DRAGON DREAMING FESTIVAL

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
74 posts Page 1 of 3
D-Psyfa

What a weekend!!!

The rain just cleared up when I arrived and the water stage was sounding nice and phat...I think Anjay was playing (nice tunes bro!). The road up was in great condition especially considering how wet it was. Thankfully the rain stayed away until around midday on the Monday so we couldn't really have asked for better weather

The venue rocks and was kitted out very nicely......plenty of light, very cosy chill area and nice production on all the stages. Those Dragon eggs were mighty cool!!!

Enjoyed the music all weekend, especially the night sets by S.E.T.H and the guy before him (was that Alamout?).

Big ups to all the crew from SOS, REGEN, and Ixchel for making this the place to be on the long weekend!!

Can't wait 'til next year

alamout

Yeah uh, what he said, superb party, the music variety was incredible.

Yeh that was me before SETH D-psyfa, but SETH absolutely caned it, total highlight for me, as well as the other night artists after him, I kept trying to leave the dancefloor from 4am onwards to sleep but the music wouldn't let me, nezbit dropped some serious shit, it was awesome to see some other night artists playing the darker side of things.

big thanks to all the crews and artists who played, so amazing to have something like that right in my own backyard, can't wait for another one!

D-Psyfa

nice set bro.....very neat mixing, top track selection.

I haven't seen you play before but will make sure I catch the next one after that tasty effort!

I was a bit the same during the night there.......ran out of beer, but had a lot of trouble leaving the dancefloor to get back to the camp for a top up.....The tunes were so good!!

sci0n

Thanks to all involved in this festival, it was an amazing weekend.
I was so glad to get to play my new tunes to such an eager crowd and through such a chunky soundsystem!

Shane & crew, was good to see your vision. Looking forward to seeing what becomes in the years to come and you can count me in.

I'm exhausted now, time for food.

satori.

Rythmic sun

What a great weekend,
Thanks heaps to all involved for the amazing weekend, SOS, REGEN, IXCHELL all worked very hard to make this happen, it was very awesome to work with such great people.
All the music I heard was great.
Galaktik played the most amazing tribal ending to such a great party. One of the best sets I’ve seen ever, thanks heaps for such a blissful send off. You’re a master behind the decks.
Sunrunner, mate your music is superb, truly festival quality.
Meltdown and widespread kept the Sunday rock’n with some sweet daytime tunes.
Orphea, always a treat to see you play, your tunes drove the storm away and bought out the sunshine.
Solar spiral and satori kept the night pumping with some twisted tunes.

it was awesome to see some other night artists playing the darker side of things.
![/quote]

I think that would have been solar spiral he loves the darker side.

Thanks again for such an amazing experience looking forward to next year.
Peace
Johnny
Last edited by Rythmic sun on Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paradox

:dance:
arrived on sunday night easy drive

great venue and eforts from all the grups of ppl the stages where awsome

love the music of orphea after the storm

the only wish i have is to see more ppl coming to such festivals

this venue could easly fit another 1000 ppl

great work guys and girls

boom

Ju-Ju

what a lush playground. ** happiest bunch o peeps ive ever seen.

omnava25

oh my shiva!
that was one hell of a weekend, the best iv had i in some time, if not ever :lol: ! i just arrived home and am feeling surprisingly well.
Thanks to S.O.S, R.E.G.E.N AND IXCHEL for such a professional effort, the set up's were all really well planed out and aesthetically pleasing.I loved that dragon stage from start to finish, the atmosphere for Charly's set was incredible, it sent shivers and goose bumps all over my body, just walking on to the dancefloor when he was in full swing, it was an amazing rare experience for me.
HAIGE'S tribal mud dancing session to finish was also amazing.. thank you
:D and i had a great time hanging out with such really nice people, and some family i dont get to see very often, Thanks especially toShane,Chris,Micheal,Alex and Johnno for the help with all that stuff. :lol: AND that dude who helped me with that gennie for an hour when he was so tired and hungry and had people waiting for him but couldnt help but lend a hand :D :D,,,,
Last edited by omnava25 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

venatrix

After overcoming some initial setbacks and difficulties we managed to make it there on Sunday morning. I think the universe must have been smiling on us. Had a magical time exploring the bush and catching up with my extended doofing family. Your energy is amazing and the musical talent blows me away. It was so beautiful to see the 3 crews come together to pull off such a cracker of a party. Massive thanks to S.E.T.H. and love to everyone.

merlinux

looks like you had lots of fun!
Im sure i would have enjoyed listening to some nice prog from rhythmic sun but i went to beyond imagination and it was great too1. nice pics! hiya jay!

sci0n

^^ yeah johnny played a nice set of really psychedelic prog, freshest stuff i'd heard for a while.

Almost brought me to tears :wink:

biggie

sci0n wrote :
^^ yeah johnny played a nice set of really psychedelic prog, freshest stuff i'd heard for a while.

mate i thought exactly the same thing.. it had the most energetic get up and go groove to it, was a unreal set and i loved dancing to it..

is there anywhere i can get some sets to listen to or buy some tracks Rythmic?

Tezzie

For my first doof I can honestly say that I had one of the most amazing weekends I've had in a very long time! I was totally blown away with the effort and the production. Met some amazing and wonderful people. Won't forget that experience for a very long time! Can't wait till my next doof experience :)

STEVONOISEMAKER

what an awesome event weekend!

only made it down sunday arvo, but managed to catch most of spoonbill's set. brilliant. disect on the main stage was top notch also=)

amazing site, set up and such a solid combination of crews. seemed like everything was running so smoothly!! well done:)

the silent parts with neither big rig cranking did find an awkward spot in my brain in search of beats and noise, but i'm sure organisers had their valid reasons/visions for the programming.

i hope there will be more events of this kind in the future!

hoppy ploppy duck

so glad to hear it went so well! awesome, guys. really wish we could have been there to bust a move with everyone on the dance floor and share in it all. congrats to all the crews for making it happen, and to the talented DJs and producers for what was by the sounds of it incredible music... i hope there will be more to come so we can experience this festival when we are back in aus some day xx

jen
:)

nickthecheese

thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou

awesome party, max love and resepekt to all the crews who put the effort in to make it happen.

can't wait till next year!

sci0n

biggie wrote :
sci0n wrote :

mate i thought exactly the same thing..

hehe :lol:

FRACAS

very impressive....site was awsome
both stages were set up sweetly and packed quite enough punch throughout the whole festival..
highlights were many ....charlie mc mahon you fukin legendcharlie mc mahon you fukin legendcharlie mc mahon you fukin legendcharlie mc ymahon you fukin legendcharlie mc mahon you fukin legendcharlie mc mahon you fukin legendcharlie mc mahon you fukin legend, mega opening set for the main stage so organic but seriously hard gear...A+_
scotty, Pesky rocked the early sunday hard
meltdown a master under the preasure of technical adversity = win
Seth rocked it into Satori, awsome white zombie rmx bro nicely impressed..
Monday was succses chopper , Sensient , orphea, Sunrunner all killed it , sweet sweet....
but Haigs ending had win writen all over it..masterful, full of epic(u missed it joy..ha)and so so hard to ever leave from :(
thanks heaps to ALL crews involved, it seemed like a serious group effort that was pulled off well. Great to finally party in the ACT, hope this festival becomes some type of annual event, well worth it. i could have done with a couple more days of it.
bOM.

brainstorma

cute chicky
but who is the fat bastard next to her

well what a weekend

that was a very tasty festival

lots of fun
intresting music and great to see soem old and new faces on the dance floor

spent miost of my time around the chilll area

thanks to those that come and had a little bop along to my set on monday morning

highlights on the main stage for me was the sensient/ophea/sunrunner/galatic afternoon goodness

the mud figths
and mango madness

here is to more SOS/regen/that unprenasable crews name dragon goodness

noitnemretsim

Looks like a wicked event, great decor. Looks like this weekend seperated the darkness from the light.

Looks like the eternal struggle is powerful on both sides. balanced.

Rock n roll.

oops

That really was delicious!

The weekend definitely had extra festive magic happening... what a joy. Could not have asked for a more perfect party to bring along a dear friend for her first taste of doof.

The site was lovely- plenty of shady pine-needle cushioned patches for camping, and lots of green space to zoom around between the various stages.

The decor was juicy and colourful. I loved the little dragon/gargoyle gatekeepers at the dancefloor entrances. Beautiful curly banners at the water stage. Magnificent dragon mama with her eggs/spheres at the fire stage. Those mirror eyes were a cool detail.

The fire stage opening and Rhythm organism was explosive. How amped up was the energy on that floor?! I hopped onto the grid and was just blown away by the ride. Awesome.

Monday was filled with some fantastic music. I woke in time for a dawn boogie. Jeannie's set was a great start... then over to hear Onda outdoors - that was great boys. I look forward to hearing more over the summer hopefully.

The wind picked up... and the sky sprinkled rain.. and very small hail, but the sun came out again... and shone on the muddy happy hippies relishing it all and wiggling happily... the music was one sonic treat after another.

It was a bummer to miss the afternoon music, sounds just like my cup of tea. Glad to hear it all ended well.

Hope the Dragon Dreams again next year everyone... this year was delicious!

:thumb:

exhibit_k

STEVONOISEMAKER wrote :

the silent parts with neither big rig cranking did find an awkward spot in my brain in search of beats and noise, but i'm sure organisers had their valid reasons/visions for the programming.

hey - did you see the opening ceremony with the live drumming performance then charlie mcmahon playing in the background whilst the performers did the firespinning and the traditional ceremonial welcome? it was very beautiful and overwhelming (and the reason why we closed down the two big stages for half an hour) :wink:

Servants of Sound.

It was a truely amazing festival. Thank you to the crews that travelled down to help us. thank you to the artists and musicians that made this such an amazing event. Thank you to everyone that made the effort to attend. Everyone at Dragon Dreaming contributed something and that is what made it such a special event.

Love

Servants of Sound

Here is a selection of photos from the weekend.

Thank you and see you next year.

The Journey Man Project

looks like it was great fun :D nice to see Canberra can hold it's own with a big festival... congrats to SOS and all other crews and people involved :D

exhibit_k

i'm feeling so overwhelmed by the amount of effort everyone put in. the crews, the volunteers, the artists and musicians, but also all of those who came.

thank you so much for making it so much fun, and i'm very much elated for making so many new friends!!! thank you - couldn't have done it all without you!!!
74 posts Page 1 of 3