Looking for Turbosound/Funktion-one Dealers in Australia

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
16 posts Page 1 of 1
Total Confusion

Dear ppl of australia hello,

It will mean a grate deal to us if you can point us to
a good Turbosound or Funktion-one Rental Service in Australia...

We are planing to make a friendly Psy event and we dont know ho
deals with thes soundsystems in Australia.

Thanks...
jaimz

Total Confusion wrote :

Thanks...

http://www.funktion-one.com.au/contact.html
http://www.funktion-one.com/users.htm

What location are you in?

If you're in Victoria, you're in luck. Simon Ishtar has an awesome system and I cannot recommend his system or the man himself enough - a pleasure to deal with. The head of Funktion One in Australia, John O'Donnell (also in Melbourne), is helpful and informative - if you can't find Simon, John can help you out. There is also Andy who has the red bus who also has an F1 system.

However if you're in Sydney, it's not so easy. Norwest have one but when I last asked them they pretty much took the piss ($9k for 24 boxes for one night, from memory). If you're on the North Coast NSW or Queensland I think Norwest have an office there too and they might have a Funktion One up there but again, it involves dealing with Norwest.

raptor

Heya

Another top of the line brand to consider is EAW and specifically their AVALON series. If you want the contact of the eaw dealer send me a private message.
Vile dellusions

Total Confusion wrote :

Thanks...

where are looking to rent from?? IE: what state??
There are a few NEW TurboSound systems going about....
Pro light & Sounds in Victora
Production Dungeon in Queensland
?????
pm me if you would like any further details about TURBOSOUND....

jaimz

In my opinion - and these are always subjective - the newer Turbosound systems are not as good as the older ones. This is mostly because AKG bought out Turbosound in the early 90s and applied a more corporate, economical approach to their production - this is when Tony Andrews left to begin Funktion One.

I would take an EAW over a Turbosound any day. But I'd take a Funktion One over EAW. I'm not sure what I'd take between EAW and Nexo Alpha, possibly the EAW but it would probably depend on bang for the buck. Actually Nexo mid highs (in a flying line array) and EAW subs would make for a mean system. That's what I have in my bedroom. Wait, no, sorry, I have a twenty year old Sanyo clock radio. I'm always getting those confused.

Vile dellusions

jaimz wrote :
In my opinion - and these are always subjective - the newer Turbosound systems are not as good as the older ones. This is mostly because AKG bought out Turbosound in the early 90s and applied a more corporate, economical approach to their production - this is when Tony Andrews left to begin Funktion One.

I would take an EAW over a Turbosound any day. But I'd take a Funktion One over EAW. I'm not sure what I'd take between EAW and Nexo Alpha, possibly the EAW but it would probably depend on bang for the buck. Actually Nexo mid highs (in a flying line array) and EAW subs would make for a mean system. That's what I have in my bedroom. Wait, no, sorry, I have a twenty year old Sanyo clock radio. I'm always getting those confused.

i agree EAW all the way!!!!!!!!! always love the EAW gear!!!
but TURBOSOUNDS new TA-880 series and the TA-890 are very tasty rigs!!! they have the nice polyhorn technology!!
but yeah id got the EAW!!! i think its the 850 that i like? :P cant remeber the seriese name...
some ppl arguee that the new EAW rigs (i think the 850's) arent as good for electronic music as the oldder one's (the 750 or something ike that??)
does anyone have any opions or anything they could give me???

Recommended Solutions

I reckon you get KV2, i reckon it shits on all the other stuff and if you wanna go one step further, get the KV2 VHD series....

Vile dellusions

Recommended Solutions wrote :
I reckon you get KV2, i reckon it shits on all the other stuff and if you wanna go one step further, get the KV2 VHD series....

yeah u know i like the kv2 baby but i havent seen it performe like some of the rigs mentioned here... but that is only due to my lack of exposure to it, and its use n large crowds!!!!

Pete_Paranoid

IMHO, the quality you get from a p.a. will depend on the location and it's sound design for what you are using it for. i think the best way to see the difference between p.a. is on a graph.

Personally i would go to somewhere like Norwest http://www.norwestproductions.com/ (who did sound for the Olympics in Sydney and overseas) as they have a broad range of systems and experience to cater for what you best need.

I also hire a p.a. system, please contact me if you want further information.

p.a. - science more than an art
lighting and djing - art more than a science

brainstorma

you know im nto a fan of the KV2's
there ok when there new btu once they been used a bit they lose there oomf

the function one still keeps that beautiful sound for much longer

and there bass bins are amazing (big enough to climb inside of)
can see you doing that with a kv2 sub

there is also the master blaster system up in SE queensland which has brought havok to dance flors in SE qld and NNSW as well

Recommended Solutions

brainstorma wrote :

you know im nto a fan of the KV2's
there ok when there new btu once they been used a bit they lose there oomf

the function one still keeps that beautiful sound for much longer

and there bass bins are amazing (big enough to climb inside of)
can see you doing that with a kv2 sub

there is also the master blaster system up in SE queensland which has brought havok to dance flors in SE qld and NNSW as well
Kv2 dont loose their oomph, we have been using them for over 4 yrs and have not heard one sub that has lost its 'oomph'

Vile dellusions

brainstorma wrote :

i believe that is the mega blast and thats a eaw system.....i think.. :P

Pete_Paranoid

Megablast system is a 50k EAW, sweet for what is a Mackie. (See my review of EarthFreq2.) By the way they have really nice outboard racks and mixing equipment in the truck too. You gotta love lots of flashing LED!

There are lots of systems in sydney, Mason's surround sound, REGEN's db...

Whist I was working as a Stagehand I the heard the JANDS system shake the SEC. Lots of nice castors so you can slam it in the semi quick!

Pete_Paranoid

Problem solved!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Total Confusion

Thanks evrybody.This info will help me alot.
any more info will be grate...

Cheers :D :D :D
Kaneda

jaimz wrote :
If you're on the North Coast NSW or Queensland I think Norwest have an office there too and they might have a Funktion One up there but again, it involves dealing with Norwest.

If you were in Brisbane you could just utilise the MegaBlast... And yeah, most of the funktion 1 (even the stuff at Melb. parties) is from Norwest Brisbane.
16 posts Page 1 of 1