EPP " borrowed time" release night @Hermans

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
17 posts Page 1 of 1
Ju-Ju

Were was the crowd until the best acts of the night were over?
I got there at 9 on time for Widespread. Music that deserved a full dancefloor and to be turned up a bit louder.
Bloody smokers get your butts in for a boogi.

Hedonix bought to the table a cheeky casual chip eating fest of sum wikid new crunchi beatz but again more ppl daning and up louder pls.

Product placement . The sound quality instantly increased (or they finally turned it up) with the sexy minimal prog-tech baselines reverberating through me.
Hella yea that guy has sum talent !! and the track he finished on was a master piece of techno at its finest.
More of this pls sydney !! yaya !

Missed the rest of night. was on behaviour and drove my ass home. hope yous had fun.. :mrgreen:
It was just starting to crank with crowd buzz when Sinsister came on ..Who wants to tell me what i missed ??
tripn

^^ sinister sequence played one of the best sets ive heard from them so far.

i agree it would have been nice to see more people show up early for product placement considering he was the special interstate guest. he played a wicked set though i thought. nice live drumming over some well programmed techy grooves.

overall it was a great night. i really like that venue. plenty of space, friendly staff and a nice insulated smoking area with comfy couches. should be used more often.
ionized

Yeah SS got the crowd moving big time, wicked dark melodies and heaps of dirt.
Thought the Fracas closing set was tight as. Solid fast basslines, smacked up percussion and heaps of live synth ripped up over the top. The bucket was a nice addition also.

Really fun night :D
tripn

i love how the stage was completely covered in synths, rack effects, mixing desks and other bits of flashing hardware the whole time. made it look like the control panel of a spaceship.

hopefully there will be more parties with all live acts.
DarkShiva

I had such a good night thanks to all the EPPR guys and everyone who made the night fun :D

Fracas - wow man really impressed by ur opening stuff i need a copy!!
Hedonix - amazing as always, really innovative fresh style and a pleasure to listen to every time :)
Sinister Sequence - Set of the night!$#@ Im so jealous, your music is incredible!
Mnemonic - Really dug ur stuff too bro, very fat indeed :D
Meltdown
Site Admin

Nice party EPP :) Good vibe & was seriously solid music throughout. Hard to pick highlights because I enjoyed the whole nights music, and the programming was well done also - built nicely through the night.

Widespread opened nicely - always digging the sounds from this project - and only gets better each time - very pro. Hedonix rocked with their twisted psychedelic prog hedonistic beats - good teaser of the forthcoming album. Product Placement's dark/hard minimal/prog took things a step darker - enjoyed the sound - nice dark gallopy feel reminiscent of old Antix/XV Killist/Paste/Metronome stuff only on new supercharged 2009 steroids. Sinister Sequence, Mnemonic and Fracas set I thought were all in fucking fine form. Russ & Luke had the dancefloor absolutely cracking - it seemed the majority of the crowd rocked up during this set, and the vibe up the front was going off - had that outdoor mayhem vibe - that Korg is killer :) Has to be one of your best sets - nice work... Mnemonic was VERY impressive - first time i've heard his solo music in a long while and was worth the wait, highly charged music - heaps of energy, powerful drop ins, and those basslines don't let you get off the dancefloor - good stage presence too - hope to see more soon Michael - nice work. Fracas closing set was gold, last few of your sets have really started to shine IMO... Agreed with ionized's comments on it above - tight, intelligent solid production - always fully in control behind the mountain of synths, mixers, led lights, pots & sliders - those first few fast night tracks went down really well too, would be interested to hear a full set of that gear - not sure if it'd be 'FRACAS', or new project #164? Look forward to the next one.

Also agree with tripn about the stage set up - was cool seeing the desk morph between viruses, nords, korgs, effects units, controllers, mixing desks & the rest :)

Again thanks all, great night, good to catch up with everyone.
stellaa

Nice venue, nice people (except the plonker who keyed my car :lol: ), very nice music indeed

Namaste & ta very much for a beautiful night! Wee :D
S.E.T.H

I rocked up just in time for hedonix. After listening to the album most of the week I knew i was up for a good laugh and a little boogie but was distracted by setting up and the very welcomed free case of beer from the venue.

product placement - I agree with adam. Ive heard alot of stuff sent through too EPP and have always been impressed with the PP's vibes. I think Product placement would make a great contribution to an outdoor party in sydney, especially for either a early night or late afternoon set.

Had a good time playing with Sinister Sequence, No technical issues and a fun rig certainly helps inject a certain freshness into the set. the crowd was really awesome too with some funny antics had all night.

Mneumonic - Fucking brilliant man........keep ya shit going, I want to hear plenty more. it was great to hear classics like office works and scored with a portaloo played out.

Fracas - Dude......all your projects sound awesome. Looking forward to getting some of your material for F N T recs.

Cheers to EPP and the crowd for coming out and showing your support.
STEVONOISEMAKER

Wasn’t easy making it out of the house after Friday night, but I’m damn glad I did.
Only made the last 3 sets, but phwoar! Gentlemen! Such top form!

Chunky, crunchy, and crystal clear. Very enjoyable indeed. Those subs certainly provided a nice rumble in the belly also.

I liked the visuals at this party too. Microcosmos was a nice touch. Anyone know what that cartoon was that was played roughly around the time the sinister boys were on? Was some hella cool whacky tripped out animation indeed:p
tripn

STEVONOISEMAKER wrote :
Wasn’t easy making it out of the house after Friday night, but I’m damn glad I did.
Only made the last 3 sets, but phwoar! Gentlemen! Such top form!

Chunky, crunchy, and crystal clear. Very enjoyable indeed. Those subs certainly provided a nice rumble in the belly also.

I liked the visuals at this party too. Microcosmos was a nice touch. Anyone know what that cartoon was that was played roughly around the time the sinister boys were on? Was some hella cool whacky tripped out animation indeed:p

it would have been fritz the cat. before that was yellow submarine but i think that had finished by the time sinister sequence was on.
stellaa

I'm sure I saw Ren & Stimpy too

TOTALLY agree about Product Placement, inspired sounds urged me to jump about like a mad thing for the rest of the night. Would go to a party if I saw him billed, just for another bounce around! Wee :bounce:

Fracas was mental too - gosh loved the hard ass end set - way to rock out the end of the night! :mrgreen:

Listening to an older eppr cd now - v nice, bought on Sat for a bargain! - the new cd is wicked too, I'm a very happy punter indeed :mrgreen:

CHEERS & NAMASTE, you beautiful beautiful people
FRACAS

Many thanks to Paul /Marion /the photocopier at pauls workplace/ and the rest of the EPP crew that put this night together.
Was really cool to see 6 live acts in a row with barely a gap/ dj interlude/ massive pause between them.
Very impressed with the Sinister Sequence boys set, had a lot of new goodness and some really cool live action...
Michaels Mnemonic set was really cool, nice hooky syth action, cool oldskool rmxs :clap: more pls
Meltdown wrote :
- those first few fast night tracks went down really well too, would be interested to hear a full set of that gear - not sure if it'd be 'FRACAS', or new project #164? Look forward to the next one.

Hope the new gear wasn't to rough, too many projects to start "project #164".....Had a great time playing to a really fun crowd..thanks for supporting EPP
Buzz_BR

Fucking great party !!! NIGHT PSYCHEDELIC TUNES, i was waiting for this since i arrived here (2 months ago). just like to say THANK U !!! I´m waiting for the next party !!!
bobret the hobret

Hi everyone, Thanks for you support of EPP.

In addition to the release of Borrowed time we are happy to announce the release of Hedonix debut album "Order out of chaos" as of the 5th of August.

Please visit the official thread on australiens for details....

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15007
tract

Reasonable bar prices and an accessible smoking area so I was happy.

Barry was there too, so that in-itself made the night what it was.

nice gig :)
FRACAS

tripn

^^^ LOL!!! how funny is that last frame of the video.
17 posts Page 1 of 1