Psylent Night

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
36 posts Page 1 of 2
rollyz

How did it go?

lenkou

Loads of fun :D
Got there about 9pm, had enough time to set up my friends with a base camp, then get down & start my door shift at 9:30.

Missed 5.0.9's set, and most of chickenslip due to be being on the door, but from what heard of the Slippery Chicken, he held it back a notch and played the prog set the party needed to get it moving in the right direction. Nice one bruva!

dicA & Gigawatt played the sort of set that has seen them fill floors and please punters up & down the coast. They mixed some some tried and true tracks with some future favourites. Was keen to play that new Hydraglyph remix, bastards(sucks to be me)! I ran into a friend toward the end of your set, and he was dripping in sweat due to an intense workload on the dancefloor. I didn't hear him complaining, so well done :)

Took the (soft) option to sleep before the dawn set, and missed Mekultra and Substance, and Serotone's live-ish set. Heard most of Benny's DJ set though, saw alot of busy dancers, and heard some tunes that I didn't previously associate with an Abuse set. Different, but highly effective.

Yobi's set was awesome. I can't remember ever enjoying a set of light melodic music so much, and you managed a flow throughout your set that had me lost in the music, and completely enraptured. Haven't enjoyed being taken away quite like that on a dance floor in ages. Awesome dude.

Missed most of Psyllium 's set due to getting distracted and going on a trek through the forest with a friend, If being trashed isn't an acceptable excuse, then sorry mate, I don't have one. Sucks to be me!

Was great to have fun and hang out with the crew, no surprises there, good to see everyone. To the people who didn't come -you know who you are- sucks to be you, make sure you get there next time!

Thanks to the organisers, I had heaps of fun playing. Muchos gracias!

keirrajade

awesome party :D
danced my butt off !

chickenslip, dicA & Gigawatt were my favs....i don't think i stopped dancing once while these guys were playin (except to get more cans of vodka :P )
Last edited by keirrajade on Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psyllium

I had a blast... Craig "Crackers" and Mick "509" thanks heaps for the party... it turned out way beyond my expectations!

The weather gods once again treated us nicely... it turns out the 'wet weather emergency site' seemed to keep the rain away as well... ;)

How about that sound rig hey? Was sounding pretty good to start with and even better once it was tweaked a bit more. Too bad it was so phat, that we got noise complaints :(. Didn't get to finish my set, but hey, we only lost an hour from the original schedule so shouldn't get too peeved...

Musically there were definitely some high points. 509's opened set was a nice change from the normal opening for a party and I think it worked a treat. Mekultra, it was great to hear you play on a nice phat rig, definitely had the clarity and the track choice to keep everyone going. A couple of Serotone's tracks really got me dancing despite myself being pretty lethargic in general (fingers crossed I've bypassed that flu everyone seems to have had before the party!). Melanomad - you've definitely proven yourself this time, that dancefloor was cranking, top effort there! Yobi's set turned out well - was interesting to hear you after sunrise for once :).

The site itself was a strange one but just made things a bit more interesting... maybe we can try and find another spot a bit more out of the way and a bit less of the rock-n-roll next time ;).

But of course all that mattered was that there was a decent amount of up-for-it bastards there to have fun to some sick tunes... Let's hope there's more to come!

silent_bob00000

top effort guys

loved the vibe there.

Thanks to nat and nick for the lift out to the doof...
ioved dica and gigawatts set. bennys new stuff sounded great

did anyone else get pissed off with those guys goin around bumpin evryone to see if they could swipe somthin from there pockets. i

found it extremly funny when the cops showed up and everyone scatterd. i was down near the car wen it happened. u can tell who the kiddycore ravers were.

the great thing about wen the cops left was the track that was pumped out of nicks combi just to rubb it in that we were not goin anywhere. (Can someone please tell me wat the name of that track is)

it was great to c everyone as i havent been to a doof in a while..

thanks again guys

c u all soon.

one more note

GLOWSTICKS SHOULD BE BANNED

dicA

Hey man, that track was a Yello RMX of the oooh yeeaahhh (for those that dont know, the tune from Ferris Bulers Day Off)

Its pretty close to the original but with a slightly tweaked bassline...

I surprised how long we got to run the system off a car battery...
1.9k kv2 & mackie off a 70% full battery for about 4 hours... :)

SYNeR

A big thank you to Craig/crackers and Mick/509 for making this party happen.. The enthusiasm and effort you guys showed, especially after the first site proved to be unworthy due to weather, was amazing..

A massive thank you to everyone else that made this party happen..

As usual, I loved all sets I heard & thus didn't get any sleep.

A tad unfortunate the police made an appearance, but it wasn't until towards the end (10am finish - good idea - especially given the use of a last minute/resort venue). And they were quite good about it, too.. They could've tried to make it a lot harder on everyone.

silent_bob00000 wrote :
did anyone else get pissed off with those guys goin around bumpin evryone to see if they could swipe somthin from there pockets. i

Hmm, fuck... didn't spot this at all.. what arseholes. Why can't they just enjoy a party instead of using it as an excuse to steal in order to fund their crack/whatever habit? :roll:

silent_bob00000 wrote :
found it extremly funny when the cops showed up and everyone scatterd. i was down near the car wen it happened. u can tell who the kiddycore ravers were.
GLOWSTICKS SHOULD BE BANNED

Hahaha totally.... Those raver chicks going up and dancing behind the booth were fucking hilarious - way to act like a 'tard in front of a crowd. On second thought, they were kind of hot..
Last edited by SYNeR on Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keirrajade

silent_bob00000 wrote :

Hmm, fuck... didn't spot this at all.. what arseholes. Why can't they just enjoy a party instead of using it as an excuse to steal in order to fund their crack/whatever habit? :roll:
[/quote]

i got bumped into by some big bloke...he just gave me this heaps random look...lucky i had a pouch on which would have been heaps hard to steal shit from

psyllium

keirrajade wrote :
silent_bob00000 wrote :

SYNeR wrote :

i got bumped into by some big bloke...he just gave me this heaps random look...lucky i had a pouch on which would have been heaps hard to steal shit from

Yeah he was bumping in to me too, but I just thought he was being a cockspank!

keirrajade

psyllium wrote :
keirrajade wrote :
silent_bob00000 wrote :

SYNeR wrote :

Yeah he was bumping in to me too, but I just thought he was being a cockspank!

yeah! he bumped into me once, and i just ignored it thinkin he did it by accident...then the second time i was like 'are you right!?!?' and he left me alone...silly boy

Too all the crew and the ppl who helped out! a big pat on the back....I had an amazing night and that SOUND how phat was that!!!! a special thanks to Chris,Nick,Bondy Vando,Mark and the Cracker's, Cheers guys you are built for this shit and without you guys this would not happen! and the ppl i didn't menchin "You Know Who You Are" You guys rock!!!! Thanks For listening to my first ever set, seeing i am a newby i will make sure i have some fresh new stuff that you should enjoy for the next one...........Over and Out :dj:

wheresmydog

What an awesome party! i had such a good time, the place was buzzing and good job to the organisers for a last minute location. Music was mad, lots of beautiful people.

Had a great stomp - i don't think I stopped dancing all night - I am aching all over and my poor heels are bruised from the stones.

all up, lots of fun and games

Oh yeah couldn't help but spot the big aggro dude - bumping into everyone, doing laps - I thought he was gearing up for a fight but nothing came of it!

partyboy101

Spewin i missed this one
Good on ya Nic, that yello track will be getting some abuse i think...lol

.bloody oaf.

yeah....i know who i are..............it sucks to be me.....i suck......i am egg-sucking guttertrash.....cruel fate....my dog ate my directions.....i was tricked into swapping my cow for some dud magic beans ..........etc.........so what were the interactive visuals? giant fluoro mushroom-shaped cakes?

OGPete

:bounce: :clap: :bounce: :clap: :bounce:

Wow! What a stunningly lovely party!

Big thanks to Justin for getting me there, looking after me, and getting me home again to Georgia!

Worth traveling from Europe to - big thanks to the organisers.

bluecosmicmonkey

Fucking nice party and phenomenal music i stomped like a bastard all night and all morning until the cops shut us down then i stomped like a bastard to the nice tunes out of the combie nice work to everyone who was envolved in the setting up and resetting up an so on and big thanks to everyone who came to play even the big guy who was being an idiot bumping into people he actually grabbed me and pretended to head butt me i think he was looking for a fight or something oh well it takes all kinds of people to make the beauty of the world (michael franti) Fuck i had a good time thanks again to all envolved cant wait for the next installment :m:

ALEXUP

Sounds like fun guys, sorry we couldn't be there.

Bring on the pics :)

Dephile

what a great party pity i fucked up my foot and went home before i was content with the amount of stomping i had done. BIG thanks to the organisers had a killer time while i was there
silent_bob00000 wrote :
did anyone else get pissed off with those guys goin around bumpin evryone to see if they could swipe somthin from there pockets.

Really???? if anyone has photo's of said person or persons please let us know we dont want theives at newcastle parties. Personally i think their photo should be posted as a public shaming of their actions.

But Yet Again Fuckin' Sick Party It Just Shows Newcastle Is Where The Phat Shit Is :twisted:

ionized

ALEXUP wrote :
Sounds like fun guys, sorry we couldn't be there.

If the one on Dicas avatar is anything to go by, it must have been a decent party.... lol :lol:

Shame about the thieving cnuts tho... but I guess you get that from time to time.

psyllium

ALEXUP wrote :

I concur!

Bounce

.bloody oaf. wrote :
so what were the interactive visuals? giant fluoro mushroom-shaped cakes?

^^^ hehehe - umm, yeah :roll: After getting all excited for weeks about, finally, busting this out I find out just days before the party that my younger brother gave away my games console to a friend while i was overseas earlier this year! (you connect the dots...)
Craig and I tried searching high and low for a replacement but most ppl have new playstations, xboxs etc which i wouldnt be all too keen donating to a dusty doof either! bummer:( Its my mission to scour 2nd hand shops till i find another doof-worthy N64 (star wars racer - you know you love it!) 2008 doofs be warned - this idea will see the light of day (or night - LOL :D )

Anyway I digress. Was looking forward to this party for weeks only to be too sick on the night to stay :(
Was great to catch up with everyone in the morn though - if only briefly - seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves - despite random bogan kleptos - LOL :wink:

some pics would be awesome - especially for sad people like me who couldn't stay to enjoy the night.

ps dicA be warned - if I score a nintendo b4 your feb bash im setting up shop - so to speak! hehehe :shock:

bluecosmicmonkey

did i understand you comment properly do you want a nintendo 64 if so i have one with lots of games i would be happy to give to a good home :thumb:
suzazeki

:P what happened there was right place to be with right people ...jumping or feeling such a good music is just short the describe the flying state we were in...what police ? Music stopped ...then conitinued to 2pm when we left - and we are the ones to enjoy it over and over again! What you do guys - it is a MIRACLE! :shock:
WE WANT MORE!

crackers

Well what a weekend! What started out as a complete disaster turned into one hell of a party , all thanks to chris(psyillum), mark( syner),Vando ,Finchy ,Dica ,Bondie and the rest of the newcastle psytrance collective.
On saturday morning we had one of the biggest downpours I've ever seen.it turned the site into a bog hole.
So mark, mick(509), Sheridan and I packed up all the gear we'd spent so long putting up and headed off to find an other site, which i thought was going to be near impossible ,but after about 100 phone calls and a lot of driving around we finally came up with a site and with the help of a few hard working people proceeded to set it all up again and we still managed to start on time.
After the music started and lights were on the place looked amazing.
509 played to a full floor for the full set not a bad first effort. Bondie! loved that yellow track !Dica and Sutho blew me away again,I really loved Bennys new stuff .Yobi and Chris topped it off so well till the cops came and cut Chris's set short by 2 or 3 tracks.
All in all I had a blast !!Thanks to everyone who helped and played. Can't wait to do it all again soon. :D
Special mention to two people who helped out heaps but couldn't stay my boys Jimmy and Tom Thanks Guys!!

SYNeR

Bounce wrote :
Craig and I tried searching high and low for a replacement but most ppl have new playstations, xboxs etc which i wouldnt be all too keen donating to a dusty doof either! bummer

Damn... wish I had known about this.. I've got an xbox with pleeeeennnnty of games that we could've setup.. It's only sitting in the lounge room collecting dust!
36 posts Page 1 of 2