Weekend Psyfari

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
146 posts Page 4 of 6
secret weapon

STEVONOISEMAKER wrote :
Chappo wrote :
We should start planning for the next one

the gears be spinning already....

Oh dear.. Does the above relate the an upcoming theme by any chance?

P.s. Great party guys, heaps of fun, looking forward to the next one...
STEVONOISEMAKER

we could always have a blue party.

lindsey could be braveheart, others could be smurfs, blue man group etc. we would need a lot of blue, but the possibilities are endless!
STEVONOISEMAKER

secret weapon wrote :
STEVONOISEMAKER wrote :

Oh dear.. Does the above relate the an upcoming theme by any chance?

that video could mean the creation of any monster:P

no clues yet i'm afraid, you'll just have to wait and see :)
synthz

STEVONOISEMAKER wrote :

lindsey could be braveheart, others could be smurfs, blue man group etc. we would need a lot of blue, but the possibilities are endless!

Eifle 65 remix anyone?
STEVONOISEMAKER

haha

beatpyramid

STEVONOISEMAKER wrote :
haha

now that is not something you see everyday!
seriously how do they come up with this stuff?
beatpyramid

BigSpoon wrote :
beatpyramid wrote :
BigSpoon wrote :
Totally fantradtastically awesome!

Was certainly a kick arse party. Was so much fun venturing out there to see old faces and meet some new ones (Though I wouldn't remember your name if I fell over you in the street hahaha I'm USELESS). Was doubly awesome taking my girl out to enjoy the experience. She'd never even been camping before but you can bet your bippy this certainly won't be the last time she does! Fun was had by all!

big spoon was it you and your lady friend that offered to lend me and my mate a tarp when we realised our tent bag had no tent in it?

Yeah that was us :)

How did you go with the car? SURELY you were VERY FUCKING OVER IT by the time you got back to Canberra! lol

well i ended up loosing my mind at tetrameth so i slept outside that night, and my mate slept in the car. It was actually really cool sleeping outside! i suggest you try it sometime!

im always going to have a tarp and rope in my car nowdays! ALWAYS!

but thanks for the offer of the tarp! you are one of the coolest people i met all weekend! genuine person!
Ju-Ju

:atom:
Phsiris

satori i personally thought your set was awesome and i believe parties need to have a more relaxed environment when it comes to music. so i sort of think that you jamming over josie shouldnt have been to big a deal and if it was, she should have approached you during her set. live jam sets would be quite an awesome idea and either way, wicked party once again, messsy kunts is a given and goods times were surely had by all.
spangk

psyllium wrote :
synthz wrote :
I didn't see it happen. Anyway, I'm sure you've all made mistakes before, especially whilst on the party juice. Good luck in sorting yourself out man.

Agreed... these things do happen from time to time (as those who have been there will attest). I think everyone will learn from the experience but it's best not to dwell on it.

Fully, don't dwell on it too much but i think that's the whole point, wehn u stop thinking of yourself all the time things open and lighten up.

Satori i'm not that bothered at a Dj level, it sounded pretty dodgy what you did from time to time that's for sure but o well, it wasn't my dodgy. In fact on the day and even upon finishing my set i wasn't that bothered. What happened was my thoughts expanding here and there over the last four five days about how you being able to just waltz up and do what ever you wanted over me without asking, without any care as to me... even contuing after i constantly asked you to stop but fuk it, i was over it. Thing is I've supported you with your music as you know with words and more and never laid insult upon who you are. You showed me disrespect is all, as a person. My set and Dj *career* (high paying as it is) will survive easily so maybe you and even you phiris don't get my point. ces la vis and on it goes. You should have called me or sent me a message man, that's the right thing to do and maybe i would have chilled sooner... no contact.

Satori your set wasn't totally bad, pretty sloppy stage presence but :lol:

..anyway i'm feeling bit regretful at all this so lets get on with it hey :bonfire:
Satori

spangk wrote :
You should have called me or sent me a message man, that's the right thing to do and maybe i would have chilled sooner... no contact.

I would have josie, but I didn't remember anything from the night.
The first I heard about my shenanigans with you, or for that matter, the entire night, was from on here.
So yeah, I would have sent you a message right away if I new it happened but I didn't.
i'm sorry it happened but maybe you also should have sent me a message before roasting me but I guess it's just one of those things that happens and I can totally understand.
I am still really ashamed of everything I did that night, I want to apologise again to everybody that was effected and thank the few people who have shown concern.
spangk

Take it easy Satori, will talk to you when I see you next... 8)
BigSpoon

BigSpoon wrote :
beatpyramid wrote :
BigSpoon wrote :
Totally fantradtastically awesome!

Yeah that was us :)

How did you go with the car? SURELY you were VERY FUCKING OVER IT by the time you got back to Canberra! lol

well i ended up loosing my mind at tetrameth so i slept outside that night, and my mate slept in the car. It was actually really cool sleeping outside! i suggest you try it sometime!

im always going to have a tarp and rope in my car nowdays! ALWAYS!

but thanks for the offer of the tarp! you are one of the coolest people i met all weekend! genuine person!

haha thats a very good idea. Or invest in a swag. Almost impossible to forget the poles and pegs when you wrap them up inside the thing when you're down camping ;)

And cheers dude, was good to meet you guys also. Was funny seeing your states progress throughout the weekend lol

Oh and sleeping outside, I dunno how you didn't drown... that was some mighty dew that valley had! lol
Pete_Paranoid

keirrajade wrote :
BigSpoon wrote :
EDIT: Yeah the garbage issue is a serious one! There were a lot of new faces- perhaps they're just not educated about the fact we don't go out to destroy the land.

It is especially disappointing when you consider that many garbage bags were even handed out at the gate and by the crew throughout the weekend...

We should have some sort of token system where you get $5 off the next party if you leave with a bag full of rubbish! lol Well maybe not, but it would be good to encourage people to be clean somehow...

I don't think anyone was out to destroy the land, I think it must have just been assumed that all the rubbish was to be taken at the end (like festivals etc)...

I think they're upset because on the show program, the photocopied hand written piece of paper that they handed to you at the gates, it said, "take your rubbish with you" or words to that effect. Some of the crap people leave behind is amazing, and it does get annoying especially when you have to do it again and again, or once you clear the dance floor, you see little clumps of rubbish all the way along the track like you're some kind of garbage man. Maybe we should get professional garbage removalists and add it to the ticket price. Ever had several bags of rubbish slowly leaking on your gear? And then once you get home what do you do? Blah, blah, blah...
VJ DAMAGE

Its not just the rubbish. it's the POO

Really. No, really. doesn't everyone know that poo'ing near a water supply is like the biggest no-no in the history of everything. Go for a walk and dig a hole dammit!

Ahem.. that said, I'm a huge fan of this trend of having parties near water, should be more of it.

I had fun. I like fun. thanks guys. I liked the animals, I love a theme.

I also sold enough in my little stall to pay a just under 6 months rent for the Shakti school and 2 months utility bills for them. Neat eh. Thanks.

psy*clone

^^^

damage, you said it!

there be shite everywhere at these parties.

next time anyone feels like taking a crap, take a 5 minute walk and do it there, it makes the place a lot more pleasent.
Sinner

Yeah I agree.

Up north when we go to party you see everyone brings a lil shovel or big trowel and the bog roll brings with it!

Only saw one person at the entire party with their shovel, and they were obviously a seasoned doofer. Now I'm not saying you have to bring the shovel, that is exactly why there was a trench dug out.

But when we went to check out the very back of the site I saw people had poo'd everywhere and worse left their poo-ey toilet paper all along the river bank! A great way to transmit the worst of diseases to the local bovines, native fauna and anything else that uses the water table to survive!

Very amusing to see some hippies camped up the back had built a little pretty altar next to their campsite, but obviously not sacred enough to stop them from pooping almost right next to it.

Will not even discuss the state of the foot-hills surrounding the dance-floor witnessed when we went searching for bushfood. It doesn't even make sense. The toilet trench was actually closer than some of these people had trekked to take a dump.

I think next time a similar toilet trench at the very back of the dance floor would be ideal. Prominent signs notifying of toilet location and issues of un-buried poop affecting the water table couldn't hurt.

Great news on the Shakti Project, VJ Damage. Very glad to know someone was keeping things socially conscious. To that end I have donated an amount equal to the % of my weekly budget reserved for groceries.

If anyone was previously not aware of this great cause, you can see the website here

http://www.shakti-streetkids-pushkar.org/

and donate here

http://www.shakti-streetkids-pushkar.org/donation.html

For the cost of weekly groceries, you can support the education of 2 or 3 street kids for a whole year.
Pete_Paranoid

Sinner wrote :
Only saw one person at the entire party with their shovel, and they were obviously a seasoned doofer.

There's also a composting toilet by the bridge near the river (ex-caravan park). Great when you forget your shit tickets!
Experience Hamparty

lindsey could be braveheart, others could be smurfs, blue man group etc. we would need a lot of blue, but the possibilities are endless

Hmmmmm if I were to be braveheart it would be a lil scary what with me passed out on the ground in a kilt with no underwear with blue spew all over the place.
I fothers are gonna be smurfs then there should ber all little mushroom cubby houses everywhere. And a big statue of that evil dude in the cartoon Somewhere to give the real illusion that we're in smurf land heheheh.
Rosey

I second and third that notion on the POO issue. I'm pretty new to the bush party scene and I am astounded that so many people who obviously love to dance in these gorgeous bush places have no idea about burying their poo! Take a shovel, use a stick, cover it in leaves, dirt and rocks. It is gross. Most of us love to wander during these parties and there is nothing worse than negotiating the minefield around the perimetre. And girls please shake, drip or take your paper with you and put it in a bag. Blah blah blah

Blows me away, its shithouse, really crap, absolute bullshit.............................tee hee

And Lindsay, if you get that wasted in a kilt you deserve to have your jewelley bits out for the world to see! Scary shit..........oops!

Lurve it all xx
STEVONOISEMAKER

in regards to toilet issues; hehe i think the fact that we forgot to make sure someone had installed the seats had something to do with it:p trench on its own is quite a tricky thing to tackle when a bit innebriated:p hehe, will work on this one, there was talk of maybe even building some proper toilets down there...
but yeah, many people did do the deed astoundingly close to their campsites and the party:P

in regards to the shakti school; that's awesome:) nice one!
venatrix

my god if there was a doof where all the boys wore kilts... phwoar! then you could all bung on scottish accents and i will have died and gone to heaven!
Experience Hamparty

What VJ Damage says about shitting near watercourses is absolutely correct. I hope nobody goes swimming in that dam for a while especially if its had a good bit of rain down there.

And ohh well if I make the same mistake twice then I do deserve to be in such an awkward position. I think I can remember to avoid that situation for now. Though I used to do that all the time just it was worse because I was by myself. Dangerous shit.
brainstorma

Experience Hamparty wrote :
I fothers are gonna be smurfs then there should ber all little mushroom cubby houses everywhere. And a big statue of that evil dude in the cartoon Somewhere to give the real illusion that we're in smurf land heheheh.

man i just had flash backs to the old smurf village raves back in the 90's

any one here old enough to remober those ones??
gabbakeisen

hell yeah... tho they were at the end of my "raving" days. I only went to Smurf Village 3 which was down at appin scout park... scene of the legendary FOD4.
146 posts Page 4 of 6