Satanism and Modern Culture

Current Events, World Discussion, Opinions etc
120 posts Page 5 of 5
tract

Anyway, back to synchronicity... people also misuse the word because they're afraid to use the word telepathy. Like, a couple of weeks ago my sister, who is on the other side of the world, baked cinamon scrolls for the first time. At the very same moment as she was baking, I was eating a cinamon scroll, probably for the first time in about five years.

wat.

Does Ionized know about this ?

:mrgreen:
kayhat

venatrix wrote :
fnarky wrote :
Oh, and one thing Venatrix - about that word, "synchronicity"... yes it's very much maligned. Artists whoise work mirrors current events, well thatr's metaphor - even if it's unintended. Like, Tolkein claimed that despite writing the Lord of the Rings during WWII, it was in no way metaphorical. Well perhaps! But it's hard to imagine that world events had no bearning on his psyche at the time of writing.

Anyway, back to synchronicity... people also misuse the word because they're afraid to use the word telepathy. Like, a couple of weeks ago my sister, who is on the other side of the world, baked cinamon scrolls for the first time. At the very same moment as she was baking, I was eating a cinamon scroll, probably for the first time in about five years.

Now I admit that's a lame example of telepathy. One could easily brush it off as coincidence, and an atheist such as yourself might be extra keen to do so. But there is more to our minds and souls than you may fathom, and you may one day realise that absolute lack of faith blinds a person to their own potential and many other things besides.

If we were living in the 1970s I would have been right there with you. The most advanced thinking on the subject was Edward Hall's "The Silent Language". And as true and important as that book may have been, we have come a long way since then. And I don't mean t'intenernets.

:atom:

Do you attribute a deeper meaning or spiritual significance to the cinnamon scroll event?

Wow, that's really weird, I was just reading your text then and next thing I know, I'm thinking about what a bitch you are!

Funny thing, these co-incidences...
fnarky

Aw, you folks are funny. And so cute. Like a button. And easy to press.
MotherShabubu

fnarky wrote :

Ah, good to see someone not just using the forum to boost their own self worth but rather trying to start or continue an interesting debate rather than just abusing people or making posts to incite people to respond in a certain way (like with purported 'arguments against') so as to make the poster feel superior because people responded as the poster thought they would showing the poster has a much better grasp of the true situation.
fnarky

So what about those Aghori, eh? Crazy!
FeralBrown

fnarky wrote :

:killah:

Fnarky- would you attribute any deeper deeper meaning or spiritual significance to the predictability (*oh, sorry... "practical inevitibility of outcome" for the scienticians*) of Australiens?

;)
FeralBrown

MotherShabubu wrote :
fnarky wrote :

Ah, good to see someone not just using the forum to boost their own self worth but rather trying to start or continue an interesting debate rather than just abusing people or making posts to incite people to respond in a certain way (like with purported 'arguments against') so as to make the poster feel superior because people responded as the poster thought they would showing the poster has a much better grasp of the true situation.

Can we put this in as an auto-correct when people use the phrase "... my point."?
Please?

K... back to my dull slumber.
venatrix

BINDIGOAT wrote :
Their are many old pagan Gods, remember Pagan means not jewish, christian or muslim where they believe in one God, paganism is all about believing in many Gods.

Incorrect. 'Pagan' is a term historically used by Christians to describe people who believe in non-Christian gods or religious practices and usually has pejorative connotations.

Polytheism refers to religions with more than one god, as opposed to monotheism which refers to a religion which has a single god.
kayhat

You got that off wikipedia.
venatrix

Last edited by venatrix on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
venatrix

Last edited by venatrix on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kayhat

venatrix wrote :
kayhat wrote :
You got that off wikipedia.

In what way? Do you mean I didn't know this information previously, however after reading this post I looked up Wikipedia whereupon I discovered a wealth of knowledge regarding mythology and religion?

I knew that'd get a reaction! :mrgreen:

Don't hate on Wikipedia, yo! 8)
herbsandspices

You know, you really had me up until the satan born as skynet from Terminator part.

Nice trollbait.
FeralBrown

so... fucking... broken...

It's awesome... do go on! :D
Marsoups

Hmmm
rollyz

Until....? You havn't sold that sword and cloak on ebay have you?
venatrix

Best of luck Anthony, I hope it works out for you.
venatrix

BINDIGOAT wrote :
Their is always two sides to a story . . .

Their is always two sides to history . . .

[EOF] End of File

viewtopic.php?p=185353#p185353

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=17235&p=184718#p184718

There are
bobret the hobret

synthz wrote :
venatrix wrote :

Have you considered a career in politics Christian? It seems the bar has been set!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hahahah wtf!! that woman is insane. I should watch more of question time..

*considers a career in politics*
fnarky

And so it ends, with hardly a tear.
You were right, Feral.
Smoke signals.
It's all we have from here on in.
And beer.
120 posts Page 5 of 5