Spoonbill @ the Red Rattler (Syd)

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
spangk

That venue was a goodn. I had just the kind of time out that i needed, thanks REGEN ;~)) Crowd was lots of fun, boogie boogie. Laid back music with enough to wiggle on to. different vibe hey, i liked.

hope we get there again, cheers REGEN...

ps.. HaPpY BiRtHdAY to Shayno, missed u mate and hope u had a monga of a time xxox
Sinner

I had a good time.

Interesting venue. Very funny watching doofers trying to accommodate their dancing style to dubstep n shiz.

So what up with the all ages thing? Saw a bunch of disappointed kids out the front who got kicked out (and failed trying to sneak back in) and a friend had to go home to get her ID to be let in. Why bother advertising as such? I can imagine how they felt, massive party going on inside "sorry you're too young even though we promoted as all ages and you already paid entry".

Also, the guy checking stamps was pretty annoying. No issues with needing someone to check stamps, but why couldn't you get them to do it closer to the door than where he was just standing in the way of all the foot traffic. Busy ignoring you while he talks to his friends then acts like you tried to sneak in when you want to walk past!

Spoonbill rocked it. Really enjoyed that track with the bluegrass type guitar sample in it. Made me wanna whack out the banjo.

Big ups to Paranoid Pete for letting us run rampant at the doof house afterwards, what shenanigans! Very amusing to find some casualties out the front of the pork-bun store at Marrickville after sunrise :P

EDIT: The track is called Woodenspoon. Heeeeeelll yea.
Phsiris

first set was cool but everything after that just seemed to be lacking in bass. Dubstep without bass, has the world gone mad? cool tunes though.
Sinner

At work right now, just discovered one of the nice ladies I work with is one of the Red Rattler owners! Hehehe...
joffmeister

thank you everyone that was lovely.

enough to make me twirl like a ballerina for an hour, apparently.

i don't fully remember trying to lift a manhole cover outside the venue to go on an underground adventure; but a special thank you to those who tried to help.
STEVONOISEMAKER

woah! i reckon that was awesome!

sweet tunes to bop too throughout the evening, and those synchronised visuals during spoony's set; MAGNIFICENT!

that venue has potential too i reckon, let's hope the council is nice to em as they develope and make their way through trials and applications.
maybe one day lay back on the crackerbarrel rules imposed also.

joffmeister wrote :
i don't fully remember trying to lift a manhole cover outside the venue to go on an underground adventure

haha is that why we were trying to lift it!
that things was bullshit heavy, sealed down accoring to leeroy but i reckon just bullshit heavy. worth a try none the less:)

and welcome to the twsited world of the straliens forums!

Sinner wrote :
Big ups to Paranoid Pete for letting us run rampant at the doof house afterwards, what shenanigans!

indeed. thanks pete and other mdf dwellers! haha who woulda thought so few people could make so much noise and so much mess:p

Sinner wrote :
Very amusing to find some casualties out the front of the pork-bun store at Marrickville after sunrise :P

guilty. :roll:
that footpath did appear to be the best place for a rest at 7am while waiting for the roll place to open. a sign of a good night i suppose :p

woah that was a megapost!
yay to random city adventures!
Last edited by STEVONOISEMAKER on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.E.G.E.N

Hey everyone,

Firstly, and without damping the most entertaining of evenings - (All artists were standout with Spoonbill and Drop bear flying way out ot the coup). We would like to appologies to any community members that were refused entry on the basis of there age and had any issues at this event.

This was the Red Rattlers first publicsed live music event of this kind post opening and it seems that some teething issues are yet to be ironed.

R.E.G.E.N recieved confirmation from the venue that the event was able to be unrestricted in regards to age 3 weeks ago, and on a seperate occasion that the event would be BYO (pending liquor licese appoval). On arrival of the security on the evening of the event (an hour post kick off) advise had been given to the venue that these two points conflicted and could jepodise their pending liqour licese.

This was the first we heard of this development and we do apologies to all of you that could not enter and to their friends for the drama - sorry. We had no ability to change this.

And although we have expressed our dissapproval of this incident with the venue, i think we all can agree that this is an important venue for Marrickville and that we should support it as hard as we can with the understanding that some things need to be tweeked by management.

Anyway, thanks everyone for a fun night. We thought the launch was a wonderful evening with a great mix of some of the most switched on community Sydney has breeding in its depths.

Thanks to all the artists that played, and all those special people that made things happen (cheers Sharron, Brains, Sasha and the REGEN family).
noitnemretsim

yup family. case in point.
Ritchie_Jay

noitnemretsim wrote :
yup family. case in point.

moolack.
oops

wonderful venue, I fully support this place and had a funtastic time.
Nice work on the banners greg. Love the water geckos.
Much pleasure seeing the work of the visual artist (not sure of name) that works with Spoonbill. Great stuff.
I agree it was great to have a mixed crowd with lots of unusual suspects. i had so much fun dancing. Maybe a few too many :drink: haha.
Loving the new Spoonbill album. Such playful and intelligent creations.

Thanks regen :D
bargirl

Great night out, two nights out in a row, big event for me then.

Spoony always goes off and i loved the turkish bazaar music before hand.

Really enjoyed seeing Timothy Leary cameo appearance too :) a highlight!!!!
omnava25

awesome night, thanks r.e.g.e.n, loved the gypsy stuff,(whoever that was) and the dubstep was cool also, had a good dance and met heaps of new friends :atom: spoonbill = :alien: ,,,,,definitely worth $18 dr psyop, hehe
50papers

Very Much the kind of night i like to see, yes to everyone and many cheers
13 posts Page 1 of 1