bloody ravers

Party & Festival Reviews from around the country.
127 posts Page 4 of 6
venatrix

kayhat wrote :
What on earth are you on about? :?

English Lesson 5: Correct Use of Than and Then

Misuse of the words then and than has become quite common in recent years, especially when we look at blogs and articles that are published on the Internet.

First of all, the word than has three major definitions and uses:

* Comparison of one entity or quality to another:
1. Two is less than three.
2. In general, Internet marketers have a greater income potential than those who are employed at traditional salaried occupations in the corporate world.

* Indication of a preference:
1. John McCain’s basic values are so antithetical to libertarian ideals that I would rather vote for a Democrat than take the risk of him being elected as president.
2. It is better to have a bird in the hand than two in the bush.

* Used to suggest something beyond a specific amount or a certain point:
1. In order to benefit from my articles and understand enough of the material to make an intelligent comment, people need to read more than the first paragraph.
2. The differences between Republicans and Libertarians go far beyond and involve much more than simple disagreements about the degree of federal taxation.

Meanwhile, then also has three basic meanings:

* Reference to the past or a previous time period in comparison with the present; at another point in time:
1. Back then, search engine optimization was relatively simple. Now, however, it is somewhat more difficult because search engine algorithms are more complex and there are more competing web pages for most keywords.
2. A common Karlonian fantasy is having the ability to return to the days of yore while still retaining knowledge of all historical events leading up to the present day. From our modern perspective, things seemed so much simpler back then.

* The next item in a sequence:
1. When building a profitable website, it is better to publish quality content first and then apply the monetization methods as opposed to trying to do it the other way around.
2. In order to balance the federal budget, pay off the national debt, and make real long-term improvements to our economy, we must first reduce government expenditures and then look at ways to lower taxes and increase our economic freedom.

* Denotes a logical conclusion; often used in computer programming code in the form “If X Then Y Else Z”:
1. If you have optimized your page properly, done the necessary keyword research, and acquired a significant number of inbound links, then you can expect to see a significant amount of search engine traffic arriving at your website.
2. If X = 2, then print “Yes, your answer is correct. 1 + 1 = 2″, else print “Sorry, your answer is incorrect. Please try again.”
noitnemretsim

haha. When all else fails, talk about the grammar.

You've become more sad thun before.
kayhat

venatrix wrote :
kayhat wrote :
What on earth are you on about? :?

English Lesson 5: Correct Use of Than and Then

Misuse of the words then and than has become quite common in recent years, especially when we look at blogs and articles that are published on the Internet.

First of all, the word than has three major definitions and uses:

* Comparison of one entity or quality to another:
1. Two is less than three.
2. In general, Internet marketers have a greater income potential than those who are employed at traditional salaried occupations in the corporate world.

* Indication of a preference:
1. John McCain’s basic values are so antithetical to libertarian ideals that I would rather vote for a Democrat than take the risk of him being elected as president.
2. It is better to have a bird in the hand than two in the bush.

* Used to suggest something beyond a specific amount or a certain point:
1. In order to benefit from my articles and understand enough of the material to make an intelligent comment, people need to read more than the first paragraph.
2. The differences between Republicans and Libertarians go far beyond and involve much more than simple disagreements about the degree of federal taxation.

Meanwhile, then also has three basic meanings:

* Reference to the past or a previous time period in comparison with the present; at another point in time:
1. Back then, search engine optimization was relatively simple. Now, however, it is somewhat more difficult because search engine algorithms are more complex and there are more competing web pages for most keywords.
2. A common Karlonian fantasy is having the ability to return to the days of yore while still retaining knowledge of all historical events leading up to the present day. From our modern perspective, things seemed so much simpler back then.

* The next item in a sequence:
1. When building a profitable website, it is better to publish quality content first and then apply the monetization methods as opposed to trying to do it the other way around.
2. In order to balance the federal budget, pay off the national debt, and make real long-term improvements to our economy, we must first reduce government expenditures and then look at ways to lower taxes and increase our economic freedom.

* Denotes a logical conclusion; often used in computer programming code in the form “If X Then Y Else Z”:
1. If you have optimized your page properly, done the necessary keyword research, and acquired a significant number of inbound links, then you can expect to see a significant amount of search engine traffic arriving at your website.
2. If X = 2, then print “Yes, your answer is correct. 1 + 1 = 2″, else print “Sorry, your answer is incorrect. Please try again.”

OWNED 8)

You are becoming incoherant with your quotes in your attempt to save my grammatical soul. :P

In reply i will triplel my eforts to be as offensive as possible to the english language. I would prefer to call this a post-colonial subversion from your eurocentric insistence of correct use of the english language. Were you frequently chastised by your english teacher and is this just a form of projection as a result of your psychological damage?
venatrix

Mate it's just a sign of ignorance, that's all.
kayhat

Yeah, ignoring you right now! :P
noitnemretsim

you fucking idiots.

Must you inform the person you are ignoring them? Kinda defeats the purpose.
2nd17th

im going to ignore that last comment
kayhat

What?
mrbadgerman

your all ignored your all that boring. Australiens + Arguements = Virgins
noitnemretsim

mrbadgerman wrote :
your all ignored your all that boring. Australiens + Arguements = Virgins

haha, noob grammar. and noob knowledge of this forum. australiens + arguments = Australiens.

Plus majority of you know shit all about rave, thats why you cant see sydney doofers becoming just like ravers.
kayhat

A lot of rave music has similar production merits to doof. It's fairly obvious to my ears.

Lulz at challenging our arguing skills, I think we have a lot of talent for awful arguements here....
psy*clone

and how about peter fucking andre?
kayhat

no.
Woody

I pulled out the old school raver last week!

Orbital!!! FKN Rocked!
kayhat

Orbital are just wicked. No-one can fuck with, period.
guide dogs association

Biology plays a large part in young males averseness to deep and dark music. Testosterone is dominant, but in ageing the balance is tipped in favour of estrogen production. The opposite is true for woman. Hence a lot of older female doofers go for the harder shit.
And you can see that the majority of male music writers and djs mellow out as they get older. However there are always exceptions to the rule.
kayhat

guide dogs association wrote :
Biology plays a large part in young males averseness to deep and dark music. Testosterone is dominant, but in ageing the balance is tipped in favour of estrogen production. The opposite is true for woman. Hence a lot of older female doofers go for the harder shit.
And you can see that the majority of male music writers and djs mellow out as they get older. However there are always exceptions to the rule.

What facts do you base this on?

Actually, what anything do you base this on? :?

This is without a doubt the biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard. :mrgreen:
theexception_03

let the ravers come to doofs, then when they hear the awesome sounds being thumped out they will turn to the psyside and then they will be doofers, amen
kayhat

theexception_03 wrote :
let the ravers come to doofs, then when they hear the awesome sounds being thumped out they will turn to the psyside and then they will be doofers, amen

Why can't they go to both?

And why do people who go to doofs have to be doofers? I'm not a skanky doofer.

Doofing isn't about evangelism, you know. Quite the opposite. Doofing is a dying dance trend and you're 15 years late. The church of Raving is alive and well and attracting 1000s more then doofs.
theexception_03

They can go to both but I have heard some ravers complaining about the music at doofs, if they don't like the music then what are they doing at the party? Personally I am into metal and all sorts of different music (no club music though), each to their own...

kayhat wrote :
theexception_03 wrote :

Doofing isn't about evangelism, you know. Quite the opposite. Doofing is a dying dance trend and you're 15 years late. The church of Raving is alive and well and attracting 1000s more then doofs.
2nd17th

pffft, i was raving 15yrs ago, you wouldnt know what a real rave is. you need to go back to 1992 and see what you missed out on. these days its all lads and police dogs and really bad dancing.

here you go, when ppl could do there own dance and not a generic one
Meltdown
Site Admin

2nd17th wrote :
here you go, when ppl could do there own dance and not a generic one

^ Go Ming, go! :lol:

Happy Valley's were some classic parties
kayhat

What's club music? :P

I've heard doofers complain excessively about music at raves too. Oh, wait, do I count? :P I've heard doofers complain excessively about music at doofs. I've heard metalheads complain excessively about scrambled eggs and baked beans I cook them for breakfast. I've heard my girlfriend complain excessively about me not pulling my weight around the house. I've heard my housemate complain excessively about no-one paying the bills.

Point being, a lot of people complain about a lot of things but still are doing them. People are just whingers. In my experience, doofers doubly tripley so.

theexception_03 wrote :
They can go to both but I have heard some ravers complaining about the music at doofs, if they don't like the music then what are they doing at the party? Personally I am into metal and all sorts of different music (no club music though), each to their own...

kayhat wrote :
theexception_03 wrote :

traveller

Meltdown wrote :
^ Go Ming, go! :lol:

Happy Valley's were some classic parties

:D
kayhat

(waits for frequency shift this weekend rubbing hands like a hyperactive wanker)
127 posts Page 4 of 6