Rhythmic Earth

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
122 posts Page 2 of 5
seraphine_kitten

synthz wrote :
Were you the girl who came up behind me while I was sitting near the dancefloor, rubbed glitter in my hair/face, and THEN asked me if I liked glitter?

No way....
that was most likely D~angel*
She is the Glittertron Monster Extremest.
synthz

You have to thank her for me, many laughs were had when I returned to the campsite hahahaha.
djradionix

Pete_Paranoid

OMFG!

The good bits were so good, but the bog ruined it!
Thanks to all the people who helped, you know who you are!
STEVONOISEMAKER

What a spectacular weekend of fun!

Site turned out splendid, a combination of the weather, the owner and his bulldozing machines, and the bridge builders.
When we got there on thurs night it was pretty rough indeed, but by later on in the weekend that road was completely transformed, a couple of bumps n puddles were the only things to watch out for. Well done!

Regen sound was awesome, chicken’s stage impressive as always. Lights, lasers and décor certainly created a world of colour:)

Highlights for me were the crackerbarrel heebie jeebies and hillbilly hoe down on the side stage on fri night/sat morning, and also the whiskey, rum and sour drop drinking challenges we had, hehe fun times!

Well done all involved, next stop bent perception!!
flashfire

seraphine_kitten wrote :
synthz wrote :
Were you the girl who came up behind me while I was sitting near the dancefloor, rubbed glitter in my hair/face, and THEN asked me if I liked glitter?

No way....
that was most likely D~angel*
She is the Glittertron Monster Extremest.

I got attacked too, shortly before I left the party. I've since washed my hair twice yet still have silver 'dandruff' lol

Great party - we were there on a tourist visa, arriving at 7am on Sat and leaving just before the end of Simon's set on Sat night. I must say the site was fabulous (minus the hellishly savage ants) and the lighting and decor get bonus points for excellence. Seriously - that stage set-up looked beautiful all lit up. We crossed the stream just prior to sunset and watched the party come alight from atop our rocky perch. Special moment.

Orphea & Joy completely kicked ass - really well programmed set, executed with style, finesse and conviction.

Thanks so much to all involved - I can imagine it was a mammoth effort! Much respect.
flashfire

Forgot to say that the drive from the Inner West was quite the treat as well - we left at 4.30am and had the pleasure of sunrise to accompany our travels. When we got onto the New England Hwy, the rolling hills and valleys all shrouded in mist, with hot air balloons cruising at low altitude = stunning. Bring on the champagne breakfast!
LaNina

AdrianPsy wrote :
Great photos!

See??? I knew the fish-eye lens was a good investment!!! xx
peskey

Congratulations to those most delicious women Josie and Kok and all their other tasty helpers. That was an awesome party. Your party has given me some faith again in the vibe we can achieve. Have not stayed up all night for years. Hee hee!!!
seraphine_kitten

Orphea & Joy completely kicked ass - really well programmed set, executed with style, finesse and conviction.

:exactly:

I like it when a set possesses finesse and conviction.
FRACAS

Awsome party , many thanks to the ShapeShifter girls and everyone else in the crew for a special effort. Great venue, creek next to the floor was great for a cool off and to get moist..
Really impressed with the musical program throughout the event...too many good acts/djs. Really impressed by some of the local acts, Serotone , Joy and El , Simon ,Trippy, Daheen , and the end by Rythmic sun was sweet gear!! thank you all....
Galactic Monkey wrote :
Who ended up filling in for Samadhi?
:dj: :dj: :dj:

Kok (aka Pawana) did and did a damn fine job ....More Kok i say!!!
i beleive she played a bunch of his tracks at one point in her set ???....TotalKiLLaH :killah: :killah: :killah: :m: :m: :flash: :flash: :rainbow: :rainbow: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :clap: :clap: :thumb: :smasha: :smasha: :smasha: (even played some of her own productions :killah: )

Bring it on ....More ShapeShifting!!
Last edited by FRACAS on Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meltdown
Site Admin

Enjoyed this party a lot - thanks to the organisers for pulling off a solid event. Highlights for me were Nath Fracas Saturday morning set, El & Joy's Saturday evening tunes. Amber & Jeannie sounded great from the tent. Ritchie Jay played a very smooth set transitioning from the morning sounds into the progressive arvo. Johnny Rhythmic Sun's closing set came through with the goods - as always smooth mixing and top track selection. Unfortunately missed a few acts I was hoping to see including Agent 23, Reece & Kok - but had to fit some sleep into the weekend somewhere :)

Sunday night was so unexpectedly awesome. Was such a good vibe down there. The music really surprised me - Meowtron your live set was fucking awesome - sounded ultra tight and solid, was highly impressed, look forward to hearing ya play again! Elliot continued with some awesome broken beats/psy breaks/dubby/trip hop kinda sounds. Anyone know who was the guy that played next? (was DJ'ing back to back with Meowtron for the second half) Was a serious psychedelic circus of awesome music with trance, samba, jazz, classical, bluegrass, and the works. Was a really captivating & enjoyable set - that whole Sunday night was heaps of fun - thanks for the good times. :)
omnava25

aaaawsome!!!!!
that was the best weekend iv had in ages, i loved all the darkpsy especially agent23, very professional mixing and amazing track selection, you created the darkpsy vibe better than any dj iv seen to date. Other highlights were kok , jose, merkaba, joy and elle, dica, nachos and rythmic sun of course. the whole set up was professional as. Thanks for an awesome experience shapeshifters and crew, hope to play/attend another one of your gigs soon. aaaawsome effort :killah: and richie j killed it also ,:)
Jeannie

Well wow.... what a splendid party.
I had so much fun playing to such a happy funky and friendly crowd.... thanks you guys who boogied your butts off.
It was great to get to play before Merkaba I really enjoyed making the transition... Im really loving those tunes Elliot. And Johnny (Rhythmic Sun) your set was spectacular.
So many great Dj's and artists, with a vast array of totally impressive music.
Thank you Kok and Josie, for doing an above and beyond effort, and for carefully putting together a great line up.
My daughter Kyah, and Luke and I all had such a wonderful magical time. The way you guys faced the stage there this time was great with the creek so full of water.
Thank you to all the sturdey boys who got in there and helped these two to put on such a corker.
Thank you to Loyde for being such a fine spirit.
I have not had so much fun playing a set in yonks..... you lot rocked.
Last edited by Jeannie on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beatpyramid

ok i need answers! haha.

two questions!

who was it that played animals songs? mana-ma-nam?

and what is the song that has the epic piano line and the sample that contains the word human. at one point just before it picks up the word is almost yelled with delay over the top of it?

i was in the tent, trying to sleep and they caught my ears! ahah.

anyone help?
Sunrunner

really wish i could have been there for this, but from all accounts it was a fantastic party! :)

hopefully you girls decide to do it all again another time (say, next year?) ;)
noitnemretsim

Looks like a great party, I wa coring up at a beach instead. I heard slink played one of my tunes on the chill. Cheers man.
Rythmic sun

Loved every moment of it.Thanks heaps to all involved.That would have to go down as one of the best local party's i have been to.
The music was rock n the whole way.standouts for me were orphea and joy, amber, Jeanie, Ritchie jay,ONDA(best psytrance i have heard in a long time), daheen(loved the Michael Jackson rmx and the masks) merkaba, solar spiral, sensient, turn it up, trippy, dookie but yeah all the music was rocking.
Really enjoyed playing, the crowd was awesome.Looking forward to the next one.

Happy days
Johnny :bounce:
MeowTron

SOLID!

AMAZING!

AWESOME!

thank you so much to everyone who worked on this one to make it possible. easily one of the best parties i'v ever been to. thank you thank you thank you!!!!! :D

Meltdown wrote :

- Meowtron your live set was fucking awesome -

awww shucks..... thanks man, it was awesome that i got to play an impromptu set and dj!

Meltdown wrote :
Anyone know who was the guy that played next? (was DJ'ing back to back with Meowtron for the second half)

yep that was 'apply steve' ...... but from now on we going to dj together as 'loony toons' :D :P :mrgreen:
KOKIDOO

:P yeah!!!! that was amazing turn out!!!! ....definitely everything was beaiutiful n perfect ..i'm happy everyone smile;) ..and first of all thanks you so much for everyone who help and who came made this wonderful party happenned ..thanks to Lloyd( husky dude, Land owner ) so kindly and beautiful spirit , for all the hard work on the road and the funky bridge!!!, thanks to The Happy Chicken who have put thier whole heart to that impressive stage, thanks to Greg ( R.E.G.E.N ) , HESE , ViVien , Vando and lee , big thanks to R.E.G.E.N for supporting us thanks for sharing ur heart and ur solid sounds !!!!! thanks you to Luminious light for ur hard work !!!!!, BEnny for awsome lazer show ,secret weapon for ur love and support ..and thanks to everyone who came and had brough such amazing spirits ......
i say definitely thanks for beautiful weather !! that was magical !!! no rain since first day we have enter the site untill last day !!!!
was our first shapeshifters party and i enjoyed lots !!!! beautiful !! beautiful peoples :bounce:
thanks to all artists and Djs ......perfect potion of males and females set ...that was fun!!! love to see more females
...Serotone,megatron , spyrallus , agent 23 ,ritchie jay , Nachose was my fav .. ( i was running around like crazy bunny didnt get to hear much set ;( .... will be hear all the set in bent perception ...hope ) ...
beautiful peoples beautiful community we will definitely see alls next easter 2010!!!!!
thanks heapsssssssssss
peace out
Shapeshifters :D
madcap

:bonfire: :bounce:

First doof, this totally set the bar high :D
j0y

Shapeshifters, you nailed it!! :bounce: This party had a really nice vibe and what an amazing spot!! Thanks Jose and Kok for asking Orphea and I to play. It was awesome to see such happy people on the dancefloor. Also, a big thanks for the lovely feedback!! :D

I loved Rythmicsun's set - beautiful melodic tunes with a bit of "epic-ness" in there!

So good to see Fracas in action with his tunes! More dj pointing action please! :lol:

I hate that my tired/sore body could not stay up for Pawana and Nezbit's sets. Big regret. :cry: I know I missed other great sets too which is poo. That'll learn me.

Thanks again lovelies!!! xox
bargirl

awesome site, awesome tunes....orphea vs joy total amazement, camel hoofs went off to those tunes.

dude in red top before sensient and sensient fantastic.

suffering from lack of sleep due to work, will be better prepared for bennies, loved camping and great vibe can't wait for three weeks.
susan

respect to the sisters, KoK and Josie and everyone who helped build this party.
thanks big ones for your efforts. love to all the bright shiny kids who went there.
admiration to Lloyd and his wife who not only welcome us so graciously on to their
beautifully scenic land but work so hard to see things right -and dance with us too.
cheers to the guys who brought and hung the art while i was otherwise engaged.
looked great. appreciate.
top job from all the boys and girls who played, and sasha for tuning the rig so nicely.
the free for all after the posted line-up was heaps of fun too.
boom! :love:

Lloyd told me that the dogs he has are alaskan malumutes
and that they are the closest living relative to the wolf,
similar in size, appearance and weight. (huskies are much smaller.)
i'd never seen one before but now i'm in love with them.
such amazing animals!
venatrix

j0y wrote :
So good to see Fracas in action with his tunes! More dj pointing action please! :lol:

PICS OR STFU!!!!!!!!!!
122 posts Page 2 of 5