Beyond Imagination

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
32 posts Page 1 of 2
merlinux

Nobody reviewed the party yet so Ill start ;)
Had lots of fun. Its been so long since I went to a 3 days party and I really enjoyed it. There was some nice tracks played on monday morning. Kamikazi's set was awesome. Had a good time at the chill out stage too which was amazingly big and loud :D thank you kristjian and co!
shame for the so so weather but dancing barefoot in the mud was so frickin great!!!! Thank you phil and the girl whom i forgot the name already (damn brain cells!) for taking my shoes out!
See you all soon guys! track 2?
Alexis

KOKIDOO

:lol: ..freakin awsome party!!!! lots thanks Travis , illuminati and alls.
was brillaint ! brillaint !! psycedelic
i had been waitin for such a long time for a proper psycedelic music .....
nite time was kiiling it !!!! thiago , agent23 , Baphomet engine ...was impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....thanks heapssssssssssssssssssssss
love the unlimited dark psycedelic energy ...loving it !! loving it!!!!
how can i deny that ? impossible
that was first time that the music bring me back to a full psycedelic stopin!!!!heyaaaaahh!!! freakin wicked feeling!!!!!
..what akiller nite !! why cant we have that more often ? :twisted:
the weather didnt bother my party mood whatsoever ..lovely to see new e friends ...the whole weekend was wonderful energy ......On sunday morning was really good also ....Abuse morning set was supa!!! really like that ..so funny some people talk about fullon music not psycedelic ..i really think they those have to spend more time on da dance floor ..heheheheh...
the whole party music was unreal ..hahahah ..i love that ...especially Mash morning set was amazing ...good to see u and your little miss agian mash... :wink:
afterall i hope alls come home safe and cant wait next one friendssssssssss
love ya

Cyberwlf

I should be more jealous of not seeing Baphomet Engine, but honestly, i'm more dissapointed I missed Mash play! :P Glad to hear it was wicked!

SYNeR

Awesome party.. Actually, definitely the best party I've been to as far as the lineup goes. I don't think I heard a set the whole party that I didn't like.. Every set was filled with awesomeness.

I absolutely loved the night music and found myself even getting into the day music a lot more than I normally would. I especially loved.. Agent 23, Baphomet Engine, Hefty Output, Kamakazi (I had a feeling his set would be good after hearing the EP), Yobi (awesome set as per usual), Mekultra, Simon.. and the rest :wink:

After not having been to a party for ages (the last one I went to was recommended solutions.. so quite a while), and after having only listened to mostly mediocre psy for the last several months (I need to dig deeper for good music) -- this party has definitely renewed (and even increased) my interest in psy.

Personally, I don't think the weather could have been any better. I especially loved that nice misty second morning. The little rain, if anything, was actually quite refreshing.

A big thank you to Trav and everyone else involved whose great efforts resulted in an awesome party -- it was much appreciated.

gher

Apart from having one of my records crushed by a falling speaker and getting sick, it was a pretty good party. I'm not a huge fan of the minimal sort of dark psy so I wasn't too excited by Baphomet Engine. Heard some real nasty shit from Agent 23 (I think) and Kamakazi once again delivered the goods in two styles I'd never heard him play.

Also making enemies with a hippy lady at the start of one of my sets. That was fun. I guess that means I did my job properly.

ThiagoMiranda

BEST PARTY EVER !!!!!!!!
trav knows , i was beggin him to let the party go for a few more hours or days hehehehe
i was lOVING it !!!
im fucking tired now, but tomorrow ill write a full review and post some pics...
good on ya trav and illluminati and elodie ;P
u guyz rock
love ya all

ATREYU

That was AWESOME.
Truly that was the most fun i've had at a party all year. The music was top notch all the way. My favs were Agent 23 ( consistently pushing those boundaries), Baphomet engine (especially that Supa Guitar track towards the end of his set), Mash, so good to see u and your missus here, your set was rockin and your shenanigans behind the decks def shows your professional dj skills.
Kamakazi was sick, i really like that Voodoo people remix.
Lost noiSe had some awesome original sounding night tunes.
All the other dj's killed it aswell. The flow of the lineup was perfect the whole way.

The weather was not as wet as we feared, but the rain did not affect anything really as that 'Freeflow" shelter saved the day. Thats the best shelter ever, soo big, so flexible.

The dancefloor was fully goin off, tis good to see a proper rockin dancefloor going full tilt.

We are truly spoilt to have such world class lineups in our own backyard. I cannot wait for "Metaphysics".

Thanx for the awesome party.

:thumb: :killah: :smasha: :clap:

Pete_Paranoid

The rain made it difficult for me, especially after all that work I put in, because just as i though it was going to clear up and though I was alright to pull the tarp off the truss, the rain began again and I had to watch the (electrical and data) system slowly disintegrate like the Titanic, (some of it kept running though). I learned a few lessons from this party, I hope you enjoyed my lighting show and gave you a taste of what I can do and the direction I am headed!
I made up for it by going nuts later! :m: :twisted: I enjoyed sets by Alex (when my lighting system was running sweeter than it even has), Baphomet Engine, Agent 23 (so intense), Paul Abad, Spotty's after party set brought me to tears of laughter, in fact there is to many too mention!
Thanks to Mike, Trav, Elle and crew for all the hospitality. :thumb:
noitnemretsim

merlinux wrote :
Had a good time at the chill out stage too which was amazingly big and loud :D thank you kristjian and co!

Wouldnt have been possible without happychickens. They are teh solid gold awesome.

And it wasn't a chill stage. We had everything but chill.

SubStance

Thankyou all for a deadly weekend of music. The whole lineup was killah!!! I haven't been able to really let go on the dancefloor for a long time and i never thought it would happen at one of our own events. I expected to be run off my feet all weekend but with the help of the whole crew the event ran amazingly smooth.

Thankyou so much to everyone that contributed. I wont mention everyone here from fear of forgetting someone i shouldn't.

We are taking a month off then going straight into planning for next year. We have some big plans to take the event to the next level. Stay posted as next year will blow you away.....

Off to secret sessions then a full download of the chaos from Baphos east coast tour next week!!!!!!

~boom~

noitnemretsim

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
The rain made it difficult for me, especially after all that work I put in, because just as i though it was going to clear up and though I was alright to pull the tarp off the truss, the rain began again and I had to watch the (electrical and data) system slowly disintegrate like the Titanic, (some of it kept running though). I learned a few lessons from this party, I hope you enjoyed my lighting show and gave you a taste of what I can do and the direction I am headed!
I made up for it by going nuts later! :m: :twisted: I enjoyed sets by Alex (when my lighting system was running sweeter than it even has), Baphomet Engine, Agent 23 (so intense), Paul Abad, Spotty's after party set brought me to tears of laughter, in fact there is to many too mention!
Thanks to Mike, Trav, Elle and crew for all the hospitality. :thumb:

Rest assured pete, nobody was dissapointed. The fact you never gave up is what added to teh awesome. Remember there is no price for awesomness.

The Journey Man Project

Sounds like this was a really sweet gig. Nice to see the darkness getting an outing, damn shame I couldn't make it coz the Baph rocked last time I saw 'em overseas :twisted:

Maybe next year :shock: 8)

Bounce

Stupid car decided to die on Friday......so bummed I missed this :o( Ryan (Mekultra) if you read this HAPPY FRIGGIN BDAY! :o)

SubStance

The Journey Man Project wrote :
Sounds like this was a really sweet gig. Nice to see the darkness getting an outing, damn shame I couldn't make it coz the Baph rocked last time I saw 'em overseas :twisted:

Maybe next year :shock: 8)

Dude , I'd get your ass to Brisbane to see bapho cause it will be the last time the baphomet project will play in Australia ever!!!

We will however have two artist next year that will blow your fucking mind.

The Journey Man Project

would love to go to brissy... but cash flow says otherwise! Damn car repairs!

next years sounds interesting...

simon

i missed everything i went there to see. what an anticlimax.

had fun playing, the support you guys gave me was awesome, was good to see people smiling and dancing to my selection of music. i truly didnt think it would go down so well... sorry for going a bit hard at the end but yeah, i assumed alex would play up records style. but im soooooo glad he didnt, because he played some tasty, tasty music, really well mixed too! I love a DJ who can play more than one style, and its really cool to be surprised by someone like that.

travis' impromptu "i forgot my cds so i'll play music i've never heard before" set was funny as, i wish i had his grace on stage

any pictures?

noitnemretsim

simon wrote :
i missed everything i went there to see. what an anticlimax.

had fun playing, the support you guys gave me was awesome, was good to see people smiling and dancing to my selection of music. i truly didnt think it would go down so well... sorry for going a bit hard at the end but yeah, i assumed alex would play up records style. but im soooooo glad he didnt, because he played some tasty, tasty music, really well mixed too! I love a DJ who can play more than one style, and its really cool to be surprised by someone like that.

travis' impromptu "i forgot my cds so i'll play music i've never heard before" set was funny as, i wish i had his grace on stage

any pictures?

What happened to you regular simon. Didnt see ya all weekend.

ALEXUP

Thanks mate, your set was amazing also!!!

PS that style of music is one of the directions I want to take the label in the next year - Full Hybrids - Un-genre-ble

simon

noitnemretsim wrote :
What happened to you regular simon. Didnt see ya all weekend.

i did come by the second stage a few times after my set but i couldnt see you anywhere. infact, halfway through travis' set i went looking for anyone... and found no one, although I saw plenty of people i didnt know.

i had to leave just hours after my set. it wasnt planned for, i thought i was partying all night. shit happens when you're a passenger :(

SubStance

gher wrote :
I'm not a huge fan of the minimal sort of dark psy so I wasn't too excited by Baphomet Engine.

Dude? It was hardly Minimal>>> Sorry to hear about your records, i saw that systemm on the second stage take more then one spill.
YoBi

I had a friggn AWESOME time!!! :D Most fun I've had at a party yet!!
Spent the days before runnin round all hekktikk, with little sleep. Thought I might be a little flat for the party but, alas!!
The music was top notch! Have been looking for sumfin to renew my passion for psy (and related genres) and Beyond delivered to me a fine platter of phat, tasty grooves. :arrow: Autonomech was my first full length Zenon dancefloor adventure and now I'm hookd!! Fukn luv it!! Morsels 2nz r so quirky and playful its hard not to wiggle and Ian also delivered the highest quality u could ever imagine. :arrow: MASH :!: U FUKN ROCK!!! I gave u a half hour of my set coz u were so damn inspirational! Heeps glad 2 hav u bak bro :D :arrow: Paul Abad, u bend my brain just right 8) ... . . . I could go on, but I'll just say that EVERYONE played a sweet set, the flow was awesum :twisted:
There was sumfin about this party that just worked and made everything fall into place ... maybe it was Chaos engineering 8) .... or I musta had an Angel lookn ova me :wink:
Fuck Yeh, bring on BEYOND '09 :idea: :!:

Experience Hamparty

damn it wish i got there. gotta not be so lazy and look for a lift earlier.
SubStance

YoBi wrote :
I had a friggn AWESOME time!!! :D Most fun I've had at a party yet!!
Spent the days before runnin round all hekktikk, with little sleep. Thought I might be a little flat for the party but, alas!!
The music was top notch! Have been looking for sumfin to renew my passion for psy (and related genres) and Beyond delivered to me a fine platter of phat, tasty grooves. :arrow: Autonomech was my first full length Zenon dancefloor adventure and now I'm hookd!! Fukn luv it!! Morsels 2nz r so quirky and playful its hard not to wiggle and Ian also delivered the highest quality u could ever imagine. :arrow: MASH :!: U FUKN ROCK!!! I gave u a half hour of my set coz u were so damn inspirational! Heeps glad 2 hav u bak bro :D :arrow: Paul Abad, u bend my brain just right 8) ... . . . I could go on, but I'll just say that EVERYONE played a sweet set, the flow was awesum :twisted:
There was sumfin about this party that just worked and made everything fall into place ... maybe it was Chaos engineering 8) .... or I musta had an Angel lookn ova me :wink:
Fuck Yeh, bring on BEYOND '09 :idea: :!:

Next year letss hear some Variant Action!!! you rok bro... Now we just need to survive this weekend, After passing out drunk on mikes balcony already I'm sure we are in for a good weekend.

mrbadgerman

first doof of my life at 17. but the 1st of many. Hefty nd his crazy morning set, nd alex sending the party absolutely pumping when i was trying to sleep, fuking good tunes, location nd weekend.

Brain cells still not functioning right
lenkou

YoBi wrote :
I'll just say that EVERYONE played a sweet set, the flow was awesum :twisted:
There was sumfin about this party that just worked and made everything fall into place ...

What Yobez said.
32 posts Page 1 of 2