Phantasmagorical - Newcastle

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
60 posts Page 2 of 3
Lord Shekinah

( even dough ppl where thinking that i was you :lol: )

Hey dude that was only for a momentary second, because straight after Raz I saw you next to the dj area putting stuff in your bag. Sorry mate. There is a very distinct difference between you both.
The morning with *Lucy* didn't help the distinguishing.
Last edited by Lord Shekinah on Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simon

looks like it was going off, congrats to all involved :)
Last edited by simon on Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MeowTron

yay it was fun.very good and diverse line up.excellent production.
and when the day music just started to get into swing which is my favourite the cops came and stopped everything.

gone are the days of randomness where you could just go out to the bush with a set of decks and speakers and your mates.

doing illigal parties only hurts the scene. it puts a spot light on the rest of us and we might get a reactional responce that we often see this paranoid government do.and that spells tougher penalities.if the cops wanted to they could of charged everyone there.all it takes is a law to be passed that they have to charge everyone.or worse they just make it all illegal. and you get laws like the U.K. or like the freaky dragon festival were you get 100 supercops come out and start smashing everyone.

it hurts the punters too. everyone payed their 20 bucks and got their doof experience cut short.and speaking for myself i love the daytime music it's why i go. i useally go to sleep at night. or at most, ingauge in minimal activities to concerve my energy for the day lushness.damn kaneda was PHAT awesome, and he was cut short. we didn't even get to hear johhny's set.

all it takes is a bit more organisation and yes unfortunatly more money and a higher ticket price.(the irony is that the poor organisers will most likely have to pay big dollars in infingment notices.) but i would gladly pay 5 or 10 bucks more if i get to say when my doof experience is over and to go home not the local cops.

anyway foods for thought.
had a lovely time regardless.nice to see everyone again! :D

ALEXUP

Very cool party guys well done to "Factor 1" and chris for pulling this off.

Decent turnout, Solar sonics delivered as usual, and what a beautiful morning dancefloor full of smiles!

Thanks heaps to the whole crew for inviting us out, Joel AKA Shpangled thanks heaps for some good laughs and great hospitality.

Those Cops storming in was utter bullshit, and it was pretty obvious that someone is telling local police not to tolerate these parties anymore.

Chris, would you mind explaining how that whole thing panned out, as I for one am quite interested how they Justify Kicking about 100 people out of a public place while some are obviously drunk, then park down the road breathelising people, Protect and serve my arse.

Anyway - All the music I heard was kool, Tripy was probably biggest surprise, and love the animation behind the decks too:)

Kaneda also shocked me to be honest, very nice original sound brother.

Daheen vs ?? was nice for the time too, and Chris always knows where to stick it :twisted:

Till next time thanks to all involved, we almost had a pancake.

MeowTron

[quote="ALEXUP"]
Those Cops storming in was utter bullshit, and it was pretty obvious that someone is telling local police not to tolerate these parties anymore.

Chris, would you mind explaining how that whole thing panned out, as I for one am quite interested how they Justify Kicking about 100 people out of a public place while some are obviously drunk, then park down the road breathelising people, Protect and serve my arse.

[quote]

they did that did they?
how fucken typical.look that won't stand up in court.the cops coming up throwing you out forcing everyone to drive that is drunk and then book them for drink driving!! it'll get thrown of court. take civil action anyone who got booked find out who else did and stick it into them and fight every step of the way!

more foods for thought!

niium

Go Ravian! Power of the Paternal.

niium

psyllium

Hey guys, firstly I'd like to thank all the punters that turned up for the party... you all brought a special and friendly vibe, it was awesome!!

But of course I didn't do this party on my own. I would like to thank 'the factor' for helping me out in countless ways throughout the party planning process. BIG BIG BIG thanks to Liquid Psyght for providing some kick arse and original decor for the party... it certainly looked doofy and Vando I'm glad you found your head eventually ;). Jen and family - big thanks for your help with the water, the door and other things - you guys filled a lot of gaps and made things heaps easier :).

Nick, Bondy, Belly, Sean dephile (and others who have slipped my mind... :/), you guys are the glue that holds these parties together. It's good to see you can still have fun in the process! Sutho thanks for your support in times of need - you really are a true champion. Grossly indebted to you for your help and use of your gear! Bain you had that system running fat and clear all night and day. Thanks for your advice and help, it was a pleasure working with you. Mark Syner thanks for the use of your sound gear, you have good taste in equipment ;). Benny and Yobi, that web was one of the best I'd seen you do. Glad to see you found a creative way to make it that little bit different too!

TO THE DJs AND ARTISTS: You all exceeded my expectations! Top stuff, I wouldn't hesitate to have you guys play at another party. While the only act I managed to get a prolonged stomp to was Raz, from the bit here and there that I heard of the rest, and based on the general consensus, you did tops. Dookie, Left Agenda, dicA/Watt, Pawana (!!), Abuse, Yobi, Raz, Psyanide/Daheen, Tripy and Kaneda - Thanks!

My apologies to Johnny, Dave and Alex who didn't get to play... but we all know why. Sorry to anyone who was hanging out to hear those sets.

Team Visual Vision (or part thereof) thanks for adding that extra piece to the party... I think it really would have been lacking without it. Your visuals are always top notch! :) (Thanks to Jo for the last minute use of the projector!)

Craig, Phil and Matty - thanks for turning up early and rigging up the DJ tarp just right - it worked a charm and kept the area nice and open. Seriously, you guys rock :).

Thanks Alex for the prizes for the Shocking competition. I learnt that keeping a bunch of doofers in one place for a short amount of time is quite a difficult task (especially when concepts of time are involved ;) ). I hope the winners enjoy their copies of Twisted Fairytale by Raz.

Thanks to all my door bitchez... I am glad to see you all seemed to have fun up there - you set the mood for those coming through the gate with your fun and enthusiastic approach to 'work' ;). I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the dancefloor tunes up there too (but thank Nick, Bondy and Kenny for that!!).

Elodie thanks for bringing your banners for sale and display. Plenty of cool shit to look at! Too bad about the burritos - next time hey! :) Georgia thanks for the soup, it really did hit the spot a couple of times over. (I have your cooktop and light! PM me to arrange return - I'll be at the Big Crush on the 27th.)

Thanks to all those guys who brought their sticks and toys to play with. You provided the required visual stimulus as can be seen in the photos for the event... Good to see you all having fun too!

And of course... who can I forget our own acclaimed pancakelet chef, Josie... Under trying conditions you managed to master the art only to have your work brought to an abrupt halt. I have no regrets on the choice of time slot for the pancakes however, as the Kaneda pancake action shot is priceless :).

Speaking of the abrupt halt - I can say that I hadn't expected or previously experienced that level of assertion from the powers that be at that particular location. What was originally a check up visit turned into an all-out abrupt finishing of the event. But, I'm not going to go into detail about this here, it's not really the place for it.

I myself had a blast despite the constant errands and running around. :)

Cheers guys! :thumb:

Shev

Fantastic Doof - being mostly nocturnal I particularly enjoyed the laser lights, the lass with the hoops and Pawanda's set. :D

Zentient wrote :
But what happened with all those cops?? I saw a fire truck and everything...

The fire truck was odd: did peeps still have fires going at midday? Quite a few locals are getting paranoid about bushfire these days, especially since those houses got burnt down in September - if some passing dirt biker reported the fires it might have pushed the cops into taking action...

Rythmic sun

What a great party.

Had such a great time ,a little sad i didn't get to play but you get that.
Chris i hope it's ok with the cops, what a bummer.

Trippy you rock mate when are we going to see an album, can't wait for it.

Peace
Johnny

Chemical_Entho_Elf of LOV

Great Party
Great People
Amazing Visual Experience
Thrilling Audio/Mental Rewireing
Enjoyed Every Set
Out of this World hehehe

Until The Next Chapter Brothers & Sisters

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Peace Love Happiness

:shock:

SYNeR

Follow up post.... now that I've had my much needed sleep :D

A huuuuuuuuge thank you to everyone who came together & put this party on.. As mentioned previously, what an awesome turn out! The dance floor at night time was intense, but I never expected it to carry through right through the day time like it did.

That lineup was awesome from start to finish... well thought out & I'd imagine it would've remained that way if it weren't for the abrupt finish :(

I hope all that business that occurred turns out alright..

Stand out sets for me were Left Agenda, Yobi, Abuse, Pawana & Tripy.

With such a kick arse lineup & awesome sets throughout, it was no wonder why I hardly left the dance floor, if only for brief periods of time.

The decor was sick - nice work on the web, sweet banners (I didn't realise they were for sale? :( I definitely would've liked one) and the assorted decor at the front was awesome, such as those spirals and the glass head.

Thanks again to Chris, Factor 1 & everyone else involved for a sick party.. :D
I love seeing how all these different people come together, contributing in their own way & the result being an awesome party :)

dicA

I had a blast at this party, it was goin off for so long!! Good job chris and everyone else that helped get this together..

Sux about the cops :cry:

Here is a link to see the dance floor goin off!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXEgmbGl6TU

SubStance

Great set up, heaps of people , Pitty i couldn't stay longer :( was a shame you guys got shut down. Bit of an eye opener to the scene up here methinks.

I only heard about the cops. I personally think the RBT exit was distasteful, however, in the view of the law that RBT 'was" their duty of care. Even if you did fight it in court i feel you would get no where. The cops said everyone must leave, not everyone must drive. There is a difference in the way they said that, the court would view the cops RBT set up as a duty of care to ensure everyone left the mountain sober and safe to them selfs and other road users. To a judge the cops were hero's.

stranger

hey.. a big thank u to everyone who was involved in putting this together. definately the best doof i've been to. all the dj's were phenominal, and the sound even better. it was definately the best music i've ever heard,,, morning,, night,,, they just kept BAM BAM BAM..what a fuckin rocking dancefloor (you guys know how to BANG...) just wanted to say thanx and i cant wait to come back..

niium

Yay! Full website picture posting health has restored! Sorry for the double posts, but here they are in sequence..

Kaneda showcasing the exquisite bush pancake platter that was presented to him during his set as the culmination of another dimension of tangential speculation erupting from a flippant comment.

FeralBrown

Thanks heaps, guys!
I enjoyed every minute of it! :roll: :P

Looked like a cracker... like I said before, Chris, if you need a hand dealing with any of the aftermath, just lemme know, man!
:D CONGRATS!

Zentient

SubStance wrote :
Great set up, heaps of people , Pitty i couldn't stay longer :( was a shame you guys got shut down. Bit of an eye opener to the scene up here methinks.

I only heard about the cops. I personally think the RBT exit was distasteful, however, in the view of the law that RBT 'was" their duty of care. Even if you did fight it in court i feel you would get no where. The cops said everyone must leave, not everyone must drive. There is a difference in the way they said that, the court would view the cops RBT set up as a duty of care to ensure everyone left the mountain sober and safe to them selfs and other road users. To a judge the cops were hero's.

Not so man...Being the catty little Law student I am :twisted: , I can tell you there is a legal principle called (wait for it...) lex non cogit ad impossibilia (pass me the wank award, lol) :roll: which basically means the law can't compel you to do something that's impossible

ie. Cops can't tell you to get the fuck out of a doof under the knowledge that there is no other way for you to do so than DUIing, then book you for said DUI.

If anyone got booked, contest it, you WILL win.

There's my 2 cents worth. luv Odette x 8)

oops

phwoar! Thanks for all the great pics niium... I love jogging my memory after the fact :)

You really captured some amazing nightime scenes - the lights and so much colour! One of the shots is particularly amazing - you can see people sitting around the fire and the sparks/light from the fire is coming up in these amazing curly swirls of light, looks magical!

oh and how tops was that lit-up hula hoop?! (i assume that is what the photo is of) I remember seeing a girl across the dancefloor with that, I was transfixed. Totally.

I really loved the spiderweb above the dancfloor.... would be cool to add a crazy spider critter that hung over the top and peered down over us all while we dance - bah! Would be a nice fright!

I also quite liked those pesky pixies on the banners, nice one.

ahh, and the dancefloor - Kapow! What a fun time...

Thanks again to everyone for a ripper of a party... I truely felt it was one of my loveliest doof experiences. It was great to meet some new people and get to know a few familiar ones a little more.

.... looking forward to a summer of fun!

YoBi

Best fun I've had at a doof for ages!!!! :P
The dancefloor was luffing it the whole time!
Well Done Chris, Finchy and the Newcatsle Psytrance Collective, a job FUKN well done!!!

Cant wait for the next! :twisted:

ionized

Aaaghh.... why was I conned into staying at the RS lanch when this was on offer....??!

Looks like a seriously ripper party. Nice one to the crew. Condolences to all the sore heads that must have resulted from the overdoses of extreme looseness :rainbow:
Hope your all back in action soon...

KOKIDOO

:thumb: ...
.thanks everybodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
..everyone bring great energy together ...so lovely to see ....
was more than a dream for me ...love to see more and more..and more
...thanks heapsssssssssssss to Doy boy u gave me opportunity to play that set ...nice niceeeeeeeeeee ...smile smile...
RAZ .....u brought da....first dusty dance floor for this summer ...yaaaahhh..:)
Big thanks to Trippy ;) ....u have change my world ...your sounds is so divine
my heart went with the wind to Goa ..hehehhehehe......very beautiful music.....thanks man

panzel

Phantasmagorical alright. Thanks 4 a fuckin fantastic time.
I left a bag of uv paints on the mountain if anyone comes across them.

Getting off the mountain is always a big effort.
But getting on it is just magical.

Thanks again 4 a great party.

Cant wait till next time.

tripy

Big thanks to Trippy ;) ....u have change my world ...your sounds is so divine
my heart went with the wind to Goa ..hehehhehehe......very beautiful music.....thanks man[/quote]

big thanks to you cause u got my massage

boom 4 d next 1

love and light

Tripy

rollyz

Here is an observation.... It looks like parties will have to held on private land, or get a permit from State Forests when using. ($50admin + $2 a head). The process is there to make our scene official. Forest Parties are a official reconised activity. But yes it is a shit to organise in advance (bloody paper work, insurance etc). But if Forests or who ever gets a regular small income, and the fact we clean up our sites afterwards, they will love to have us again and again. Having a permit you wont get kicked out.

Of course, spur of the moment parties are heaps fun, and easy to organise. I believe, if one does that, pack up and clean up just after sunrise before Mr Ranger or Mr Plod have gotten out of bed and had their wheetbix. :wink:
60 posts Page 2 of 3