Phantasmagorical - Newcastle

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
60 posts Page 1 of 3
Recommended Solutions

OMG how phat was that!!!!!! that dance floor was goin off!

Too tired to say anything... will have more to say after sleep :shock:

FUKIN PHAT SHIT

SYNeR

Definitely!

Was one of those parties where the tiredness & soreness are just reminders of a great night had :D

I kept glancing around the dance floor at different times, and it continued to amaze me how crazy it really was.

But for now, sleep :shock:

Bounce

YEAHFKNSHIT!

Had a really AWSUM time :D Excellant work Chris and Crew!
Dancefloor was going off - even at 1pm (which is about when I left) it was still pumpin:) RAZ - you rock my dancing world - great set yet again, Yobi and Kaneda were the other standouts for me though the music was consitantly PHAT throught out the day and night and anytime I tuned into it - I was in my own little world for a bulk of the party if you know what I mean..... :wink:
Saw a couple of cop cars drivin up the dirt road when I was leavin so I hope there wasn't any trouble.....
Think that's all I can muster for now.....at work now and it's sure going to be a loooong day :( (totally worth it though :D :D)

ps audio feed from the stage to the door = stroke of pure genius chris!

Zentient

Yeah awesome party - Kaneda you're my hewo... :wink:

But what happened with all those cops?? I saw a fire truck and everything...

Forjen

Zentient wrote :
Yeah awesome party - Kaneda you're my hewo... :wink:

But what happened with all those cops?? I saw a fire truck and everything...

Unfortunately they just told everyone to leave . Think that was 12.30 ish

Lord Shekinah

Oh my God. That was the BEST. It taylored to all my dark psy interests and more. PAWANA, Raz, Kaneda, Dica vs Gigawatt, Psyanide vs Daheen, Abuse. PAWANA was my favourite and then Raz, but the others were brilliant too.
I tranced out mass hard.
The lighting & visuals were great, a full trippy atmosphere, great interactions. My friendships have grown deeper. Thanks Bellie, Vando, Chris and all the rest of you mad bastards and girls who I care about.
Kok (Pawana) gave me a bundle of cds. I am so grateful. Amoung them was LOOMEY TUNES by Brain Busters 2007, and WORLD BRIDGER by Goa Gil and the others that I will announce once once experienced. Loomey Toons is the best dark psychedelic music I've heard; totally and utterly worthy. Every track is of the highest mind blowing quality.
I lost a small plain black jumper, it's thin and soft to the touch. If someone picked it up notify me and bring it to the next doof.
That three drops of liquid magic that I had at 4:30 Sunday afternoon was so exquisite and brought such beauty and wonder to that awesome sunset and journey home. I didn't get to sleep until midnight; too enthralled.
Last edited by Lord Shekinah on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ATREYU

Congrats Chris for the excellent party.

That was the best dancefloor i've seen all year, it reassured me that our scene is still well and truly alive and kickin.
The music was top notch from start to finish. "Tripy" was my favourite, fully sick goa melodies taking me exactly where i want to go. That drunken sailor track during Shaun and Dave's set was brilliant. Psyllium's set was awesome aswell, i'd really like to know what artists and labels you were playing.
Perfect weather, perfect party. Pity the nazis stopped our fun.

I pray that Sugarloaf does not become out of bounds as it was pretty much the last secure haven for no hassles parties.

Peace***

Daheen

ATREYU wrote :
That drunken sailor track during Shaun and Dave's set was brilliant.

Thanks mate, that was one of my own new creations :)

An awesome party, great to see such a good turnout. Shame about the early shut down. Fantastic tunes all the way through. Was phat-as-magorical!!

newcs

Heaps phat party. Loved the flow of music from the start to slightly abrubt finish....well programmed.

The eerie UV glow of the dancefloor area was a nice affect. Loved all the sets.....in particularly Kaneda's funky, interesting bass lines.

dicA

newcs wrote :
Heaps phat party. Loved the flow of music from the start to slightly abrubt finish....well programmed.

The eerie UV glow of the dancefloor area was a nice affect. Loved all the sets.....in particularly Kaneda's funky, interesting bass lines.

WERD!

milf

WOW.. what a party! best vibe of any party i have been to! dancefloor was going OFF and the site was so awesome. some very nice scenery up there..

so a big CHEERS to chris and crew for the awesome night! thanks guys and girls!

=)

seraphine_kitten

[quote="Bounce"]YEAHFKNSHIT!

RAZ - you rock my dancing world again[quote]

The dance floor at the time going off to Raz..
How freaking amazing was the energy?
What a good set.
Awesome party.
If any one has any photos of the dance floor during raz's set they should put them up.

psyllium

oops

oh well that was some party hey?! Had a total ball from start to finish. So much GREAT music, great spot and so many friendly happy people to share it with. Boo to the fun police. Big ups to all you people who worked so hard to make the party happen - the ecstatic buzz and satisfaction is still lingering.

Rockin!

:flash: Sara

niium

Heeaps fucking cool!! Mad hoorahs for Chris and Finchy! I always knew that despite this being Chris's first attempt at a shindig, it was totally gonna pop!

Music was deeply ace throughout. Kaneda found new ways to make me appreciate his music even more than before. So fresh, unique, and clever. And solidly physically propelling!

That would have to be without a doubt the most people I have ever seen at sugarloaf - what an atmosphere!

..in a bit of a hurry so some well deserved expansion later. Top job guys!!!

..{edit} Ah bugger!! I tested piccie posting with the preview function and it seemed to work so I went through the whole process only to find it fails on submission!

Pix at:http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v507/niium/phantasmagorical/

Go%20Ravian!!

Kaneda%20showcasing%20the%20exquisite%20bush%20pancake%20platter%20that%20was%20presented%20to%20him%20during%20his%20set%20as%20the%20culmination%20of%20another%20dimension%20of%20tangential%20speculation%20erupting%20from%20a%20flippant%20comment.

Last edited by niium on Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

psyllium

It seems to happen as soon as I put more than one image in a post... So here goes try #2...

psyllium

psyllium

I will post a full review/summary of the party soon... :)

psyllium

tripy

hey guys , what a party ! m still recovering i need 5 days more !
thanks chris for the awesome orginization , the crowd .

thanks artheryu for the your worlds u understand my act and my whole concept ,and the crowd that was bouncing all the time ,

highlights for me

1.raz ,,, u wake me up[ with your massive kick drum ( even dough ppl where thinking that i was you :lol: )
2. daheen and shaun nice cocktail ,
3. psyillum ,, awesome music selective ( the track CATTY : IS A KILLER AND MY STYLE !
4. kaneda i liked very much your beging ,

i was looking forward 4 RYTHIMIC SUN ,to take me in a nice world of colours , but unfurtently cops came ,! better luck nect time man ,, ,was a pitty

i will post some short movies soon of the party soon

meanwhile looking forward again to be in NEWCASTLE u guys ROCK

LOVE AND LIOGHT

TRIPY ......

ozbreaker

That was a most fun party - props to Chris and the crew for all the work you put in.

The sunrise was magnificent to watch at the top of the hill, and the sets i heard were all outstanding so props to all involved. It was lovely to get my stomp-on after such a long break.

spangk

yAy Phantasmagorical :clap:

Brilliant work bringing this one on! great music all night and day... sounded nice, looked sweet as. Lazers! Thanks Paralectric and Factor 1 and friends, ur work was obviously appreciated by all
:thumb:

I met some new cool cats, with some doofers out and about back from their winter dens :lol: ...good to see ya's out again! AND so nice to be on Sugy too.

How cool was that glass (was it glass?) head with the lasers projecting from. That was the first phantasmagorical experience for me upon arrival. From that point in time the night flew along.

Many thanks to all of you Djs and producers who set the evening as well as the day perfectly, total success in keeping the rhythm rolling so nicely :!:
Kudos to Yobi's Djing, a fine sunrise indeed.

Nice pics thanks niium, it's so good to see the event after the occasion, especially when it comes to doofs.

Dephile

WOW What a sick party!!!!!!! very nice work chris the whole night was phat i spent so much time on the dancefloor and having the wireless hooked up at the door was pure brilliance! RAZ you rocked my world yet again bro! Shaun and Dave i always love your power mornings so much fun. Kaneda funky and fun is all i can say. WELL DONE ALL INVOLVED!!!!!!! Its a pity the fun police had to shut it down

niium

itz wierd seeing the age old doofpix logo in the corner of ya picture!

niium

60 posts Page 1 of 3