Nowhere Near - Hydraglyph

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
49 posts Page 1 of 2
dicA

FARKEN ELL

I loved that party, i had a fkn ball! all you boys done a mad job and you played the ph@ shit too..

Hydraglyph was uber good... been wanting to see em for years.

Will post more tomorrow!!!!

FUCK YEAH!!!!
Symm

Best stomp I'v had in a long time. Brilliant to hear all those tracks live that have been big Newcastle staples for all these years. Awesome.
newcs

Wow.....what a f'n great party.

Loved all the sets....but my favourite was the early morning onslaught from Facial Tweak vs Acid Lips a.k.a Uber throb vs Uber Flop (T.U.G). That was the phat shit!

Well done boys!
Underpantsgnomes

newcs wrote :
Wow.....what a f'n great party.

Loved all the sets....but my favourite was the early morning onslaught from Facial Tweak vs Acid Lips a.k.a Uber throb vs Uber Flop (T.U.G). That was the phat shit!

Well done boys!

Haha thnk you...we loved playing that set :killah: :)

Jus wanna thank everyone for their support and help at this party. We COULLD NOT have don eit without all you legendary newcastle boys. Benny ur a fucking legend...we owe u...pure beast :) Also finchy with the sound (you made me scream bru haha) and pete with the lights (eventually :) ) and you other legends who helped out with other shit...awesome

Also thanks to all the DJs who played rocking sets, there was not one dissapointment, everyone rocked out pure balls, we appreciate al ur skills etc

The vibes were amazing, despite the rain there was a big crowd in and not for one minute id that dance floor stop rocking...NON STOP THROBS....thats what its all about...we are so happy and blessed to have had such a great crowd and hope that in the future this group of people will be there again

We also woul dlike to apologize for the roads in, i know it was difficult, it was even a fuckin gmission for us, but at least we all made it and i suppose maybe the death missions made the aprty even more worth it.....

Thanks again all who helped make this a beast

The Labyrinth crew salutes you all...praises

also, put pics up if any of you took...we will post some pics asap...cool

Love and Light
blinja

great party, esp hydraglyphs set :) anyone got any photos or videos to up? just to end: thanks to everyone who made it possible for me to see one of my fav acts live :)
2nd17th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK8uBszfA7A

there are others there as well.
synthz

The party was fun despite the rain. Thrashing up those hills in the wet was almost as fun as the doof haha. Just one gripe, I asked before what the track was like and I was told it would be easy, which it obviously wasnt. Did you change sites or something last minute?
JAH_WARRIOR

Fukn' cracking partay...
weather didnt stop noone from going totally bevok on the dancefloor...
reckon we (facial tweak vs acid lips) had as much if not more fun playing that set than everyone dancing to it did...
Hydraglyph...UNBELIEVABLE...the boys hadnt played together in more than a year and they RIPPED shit apart...and they are legends to boot...
personally didnt think there was a bad moment music-wise at this party.
every set absolutely CRANKED and eventually i reached a point where i couldnt stand anymore, let alone dance, even though the music was THROBBING...
cant even name all the dj's i enjoyed because it would be the entire lineup..
thanks again Labyrinth crew and NPC and anyone else who had anything to do with this...
fucking brilliant party!
Thankfully made the decision to leave the corrolla we came in at the bottom of that last beast hill...saw some HILARIOUS casualties driving down while we were waiting for a lift to the site...reckon some ppl are unsure how to gauge whether their car will be high enough or not for certain parts of that track.
next time EVERYONE must have 4x4's :lol:
peace and light
panzel

awesome party!
gettin there was freakin hilarious!
:wave:
faxedhead

the organizers really should have mentioned that you need a 4wd to get there, esp in the case of rain. ended up ripping open my sump crossing the creek on the way out after failing to get up that last big hill. thanks a lot.

p.s. thanks heaps to the guys who helped us get outta there.

gonna be more careful about going to these parties now.

:(
Underpantsgnomes

faxedhead wrote :
the organizers really should have mentioned that you need a 4wd to get there, esp in the case of rain. ended up ripping open my sump crossing the creek on the way out after failing to get up that last big hill. thanks a lot.

Unfortunately we were COMPLETELY UNAWARE of the problems with the road. The driections were chnaged on the day due to probable problems with police, an unavoidable move. During the day the road were tough but very do-able...unfortunately it rained as the nigth came and made the road very intense. We apologise for the inconvinience..

atleast the party rocked pure balls...everyone seemed to love it and so the tough roads seemed to most to be a minor setback to get to the glory :) :killah:
jarmin

faxedhead wrote :

sometimes party sites are hard to get into...
we cant expect that a party will have perfect smooth roads leading into it.
there arnt many spots out there to use these days,
it is very shit that you ripped your sump open tho, im sure that if the promoters could of used another spot they would have

great party, hydraglyph was amazing :)
Abuse

rocking party :)

hydraglyph smashed it :killah:

sorry about the road thing peeps... we had another way of going in ( it also had a few sketchy bits), but we decided not to use it caus it ment pretty much going through peoples property.. that would have created to much attention..
Around that area there are alot of winerey's, if they were to ring police, im sure they would be up there in a flash to shut down the event
and that was the last thing we wanted.

i will post some photos and videos asap

:twisted:
boondocksaint

That was one special party. Got there early and no doubt the road deteriorated past 9pm with the rain...Don't really know what the organisers can do if the road looks good the day before the party.. I mean it was shit but it happens..
Anyway, was seriously great to see so many people in spite of the weather.

Hydraglyph were incredible live and there were some cracking Dj sets.. in addition to the Uber Throb vs Uber Flop set, which was cranking :killah: - I have to say Fista Iaier's DJ set was unbelievably good. Scorb at about midday was like heroin to a man who's just escaped from rehab. :lol: Serotone was sick live as well. Also, so great to see the full on played further into the day, so many smiling faces and people going mad well into the afternoon! Brilliant, brilliant party. :killah: :mrgreen: :killah:
Abuse

blinja

excellent pics :D
scottfree

A.W.E.S.O.M.E PARTY :killah: :bounce:

Thanks to all the organisers and DJs for an amazing event and some really great music. I think that was the best I've heard here in Oz yet. I'm still smiling. One pity was that Benny and Yobi played so late; would have loved to stay longer and listen to the end, but looming rain and fear of that road in the dark in a rear wheel drive ford falcon prevented any further hanging around :(

Yeah, the roads were bad, overheated on the way in and got stuck on the way out. It was still worth every bit of hassle. Thanks to those dudes who helped push me out of the ditch, you know who you are :lol:

Funniest part: getting stopped by the boys in blue half-way out who tried to intimidate me into believeing I wouldn't make it out and gave me a load of crap for being there in the car I was in :mrgreen: Made it out anyway :roll:

And once again: great pics Benny..... thanks!
2nd17th

were the cops heading to the party.? i didnt see any there.

thanks to the guys in the ford falcon that gave me a push up the last hill to get to the party. i'm going to look at a 4x4 van today after that party.
Danielle Kelly

Hydraglyph! thankyou!! :bonfire:
scottfree

2nd17th wrote :
were the cops heading to the party.? i didnt see any there.

Yeah, it was about 16:00 and they were on their way in........
spangk

That low cloud looks really pretty on the dancefloor, fresh dawn of winter
ATREYU

Thanx for the awesome party guys.

There is something special about winter parties, the longer nights, the mist, the rugged up freaks.
The music was rockin all the way. :killah:

I look forward to the next one. :D
merlinux

great party! full on tunes were nice :D
The way back was one hellish nightmare though. We packed up and decided to leave around 4pm. Just as we were about to head off we noticed lotsa oil on the ground. Our worst nightmare had just become true... One of the rock we hit on the way up on saturday made a nice hole on the bottom of the engine!
We decided to try and get back out of the dirt towards cesnok slowly and look for help there. One of the most scary drive ever not knowing wether the car would make more than a few Kms... About 10k from the doof we passed a cop car that stopped. We explained them our troubles and they told us there is nothing in the way we were driving. He told me "next servo is 50km away". What a load of BS! Cesnok was only 15min away... Before he drove away he told me "and dun fuckin drink and drive!". Im so spewing I didnt get his rego. We could have got lost in the bush and die because of those mofos. Unhelpful I understand, but LYING TO YOU when your havin a problem with ur car in the middle of nowhere???
Anyway we got to Cesnok and got an nrma dude to look at the car. wasnt any good at all so we slept there and got the car towed and repaired the next day. Finnally arrived back home on monday night so wrecked.... Oh and we poped a tyre on the way back... Great... Im off to bed now lol...
psyllium

Peeved I didn't make it to this one, but the weather combined with not feeling 100% didn't do much good for my decision making :/
Last edited by psyllium on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abuse

video is uploading now on youtube :)
Last edited by Abuse on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
49 posts Page 1 of 2