Sydney 2008 NYE Bush Doof Experience

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
44 posts Page 1 of 2
rollyz

Awesome! :D Wicked choons. Mad Visuals. Great Decore (where did you get those banners?). Great lighting. Good set up, plenty of shade and space to wander. Weather was just right both day and night. Great start to the year! Anyone got pics? :D

psy*clone

yeah definately a great night, music was spot on. location was surprisingly pretty quick to get to, and an easy track in.

suzazeki

Vicked and perfect in everything :smasha: looking forward on pictures from somebody as we did not have time to take any - sooooo much dancing and celebrating! Who ever organised it ( just Raptor ?!?) - great effort with explosive mind/body consequences for all - I hope - for the faboluos start of 2008! ...and the DJ - line up - amazing and always better and better... :thumb: thaaaaanks!
ps: the amplifier also could not handle so much of good stuff - is it on its way of repair ?

keirrajade

loved the party, perrrrfect weather too!

i got a few pics here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7 ... =652620098

and

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7 ... =652620098

although I couldn't get any decent ones of the setup...don't think my camera was good enough!

merlinux

Ju-Ju

lost devil sticks and staff wit no wicks
got 2 wasted and distraught and left em der
mayb sum1 can take em 2 freak creation 4 me
??? pls

BigSpoon

Nice effort Shaun.
Ya damn hippie. :P

psyllium

I had fun, was good to hang out with heaps of friends, catching up etc!

Visually the place looked great... top class production with signs everywhere letting you know where things were. During the night the dance floor looked amazing - the combination of the visuals, lazers and lighting really worked well.

<gripe>Having said that though, I would have been happier with a bit of a cleaner sound system. Sure, it's New Years so we expect it to be loud, but I don't think we should sacrifice any sound quality for it. It sounded a bit better in the morning once it'd been turned down a lot.</gripe>

Other than that, heaps good, thanks lots to the promoters for once again giving up their own new years experience to give us the Doof Experience :)

gullytiger

well! if this party doesn't raise the bar and our expectations for '08 :D was an awesome way to kick the year off, great venue, wheather and vibe...add to that the striking VA's and some slammin sets and you have the New Years Doof. Huge HELL-YEAH for all who put this one together 8)
Lord Shekinah

That was really bloody good. I was a little worried at first that the sound system was too dispersed and not that clear, but it turned out just fine. HOW GOOD WAS HEFTY OUTPUT, AGENT 23, AND ZIRCON. Hefty Output's (Dan's) new tracks are extraordinary, awesome and worthy. How phat, clean and psychedelic were they? Thanks heaps Michael (Agent 23) I really love your dark psychedelic music, it resonates well with me.
The visuals were totally beautiful. How truly beautiful was the Shiva back drop and the play of light all about it? I must get myself one of those for my place. Lui the line-up was excellent. I also really liked Roberto's music from Germany. Some of the best psychedelic day-time music I've heard in some time. If anyone knows his email address, or website let me know.
Lord Shekinah

That was really bloody good. I was a little worried at first that the sound system was too dispersed and not that clear, but it turned out just fine. HOW GOOD WAS HEFTY OUTPUT, AGENT 23, AND ZIRCON. Hefty Output's (Dan's) new tracks are extraordinary, awesome and worthy. How phat, clean and psychedelic were they? Thanks heaps Michael (Agent 23) I really love your dark psychedelic music, it resonates well with me.
The visuals were totally beautiful. How truly beautiful was the Shiva back drop and the play of light all about it? I must get myself one of those for my place. Lui the line-up was excellent. I also really liked Roberto's music from Germany. Some of the best psychedelic day-time music I've heard in some time. If anyone knows his email address, or website let me know.

BaRrY AnThOnY

Pix from the new years pasty are now posted
www.doofpix.com

ps,
can you tell what and who these two are laughing at?

hope you all have a great year
xoxo
B.....

psyllium

LOL nice paparazzi shots there Barry!

tripn

that skazi finger pointing was done as a joke btw. lol

*Taliana*

Nah you do that all the time steve! What you on about ;)

hehe

VJ DAMAGE

tripn wrote :
that skazi finger pointing was done as a joke btw. lol

noone believes that
would have been more convincing if you didn't lol

paultrax

:D have to say great party hefty an agent 23 being my faves had to leave early due to things beyond my control
beautiful location great lighting good stage set up al round the biz!! :twisted:

psy*clone

BaRrY AnThOnY wrote :
www.doofpix.com

ps,

B.....

umm, somebody who isn't quite dressed correctly?

rollyz

psy*clone wrote :
BaRrY AnThOnY wrote :
www.doofpix.com

ps,

B.....

umm, somebody who isn't quite dressed correctly?

Laughing at somebodies rowing style of dance?

keirrajade

thats pretty slack....people should be able to dress/dance however they like...
lenkou

Hi there... did anyone happen to pick up a lost pair of khaki green DDS sneakers with a checkered insole? If so please pm me, they belong to my friend Christie who is very keen to get them back if possible!

Thanks peeps!

thorn

psyllium wrote :
<gripe>Having said that though, I would have been happier with a bit of a cleaner sound system. Sure, it's New Years so we expect it to be loud, but I don't think we should sacrifice any sound quality for it. It sounded a bit better in the morning once it'd been turned down a lot.</gripe>

:rainbow:

lol......fuk knows what those 2 trippers are laughin bout

seems like a good conversation topic though :mrgreen:

:thumb: baz...classic

thanks organisers, helpers etc :twisted:

BaRrY AnThOnY

:wink:

rollyz

keirrajade wrote :
thats pretty slack....people should be able to dress/dance however they like...

and people with big noses should keep their oversized glasses on.....

keirrajade

:S
44 posts Page 1 of 2