Freakreation Festival

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
122 posts Page 5 of 5

spangk

Yea thats pretty true hey. REGEN doofs are most equipped/ setup with definite water, food appropriate toilets. Heck Goa Gil saw the first ever chilled water ON the dancefloor.. the fountain of dequenchifiable.

2.5 hrs from Sydney, nice lineup this year. Go teh oz producer's marathon live lineup :) How many stages? Is it more than several?

VJ DAMAGE

spangk wrote :
How many stages? Is it more than several?

I think its a bunch

actually.. there should be a better collective noun for stages.
cluster?
Constellation?
cartload?
rumble?
sounder?
woop?

I dunno, I got nothing...

Bounce

VJ DAMAGE wrote :
spangk wrote :
How many stages? Is it more than several?

I think its a bunch

actually.. there should be a better collective noun for stages.
cluster?
Constellation?
cartload?
rumble?
sounder?
woop?

I dunno, I got nothing...

I like the sound of rumble....a rumble of stages...drooool ;)

atmospsypherica

How about stage names be given the same names of threatened natural jungles / forests around the world or this Country? Checked out Regen on the net and looks good if your living in Sydney. Bit far for Queenslanders . I like what your doing and it is showing to the greater community a professional and responsible approach to humans enjoying themselves in hand with caring for the environment. Encouraging active participation making the event having more purpose then just partying it up. This I imagine would attract more the type of crowd that make it a good party and festival for meeting like minded environmentally aware people.

Oh and Goa Gill is just a remarkable human being very unique. Saw a interview of him on google video. Shame about the rain and bad weather I read.

herbsandspices

atmospsypherica wrote :

Oh and Goa Gill is just a remarkable human being very unique. Saw a interview of him on google video. Shame about the rain and bad weather I read.

Shame about the tunes too (sorry to re-crack this old chestnut).

*Taliana*

herbsandspices wrote :
atmospsypherica wrote :

Shame about the tunes too (sorry to re-crack this old chestnut).

hehehe

ohhhhhh but thats a whole other thread.

simon

atmospsypherica wrote :
Going to try and make Earthfreq. I certainly won't be talking about any of this and if I do go. It will be with positive vibes and a open mind, keeping any opinions to myself. So thanks to everyone here for the advice.

Earthfreq will be the goods. Paul Abad has a great reputation and the people i was camped with are trying to get us all to come, he described it to me as "one of the most friendliest parties around" - as long as it doesnt rain, you should really like it :)

Its not that you should keep your opinions to yourself, its more that with a little bit more understanding, some of your gripes would of been taken care of. there was so many things that went wrong, and in hindsight its so easy to pick these out - at the time, with the stress of a festival crashing around you, the knowledge that if you call it off the people who have invested alot in getting there will be pissed off, if you dont call it off it wont be how you advertised it and people will be pissed off - making the right call can be really hard... then throw in a natural disaster, whining hippies and police + local council giving you shit - well, imagine dealing with that!! a little bit of understanding can go a long way when you air your gripes, and you're more likely to get an answer. i suppose that goes for both of us too ;)

FeralBrown

spangk wrote :
Heck Goa Gil saw the first ever chilled water ON the dancefloor.. the fountain of dequenchifiable.

Actually we did that at Celestial Circus or Mycelium quite a few years back! :P

Esoterica2000-III

spangk wrote :
2.5 hrs from Sydney, nice lineup this year. Go teh oz producer's marathon live lineup :) How many stages? Is it more than several?

Yes, many, 6 to be exact. Yo if you don't mind i'll take this as a promo drop..

REGROWTH FESTIVAL '08

REGEN will once again bring you a massive display of the freshest live Psytrance, progressive and electronica with an amazing 17 live acts and 17 DJs who'lll showcase local, interstate and international artists.

Live:
Error Corrective Wild Things Records (UK)

Error Corrective, Nick Howdle-Smith and Dan Warburton have been writing together for many years now and have formed an awesome balance of styles giving them their unique and distinct sound. They are now well established as one of the most popular acts on the U.K trance scene.
Their style - fat, underground, powerfully electronic, psychedelic dance music with awesome tight basses and programming attention that has steadily evolved throughout their years of experience within music production.
Error Corrective has the ability to manipulate many different aspects of trance and this will help to bring their music to a greater audience of listeners who will be thrown into a frenzied state of rhythmical absorption, squelchyness and groove!

Mr Peculiar Sonic Dragon (Melb)

Dustin Saalfield , aka Mr Peculiar. Based in Melbourne, Australia, Dustin has been creating electronic music for over 15 years, playing live and travelling all over Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Europe, and releasing tracks on a multitude of compilations. From as early as 1989 Dustin had been involved in various projects, producing hip hop, drum and bass and chilled out breakbeat music, before evolving into psychedelic trance. His first release as Mr Peculiar came in early 2001, on the Koyote Records compilation "Elephantitis". His debut album "Elements" was released by Tribeadelic in 2002, Since then he has had tracks featured on compilations from Spirit Zone, Tribeadelic, Beats and Pieces, Spectral, Procyon, Fragile Planet, Sphere, Oxygen, Green Ant Mindfunk and will also be featuring a track on the new T.I.P records compilation. Also, in collaboration with the Melbourne-based computer animation wizard "The Shapeshifter" he created a fully syncronised DVD entitled "Syncrosect", welding music and animation seamlessly together. Last year his 3rd album "Mind-dala" received rave reveiws and he followed up the release with tours of Australia Japan and Europe and is now writing a new album to be released at the end of this year. More recently he has combined forces with "Auricle" aka Minja Thomas In a new project entitled "Hyperception" and they are also currently writing an album and performing worldwide.

Spoonbill (Melb)
Benza (Melb)
Lost Keys (NNSW)
Terrafractyl (Melb)
Psyboriginal (NSW)
Electroholics (NNSW)
Positive thought (NNSW)
Daheen (psy & chill)
Akin
Meltdown
Tripy
Sol Connection
Sun Runner
Serotone

Djs
ref0.rM (NNSW)
Psyanide
Bio[diversity]
Rythmick Sun
Rythmick Alchemy
Elska vs Orphea
Gigawatt
Nezbit
Dukey
Phobia
Gilgamesh
Jeanie
Pesky
Acaeda
Fragrant Vagrant vs Akiw

Massive 30K DB Sound System tweaked by Secret Weapon, Visuals by VJ Damage , Lighting by Luminous Lights and all the mind blowing decor that you've come to expect by the REGEN crew.

The rootical swamp stage
The earth audio sound system is set to project- Dub, Deep Reggae, Dubstep and Soul Electronica coupled with visual projections. DJs, SingJ's and Live Bands:
Binghi Dub
Bashful
Dj Robotico (Freedom Sound)
Insurgent (hard drum & bass)
Altafari
Ras Gong Guerillas
Timber and Steel Sound System
+ More to be announced

Subsonic Stage
Dishing up a mix of twisted minimal tech and tweaked out elektro, the Subsonic Music stage delivers a handpicked selection of Sydney’s best DJs. Any conservative attitudes will be left in Sydney as the Subsonic DJs let loose dropping all the tasty favourites that have been earmarked for the outdoors. Juicy music programmed perfectly for the regrowth bush experience.

DJs:

MSG
Tripitaka
Pete Tongue
Orphea
Rif Raf
Marcotix
Murat
Bump DJs
Schwa
Occulus
Jason Lowe
Fresh
+ more to be announced

Ixchel Chill Stage
Ixchel crew present female DJs playing a variety of downtempo electronic music amidst stimulation. Herbal pick me ups, drinks and nibbles available at the local Ixchel Bush Store.
+ Full lineup to be announced soon

Servants Of Sound Stage
The SOS crew is proud to present some of Canberra's finest electronic artists across a broad range of genres continuing to provide a high level of service to all good sound.

Bodega Stage
The ever seductive Bodega crew return to welcome you to a rootsy palace of sensual mystical delights.

Entertainment
There is a multitude of other activities to explore.

Environmental workshops: Covering a broad range of environmental topics

Outdoor Cinema: Brings cutting edge cinema and proactive documentaries from home and abroad, to invoke and promote mind stimulating subjects while keeping a sense of humor.

KundaliciousCafe: Vegetarian delights to feed and the masses.

Market Village: Everything from fresh coffee, hot food, funky jewelry and environmental products.

Healing Space: A variation of natural healers will be available to sooth muscles, minds and rejuvenate ones spirit.

Revegetation
In the spectacular Southern Highlands atop a mountain with panoramic views of National Parks, we will be restoring a landscape that has erosion, salinity and wackytobaccy issues and allowing it to reach its potential of supporting more diversity of life.

To develop the already existing 3 years of plantings we will be giving the opportunity to offset your carbon and to feel the dirt between your fingers as you connect with other planters and the planet at the regrowth festival.

Plenty of camping space and amenities available. A limited number of tents are available to buy on arrival.

All ages welcome. No pets or fires. Bring your hats, boots, sunscreen and gloves for tree planting and dont forget the smiles!

Available only via GreenTix: http://www.greentix.com.au/evinfo.php?eventid=21697

Tickets: Early Bird (January) $50 + BF

Presale $60 + BF

General Admission (At the gate) $70

Public Transport will be available to and from Re-Growth '08

Bus Transfer to and from Sydney CBD

An air-conditioned bus will leave Sydney's Central Station (Eddie Avenue Sydney CBD) at 8pm Friday 29th February (Sharp) and take you directly to
the festival. It will then depart the festival site 5pm (Sharp) Sunday 2nd of March returning you to Sydney Central.

Limited spaces exist and once sold out there will no further express public transport to the festival site so get in quick and secure your seat before they all go! (please contact us for further information)

www.regen.org.au

spangk

FeralBrown wrote :
spangk wrote :
Heck Goa Gil saw the first ever chilled water ON the dancefloor.. the fountain of dequenchifiable.

Actually we did that at Celestial Circus or Mycelium quite a few years back! :P

hehe sweet coolness of water. What happened to it? I haven't seen a chilled fountain at any newie doofs since :idea:

Esoterica2000-III wrote :
Ixchel Chill Stage
Ixchel crew present female DJs playing a variety of downtempo electronic music amidst stimulation. Herbal pick me ups, drinks and nibbles available at the local Ixchel Bush Store.

Cool, i might as well fill in the empty spaces on the lineup for this one too :p

Ixchel Chill you Dj's
Amber
Darian
Lovelash
Orphea
Joy
Seachelle
Jeannie
Phobia
nezbit
Pawana
Dj Buttons
SacredVisceans
Bounce
+ more 2b confirmed

More info should come soon regarding genre's if people are interested...

FeralBrown

Dorman happened to it.
:lol:

*edit* My review is on my blog... didn't wanna drag this ol' beeyuch to the top again... :)
Last edited by FeralBrown on Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

spangk

hehe sounds like a right doof camp tale, or is my imagination fatter than than the reality (again :oops: )

VJ DAMAGE

FeralBrown wrote :
Dorman happened to it.

:crazy: classic
literally ROFL etc

niium

hehe. The amount of physical objects that 'Dorman has happened to' over the many years I have known him is quite mind boggling. I'd love to see them all compiled into one towering splintered pile for novelty appreciation.

Esoterica2000-III

niium wrote :
hehe. The amount of physical objects that 'Dorman has happened to' over the many years I have known him is quite mind boggling. I'd love to see them all compiled into one towering splintered pile for novelty appreciation.

My fave is the one when he rode that car off the road... umm hold up theres been like 4 or 5 of those.. :P Lucky man.

Gora

Looking good! Finnaly Mr.P!

*Taliana*

FeralBrown wrote :
Dorman happened to it.

CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tract

I like what Lance said about the party, Lance is a fetus that knows what time it is.

Pure__Ignorance

WTF is a dorman?

As for the whining going on and attempts at consoling, jeez, life is like a box of chocolates, you know?

But probably less chocolaty. And not in a box or something you can buy from the store. And life won't melt, but it does have an expiry date, you just can't see it so well. So Life probably isn't so much like a box of chocolates. But anyway, You just be grateful when things go well, break things and say fuck alot when they don't, hope for what you think is good and pray the bad won't be too bad and get on with enjoying every day of your life :)

itchytriggerniggerfingers

Pure__Ignorance wrote :
WTF is a dorman?

This is a Dorman

veil

"kids shouldnt be allowed at doofs"

maybe this is a great thread waiting to happen...

had a really good laugh at this one......

Im putting it down to one of those dumb comments that slips out before thinking.

my 2 year old daughter has already been to a fair few doofs including solar sonics / newey crew parties / wierd remote bush parties etc & no matter how hard I think I cant come up with a reason why she should be banned.

We keep her away from the worst of the trashbags / deviants / drug zombies etc & protect her ears & steer her towards the vibrant , interesting , good natured freaks & friends .

the main negative is parties where there isnt a large enough area to camp away from the sound systems .

Obviously some people out there might think kids at doofs is a bad idea.

We take our daughter almost everywhere we go .

Maybe if more children went to more parties (& party organisers catered even in some small way for them & their parents ) then the crowd numbers would beef up a little considering so many of us are breeding up tribes now after years of dancing in the bush through the 90's & early 2000's.

Peats ridge festival & a few others are a great example of this.

anyway , hope everyone eventually recovers from their Freakreation Experiences. Sounds like it could have been much, much worse.

yikes

spangk

Lance wrote :
fuck you deep as fuck off. and fuck you guide dog. and fuck you to the helicopter that landed on my head a little bit with the landing bit rail and then the mazda rx3 rotary blades sliced my head a little bit and really hurt my fucking skull :( everyone was hsouting for me to move out of the way of hte helicopter but i was fucking there first!!! maybe you could be a little biut more considerate next time and land further away from me. when the helicopter took off i grabbed onto the landing bit rail and did a body stretch!!!!!!!!! nobody saw that thorugh because it was when everyone else was sleeping!!!!!!! after that the ambuLANCE came to save me

so every1 that said the party was shit because of bad organisatoin. harden the fuck up! and every1 that had a great time. fuck you! it was bad organisation!

also keep an eye out for my party which is coming soon! it will feature guide dog and deep as fuck off on the main stage

i had to quote it cause it made me laugh a lot, nang ganang teh rescue chopper.. i can see it out rating bob the builder for sure.

veil wrote :
"kids shouldnt be allowed at doofs"

maybe this is a great thread waiting to happen...

had a really good laugh at this one......

Im putting it down to one of those dumb comments that slips out before thinking.

my 2 year old daughter has already been to a fair few doofs including solar sonics / newey crew parties / wierd remote bush parties etc & no matter how hard I think I cant come up with a reason why she should be banned.

We keep her away from the worst of the trashbags / deviants / drug zombies etc & protect her ears & steer her towards the vibrant , interesting , good natured freaks & friends .

the main negative is parties where there isnt a large enough area to camp away from the sound systems .

Obviously some people out there might think kids at doofs is a bad idea.

Thats right, i forgot about that comment in this thread. Actually i meant to make a comment regarding myself but then forgot, even forgot which forum i saw it on.

Every kid there i saw was having a great time. All the parents looked pretty sorted too which was very rad indeed. *very cute child pointing* "MUD!"

Maybe people feel uncomfortable with their newfound reality being shattered by the sight of a cute child wanting to run and jump in the mud. Maybe.

..did anyone else see the cubby built of leaves twigs and mud on the eastern hill? I rekn those boys had a memorable weekend.
122 posts Page 5 of 5