what do you think happened to the soldier dude?

Current Events, World Discussion, Opinions etc
12 posts Page 1 of 1
flurohero

ive been enjoying the double<and quadruple> talk involving that soldier dude who alledgedly shot himself in iraq,it now seems tobe another freakey spin doktor cover up .
what do you think happened?any crazy story will beconsidered.

Apegod

Love triangle gone wrong so they eliminated one of the sides.

flurohero

yeah,theyve got guns and attitudes and people who kill for money and agro drugs and spin doktors.
a simpler bullshit story would have had more cred.the multiple cover ups makes it soundwell sinister!

herbsandspices

I think he was shot by an american, and that's why they had to cover it up.

flashfire

I think he shot himself in the head deliberately. I think his mental health, as a direct result of being in Iraq (isolation, pointlessness etc), was negatively effected and, most importantly, obvious to those around him. I think there is a cover up in this regard because it is likely the chain of command was aware of his suicidal state and chose to do nothing about it because, 1) he would be difficult to replace as a skilled combatant cos our Army is pretty much purely ornamental, 2) it would set a precedent they don't want to deal with. Far easier to let him do his thing, give him a state funeral, than to open up the can of Mental Health Worms for all soldiers serving over there.

just my opinion.

http://www.bulletin.ninemsn.com.au/bull ... 6100038B1D

I like how the defence minister commented that to speculate over the nature of this man's death is inherently disrespectful. Clever way to get middle Australia to shut up - by making it taboo.
Last edited by flashfire on Wed May 03, 2006 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rolly

Nahhh, the thre guys were playing Iraqi Roulett.

The way you play Russian Roulett is with one shot and a revolver pistol. The way you play Iraqi Roulet is with one shot and a spring loaded magazeen browning pistol.

He got first draw to play.

Think about it...

:twisted:

Muss

A soldier trained in weapons should be wise enough to unload his gun before cleaning it, especially before pointing the barrel towards him and squeezing the trigger.

I can't believe whoever made up that story expected people to believe it!

rolly

^^^ A soldier is trained just so... I cant believe the biggest dumbest Pinokio lie/cover up I have ever heard. Who ever made that up should be sacked!!

flurohero

there was a bit that said he didnt have powder burns on his head so the gun was a bit further away than do it yourself distance.

the army isnt improving its popularity as a positive career choice<apart from being a bit like scouts>.

bobret the hobret

Muss wrote :
A soldier trained in weapons should be wise enough to unload his gun before cleaning it, especially before pointing the barrel towards him and squeezing the trigger.

I can't believe whoever made up that story expected people to believe it!

yeh, might be believable if it was an american though..

i'm not sure what to make of all this - certainly there is something amiss

flurohero

lots of american war corpses do have theholes in the back.
i wonder if they still smuggle smack in the stomachs of cadavers<vietnam profiteer sceme>?

briandubb

Mike Carlton (Sydney radio man with some of his brain and conscience still intact) wrote last weekend in the SMH that the same bullshit story was told to a vietnam vet's family 30 years ago when he died in Vietnam. His file is still classified.

The army needs a new spin doctor, quickly.
12 posts Page 1 of 1