bloody ravers

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
127 posts Page 3 of 6
Pete_Paranoid

~Wicked Angel~

nat wrote :
come on guys, ravers and doofers have things in common. Both scenes people take a ridiculous amount of both legal and illegal drugs. Sure the rave scene is full of 15-17yr olds on pingers and I guess it could be argued better in a venue with st johns first aid and security than in a park in suburbia somewhere where theres is no one to keep an eye on them. But how many of you with children of your own take your kids to the doofs? While they might be too young to understand what their parents or parents friends are up to, are they not surrounded by people obviously affected by drugs of some sort? be careful about passing judgement.

It's not the same... not at all... for so many many reasons... mainly cos it's a tribe and a community to start with rather than just a bunch of people getting all fucked up... and also i think it's safe to say that when people bring their kids they don't actually get on anything themselves ...
noitnemretsim

~Wicked Angel~ wrote :
nat wrote :
come on guys, ravers and doofers have things in common. Both scenes people take a ridiculous amount of both legal and illegal drugs. Sure the rave scene is full of 15-17yr olds on pingers and I guess it could be argued better in a venue with st johns first aid and security than in a park in suburbia somewhere where theres is no one to keep an eye on them. But how many of you with children of your own take your kids to the doofs? While they might be too young to understand what their parents or parents friends are up to, are they not surrounded by people obviously affected by drugs of some sort? be careful about passing judgement.

It's not the same... not at all... for so many many reasons... mainly cos it's a tribe and a community to start with rather than just a bunch of people getting all fucked up... and also i think it's safe to say that when people bring their kids they don't actually get on anything themselves ...

If you move past the judgements or snobbery, the fundamentals are the same, which is the point.

rave started with all the love you could want, PLUR, anybody?

If you guys look past the lad culture (or for ravers on the polar opposite, look past the airy fairy feral culture) you will see that fundamentally they are the same. The opinions in this thread show the close mind attitude of some of you lot.

Then again, you guys dont know any better.

Go with christ brah.
Satori

~Wicked Angel~ wrote :
nat wrote :

Tribe? Come on, we are not a tribe. We are no different to the dolled up trashbags in the city or the candy ravers in the arena. It's just a bunch of people who go into the bush to dance and maybe get off it.
The only thing different is that we think we are saving the world.
mrbadgerman

Satori wrote :
~Wicked Angel~ wrote :
nat wrote :

Tribe? Come on, we are not a tribe. We are no different to the dolled up trashbags in the city or the candy ravers in the arena. It's just a bunch of people who go into the bush to dance and maybe get off it.

I think that the difference is because it is a small closed scene, where if you are a regular to it, everyone knows you and your actions pretty quickly. It kinda filters itself from the fuckwits found in the general world (minus a few cases) by the energy a group of people can project onto someone. People learn quickly what behavior is acceptable and if they act against, they are made to feel very unwelcome pretty quickly. Most of the time i feel safe at parties to leave my car unlocked and leave my laptop at the stage and my beer outside the car, i thinks thats where you can spot a difference.
noitnemretsim

satori said it best.

you guys can learn alot from rave. started the same way, doof is headed the same way.

Ive been lucky enough to watch them both die from the inside.

Rave started to die when the themed parties started, sound familiar.

The complaints sure do to me.
STEVONOISEMAKER

Kinda valid point satori, I think the fact that doof world aint so huge does keep it friendlier though.
It’s still pretty underground compared with other scenes, and the fact that we quite often spend several days isolated in a forest together does bring a sense of community/tribe.
Ravers and city trashbags may kick on to an afterparty or something and perhaps party on for a day or two, but at doofs we’re together for longer, and not the entire time is spent partying.
You end up making quite a few close friends.

If you took the club djs out bush, I doubt many clubbers would head out. Just reinforcing the point it’s not about music/vibe etc for them, more about being seen.
Having worked for clubs for bout 4 years, I can guarantee you there is a huge fuckoff difference in the people and their attitudes.

And drscientist/mrmention/noitnemretsim, you may be right!
If parties were simply called “doof 1”, “doof 2”, “doof 3” etc then the scene would be saved!

These themes and fun ideas are worse than aids.
People dressing up, themed décor, fark. It makes my blood boil!
bjclhb

STEVONOISEMAKER wrote :
These themes and fun ideas are worse than aids.
People dressing up, themed décor, fark. It makes my blood boil!

2nd that motion. dress ups? what the f@#k?
Chappo

Maybe we should go the other way?

Summers coming time for some dress down parties!
Satori

mrbadgerman wrote :
Satori wrote :

I think that the difference is because it is a small closed scene, where if you are a regular to it, everyone knows you and your actions pretty quickly. It kinda filters itself from the fuckwits found in the general world (minus a few cases) by the energy a group of people can project onto someone. People learn quickly what behavior is acceptable and if they act against, they are made to feel very unwelcome pretty quickly. Most of the time i feel safe at parties to leave my car unlocked and leave my laptop at the stage and my beer outside the car, i thinks thats where you can spot a difference.

I love doofs, don't get me wrong but we are human, no different to anyone else.
There are fights, there are thieves, there are sleazes, there are people who gain power from intimidation. There is hate.
There are also some of the most amazing people you will ever meet, life long friends, there are people who are peace loving, kind and helpful. There is love.
Nobody is perfect, we are no different to anyone else and I believe we need to be reminded of that sometimes.
Just my 2 cents worth anyway.
noitnemretsim

STEVONOISEMAKER wrote :
If you took the club djs out bush, I doubt many clubbers would head out. Just reinforcing the point it’s not about music/vibe etc for them, more about being seen.
Having worked for clubs for bout 4 years, I can guarantee you there is...People dressing up, themed décor, fark. It makes my blood boil!

haha, if you took the club DJs out bush, the DJs would still expect to get paid.
BigSpoon

Chappo wrote :
Maybe we should go the other way?

Summers coming time for some dress down parties!

Get your blood vomiting cunts out!!!!
BigSpoon

noitnemretsim wrote :
STEVONOISEMAKER wrote :
Having worked for clubs for bout 4 years, I can guarantee you there is...People dressing up, themed décor, fark. It makes my blood boil!

haha, if you took the club DJs out bush, the DJs would still expect to get paid.

We could pay them in cunt-vomited blood!

YEAH!
gelidoartist123

[/quote]

We could pay them in cunt-vomited blood!

YEAH![/quote]

I can feel the blood rushing out as we speak :lol:
Pete_Paranoid

I would think the difference between trance and psychedelic trance would be self evident!

http://www.xepisodes.com/southpark/episodes/806/Goobacks.html
sharperone

WoW! Some heated discussions here.
I attended my first party back in '93 in some warehouse in Alexandria. What took me there was the music, then I feel in love with the culture, the cheekiness, fun, freedom and just something different from the mainsteram....etc.
Yes the rave scene is now very commercial, but I can rememember people bagging me out for liking 'Techno'. Electronic music is mainstream (every commercial on TV or radio, movies..etc). It was inevitable that the rave secen would become so commercial.
Doofs are no different to raves, except they still hold a certain 'underground' feel to them. Same shit, different smell.
I still attend doofs and raves but when I rock up to a doof in my standard uniform of baggy jeans, sneakers and 1 glowstick (comfort is paramount), no one wants to talk to me. If I dress down, then I am 'accepted'. How hypercritical.

I have mates on both sides of the 'fence', but although the ravers may be full of ampthetamine at least they don't care what your wearing and will talk to you (even if it is drug induced babble). Doofers think I am going to 'roll' them or something and then proceed to ignore me while they snort some special K...etc.

We are all the same. Get over it and get into it. :mrgreen:
2nd17th

ravers have no sense for good music and they all dance the same. its was funny on the weekend watching them shuffle to psy... a mate showed one of them how to dance to psy and he stomped for the rest of the weekend.
crackers

2nd17th wrote :
ravers have no sense for good music and they all dance the same. its was funny on the weekend watching them shuffle to psy... a mate showed one of them how to dance to psy and he stomped for the rest of the weekend.

That was gold and he was still stomping the last time i seen him :dance: :dance: :dance:
Experience Hamparty

This is evidence of two things. Firstly, there are indeed ravers who are just out for a good old time. Secondly, it shows just how far a little education can go!!!!! We may look like a pack of zombies compared to their uncharacterful computer like shuffle, but the feeling is glorious!!! I believe that if ravers can get past how "cool" their shuffling looks and possess an open mind, that they can be converted.
paultrax

only for the bloody ravers in the late eighties early nineties who started off the whole free party scene on the back of acid house which morphed into hardcore after numerous splits into different styles/genres you have your bush parties of the present
first party i went to was in '97 tony de vit everyone danced in lines facing the dj an a laser because of my experience that night i still go to parties these days :D , and im sure a lot of 'bloody ravers' make the move an pay money at the tree like i did
im still a proud raver to this day :dj:
2nd17th

my first rave was in 1992 and that was a good time to be a raver, back when alls you needed was a set of keppers, not fluro stars on a set of 3 foot flares. I put on children of the hardcore 1 - 4 and watched the scene turn from a nice underground scene to a commercial scene where a promoter could buy a house after a party. My first doof was in 94 when the toast gallery was the place to party. Even back then the difference between the two was far apart.
nat

sharperone wrote :
WoW! Some heated discussions here.
I attended my first party back in '93 in some warehouse in Alexandria. What took me there was the music, then I feel in love with the culture, the cheekiness, fun, freedom and just something different from the mainsteram....etc.
Yes the rave scene is now very commercial, but I can rememember people bagging me out for liking 'Techno'. Electronic music is mainstream (every commercial on TV or radio, movies..etc). It was inevitable that the rave secen would become so commercial.
Doofs are no different to raves, except they still hold a certain 'underground' feel to them. Same shit, different smell.
I still attend doofs and raves but when I rock up to a doof in my standard uniform of baggy jeans, sneakers and 1 glowstick (comfort is paramount), no one wants to talk to me. If I dress down, then I am 'accepted'. How hypercritical.

I have mates on both sides of the 'fence', but although the ravers may be full of ampthetamine at least they don't care what your wearing and will talk to you (even if it is drug induced babble). Doofers think I am going to 'roll' them or something and then proceed to ignore me while they snort some special K...etc.

We are all the same. Get over it and get into it. :mrgreen:

I tend to agree, I hate being stereotyped based on the way I dress or dance. I don't have dreads and wear and dance however I like. Im just there for a good time, looking for some escapism from the daily grind and honestly, if I don't like the crowd that turns up anymore I take my money and go elsewhere.
kayhat

Some parties are better then others, and some people like different stuff to others.

That's all I have to say on this one without ranting like I'm on ice.
venatrix

kayhat wrote :
Some parties are better then others, and some people like different stuff to others.

That's all I have to say on this one without ranting like I'm on ice.
kayhat

What on earth are you on about? :?
127 posts Page 3 of 6