Weekend Psyfari

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
146 posts Page 2 of 6
gabbakeisen

Had an Awesome time friday night but had to shoot back to syd late sat and missed most of the nocturnal shenanigans, oh well, was fun whilst i was there.
Pete_Paranoid

DECRION DEE

That was some serious fun.... we had the best time and the music was fantastic

I still have that song:"what shell we do with the drunken sailor early in the morning... in my head hahahahahaha classic!

Congrats stevo and crew!
Sinner

Hi guys,

We left early to take Tetrameth to the airport and the genny back to the good people from Coates ;)

Lots of the crew and some helpful doofers are still out there in the heat packing down the stages and cleaning up the serious mess left behind. Packing both stages is no mean feat, those Chickens are relentless!

I had a great time, often was far too much for my poor little mammalian brain to handle and was frequently caught staring blankly and grunting when spoken to. Sorry :oops:

Got a few pics I took early before messiness made operation of opposable thumbs impossible , will post them soon!

Saturday night was rediculous. My feet still hurt from stompage.

Too many thanks, too much fun, it can only be summed up in an emoticon:

:killah:

I only wish you would clean up your mess!
D-ANgel and Elliott

:lol:
MAMMOTH ELECTRIC MAGIC......UTTER BLISS! :)****

We are too happy at the results from this gathering........once again we all worked as one tribe to make it happen and seriously could not have done it without working together! :)*

The vibe was bliss, people rocking out were awesome and the music delicious!! Tetrameth made the dancefloor go bezerk and his set was something extraordinary** Merkeba nice to hear your tunes and all the DJS who had a spin and shared there mix wow and thankyou**
One major point we want to make it the lushness of the vibe that was present......it is nice to feel that at a doof again...a community united makes the decor and vibe so much more raw and yummy! Stompping under the stars and other shiny bits with you all was something special**

Giant thankyous go out to everyoine who contributed in some way.....Stevo, all us chickens, Pete, Rollyz(totally dug the zebra jeep and the cruises I had in it showing the site to people), Jaxx, people who covered the door and food shifts, Jay for decor, the zucchini and choc cake maker hehe, Red and Sara for the LUSH property and everyone else who weaved the web of magic******************

Next year I think it needs to be longer maybe long weekend so more playtime can be had...we will sort that one when the crews meet up** We will make it a bigger monster ......

lix, vibes and RARRS to all
E and D :)*

P.S- LOST AND FOUND WILL BE POSTED BY JUJU SOON....SO MUCH STUFF LEFT BEHIND :!:
D-ANgel and Elliott

yes we agree Sinner........rubbish was in mammoth proportions! we really need to sort that bit out and all doofers shoud take what they make....looking after the environment is important :mrgreen:
Sinner

When I blow my nose, cow poo and dirt comes out.
synthz

Some videos :D

niium

Last edited by niium on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
milf

WOWZAS! what an incredible weekend that was! thankyou to everyone =) :bounce:

met so many nice new characters.. and did much dancing in the crazy fun of wonderland.
was sooo happy to see the music was still going until monday morning..

unfortunately my camera sat in the tent for the middle of the party being forgotten but here are some pics from the first afternoon and the last afternoon.. haha =)

unfortunately (as has been said) we were left with a massive mountain of rubbish at the end of the party.. it was astounding.. we had a TRUCK to fill with rubbish and we filled it.. however there was soooo much we didnt have room for it all.. everyone taking their small mess home is much more manageable than few people taking everyone's huge mess home..

keep the pics coming peoples!

have fun!
daniel
=)
Phsiris

Psyfari was huge! Heaps of awesome people to frolic with and then munt out with.
And sound system was epic. Can not wait till the next one. :)
zvrle

Whooohooo.. What can I say... Everything was AWESOME...
And I think it should be every year, so... till next PSYFARI
Be haaaappyyyyyyyyy....

LOVE PEACE SUN SMILE...

:killah: :)))))
TwinkleDee

wow guys what an awesome party!! I had the time of my life! Thanks so much to Nicky Nickster and Lisa Sage for helping me to the ends of the earth with costume preparations for the crew!! you lovely bastards you!! :wink:

Leeroy looked truly fantastical in his swamp beast outfit!! :shock: :twisted:

Well done to the Happy Chickens for all their hard work - it could never be so awesome without you!!

The swimming hole was such a perfect relief from the heat, which was intense at times, especially when waking up in the sauna style tent!! - I cant wait to have my dream van! BRUM BRUM!!

Tetrameth was great!! :dj: what a dancefloor that was, and well fuckin done to Mitchy for playing his own tracks - it was worth it in the end buddie! Daheen, ever the entertainer was in his element, i wonder where he gets his array of costumes from??!! - how much fun to see all the animal costumes and feel like a herd of doofers for a while!

Stevos hands are still blue hehe ( and so are many mouths no doubt!) and i am still covered in glitter, it'll prolly be in my life for weeks!!

Jworld looked beautiful and the swings were so much fun - 10/10 for props, ears, tails, noses, decor, souped up safari trucks, swings, crazy mirrors and blue juice!!!

Love all you guys, what an excellent time we had!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVO!!!!!!

Twinkle :o)

I can hardly wait for the next one!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Brains

Total. Utter. Awesome. So much awesome, it was awesome! Kudos and thanks the Crazy Clucksters for the gig, the owners of the property for finding a golden bushland heaven for hoardes of happy hippies to frolick in, the mad spinners of tunes for their grooves & beats, and everyone who dressed up and brought happy playful vibes along to share!

GROUP HUGS!!!

I was only there for about 16 hours all up, as I had the Inestimable Mrs Nezbit to keep an eye on -- despite managing to make a total mess of her neck, she put on a salonpas and a brave smile and played an amazing dawn set on the Sunday morning (her last for a while, and it was a corker of a swan-song). Had me a good wiggle or three during the morning & afternoon in between social roamings and generally had a splendid outing in all, until Josie's neck got the better of her and we toodled off in the Toyota around 4. Judging from the pics & vids, seems a bit of a pity I missed some of the Saturday shenannigans, but hey, It's All Good. I even got to wear my +1 HAT for a while!
MadMadame

What a bloody fantastic location!! Absolutely loved it- especially the creek. How nice was it to cool off the feeties and have a little stroll down the creek in the squishy sand. Also loved the music on Sunday all day- was such lovely cruisy dancing music. Thanks djs!!! Thanks organising peeps too! It was a great success in my opinion.

I'm really sorry to hear about all the garbage left behind. Come on guys!! That's really lame. Take responsibility for yourselves people!! All doofs (and doofers) should have a

LEAVE NO TRACE

policy. I think at the very least you should be able to take out what you bring in. I reckon it's really bad form to make/expect other people to pick up after you. For next time make yourself a promise that you will take care of your own trash, no matter how trashy you get. Whatchareckon???

Peas
Ju-Ju

heell l yea !! team.. wat an EPIC turnout.. watching it all grow and come together was amazing... took a little longer to get the sound crankin but well worth the wait..
It was the ultimate playland for all.. ppl beaming from all aspects of the experience..
Huuge thanx 2 Dan n El n chiken crew..steevo, twinkle n gypsy house for the glitter and costumes...friends at door and kitchen.. even though sinna was like "get yr cold pizza yrself and then pay me... i wana eat that whole cake hmmm" hehe.. nah kitchen was normally service with a animalistic smile.. my kids with the truck help, :love: rollys for the crazy pyfari vehicle , pete for the dazzling lumination,
all the artists and djs who created the freqs n vibes we stomped to non stop.. and the bugs crikets ants and monitors ..
and thanx to all who got into the spirit with yr furry bitz ..

tho id like to know who threw 3 beer bottles into a wombat hole.. he wasnt very impressed .. he doesnt like thooeys new (dont blame him)
:verymad:

see u all next time :atom:

beatpyramid

Thats really sad to hear about the mess, i managed to fit my rubbish and some other peoples that was left behind.
I drive a getz, so if i can fit it in there, everyone else can manage it too!

I still cant get over what an amazing weekend that was.

i have some photos up on Macebook :

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... =602591833

and some vids of sunday morning:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=66431951833

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=66429916833

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO WAS THERE!
YOU ALL MADE MY WEEKEND!
:D
BigSpoon

Totally fantradtastically awesome!

Was certainly a kick arse party. Was so much fun venturing out there to see old faces and meet some new ones (Though I wouldn't remember your name if I fell over you in the street hahaha I'm USELESS). Was doubly awesome taking my girl out to enjoy the experience. She'd never even been camping before but you can bet your bippy this certainly won't be the last time she does! Fun was had by all!

My only gripe was the damn heat! Though I'm much more a fan of grim and frost bitten weather when it comes to doofs lol. I'd love to see it closer to winter next time around!

Oh and those ANTS! I'm pretty sure the tree we camped under was the home of black bull ants. They just kept coming to get us and eventually no amount of pea beu would deter them!

Tetrameth was of course frikkin AWESOME. Everyone else I heard/saw was really really top notch. We spent a lot of time just chilling out and venturing around the valley, and not a WHOLE lot of time dancing or even at the stages, but everyone I saw was tops!

Those swings were GREAT. So very refreshing!

Wocka Wocka Wocka!

WoopWoopWoopWoopWoop!

EDIT: Yeah the garbage issue is a serious one! There were a lot of new faces- perhaps they're just not educated about the fact we don't go out to destroy the land.

It is especially disappointing when you consider that many garbage bags were even handed out at the gate and by the crew throughout the weekend...

We should have some sort of token system where you get $5 off the next party if you leave with a bag full of rubbish! lol Well maybe not, but it would be good to encourage people to be clean somehow...
beatpyramid

BigSpoon wrote :

Was certainly a kick arse party. Was so much fun venturing out there to see old faces and meet some new ones (Though I wouldn't remember your name if I fell over you in the street hahaha I'm USELESS). Was doubly awesome taking my girl out to enjoy the experience. She'd never even been camping before but you can bet your bippy this certainly won't be the last time she does! Fun was had by all!

big spoon was it you and your lady friend that offered to lend me and my mate a tarp when we realised our tent bag had no tent in it?
BigSpoon

beatpyramid wrote :
BigSpoon wrote :

big spoon was it you and your lady friend that offered to lend me and my mate a tarp when we realised our tent bag had no tent in it?

Yeah that was us :)

How did you go with the car? SURELY you were VERY FUCKING OVER IT by the time you got back to Canberra! lol
Sinner

Ju-Ju wrote :
i wana eat that whole cake hmmm" hehe..

I make no apologies for falling in love with that cake! On Sunday afternoon it was like the Gods themselves had conspired to place it within reach of my fork.

Whoever brought that cake is my best friend. Next time, make a decoy cake for me ;)

Big thanks to Paranoid Pete with his Luminous Lights, what a lightning ninja, without warning all of a sudden on Friday there's pretty lights everywhere turning trees alive and crawling all on the grass and shooting through the sky, it was great.

Good on Twinkle for mentioning Mitchy's set, one of my fav for the weekend, and judging by the howls of pleasure the crowd felt similarly. Also really enjoyed Seraph Smaos Sunday Set on the renegade, was cleaning up beer bottles at the gate and ended up floored by the beautiful vista of mountains and trees before me with her music floating over the water. Had to sit down lest I lose my legs.

The most memorable for me was the dude from the REGEN crew I think Shane is his name? Late Sat night/early Sun morning played some great beats including that tribal track from The Nommos Primal Meltdown album. I really blew up at that point and still buzzing from it today.
dtta

BigSpoon wrote :
Yeah that was us :)

How did you go with the car? SURELY you were VERY FUCKING OVER IT by the time you got back to Canberra! lol

Hiya. And was it you that came up the hill to ask if I had an electric air pump in my car?
Pete_Paranoid

GREAT WORK STEVO!

Ju-Ju wrote :

An absolutely awesome site and will be better with some rain to allow the river bed to fill up, but it was great for sore feet!
Adored the stage and I'm jealous and want one of my own!
Good sound Elliot and the Happy Chickens, especially on the Saturday.
Awesome decor, especially Tinkerbell's "leg's" in the water, and I’ll explain to you why!
It started pretty slowly, this time so slowly it was as though my time had stopped! During testing the lighting I absentmindedly plugged my (old) console into the light distro on one third intensity and killed it, which is a very, very stupid thing to do! I couldn't use DMX on the lighting I rigged and had to run what I could manually which is clumsy and exhausting to say the least. Then later I found myself asking, "which idiot didn't pack my tube controller into the Van?". So I went back to Sydney and hired another one (and because it was hired it was of course differently programmed). I just made it back in time to play my (dj) set. Later that night I was rumbling through my gear and found it!
I smoked five cigarette's (which I hate, but I only smoked them because I "had" too,) and drank 10-11 beers over the four days, and that's it, straight up!
I really enjoyed Bio [Diversity]'s set and during Nezbit's set I fell sleep, sorry, it was either that or fall over on the spot.

On the Sunday when had some time checked my console and found, as I hoped it was a fuse.

On the way back I had crickets happily chirping in my van. Oh yeah, they were having a mad time!

9/10
keirrajade

rollyz wrote :
A Psyfari Adventure in pictures...

Lets go for a ride...

haha i don't remember this one being taken of me...
keirrajade

BigSpoon wrote :
EDIT: Yeah the garbage issue is a serious one! There were a lot of new faces- perhaps they're just not educated about the fact we don't go out to destroy the land.

It is especially disappointing when you consider that many garbage bags were even handed out at the gate and by the crew throughout the weekend...

We should have some sort of token system where you get $5 off the next party if you leave with a bag full of rubbish! lol Well maybe not, but it would be good to encourage people to be clean somehow...

I don't think anyone was out to destroy the land, I think it must have just been assumed that all the rubbish was to be taken at the end (like festivals etc)...
146 posts Page 2 of 6