bloody ravers

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
127 posts Page 1 of 6
2nd17th

pete, the chickens and I did the sound and lighting at a rave last night. those ppl cant dance and they have no souls. luckily i didnt take a camera or i would have posted pics of the stupids outfits some of them wore.

after they closed down the top room we cranked up the psy and had own own little party. just the 5 of us ripping up the dance floor then the nasty security guard closed us down. we need to jang the place back to normal now.
Pete_Paranoid

Get a job, 2nd17th!
I'll be stupid enough to admit I was old skool raver...

I actually found myself liking a few bits, and there was some eye candy, so not everything was painful.
Towards end before the top room shut the 150+ beats plus the diva vocals got too much!
We were all pretty happy when Elliot started playing some Psytrance!
STEVONOISEMAKER

BAHAHAHA

you poor buggers, i knew that gig would be an experience!
what was it? something like 6 hours of happy hardcore, hard trance and hard house?
rollyz

hehe Rave ! :bounce:
2nd17th

It was all old skool hardcore, happy hard and hard house all night. there was a few nice tracks played from back in the day which brought back some memories, its been a while since ive seen a dj use records as well.
TOPSY TURVY

yeah we turned up to check it out

saw some guy get literally killed on the street corner by a bunch of lads

walked into the club to see 80+ bla bla/coke heads shuffling

ouch

we def need to jang it back into some sense of psychedelic reality

aaarg that's why i left the rave days behind
silent_bob00000

KIDDY-CORE RAVERS SUCK

i used to put on raves back in the 90's and gave up putin them on due to the KIDDY-CORE RAVERS AND THIER STUPID FLUFFY TOYS AND CLOTHES!!!!!!!

NO REAL LOVE OF MUSIC

THERE ONLY TO (wat i call) POP TILL U DROP ATTITUDE
which is taken all the drugs u can in a short period of time get as high as u can then brag about how many pills they had(real cool) then come down real hard.

BUT MOST OF ALL I CANT STAND THEIR FUCKIN 2 FOOT SHUFFLE.
ITS LIKE THERE ALL IN A LINE (lookin like total wankers) thinkin that they are all individual in the way they dance.

NOW WAT SUX IS THAT THEY ARE INFULTRATING THE DOOF SCENE WITH THERE FN GLOWSTICK AND THAT FUCK'N 2 FOOT SHUFFLE

would love to c wat the other oldskool ravers/doofers think
keirrajade

i stopped going to raves when i was about 19....i remember the last time i went to one i saw girls rocking up in their UNDERWEAR (no joke i actually saw girls wearing french knickers with those strappy things clipped to lacy stockings) with texta writing all over their boobs, dummies in their mouths and massive pupils...i actually asked a few how old they were and they said they were 12...i also felt this really aggressive energy coming from the lads (not saying all lads are like this) and a lot of fights broke out too...i never really understood the whole rave scene fad with care bears and kiddies things..

i dont think there's anything wrong with glow sticks or people from the rave scene coming into the doof scene though as long as they're not causing any problems...there are quite a few people i know in the doof scene who are still ravers but are the most lovely people ever :)
Amber

Just as long as the ravers don't steal their glowstix from the party decor.. as I've seen once or twice!!!
noitnemretsim

If you can rave and doof than chances are you are not a labeler.
psy*clone

keirrajade wrote :
(not saying all lads are like this)

yeah, they are
BigSpoon

Fucking lol.

If they're not like that they still deserve to be lumped in with the rest. :lol:
Azarias

silent_bob00000 wrote :
BUT MOST OF ALL I CANT STAND THEIR [bloody] 2 FOOT SHUFFLE.

The whole thing is a hideous ridiculous spactacle. I'd love to see their foot shuffle at a Pawana set, or to Hefty Output. The reason they can perform their silly dance is because the rave music is so predictable, monotonous and simply uncreative. When they are at doofs after about midnight we see their dance style fall away because it becomes MORE CONFUSING FOR THEM as the music becomes more phat and psychedelic. Then by 2:30-4:00 it is all but extinct. Not to mention they have no endurance or real love for music. And then with the phat minimal prog (i.e Zenon vibes) it can never work. I love to see them fall over themselves trying that to Autonomech or One Tasty Morsel.

I agree, it is about disco candy-arss amphetamines, and fluffy glowing queerness. IT IS TOTALLY UGLY, FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.

We do get converts though, which is good to see.
Last edited by Azarias on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
AdrianPsy

Meh
Last edited by AdrianPsy on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete_Paranoid

silent_bob00000 wrote :
KIDDY-CORE RAVERS SUCK

i used to put on raves back in the 90's and gave up putin them on due to the KIDDY-CORE RAVERS AND THIER STUPID FLUFFY TOYS AND CLOTHES!!!!!!!

NO REAL LOVE OF MUSIC

THERE ONLY TO (wat i call) POP TILL U DROP ATTITUDE
which is taken all the drugs u can in a short period of time get as high as u can then brag about how many pills they had(real cool) then come down real hard.

BUT MOST OF ALL I CANT STAND THEIR FUCKIN 2 FOOT SHUFFLE.
ITS LIKE THERE ALL IN A LINE (lookin like total wankers) thinkin that they are all individual in the way they dance.

NOW WAT SUX IS THAT THEY ARE INFULTRATING THE DOOF SCENE WITH THERE FN GLOWSTICK AND THAT FUCK'N 2 FOOT SHUFFLE

would love to c wat the other oldskool ravers/doofers think

I'll be glad to be away from you judgemental fuckers for a while!
depo

Azarias wrote :
silent_bob00000 wrote :
BUT MOST OF ALL I CANT STAND THEIR [bloody] 2 FOOT SHUFFLE.

The whole thing is a hideous ridiculous spactacle. I'd love to see their foot shuffle at a Pawana set, or to Hefty Output. The reason they can perform their silly dance is because the rave music is so predictable, monotonous and simply uncreative. When they are at doofs after about midnight we see their dance style fall away because it becomes MORE CONFUSING FOR THEM as the music becomes more phat and psychedelic. Then by 2:30-4:00 it is all but extinct. Not to mention they have no endurance or real love for music. And then with the phat minimal prog (i.e Zenon vibes) it can never work. I love to see them fall over themselves trying that to Autonomech or One Tasty Morsel.

I agree, it is about disco candy-arss amphetamines, and fluffy glowing queerness. IT IS TOTALLY UGLY, FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.

We do get converts though, which is good to see.

HAhahaha because doofers are the best at dancing to say Latin, or Ballroom. Maybe we should see your little foot shuffle to the "Black irish band".

Some of you fuckers are seriously jaded. Seems like some bad experiences have left a sour taste in some mouth's.
kayhat

I SOOO miss the good ol non-pretentious days of rave music, when no-one gave a fuck about the music and just danced and partied their asses off, content in each others company, the dance, the randoms and the tits.
BigSpoon

clearly we need more tits. Thats the real issue here.
kayhat

Good to see this forum on track.

psywise

My booby radar sounded an alert.

Where's the tits?
Gibson_ewok

When they are at doofs after about midnight we see their dance style fall away because it becomes MORE CONFUSING FOR THEM as the music becomes more phat and psychedelic.

the 4/4 gets too hard to count ?

The reason they can perform their silly dance is because the rave music is so predictable, monotonous and simply uncreative.

yeah psy isn't monotonous ! that bassline only goes duggaduggaduggadugga for about 12 hours. then boom tis boom tis boom tis boom tis for the other 12... :P
noitnemretsim

Think of it like this.

Rave pre-dates doof, and I predate alot of you guys. i was raving before doofs were well known. The vibe was the same as doofs now, people were the same basically. Rave went down hill because too many producers were putting on parties for their tunes to be heard, this is when hardstyle was blowing up. The parties slowly became more aggressively themed and then attracted more aggresive people.

rave flyers used to be psychedelic too, how similar it was a lot of you have no idea. Raving starts and ends at the melbourne shuffle for alot of you I'm sure.

So with that in mind, You can see some similartities. Doof is always balancing on that turning point. Nobody owns it, see.

All it takes is one motivated person to change everything.

Nothing is sacred.
BigSpoon

My penis is sacred.
rollyz

Penis Doof?
MeowTron

i pretty well much sidestepped the whole rave scene. years and years ago i went to 2 and i thought they were ok but not amazing except for this one rave i went to in melbourne that had these dudes came out with two drum kits and went sick. back then that was rad. i did enjoy some moments but the music never really grabbed me. it was full of really young kids on drugs..it was all a bit 2 dimensional....then i found doof and nothing was ever the same again. :shock: :D

i hear stories that the original rave scene was this fun awesome judgment free happy community.....then slowly degenerated into in fighting, bitchiness, disunity in the scene, ego and money power tips. and then started attracting shit energies that manifested hardcore violence and O.D's :?

hmmm perhaps we could learn something here..... :atom:

i wouldn't go to a rave now and i pretty well much detest rave music personally...but i'm not going to judge anyone who wants to go to those things and think it's awesome. but any doofer mates i know who go to raves are just asking to be bagged out !!! :lol: :mrgreen:
127 posts Page 1 of 6