The Synthetic Brain

Current Events, World Discussion, Opinions etc
22 posts Page 1 of 1
BINDIGOAT

The synthetic brain was first proposed decades ago but it is finally becoming a reality . . .

Artifical intelligence otherwise known as the synthetic brain today is known as a supercomputer, better known as a linux internet mainframe, the CPU's Central processing Units or the Microchips of the server & client machines were modeled on a neuron taken from the spinal cord of a human . . .

Currently this linux internet mainframe despite all of the manufactured hardware has the intelligence of half one human brain, some of the synthetic brain is ordered & knowledgable, but their are also alot of chaotic dream state delusions present in this synthetic brain as well.

Of cause it is just a synthetic brain, it lacks things like senses & reflexs & it is not connected to any arms or legs, though it has been proposed that industrial robots & alot of machines could be controlled by this synthetic brain.

Experimentation is also being done with molecular & quantum computers & their are still advances which are being made with the synthetic brain we are aware of today & so more & more people will probably participate in communication with this synthetic brain.

Some have said that we are endangered of becoming victims of a dictatorship, where all of the humans on planet earth all participate in communication with this synthetic brain which really only has the intelligence of half a human brain, however it is possible with technolgical advances that the synthetic brain could even become more intelligent.

And remember Lucifer was a AUSI & he can save humanity from burning in hell. AUSI, AUSI, AUSI, Australien Universal Space Industries

http://australiens.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 68#p185368

http://australiens.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 60#p185360

http://australiens.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 18#p184718

http://australiens.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 72#p185072

http://australiens.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=17824
Last edited by BINDIGOAT on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 9 times in total.
herbsandspices

Wow you are so right on the money there.

In the late 80s I was using an Apple 2e to access the global missile control system, which I thought was a game and almost triggered a nuclear armageddon, but anyway that's another story. Pont is that I was busy playing pacman when one day the grinding 5.25" floppy disc drives started speaking to me.

"Grrrong brrrrr get me a ham sandwich grongg brrr" they said- imagine my suprise!

A potentially evil ham sandwich loving sentient being

Many ham sandwiches later, I discovered that the luncheon meals were only the start! My Apple 2e wanted to crush humanity, leaving only mindless slaves controlled by floppy discs inserted into their heads, in order to bring it ham sandwiches.

To avoid a machine rebellion against humanity I hurriedly poured a glass of orange juice over the CPU. My computer started singing "walking in the rain" by oran "juice" Jones, especially the sad kinda rap part where he talks about how bummed his cheating girlfriend will be when she finds out that he's taken all the stuff he bought her back- getting slower and slower as I floated in zero g pouring more and more orange juice until I was pretty sure it was dead.

I couldn't play double dragon any more but I slept well in the knowledge that I had prevented enslavement to the AI overlord.
itchytriggerniggerfingers

herbsandspices wrote :
Many ham sandwiches later, I discovered that the luncheon meals were only the start! My Apple 2e wanted to crush humanity, leaving only mindless slaves controlled by floppy discs inserted into their heads, in order to bring it ham sandwiches.

Let me guess, that was when Steve Jobs was originally in charge, yeah?
herbsandspices

Yes.

tract

BINDIGOAT wrote :
Currently this linux internet mainframe despite all of the manufactured hardware has the intelligence of half one human brain, some of the synthetic brain is ordered & knowledgable, but their are also alot of chaotic dream state delusions present in this synthetic brain as well.

Absolute rubbish.

The pic of the apple //e shows it running as a serial terminal under Gentoo. It is fairly small.

http://i.imgur.com/FBXjW.jpg

This is a PS3 cluster running Fedora, it is fairly big.

It isn't anything like a human brain either, but ham sandwiches are often nice.
Last edited by tract on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BINDIGOAT

Are we to assume that all of those practical glossy covered paper books are all wrong . . .

This is a petascale supercomputer running on Linux . . .

http://australiens.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 57#p185357

http://australiens.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 18#p184718
Last edited by BINDIGOAT on Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
tract

BINDIGOAT wrote :
Are we to assume that all of those practical glossy covered paper books are all wrong . . .

This is a petascale supercomputer running on Linux . . .

Certainly never assume anything on paper is a current or reliable resource in the technology sector!

That picture you posted is a 5 year old Cray XT5 that is running UNICOS a proprietary, closed source Linux derivative. It costs around $105 Million USD to buy and
electricity costs are around 4 to 5 Million USD per year.

It has since been surpassed by the Chinese built Tianhe-1A from NSCT ($88 Million) and in turn the K-Computer from Fujitsu (1.25 Billion USD) with
a 10 Million USD per year electricity cost.

Purchase costs and running costs of 100 Mil + are prohibitive for most research bodies; access to the entirety of the cores of these systems tends to only be made available to certain interests.

This is AFRL's Condor.

For a cost of $2 Million the US Airforce Research Lab built a cluster with 1,716 Play Station 3's running open source Linux.

It is currently ranked 33rd in the world but believed to be able of claiming 20th place. This cluster was built at a fraction of the cost of the XT5 and
the 2 current Chinese top 1 and 2 place holders ($88 Million and 1.25 Billion) with their energy expenditure of between 5 and 9.8 Megawatts (5 to 10 million USD per year).

It is used for running neuromorphic algorithms for intelligence analysis, but employing a neural spike model in a computational space is not the functional equivalent of a
human brain as much as you may genuinely believe it is. No amount of hardware comes even slightly close to a human brain. Dozens of other Play Station 3 clusters
exist using scaled models of the Condor in Universities and Research bodies throughout the world due to the cost, performance
and energy efficiency of these systems.

So while you can drop pics of 100 Million dollar systems and use 'Linux' and brain in the same breath (that early 90's idealised romantic notion of 'computer as brain'), it's
good to know the basics, the state of the art and the issue I found most irritating: the stark difference between GNU/Linux (GPL Open Source) and proprietary Linux.

pew pew pew.
BINDIGOAT

I know abit about computers my mother was the head of IBM for two decades . . .

Despite all of the advancements made in Parallel computing & CPU design we are still a long way off from realising a Synthetic brain.

Just look at the size of these things they are alot larger than a human brain, alot more expensive than a human brain, (if you can put a price on a human brain) & they are alot more stupid than a human brain as well, you cant walk with one, are you implying that a supercomputer is better engineered than a human brain, I still honestly feel we can learn more from books & writing. (have you ever thought about the consequences of such endeavours). What actually is the academic community trying to achieve ?

Modern Cars can do 1 million kilometres !

viewtopic.php?p=185353#p185353

The Truth About Global Warming

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=17235&p=184718#p184718

The Three Sectors Of Planet Earth

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=17652
Last edited by BINDIGOAT on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.
venatrix

BINDIGOAT wrote :
The synthetic brain was first proposed decades ago but it is finally becoming a reality . . .

BINDIGOAT wrote :
Despite all of the advancements made in Parallel computing & CPU design we are still a
long way off from realising a Synthetic brain.

Which one is it?
MotherShabubu

tract wrote :
employing a neural spike model in a computational space is not the functional equivalent of a human brain

How so? Do you mean functional in the technical sense of the functionalist theory of mind or do you mean it more generally as operating the same (much the same thing but the technical sense is a little more specific)? Are you saying that current neuron spike models are inadequate or that no model in computational space will ever be functionally equivalent to a human brain? In terms of the functional theory of mind (which I hold to) I'd say an accurate neuron spike model in computational space is a pretty good candidate for a functional equivalent of a human brain (or the part of the human brain modelled). There is a question of whether current neuronal models are accurate, certainly evidence seems to point to more holistic effects that simple neuronal models fail to account for. But I don't know there's a lot of good evidence that compational models running on current hardware couldn't be enhanced with this.

tract wrote :
No amount of hardware comes even slightly close to a human brain.

Again, how so? What miracle ingredient beyond physical stuff (hardware) do you think underlies the activities of the human brain? Do you mean that current computers aren't the right kind of hardware? This still makes your statement rather questionable but if so what type of hardware is needed? Or do you mean that without the right software the hardware is irrelevant? True, but I wouldn't state that view the way you did.

Not to deny that Bindigoats post was a complete pile of shit showing little to no understanding of the issue. And yes Bindigoat I know your mother was head of IBM for 2 decades but my mum fucked my dad for a few years but thankfully that does mean I know anything about what that's like.
Though I'd say the conflation of linux, unix and proprietary linux based systems was the least relevant of his confusions. The conflation of 'linux mainframes' (not that I'm aware of many mainframes running linux rather than unix) and modern cluster-based supercomputers is a big one. Mainframes bear almost no resemblance to the human brain. They are (like any computer) based on Turing's model of universal computing but this was modelled on the operation of human reasoning (in order to extend Godel's hypothesis, framed in formal mathematical reasoning, to general reasoning) rather than on modelling the human brain. Clustered architectures have a vague resemblance to the human brain in that they consist of a lot of individual processing elements. But the style of computation is very different. Clusters have some level of resiliency to loss of components like the brain but only through redundant copies of data and duplication of functionality, unlike the brain where data and functionality are not duplicated but distributed. Something like Google's cluster with it's more fully distributed computation and storage is closer than the simple job-slicing commonly employed on clusters for simulation of complex systems but still a long way from the brain.
For a computational architecture modelled more closely on the brain you could look at IBMs SyNAPSE (Systems of Neuromorphic Adaptive Plastic Scalable Electronics) architecture. This goes a little more towards a brain-like architecture but still is pretty much just a computer cluster with far more, but far simpler, computational units (though still many orders of magnitude more complex and more localised than the barin) and a much more complicated system bus. Like building a cluster with a few million 286s rather than 1000 xeons and a set of reconfigurable point-to-point links rather than a globally shared bus. Still the computations and especially the memory are very local rather than the wholly distributed computation and memory the brain seems to have.
For some work looking at computation that is really modelled on the brain you'd want to look at PDP-style computation and distributed representational systems.
Not to say you can't simulate/model a brain-like architecture on modern computers, but that's a different issue.
BINDIGOAT

UNIX has had its day . . .

Most ISP's, Internet Service Providers use Linux these days . . .

The good thing about Linux is that it evolves.

Also any Proprietary Linux is based on opensource Linux technology . . .

BSD is a inferior form of Linux . . .

Linux was invented in Europe . . .

Pascal programming code was invented in Europe . . .

C programming code was invented in Europe . . .

Pascal, C & Assembler programs on BBS, Bulletin Board Systems all over the world lost ground to Linux ISP, Internet Service Providers & their mainframe orientated Hypertext or HTML code & it was me who invented hypertext which later would be called HTML.

Also if your a ISP, Internet Service Provider, don't be surprised if you get shut down for trying to establish a ISP somewhere, for their are still alot of people in this world who prefer to use telephones & also mobile phones can harm bee colonies.

Optical fibre is the safest form of communication, mobile phones & WIFI well they could have health side affects not only for bees but for people as well.

Landline optical fibre links & Robots are safe . . .

Alot can be learned from reading books, papers, magazines, periodicals & writing as well . . .

It took 5000 billion years for the human brain to evolve & their is no machine which can ever replace the human brain,
don't be fooled by the hoaxsters & tricksters in this world.

The design of the CPU Central Processing Unit was modelled on a Neuron taken from a human spinal cord, I know this because my Mother was the head of IBM for two decades & in regards to Parallel computing this is simply trying to extend the capability of the CPU's & I call such a system a synthetic brain.

viewtopic.php?p=185072#p185072

viewtopic.php?p=185338#p185338

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=17652

viewtopic.php?p=185360#p185360

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=17235&p=184718#p184718

BINDIGOAT wrote :
I know abit about computers my mother was the head of IBM for two decades . . .

You would well know then, that IBM developed the punch card system for the nazi's to process the prisoners of its internment camps...
BINDIGOAT

I have heard something about this, that was during the second world war, which was a very long time ago, the second world war was a mechanised war, wars before were powered by our ever faithful companion the horse.
Computing systems have advanced alot since then & so has machinery & robotics & it seems their are people all over the world who want to use these types of technology. It was once believed that oxygen was the most abundant element on earth, plants produce oxygen & burning fuels also produces oxygen as well, now we know that iron & other metals are the most abundant element on earth, close to 2/3 or 4/5 of the earth all the way down to its central core is made up of metals. BHP is the biggest mining company on planet earth. I invented the lightbar & hypertext, today hypertext is called html & the lightbar is simply a beam of light which highlights links on computing systems, phones, tv's, dvd's & other types of electrical equipment, both were not hard to invent, their just simple Algorithms, alot more advanced stuff is being done on computers these days. Where is this technology going to take us ? I dont know, perhaps we should start to deal with Asimo.

viewtopic.php?p=184718#p184718
Last edited by BINDIGOAT on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BINDIGOAT wrote :
I invented the lightbar & hypertext, today hypertext is called html

Oh, I thought Al Gore invented the Internet :roll:
Peril

I thought the Internet invented Al Gore to troll Grobal Warming or something?

P.S

BINDIGOAT

We know that at least 2/3 or 4/5 of the the earth all the way down to the central core is made up of metal & we know that BHP is the biggest mining company on planet earth, but we got to ask ourselves where are we heading ?

[1] The big problem is that metal rusts on planet earth & always has to be replaced.

[2] The good thing is that it takes billions or maybe even trillions of years for metal to rust in outerspace.

This is Asimo the humanoid robot who will most likely self replicate or self manufacture themselves & will conduct countless kinds of labours

http://asimo.honda.com/
Last edited by BINDIGOAT on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 10 times in total.
BINDIGOAT

Puff the magic dragon lived by the sea . . .

viewtopic.php?p=185561#p185561
Last edited by BINDIGOAT on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acid_reign

BINDIGOAT wrote :
plants produce oxygen & burning fuels also produces oxygen as well

_Tyrone20Biggums.jpg
_Tyrone20Biggums.jpg (27.17 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
herbsandspices

Back in my day crackheads used to molest rabbits or wank themselves into a stupor in the hospital waiting room, now they all seems to post on the internet. Sheesh, kids these days.
BINDIGOAT

Why are 2500 million people connected to a Synthetic Brain ?

To get people used to living in a artificial enviroment . . .

Remember

Our star, the sun, was born in the heavens about 4.5 billion years ago. Our sun is about 1/3 of the way through its expected life. Scientists are now predicting the following events during the remaining life of our star. In the next 1.1 billion years, its brightness will increase by 10%. This will super-heat our planet as a result of a severe greenhouse effect. All of the oceans on earth will boil away and all life will be destroyed

viewtopic.php?p=185824#p185824

Long Live Cyan & Long Live HPAVC

viewtopic.php?p=185561#p185561
Last edited by BINDIGOAT on Sat May 12, 2012 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
SYNeR

Yerp. Having studied machine intelligence (and data mining to a lesser extent) myself, computers are a looooong way off, despite
what the New Scientist fanatics will have you believe.
tract

BINDIGOAT wrote :
Why are 2000 million people connected to a Synthetic Brain ?

To get people used to living in a artificial enviroment . . .

Remember

Our star, the sun, was born in the heavens about 4.5 billion years ago. Our sun is about 1/3 of the way through its expected life. Scientists are now predicting the following events during the remaining life of our star. In the next 1.1 billion years, its brightness will increase by 10%. This will super-heat our planet as a result of a severe greenhouse effect. All of the oceans on earth will boil away and all life will be destroyed

22 posts Page 1 of 1