in dubious schemes, this is just so American corporations can have a monopoly over technology & rip off the world, "accuse the innovators of being russians", actually a Australian from the central coast code name Bandito (Hew Raymond Griffiths) was the head of DOD for many years & he was arrested & extradited to America on suspect charges which breached Australias soverignty to receive a crooked & corrupt 51 month jail term issued by the FBI. This occured when private computer networks known as BBS systems were seen to have too much prevelance around the world, supporters of the American corporate Internet which was just a (illegally pirated copy of earlier BBS networks like Fidonet & Skynet) wanted to push a point that only their network would be known as the global network & their network was of cause called the Internet. Google which is a American Internet company has still not been prosecuted in a court of law for acts of software piracy even though their Internet was built by pirating technology from earlier BBS networks such as Fidonet & Skynet. Google recieved a profit of $23.651 billion dollars in (2009) & all this money was earned illegally. Illegally earned by breaching many countries soverign laws with dubious arrests & court cases, pirateing & stealing technology that was developed by everyday people, in Europe, Australia & even America. Their is 80 billion dollars of unpaid taxes invested in the Isle of mans tax haven banks & their no doubt would be more money invested in Switzerlands tax haven banks & possibly more money invested in Vanuatu in the Pacific Ocean. Over 80 billion dollars of money which is suppose to be taxed hidden in Tax havens, (It is a crime to avoid tax), (and Piracy is a crime as well). Law enforcers should prosecute these companies who seek to invest money in so called tax havens, (why have a taxation system, when their are loopholes in the system). Mobile phone companies pirated BBS technology to use in their handheld mobile phones & they also are avoiding tax & are guilty of software piracy on a vast scale. And companies like google & their many supporters are also guilty of breaching countries soverignty & piracy, googles 23 billion dollars revenue last year was all illegally earned by pirating technology that was around before google & the internet & I would not be surprised if they were avoiding tax & their is no doubt they are avoiding paying royalties to countries governments for pirating these countries citizens technology. In Australia you are expected to drive a modern car, but whats the point when their is no money to maintain roads & other infrastructure, all account of technology piracy & tax evasion. Many mining companies have proclaimed that they will cease operations because of technology piracy & tax evasion.

simon

you're an idiot who doesnt know what they are talking about. just shut up.

you're wrong on nearly every point. you confuse software protocols and software implementations. and what the fuck was Skynet? thats from the fucking terminator movies, there was never anything called skynet in the BBS scene!

BBSes died because they cost so much money to run compared to putting a server up on the net. i know this because i ran an underground bbs for years, was an active node on fidonet and an active member of an ansi art crew, often making shit for the WaReZ groups.

the only point i will conceed is about hew, but, he ran a warez group (i.e. he took it over when the founders stepped down ), what the fuck did he expect? his extradition was bullshit though.
AFemaleChauvinistPig

simon wrote :

you're wrong on nearly every point. you confuse software protocols and software implementations. and what the fuck was Skynet? thats from the fucking terminator movies, there was never anything called skynet in the BBS scene!

BBSes died because they cost so much money to run compared to putting a server up on the net. i know this because i ran an underground bbs for years, was an active node on fidonet and an active member of an ansi art crew, often making shit for the WaReZ groups.

the only point i will conceed is about hew, but, he ran a warez group (i.e. he took it over when the founders stepped down ), what the fuck did he expect? his extradition was bullshit though.

venatrix

AFemaleChauvinistPig wrote :

Pete_Paranoid

venatrix wrote :

You're right! I should start asking promoters to see council D.A. approval, A.B.N. numbers, (including their business registration,) that by rights, every DJ, performer, stallholder, and pretty much everyone who's anyone on the entire site should legally have. It's highly illegal and a travesty on the entire scene. I'm afraid I've let myself become victimised far too much!
AFemaleChauvinistPig

simon wrote :

simon

oh, this is the looney thread. pls, carry on making no sense.
venatrix

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
You're right! I should start asking promoters to see council D.A. approval, A.B.N. numbers, (including their business registration,) that by rights, every DJ, performer, stallholder, and pretty much everyone who's anyone on the entire site should legally have. It's highly illegal and a travesty on the entire scene. I'm afraid I've let myself become victimised far too much!

No dude, you and your creepy alter ego should shut the fuck up and go see a psychiatrist.
solconnection

simon wrote :

hey Simon, thats cool :) i used to run a bbs for a bit too, mum used to get pissed off when someone 'paged' me during dinner and it started playing guns and roses through the PC speaker, she wasn't too fond of the phone line being constantly tied up either :) but i remember the BBS days fondly :) still got any of your ANSI art floating aroond? :)

have a nice day :)
-Dan
simon

solconnection wrote :
simon wrote :

hey Simon, thats cool :) i used to run a bbs for a bit too, mum used to get pissed off when someone 'paged' me during dinner and it started playing guns and roses through the PC speaker, she wasn't too fond of the phone line being constantly tied up either :) but i remember the BBS days fondly :) still got any of your ANSI art floating aroond? :)

have a nice day :)
-Dan

haha lucky for me the pc was in my bedroom and i couldnt hear it durning dinner or i'd face the wrath of my mum for not eating dinner

bbs days were fun, much more fun than net days, felt more like a community...

I did find some of the old fORCE art packs online a few years ago, but i cant find them at home. i think they're on scene.org... artist name was budd, group was fORCE, if you want to check them out.
herbsandspices

Pete_Paranoid wrote :

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you only need an ABN if you need to register for GST, i.e. if your business turns over more than $75,000.00 PA for an enteprise, and $150,000.00 for a non-profit org, so unless psytrance has started making a lot more money lately it's probably still travesty free at this stage.
Pete_Paranoid

herbsandspices wrote :
Pete_Paranoid wrote :

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you only need an ABN if you need to register for GST, i.e. if your business turns over more than $75,000.00 PA for an enteprise, and $150,000.00 for a non-profit org, so unless psytrance has started making a lot more money lately it's probably still travesty free at this stage.

And you said you were a professional...
rofl

Your statement is wrong and over-simplyfied!

"The only instance in which you don’t need to register a business name is if you intend to conduct business under your own name. (e.g. your first name or initials and surname). "

"ABN
An ABN is a unique 11 digit identifying number that businesses use when dealing with other businesses. Registering for an ABN is not compulsory, however you must have an ABN to register for GST."
http://www.smallbusinesshq.com.au/factsheet/11949-Business-Registration-and-Licensing-Fact-Sheet.htm

A DJ is sole trader, therefore you need to register your business name. Sorry dude but you fail at accountancy and business management.
Pete_Paranoid

venatrix wrote :
Pete_Paranoid wrote :

No dude, you and your creepy alter ego should shut the fuck up and go see a psychiatrist.

Computer says no.
venatrix

Well you sure have owned us Pete!

Keep devouring youtube and having a massive crai, it's sure working for you so far.
itchytriggerniggerfingers

I find it rather ironic, that a thread titled "technology piracy" is being commented on by someone trying to impersonate someone else :roll:
herbsandspices

Hi Pete,

You are quite wrong. You stated that you need an ABN legally to work on site at a party and you should demand them.

ABNs have nothing to do with business registration, and are to do with GST registration. It's a completely seperate process and requirement, though you need to tell one of changes to the other when making arrangements for both, if you need to.

Your cut and paste is misleading and incorrect. I stand by my earlier comment, which may still be wrong (and is open to correction), I've never practised in tax and would not ever call myself a tax professional.

I hope that you enjoy being the expert at everything though, google sure is good for that.
tract

herbsandspices wrote :
Hi Pete,

You are quite wrong. You stated that you need an ABN legally to work on site at a party and you should demand them.

ABNs have nothing to do with business registration, and are to do with GST registration. It's a completely seperate process and requirement, though you need to tell one of changes to the other when making arrangements for both, if you need to.

Your cut and paste is misleading and incorrect. I stand by my earlier comment, which may still be wrong (and is open to correction), I've never practised in tax and would not ever call myself a tax professional.

Yes, as quoted above. You are completely and entirely correct herbsandspices :)
Pete_Paranoid

tract wrote :
herbsandspices wrote :
Hi Pete,

Yes, as quoted above. You are completely and entirely correct herbsandspices :)

Thanks for that!
Pete_Paranoid

I have a ABN and business registration and I first applied for business registration whilst attending a small business course I enrolled for through Centrelink. In addition my Father was a tax advisor for the ATO in his semi-retirement. Along with my personal tax claim, I have claimed every business expense and income since the business started back in 2003. Hate me all you want, but it does not change the facts, and I have been ripped off and lied too that much I have got to a point I am beyond caring. Tax evasion is a federal offence and is not only stealing from yourself it is stealing from your country.
It was my generation that started this scene.
Gen y while been the most altruistic generation yet, is also the most arrogant.

Midlife Crisis by Faith No More

Go on and wring my neck
Like when a rag gets wet
A little discipline
For my pet genius
My head is like lettuce
Go on dig your thumbs in
I cannot stop giving
I'm thirty-something

Sense of security
Like pockets jingling
Midlife crisis
Suck ingenuity
Down through the family tree

You're perfect, yes, it's true
But without me you're only you
Your menstruating heart
It ain't bleedin' enough for two
It's a midlife crisis...

What an inheritance
The salt and the kleenex
Morbid self attention
Bending my pinky back
A little discipline
A donor by habit
A little discipline
Rent an opinion
Sense of security
Holding blunt instrument
It's a midlife crisis
I'm a perfectionist
And perfect is a skinned knee

You're perfect, yes, it's true
But without me you're only you
Your menstruating heart
It ain't bleedin' enough for two
It's a midlife crisis...
Last edited by Pete_Paranoid on Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
venatrix

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
I have been ripped off and lied too that much I have got to a point I am beyond caring.

Does that mean you will stop posting endless threads and comments about it now?
AFemaleChauvinistPig

venatrix

I don't watch television.
Marsoups

venatrix wrote :
Pete_Paranoid wrote :
I have been ripped off and lied too that much I have got to a point I am beyond caring.

Does that mean you will stop posting endless threads and comments about it now?

Sounds to me like Pete will be posting even more topics like that ;)

Pete man, your being a 'nigger' for letting the system get the better of you and demoralizing you. What you feed into the system is on par with what the system will deliver back to you..
Just think of it as you become wiser to peoples, rather than not caring. Even your thoughts are enough substance that could bring stuff back into the community, and at the end of the day, most 'normal' people do care.

People are also on one level after their own ends. If you have decided that you do not care no more, then you are letting everyone down and thus turn into something that people wouldn't wanna be around... You are worth more than that alright, you need to work on some stuff. Do yourself a favour.

Maybe needs more thought and less emotion attached to some situations.
33 posts Page 1 of 2