Sydney 2008 NYE Bush Doof Experience

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
44 posts Page 2 of 2

TOPSY TURVY

yeah, as part of the support crew have huge thanx going out to the Professor, the two Ollies, Myunke and anyone else who worked their guts out in the sun

on the other hand, a huge slapdown on the people who abandoned their rubbish where they had parked their cars and also where they had been dancing. we took out TWO cubic metres of bottles and rubbish. thank you very much to the newcastle crew ladies who gave me a hand.

just because you paid a door charge does NOT give you the right to trash the environment

we left the place spic-and-span.....no small effort......

so next time you come along to a doof...remember it is your actions that determine whether there are broken bottles buried like treasure in the sand.

it is not enough to turn up, drink some beers and leave debris around before leaving after the music switches off. that was the whole point behind my dummy spit with the fire hose....lol

all in all top party tho, haven't danced like that in years...top sets for the night music it was sweet...

spotty
theprofessor

As most of the insiders of the Sydney Doof Scence know most Doofs here are run on a shoestring and the combined efforts of the crew which offer their help for little in return in order to bring their dreams to fruition. The following list is to a least give some recognition to the the unsung heroes of the doof which get little or no attention for their time and effort.

SUPERHEROES
==========

These are the people who put countless hours into organising the event and resources needed to put on such an event. Without their efforts this event wouldnt of happened.

Lui Raptor
The Professor

HEROES
======

These are the people who go way beyond the call of duty. Each deserve a huge hug by all who enjoyed NYE. We couldnt of done this without their extra efforts.

Olly
Olly Feral
Chris
Spotty
Mayank

CREW
====

These are the people that also contributed. Although their efforts werent as large as the Heroes above many neverless contributed in a large way and deserve a big thanks for their efforts.

Bain
Ben + Krystal
Adrian
Alesandra + The Decor Crew
Duncan
Celeste

SPECIAL THANKS
============

Jeanie + Shawn + Tony

mr-FUcK-v2

fAvorTisim!!!!!

you thaNk youRself tooo???!!!!

ahAhah thAt is werId!!!! fook fook foOk

i will Now foRce feEd you preCielY 97 turdS Via Psychic MIND linK

foook foook fook!!!!
theprofessor

>on the other hand, a huge slapdown on the people who abandoned their >rubbish where they had parked their cars and also where they had been >dancing. we took out TWO cubic metres of bottles and rubbish. thank you >very much to the newcastle crew ladies who gave me a hand.
>
>just because you paid a door charge does NOT give you the right to trash >the environment
>
>we left the place spic-and-span.....no small effort......
>
>so next time you come along to a doof...remember it is your actions that >determine whether there are broken bottles buried like treasure in the >sand.
>
>spotty

My thoughts as well. I couldn't believe the amount of trash left on campsites this NYE particularly as most of these people had to walk past a skip bin situated near the entrance of the campsite on the way to the dance floor.

Also what really shitted me the most was the large amount of toilet paper littering the side of the campsite obviously discarded by girls after they pee-ed + one of the other types. For one I cant understand why they couldnt use a plastic bag to discard this rather than grossly littering the environment or use the very good toilet facilities we had on site. Regardless to say we had to pick all of this up so my opinion of some of the opposite sex isnt so good at the moment. SO GIRLS CLEAN UP YOUR ACT!!! For the women who dont do this some words spread around frowning on this may help. Its not the first time landowners and park rangers have noticed this and it doesn't help in securing venues!!!!!!!!

One more thing is do not bring any large objects such as carpet, tables, chairs, eskies etc that you don't intend on taking home. This includes stuff broken during the course of events. We are not a trash disposal organisation and we only have limited disposal facilities. About a third of our trash was of this nature and we weren't happy about it!

The Professor

PS A big hand to the Newcastle crew who left their site spotless!

theprofessor

>fAvorTisim!!!!!
>
>you thaNk youRself tooo???!!!!
>
>ahAhah thAt is werId!!!! fook fook foOk
>
>
>i will Now foRce feEd you preCielY 97 turdS Via Psychic MIND linK
>
>foook foook fook

Strange. I didnt "thank" myself. Seems you have misread the message.

However I don't think anybody involved would dispute the amount the effort I put into this event and I have no qualms about including me in the list.

Why I'm at it since you seem to take offence at people being recognised for their efforts howabout helping me out on the next doof I work on? We can always do with more help and I can provide a mask if you want to go incognito. Interested???

Then again I might of misread you. :)

The Professor

BellaRose89

Awesome party guys I ad a ridiculously fun time, thank you to all who made it possible.
a few pix:
http://www.doofpix.com/main.php?g2_itemId=36210

rollyz

BellaRose89 wrote :
Awesome party guys I ad a ridiculously fun time, thank you to all who made it possible.
a few pix:

wow, look at all those dancing Orbs!

keirrajade

mr-FUcK-v2 wrote :
fAvorTisim!!!!!

you thaNk youRself tooo???!!!!

ahAhah thAt is werId!!!! fook fook foOk

i will Now foRce feEd you preCielY 97 turdS Via Psychic MIND linK

foook foook fook!!!!

what's with the combination of lower & upper case wording? and this 'fook fook fook' business...?

BellaRose89

rollyz wrote :
BellaRose89 wrote :
a few pix:

those orbs I'm pretty sure are dust particles from the site, as it was very dusty.
But the photographic effect is pretty awesome :D

rollyz

BellaRose89 wrote :
rollyz wrote :
BellaRose89 wrote :
a few pix:

those orbs I'm pretty sure are dust particles from the site, as it was very dusty.
But the photographic effect is pretty awesome :D

Oh no, I was assured by the servants of Ramtha that the Orbs are real! :shock:

BellaRose89

oh indeed, lol :lol:

Twisted Dirty Logic

In regards to this recent Mr Fuck character, my suggestion to everyone would be to ignore him..

Most wankers strive for attention, and if you don't give them any they go away.. Chances are he was dropped on his head as a child, or his folks never hugged him enough.

He's a troll, and modern media has taught us that most magical creatures disappear if we just turn our backs on them.. Focus on the happier faeries and elves, not sad trolls who live under bridges, terrorising smiling doofers as they skip along to the nearest dancefloor. :bounce:

raptor

Twisted Dirty Logic wrote :
In regards to this recent Mr Fuck character, my suggestion to everyone would be to ignore him..

Most wankers strive for attention, and if you don't give them any they go away.. Chances are he was dropped on his head as a child, or his folks never hugged him enough.

He's a troll, and modern media has taught us that most magical creatures disappear if we just turn our backs on them.. Focus on the happier faeries and elves, not sad trolls who live under bridges, terrorising smiling doofers as they skip along to the nearest dancefloor. :bounce:

and this troll isnt too clever when it comes to hiding the tracks..

oops

Here are a few snaps I got...

one of Daniela's awesome poi and laser battling show during Cosmick's set... not the best shot but you get a bit of an idea of her shmick costume creation! Nice one lady!

Was fun to welcome in the New Year dancing in the bush (but no question that is my preferred place to be anytime!)...

^ one of the sweet little ones rocking around with the doof mama's and papa's... always makes me smile!

and yes I agree it is totally yuck that people were selfish and oblivious to the impact they had on the property.... I second the encouragement to please take all your rubbish with you or at least clean it up, there were even bins around the dance floor. Thanks to Spotty and all who stayed to the end and left the place in a tidy state.

Peace,

Sara

keirrajade

i think the bins around the dancefloor was the best idea

i dont think any other party ive been to has had that

Vile dellusions

i had fun!! top effort all involved!!!!! BIG UPS TO LUI, ANDY AND BAIN!!! WORD!

tract

Another successful chapter in the NYE Bush D00f series to welcome in the New Year.

I particularly enjoyed catching up with Zirkin again after some time being past and listening to him play his latest musics and the upcoming releases from the d00f records stable...big up's baba that was some fine music and it was good to see you again :)

On the topic of music I thought the line-up was very well programmed and delivered by the performers....Hedonix, Simon, Zirkin, Agent23, Raptor, the dude from Chaishop who played the progressive, and that Paul Taylor guy from Spun records who as well as having some nice tunes had a great sense of humour and gave as good as he got (and boy did I give him some shit) :mrgreen: ...was good to meet you baba..big respect and I wish you well.

Overall I had a lot of fun and very much enjoyed playing a morning set (instead of night time ones) of upcoming Sundance Records music, strong and thoughtful implementation and execution in regards to production (from the PA through to the banners and artwork) complemented the vibe and feelings of the bush doof party to make a happy start to 2008.

Nice job Lui and crew!

:smasha:

Gora

Seems like executed by prescription, good on you guys! 8)

agestones

yes this was a great way 2 kick off the new year. :D i wish there were more doofs around the colo area it is so nice there. yeah i would like 2 see some pics 2, i took my camera there but i lost it somehow :cry: . if anyone has found it can i have it back please i liked that camera. :wink:
44 posts Page 2 of 2